PDA

View Full Version : Any problems with mousekeeping?

disneyplates
10-23-2007, 08:37 PM
I have been doing alot research for our trip in June 2008. I have read on other web sites, that some people have been having trouble with the rooms being cleaned properly between guests. (not during the time you occupy the room) Anyone have any problems? Since I tend to be a clean freak, this kinda worries me :blush:. I have never had a problem in the past 2 visits, the last visit was in 2001. Thanks.

SBETigg
10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
I've never had a problem with housekeeping. All the rooms I've had at WDW have been remarkably clean, and kept up to that extent during my stays. I have nothing but cheers for the housekeeping staff, at the Poly and at the GF for my most recent stays.

IloveDisney71
10-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I have never had any problems with mousekeepers. My rooms have always been clean when I arrive and have been cleaned well during my stay.
I do know someone who had problems once a few years ago, but a quick call to the front desk and the situation was quickly resolved.

azdisneymom
10-23-2007, 09:20 PM
The last time we went to WDW mousekeeping was terrible. Upon check in we found the toilet had not been cleaned, dust so thick on the furniture you could write your name in it and candy under the edges of the bed just out of sight. The rest of the stay wasn't much better even after we contacted management. However that one stay was the exception. On all our other trips we had immaculate rooms.

Mickey 101
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM
The last couple of trips, the rooms looked pretty good but as the above post mentioned, there was thick dust on the furniture. This was at two different resorts. I just assumed that's not part of the daily cleaning routine. Either that, or they need a Swiffer duster. :blush:

Darbylew
10-23-2007, 11:51 PM
We have never had a problem with the rooms.
We have always found our room and bath clean.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
NOVEMBER 9, 2007. :D

PrincessEmmasMommy
10-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Every trip has been great, except for Feb. 06. We stayed at Pop and found someone else's dirty sock under the bed. We complained and they said they would clean more thoroughly the second time. After that day, the sock was still there and they even left the wet floor towel in the bathroom and didn't give us a new one. We complained after this time too and they gave us 50% of our money back.
Jen

kakn7294
10-24-2007, 07:48 AM
We've had a couple of minor issues - in Sept 2005 at CBR we found someone's important looking documents between the bench and the wall and this past trip at POFQ they only sometimes left us enough washcloths. We requested 4 everyday but didn't always get 4 - sometimes it was only 3 washcloths but we always had 4 towels. Other than that, it's been pretty good although they could vacuum along the edges of the furniture a little better between guests!

pox24
10-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Never had a problem. Was at the Poly last weekend and the staff was very very generous with the shower gel, soap shampoo and conditioner. We stayed 4 nights and had enough for another ten. I'm not kidding. Our room was very well kept. :thumbsup:

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-24-2007, 08:40 AM
We've only been once so far. We stayed at Pop Century. We found the romms to be very clean we we first arrived. Mousekeeping also did an excellent job while we were there.

SurferStitch
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
The only resort we had terrible mousekeeping at was POR. Both times we stayed there our rooms were dirty, musty and just plain :sick:. On our first stay we found someone else's "non-scalp" hair on the bathroom floor when we checked in. Asked for better cleaning, but never got it. I finally cleaned the bathroom myself that night.

Floors were dirty and stained. Lots of dust and crud in the corners. I never walked barefoot there. It was like this both times we stayed there (first stay was a trial run for our second stay only 3 months later).

BUT...everywhere else we've stayed (GF, CBR and Pop) had fantastic mousekeeping. We've been very happy at these resorts.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
We've never had an issue with housekeeping!

I like the room to be clean, smell clean, and look clean...and I've never been disappointed with Disney cleaning.

We had a really nice housekeeper at POFQ last time, DD was sleeping (really late) and she came back and cleaned our room well after all of the others were done on our floor!

mttafire
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I've never had a problem with housekeeping. All the rooms I've had at WDW have been remarkably clean, and kept up to that extent during my stays. I have nothing but cheers for the housekeeping staff, at the Poly and at the GF for my most recent stays.
Agreed, We too have NEVER had any issues with mousekeeping. At ANY resort; Value or Mod,Deluxe:thumbsup:

Scar
10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
In 2000 when we checked into CBR, there was lots of sand and what looked like could have been broken glass on the carpet, not just in one spot but all over the place. There is no way it could have been accidentally overlooked. It was also apparently a smoking room that they had to heavily deodorize. We didn’t smell any smoke but the ammonia (or whatever) smell was very strong the first day, slight the second, and gone the third.

Combined with several other things about the resort in general that we did not like, and we will never stay there again.

Ian
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
This has become a pretty significant issue lately.

My Mother, on her last trip, was issued a room at PO that hadn't been cleaned. Our Fearless Leader, John, was issued a room at SSR that hadn't been cleaned, and I know Emily had that issue on her last stay, I think, although I can't remember where that was.

It definitely happens enough to consider it a trend ... and a disappointing one at that. I find it hard to believe that, while every other hotel chain the world knows how to issue a clean room to people, for some reason Disney can't seem to figure it out.

offwego
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
we had one at the yacht club that was not clean and had broken fixtures..we changed rooms.

