PDA

View Full Version : Bus question!

TBY2225
10-23-2007, 09:16 AM
OK, for some reason my mind has gone blank and I can't remember if the buses run between parks or not? In the past we have not had hoppers and only used the buses to go back and forth between our hotel. We are trying to figure out the fastest way possible to get between the parks! Thanks!

ibrowse17
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
As best as I remember, they do run between parks.:thumbsup:

DDuck66
10-23-2007, 09:39 AM
I have heard various responses on this question in several different posts before. We uaually go during the "off season", but we have never had buses running from Park to Park. When we need to go to another park, we just catch the first resort bus that shows up and then transfer to the Park line that we need. We usually allow an hour to get from park to park.
Maybe during the busy season they run from Park to Park. I am sure someone will have more info later.

DDuck66
10-23-2007, 09:40 AM
I do know that thy do not run busses from DTD to the parks. That is because everyone was using their parking lots and going to the parks from there.

Tygger7
10-23-2007, 10:16 AM
A lot will depend on which parks you are going to/from. From MK to Epcot, we always take the monorail. Note, the monorail takes you to the Transportation Center and you should be able to catch a bus to any of the parks from there. However, we get creative. :mickey: From Epcot, you can either walk or take a boat to MGM. The only park that is "difficult" to get to/from is Animal Kingdom because there's only one way (that I know of) to get there: bus. Again, going through the Transportation Center would be your quickest option. Others may post with better ideas, but this is what we usually do. :D

faline
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
The answer is that is depends upon where you are and where you're going. There are some park to park buses.

Disney Transportation Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp)

TBY2225
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
I am trying to get from MK to MGM for Fantasmic. What would be the best way to go?

faline
10-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Teh last time we did this, we monorailed to the Contemporary and took the bus from there.

TBY2225
10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks! Sounds like a good plan!

#1donaldfan
10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
No park to park busses, to my memory.....from MK to MGM?????? you got your answer in the previous post, that's how we'd do it.....it may take awhile, so leave yourself plenty of time.....have fun:thumbsup:

Piglet822
10-23-2007, 08:32 PM
From MK to MGM you can go to a resort and grab an MGM bus as Linda suggested, or you can take the monorail to the TTC and catch an MGM bus there.
Disney does provide park to park transportation - you just have to know what's available for which park.

(Linda has the link in her post ;) )

DisneyCrazed580
10-25-2007, 04:53 PM
We were there Oct 5-14. One afternoon we wanted to make a quick jump from Animal Kingdom to MGM so my son could do the Jedi Training. We figured it would take at least and hour to do the transfer thing with the Disney bus system. We opted for taking a taxi. We were there in less than 10 minutes and it only cost about $12.00 for all 4 of us. It was worth the $12.00 in the time we saved.

Tez
10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
I have not heard of the park to park buses only resort to park bus and vise versa. MK monorail to Contemporary then bus to MGM is the best way.

Piglet822
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
There is a bus that leaves from the TTC to MGM and AK but using the Contemporary is a good idea as well.

awaggett
10-31-2007, 05:39 PM
We were there the last week in September--we had asked the concierge at the Contemporary and they told us there were no park to park buses. We planned to catch a resort bus from AK and transfer to MGM. Much to our surprise there were buses for all of the parks at AK. Not sure at the other parks. It was less than a 20 minute ride to MGM!

ToDisney
11-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Ditto to the last post.
We have been at AK and seen buses to all the other parks BUT also we have been there when there were only park to park buses at for whichever park had the Extra Magic Hours. I guess that way it was easier for resort guest to get around.
Maybe Disney tried out a few things to find what they liked best, but when it came down to it fuel prices won and they cut down on the extra buses? Just a thought.

CleveRocks
11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
I have not heard of the park to park buses only resort to park bus and vise versa. MK monorail to Contemporary then bus to MGM is the best way.
There most certainly are park-to-park Disney Transport routes that do not require using a resort. You can go from any theme park to each of the 3 other theme parks. Here's how ....

From MK to:
Epcot -- monorail/ferry to TTC, then monorail to Epcot
MGM -- monorail/ferry to TTC, then bus to MGM
AK -- monorail/ferry to TTC, then bus to AK

From Epcot to:
MGM -- FriendShip boat OR direct bus OR walk
AK -- direct bus

From MGM to AK: direct bus

Mickey Loves Golf
11-02-2007, 01:02 PM
The previous post pretty much answered it all. You can go park to park at:

MGM

Epcot - LZ (load zone) 3
AK - LZ 7
MK - LZ 11 goes to TTC then transfer to monorail or ferry boat

EPCOT

AK - LZ 1
MGM - LZ 9
MK - Monorail then transfer to the Express Monorail or ferry boat

AK

Epcot - LZ 13
MK - LZ 14 goes to TTC then transfer to monorail or ferry boat
MGM - LZ 15

MK

YOU CANNOT TRANSFER TO ANOTHER THEME PARK FROM THE MAGIC KINGDOM LZ'S

ALL TRANSFERS MUST BE MADE AT TTC

TTC
MGM and AK bus LZ's are located in the outside bus charter lot...if facing the ticket booths at TTC (just in front of the monorail station) the bus charter lot is located to the right or the east side of TTC.

EPCOT - monorail

Downtown Disney

No matter where you are on property (except for Typhoon Lagoon because DD services TL. If you catch a bus at TL you will eventually end back up at DD) you must go to any resort and transfer to a DD bus.

:mickey: Hope this helps...and I hope to catch you on my bus sometime :thumbsup: