PDA

View Full Version : What season is best?

elmjimmlm
10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
For the past 3 years we have been at Disney World in the summer (June, July and August) and I am curious about other times during the year. We would love to go during Christmas but are not sure if the parks closing so early would be worth it.
Also wondering about the crowds in the fall, winter and spring.
If anyone has anything to share, I appreciate it.

Mollywobbles
10-23-2007, 11:58 AM
If you go during the Christmas season, be sure to avoid the days just before and just after the actual holiday. I've been the very first part of December and also about a week or so before and I don't remember the crowds being all that bad. Even if the parks close earlier with lighter crowds you shouldn't have to worry about that. Besides, there are always the extra magic hours.

The fall season is starting to get busier with the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP. I went the first part of October and it was pretty busy. Not like it was when I went this past February (Mardi Gras/President's Week). But the parks seemed to be open later (at least the MK on a couple of nights on the weekend).

It's really hard to pick a time of year where there's really light crowds. Disney seems to be doing things like package specials and free dining during the times that have normally been very non-crowded.

MsMin
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I just love the Christmas season. Second week of Dec. is my favorite. The weather is more bearable and the parks are so festive. While the MK does close early several nights a week they do have the MVMCP you can attend or find another park open late. Last year we were out til midnight almost every night. We love the Christmas party b/c of the snow on Main Street. I know it may sound silly to many but the combination of snow and Christmas is so magical even if it is soap:blush:
We just got back from the F&WF and we had a great time. It was our first time w/ that event and it was great and different. We are all adults now and it was the first time going when everyone was over 21 so it was more an adult event for us, plus my kids love adventures with new foods. I would love to do it again but it doesn't beat the magic of Christmas for me. I'm going to miss going in Dec. this year. :santa:

GrmGrninGost
10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I love October best of all! The weather is wonderful and MNSSHP is the best! :mpumpkin:

#1donaldfan
10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
We also love the months you mentioned.....I'd like to go in the early spring.....not spring break, might be too crowded.....

mttafire
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Early May. We absolutlely love the late spring season. School is still in and spring break is over....Perfect combination!:thumbsup: Crowds= minimal, Weather=perfect. Also, Its a great time for waterparks.