We also had a "missed day" on our last trip (and since we were out by 9:30 to the parks it seemed odd to us). However the cleaning itself when done was adequate.

Scar
10-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I forgot to put in my last post:

Everything else in the room was cleaned. Bed sheets, sink, and bathroom. How do just forget to vacuum? We called the desk and someone was there within 10 minutes to vacuum.

MickeyMousse
10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
We've never have had a problem with Mousekeeping! Any requests we've ever had (extra pillows, blankets, etc..) have always been filled promptly and with a smile!:mickey:

JWDisneyFan
10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
During our most recent stay at the Beach Club Villas, we found a room that wasn't nearly up to par in terms of cleanliness. A few dirty tissues lying on the side of the bed, lights burnt out in the master bathroom (not really a cleanliness issue!) but the part that grossed me out, what 2 pairs of diry underwear next to the dresser in the bedroom. Absolutely disgusting! DH disposed of it, and we really should have had mousekeeping take it way, but we didn't. It did take several days for the bulbs to be replaced in the bathroom though after calling multiple days. Oh, and I found more dirty laundry in the washer later in the week!

But of all my trips to Disney, this was definitely the exception.

Cindy'smom
10-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, I've had a dirty room. Last Jan. we arrived at POFQ after a very long flight when we were both getting over a horrible virus. We were tired and weak and dehydrated. We entered our room to find a towel on the bed (not a towel animal) but the rest of the room seemed in order....until we went to the sink. Hair....and not ours...all over both sinks. We called the front desk to explain our situation and request that the room be cleaned while we were out. We were assured it would be taken care of. We were gone for 8 hours. Plenty of time to take care of our room. But alas, we returned to a room with stranger hair still all over the sinks.:ack: We crawled to the front desk to again explain the situation. We were give a half hearted apology and assured the room would be cleaned well in the morning. That was it. We were too exhausted to fight. I was disappointed, but we will give them one more try this winter. I know the mousekeepers are human, but I do hold disney to higher standards, and I certainly expected the situation to be resolved the first time.

Disdad13
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
We decided to splurge (for us) and stay at POR last September. We were pretty disappointed overall. When we checked in, we had the "hair problem" both in the sinks, the floor and the tub; there was a lot of dust build-up on the back of the toilet, there was lipstick on the rim of one of the drinking glasses, and the carpet was pretty cruddy. I never did feel comfortable walking on the floor barefooted. We didn't want to make a big deal out of everything, so we never really complained. But I was pretty disappointed in the quality, considering it was Disney and all. We have also stayed at ASMovies and POP, and were pleased with the cleanliness at both.

vamaggie
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
When I am paying for a hotel room (and paying big time at Disney!) I expect (ok require/demand if needed) that it be clean. The 2 times we have gone (01 & 04) we did not have any problems but I believe that Disney is outsourcing these services now so I fear the trend will contiune. Until Disney can get and keep quality people and/or can "dock" employees who do not do their job (or don't do it up to standards) I fear this will continue.

Cindy'smom
10-25-2007, 06:27 AM
All I can say is pack a tub of Clorox wipes. I do no matter where I'm going. And I never, never walk barefoot on hotel room carpeting. Disney or no.;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 03:45 PM
:number1:
I have been doing alot research for our trip in June 2008. I have read on other web sites, that some people have been having trouble with the rooms being cleaned properly between guests. (not during the time you occupy the room) Anyone have any problems? Since I tend to be a clean freak, this kinda worries me :blush:. I have never had a problem in the past 2 visits, the last visit was in 2001. Thanks. The one thing that has always impressed me about Disney world both the parks and the resorts is how clean they keep them. I was told by my boss that they had mold in their bathroom at Caribbean Beach, but he's been tons of times and that is the mousekeeping issue he's ever had.

Last trip Dec. 26-Jan. 1, 2006 Coronado Springs
Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

GrmGrninGost
10-25-2007, 07:33 PM
We have made at least one trip to WDW per year for the past several years. We have stayed at all the values, all the moderates, and a couple of the deluxes. I have nothing but good things to say about mousekeeping. Our rooms have always been well cleaned. The cleanliness of the resorts is one of the key factors in our staying on-site each trip. It's nice not to have to worry about dirty rooms and bugs. Our last trip off-site we ran into that sort of thing. It was not pretty! From now on we are an on-site family! :mickey:

Marker
10-25-2007, 07:52 PM
And I never, never walk barefoot on hotel room carpeting. Disney or no.;)

Why?

Seriously, I'm not meaning to be a smart alec here. What is the fear from walking barefoot on the carpet.

All my life I've been barefoot as much as possible. If work didn't require shoes I'd probably never wear shoes at all. So I guess any fear of walking barefoot escapes me.

