PDA

View Full Version : DME Question: Luggage tags

DaisylovesDonald
10-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi gang -

I have a friend leaving for WDW on Thursday. She booked her DME 14 days before her departure, but still hasn't received her luggage tags. If she doesn't receive them by Thursday, this means she can still use DME, but just that she'll have to pick up her own bags, is this correct? That's what I thought the rule was, but she thinks there is a way for the airlines to pull the bags without the tags. Anyone have any info? She has an older person in her party that isn't able to walk very well, so they were really hoping to utilize the DME baggage services.

Thanks! :mickey:

vamaggie
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Without the yellow DME tags attached she (or an airport porter) will have to pull her luggage at baggage claim and take it to the DME desk. They should still be able to use DME, just not the luggage transfer part. Also, the airlines do not pull the luggage, it is DME who actually does it and my understanding is that they will not pull anything w/o those yellow tags. She could also call DME to make sure they have her ressie. Who knows, amybe the tags will show up in the next few days.

teambricker04
10-23-2007, 10:56 AM
We did a last minute trip last December (booked the day before...lots of fun!) and were able to ride DME. Since it was past the 10 days out, they couldn't possibly get us the paperwork. When we got to the airport we had to pick up our own bags (I think we just had carry ons, actually) and then head over to DME. There was no problem getting on the bus without the passes that you are suppose to have... all of our reservation info was on the computer. I think my DH only had our confirmation number.

No worries... they'll still get her to Disney, she'll just have to get her own luggage.

wendy*darling
10-23-2007, 08:26 PM
This past June I took 24 Boy Scouts to WDW on one flight. We arranged for DME 8 months in advance, but even after many confirmation phone calls- we never got our yellow tags. :(

Amazingly, they were able to pull all 25 pieces of our luggage anyway! :thumbsup:

We put colored ribbons on every one of our bags. We used a 4-color combination that we figured no one else would use, and we gave a sample of the 4 ribbons to the DME agent. We also gave him a list describing each one of our 25 bags, along with the person's name on the tag.

I was VERY nervous... but they came through with flying colors!

Type or hand write a list of each checked bag in your party, and put something (ribbons, colored tape, etc.) on each bag that will help DME find it- make sure it's the same thing on all your party's bags.

Good luck! :mickey:

AbeeNormal
10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Sorry to butt in but I gotta say...........

"Boy Scouts you gotta love em!":walk::walk::walk:

CleveRocks
10-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Without the yellow DME tags attached she (or an airport porter) will have to pull her luggage at baggage claim and take it to the DME desk. They should still be able to use DME, just not the luggage transfer part. Untrue.

You can still get the automatic luggage handling/delivery without the DME luggage tags.

They've had a system in place since Day One.

Even without the luggage tags, still SKIP BAGGAGE CLAIM. WHen you check in at the DME Welcome Center, they'll ask if you tagged your bags. After you say "No," they'll ask for your baggage claim ticket numbers, as well as a physical description of each bag (they'll present you with a photo array). A CM will be dispatched to go to the proper baggage claim carousel and claim your bags for you. They will then print out a new DME luggage tag for each bag (it'll be white, different from the yellow ones that are mailed out, but serving the same purpose), tag each bag, and then put them with the rest of the DME luggage to be delivered to the resorts.

No paperwork = no problem. You can still use ALL of the aspects of DME.