PDA

View Full Version : Values decorated during Christmas time?

Disneyatic
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
How are the decorations in the values during the Christmas season? Specifically at Pop Century.
DH and I can't seem to decide where we want to stay on our next trip and it will be in Dec 2008 so I want to get as much Christmas "feel" as we can.
Our first choice was WL which looks outstanding during Christmas, but we can't get the room we want, so we are debating going back to Pop again. But I want it to feel like Christmas at the resort!:candy::ornament::santa::tree:

All help is appreciated!

Taja
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
When I stayed at POP during the holidays in 2004, the holiday decorations were in Centennial Hall.

Very nice, although not as lavish as at the deluxe resorts.

Be sure to take your own decorations for your room. It's amazing how many people decorate their windows for the holidays! :)

SurferStitch
10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I was surprised at how nicely the main building at Pop was decorated last year for Christmas.

There is a good sized tree in front of Everything Pop (not huge like the deluxe resorts, but still big), and a huge wreath (and I mean HUGE) hanging on the wall outside of it. Lights are multicolored (to go with the retro theme of the resort), and there is a lot of color to all of the decorations.

The individual buildings aren't decorated, but that's no biggie. Our mansion building at POR wasn't decorated during the Christmas season in 2003 either.

McGoofy
10-23-2007, 01:14 PM
We stayed at Pop Century during the week prior to Christmas back 2003. (Pop Century was only one week old when we stayed there!:cloud9:) I remember a HUGE Christmas tree that was decorated in the lobby down by the end by the food court. At various times, there were carolers dress in the old fashioned caroling costumes singing in the lobby. After 4 years, I really don't remember where else there were decorations, but I am sure that there were. In the early mornings, the lifeguards had a craft table set up where kids could "make and take" crafts. My son made a "Santa sucker," which was a red lollipop with decorations that he glued on the outside.

I remember it being festive around POP. Also, many guest decorated their room windows with all sorts of decorations...garland, lights, little trees, window decals, etc...