Cindy'smom
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Marker,

I don't walk barefoot on hotel room carpeting because I know that it isn't cleaned often, and you never know what was there. I guess Microbiology keeps coming back to haunt me.:sick: I also admit that I bring Clorox wipes and wipe down doorknobs, tv remotes, faucets, and table surfaces in hotel rooms immediately after arrival. Even at disney. Then I know that what my children are touching has been wiped down. Overkill? Perhaps. And yes, I'm one of those moms squirting antibacterial hand cleaner onto the kid's hands after shopping or going on rides. But they rarely get sick!:thumbsup:

Marker
10-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Marker,

I don't walk barefoot on hotel room carpeting because I know that it isn't cleaned often, and you never know what was there. I guess Microbiology keeps coming back to haunt me.:sick: I also admit that I bring Clorox wipes and wipe down doorknobs, tv remotes, faucets, and table surfaces in hotel rooms immediately after arrival. Even at disney. Then I know that what my children are touching has been wiped down. Overkill? Perhaps. And yes, I'm one of those moms squirting antibacterial hand cleaner onto the kid's hands after shopping or going on rides. But they rarely get sick!:thumbsup:

I'm wandering a bit from the original topic but I'm curious. Believe me, I'm not being argumentative, I'm just honestly curious.

Do you walk on the beach barefoot, or at swimming pools, or into dressing rooms at the pool or the gym? Perhaps not, but I would think those environments would be more "daring" than a hotel room. Do you really feel there is a health risk from walking on carpet, or is it more the mental "gross" factor. But as I said, I'd live barefoot if I could. I'll go just about anywhere barefoot and not even think twice about it.

Also, do you see any concern at all that by keeping kids in such an antibacterial environment it could inhibit their own bodies from learning how to defend against such things. If their bodies are never given a chance to build up it's own immunities, the "real world" could be a much more dangerous place.

Chic-a-pin
10-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Last year @ WL right after checking in I was in the bathroom & noticed something brown "smeared" on the side of a roll of toliet paper....not making any speculations, or anything, but, :ack: I carefully removed the roll & placed it in the trash. eww.

mrsgaribaldi
10-26-2007, 09:34 PM
We've never had a real problem at any resort. I would check on the floor and under the beds if you have any kids since we found a pill under the bed on our last trip. This could be terrible if kids/infants get involved. Other than that, we are like Marker. We walk barefoot, lay on the bedspread, touch the furniture and have never gotten sick.:mickey:

luvdiznee
10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Of the times we've stayed at the resorts the only one time we had a problem was them leaving the garbage on the floor. Still in the bag. They took it out the container like they were going to get rid of it, but then they just forgot. I geuss. :confused::mickey:

Tinkerfreak
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I just returned yesterday and I definately think housekeeping has gone downhill. We stayed at AKL one night and the Poly for 7 nights. Both resort rooms had not been vaccumed properly and had food under the beds and someone else's paperwork under the bed at AKL. The grosses think ever for us was when we got to our room at the Poly there was a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower curtain rod.:ack::ack: I could tell that the floor had not been washes because there were drops of something all over it and it was sticky. Thank goodness I had my Clorox wipes with me. I did call to let them know but they did not seem too concerned about it but I was a bit peeved that I had to wipe the bathroom down myself. I don't think it is asking too much to have the floor washed, the carpets vaccumed and no dirty clothes on the shower rod. It made me wonder if they had even cleaned the shower at all. When I did try to speak to anyone from the housekeeping staff they could not communicate with me. Both women I talked to at both resorts could not understand English at all. It was very frustrating. Now I know how foreigners must feel when they visit, I will definately be more patient with them in the future.

thrillme
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I only had ONE issue. One time while staying at "Movies" the bed sheets (on at least one of the beds) had not been changed. It smelled like B.O. and made me wonder what the previous person must have smelled like :ack: (don't these people ever bathe?). I called and complained. They offered to give us another room but it was LATE we had already been out all day and I didn't know till I was already in my PJs. My DS's bed was fine so I told them that I wanted guaranteed fresh sheets the next day on BOTH beds and that I'd bunk with my DS.

The next day and every day after I had FRESH sheets. Now I make it a point to call before I go and explain my previous prediciment and ask they make sure the sheets are changed in our pending room. Other than that the rooms have been just fine.

heidi614
11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
We have always loved AS Movies Never a problem, Sports-Once, not so clean and something gross under the bed. CB was OK, but not great. Do any coporate disney people check these sites? Maybe we could copy and paste all these comments to someone who could do something. It is a shame to let their hotels go down, when Disney is so well cleaned and taken care of!

TheRustyScupper
11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
1) Housekeeping within the past two years has been spotty.
2) This ranges from great-to-OK-to-poor-to-terrible.

3) There is a major shortage of all hourly employees at WDW.
4) One of those areas is Housekeeping.
5) They run full-page ads every Sunday looking for employees.
6) They even have a $1,000 sign-on bonus for housekeepers.
7) In the mean time they fill-in with temporary employees.
8) These are from temp agencies (eg. Manpower, Kelly, etc).
9) Sometimes they people are good, sometimes not.

NOTE: The employee shortage is so bad that they go around each month to the same retirement villages looking for people. They have a whole crew of WDW recruiters holding recruiting meetings everywhere they can. Getting new people is tough enough, but the employee retention and employee turnover is horrible, so that even compounds the recruiting problems.