PDA

View Full Version : Disney on Ice Reviews Anyone?

angel8783
10-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone! We just returned last Thursday from a 6 night stay at POR. I booked the bounceback deal while I was there so we are going back next year, however....

The Disney blues still hit me because grad school got very demanding when I returned (that happens when you play in Disney for a week). So.....

I decided I needed something to look forward to in the near future and what better way to spend $80 or so than to go to Disney on Ice! I have never been to a Disney on Ice show before, but always wanted to go (and yes, I am 24) I am very excited!! The Finding Nemo show is playing here in Houston this fall (we have 1 or 2 shows come here a year I think)

Has anyone been to any Disney on Ice show and would like to give a review?

My husband thought this was a great idea and he promptly bought the tickets for us!

Hoping some Disney magic at home will help melt my coming home stress.

Zippy 1
10-23-2007, 11:45 PM
:mickey: I have taken my DD to Disney on Ice for the last three years. We enjoy it. We also have a friend who just finished a three year tour with Disney. He was actually in the Nemo show. He portrayed Nemo's dad. I think anyone who loves Disney will enjoy the shows. Have fun!!!!

PirateLover
10-24-2007, 12:13 AM
As a child, my mom took me to Disney on Ice almost every year. Recently I've seen the Incredibles at the Magic Kingdom and Monsters, Inc on ice with my boyfriend. Both were fab but Magic Kingdom was awesome! We got tickets like two days before and ended up in the 2nd row, center ice. I think Nemo will be great because I really seeing it lending itself to the ice environment. These shows are always top notch and are a great way to scratch the Disney itch!

Christine
10-24-2007, 01:58 AM
We've seen:

Toy Story 2
Princess Classics
Monsters Inc
Finding Nemo
100 Years of Magic
The Incredibles

and are going to see High school Musical in the spring.

I think the sets and costumes are top notch, the skating is fantastic, and the atmosphere is definitely a good Disney fix at home!

Tink&Goofy
10-24-2007, 02:03 AM
The Princess Classics comes here the end of next week, and I was thinking of taking DD5 to it. (I still owe her one from going to the WDW meet without her....)

Christine
10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
The Princess Classics comes here the end of next week, and I was thinking of taking DD5 to it. (I still owe her one from going to the WDW meet without her....)

OOoo, you should go! It's awesome! There was a huge castle on the ice and fireworks and EVERYTHING! The Little Mermaid scene is adorable, as is Snow White. GO!!!

goofysbabe
10-24-2007, 10:54 AM
We've gone to a few and really like them. High School Musical is coming and I know my dd will want to see it. She's hooked on it! This is also a way for me to get a little Disney fix when I can't get to the parks!

sleepingbooty
10-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Saw Disney Princesses on Ice last winter, and it was Awesome! Really great production value, just like you'd expect from Disney. Was a good dose of Disney Magic while waiting for our next trip. The only Disney Ice thing I've seen adverstised so far is the HSM on Ice. Do they only do one type of show a season?