PDA

View Full Version : Christine and Cheryl's Dining Reviews- 10/14

Hammer
10-23-2007, 12:33 AM
My sister Cheryl will try to add her comments to this thread if she has a chance, but she is going to be very busy at work the next few weeks.

Breakfast- Boma- paid for out of pocket

This was the staff breakfast which Carol organized where family was welcomed. It was at 7:45 AM :eek:, which was a bit tough after our late night, but we persevered! It had been 3 years since I had been to this breakfast and unfortunately many of the unique items which used to be here have been taken out for a more traditional American Breakfast buffet. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I missed the unique dishes. It seems they are still at the dinner, which I think we will try next trip.

Lunch- Roaring Forks- 2 CS credits used

After the aborted attempts to ride Everest in the morning, we decided to go back to the room and to let our bodies rest. Cheryl did a little work on her laptop and took a nap and I went down to relax at the tables by the pool. Cheryl got a pepperoni flat bread, brownie and a soda and I got the grilled chicken salad which had Granny Smith apples slices, candied walnuts, cheddar cheese and croutons, tossed with apple vinaigrette. It was really good and the salad is made fresh for you. If there is anything you don't want added, they will not add it. I had a magic cookie bar (so rich) and a diet coke.

Dinner- Narcoossee's- 2 TS per person (4 TS total)

This was the dining highlight of our trip! From the moment we walked in to when we left over 2 hours later, everything was impeccable. We checked in and had a 5-10 minute wait, which was enough time to order our well made drinks. Once seated, the fun began. For appetizers, Cheryl ordered the crab cakes and I ordered the dueling tartare of tuna and smoked salmon. I had a taste of Cheryl's crab cakes and they were tasty but I was in love with my appetizer. The flavor of both fishes was wonderful. Accompanied with gyoza chips, the chips blended well with both types of fish.

Our entrées were Whole Maine Lobster (Cheryl) and Surf and Turf (Christine). The food was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. I paired my dish with a glass of Conundrum, which has been added to my list of favorite wines. For dessert we both had the Warm Chocolate Almond Gateau with vanilla bean whipped cream. Cheryl ordered the pressed pot, which is included on the Dining Plan here as the non-alcoholic beverage. Delicious is the best way to describe it. Before dessert, Hallowishes started in MK, so we went out to watch. I think I might enjoy the view of fireworks better here than at the California Grill.

This is a good use of a 2 TS meal, at least for us. Minus the wine, our bill was $200 (this did include the 18% gratuity). Our server, Susie, was flawless. A common thing we noticed with servers is that they assumed you did not know about food and would immediately explain everything. I liked the way Susie handled it as she asked if we had any questions about anything on the menu. She did not assume that we did not understand the menu choices. She received extra tip on our wine bill and I am thinking of writing a letter commending her. We will return :eat: :tasty: !

Natazu
10-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Thanks girls. Hey, that flatbread at Roaring Forks is pretty good huh? We got one before the Tambu Lounge meet.

JPL
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
It had been 3 years since I had been to this breakfast and unfortunately many of the unique items which used to be here have been taken out for a more traditional American Breakfast buffet. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I missed the unique dishes. It seems they are still at the dinner, which I think we will try next trip.

I noticed this as well during the staff breakfast. While the food was still very good the uniqueness of the offerings seems to have disappeared. I was somewhat disappointed with how ordinary the food was since I looked forward to trying some of the other offerings. I guess this will be the DDP plan trend. Soon all the TS will have all the same exact offerings. It's kind of starting to remind of the Simpsons when they had a vat of meat and just stuck a different countries flag on it to differentiate it from an another.

offwego
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks so much for the reviews!:mickey:

Jared
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks for more reviews, Christine. I'm disappointed to hear the breakfast offerings at Boma have declined. Hopefully, dinner remains the same.

Narcoossee's sounds incredible and absolutely worth the two table service credits. Glad to hear you and Cheryl enjoyed your meal.

Looking forward to hearing her impressions!