PDA

View Full Version : Resort Christmas decorations

McGoofy
10-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I just read another thread that was specifically asking about how value resorts were decorated at Christmas time. My DH and I would like to take a day to go around various resorts at Christmas just to look at decorations. From your experiences, what have you seen in the lobbies as far as Christmas decorations? I hear the monorail resorts are a must see, but what do they offer? Are the other resorts worth seeing too? How about moderates or should we just stick to sight seeing deluxe resort lobbies for Christmas decorations?:santa3::gift::candy::ornament: Please share your resort Christmas decoration sightings!!

Thanks!

Taja
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
All of the resorts--particularly the deluxe resorts--have holiday decorations based on the resort theme. The deluxe resorts are the most elaborately decorated, followed by the moderates, then the values. All are done very nicely.

WL and AKL are considered to be two of the must-see resorts for holiday decorations because of their theming. They are the only two deluxe resorts I haven't seen yet at the holidays! :)

The moderate resorts have a bit more exterior and interior holiday decorations around the main buildings than the value resorts, if I remember correctly. I've only seen CSR, as I stayed there in December, 2003.

If you have time, I certainly would check out the decorations at as many resorts as possible. We're traveling in December with two first-timers--technically three, but he will be 3.5 months old amd as long as he's fed, dry and loved he's a happy camper!--so I doubt we'll make to any resorts except the monorail and EPCOT deluxe resorts. I'm certainly going to try for WL and AKL, though!

KarenP
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
The deluxe are definitely decorated the nicest. My favorites are Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk Inn.

DDuck66
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
While the Deluxe Resorts have the more elaborate decorations, each of the resorts have different Christmas trees in their lobbies. If I remember correctly, the POP had trees that were decorated with all sorts of different games and toys representing the different generations. I was surprised at how much we enjoyed the POP's decorations last Christmas.

brownie
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
The Travel Channel runs a show with Samantha Brown that showcases the deluxe resorts at Christmas. The Grand Floridian has a big gingerbread house. The Beach Club has a carousel made of chocolate (if I remember correctly.) It's pretty neat to see all the Christmas displays in the resorts.

Flower
10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
GF is a MUST!! it has to be my favorite with the gingerbread house!

I would start at the deluxe resorts and work your way down. AK & Wl are beautiful too. Beach Club & Boardwalk are always wonderful.

The mods are very well decorated, but I never feel they are as elaborate - Coronado Springs does have a beautiful tree though.

Believe it or not, it takes a long time to visit every resort, which is why I suggest working your way down, so if you run out of time you will have seen the more elaborate ones.

McGoofy
10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks everybody for the great advice! I'm definitely going to check a lot of them out!! It sounds like it is well worth my time!:stock::tree::santa:

ToDisney
10-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I do agree about the "work your way down" method. We had a rainy afternoon on our last Dec. b-day trip and worked our way around the monorail resorts. The next day after going to EPCOT for the morning, we had lunch at Beaches and Cream and toured the Resorts around the Boardwalk. Dinner was later in the week at WL so we saw it too. And we were staying in a cabin in Fort Wilderness, so we got to see Christmas lights every night from decorations all over the campground.
:cloud9:Oh, the memories
45 days til DISNEY!!