PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining

ljv1975
10-22-2007, 11:32 PM
What were the best character dining experiences you've been to? My 2 year old daughter loves Mickey and Goofy. What would you suggest as far as those characters go? Thanks!

dml
10-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Chef Mickey is great for the kids. Both Mickey and Goofy are there and it alot of fun. There is alot of interaction with the characters there.

The Liberty Tree at MK is also very nice for dinner, but Mickey is not there. Goofy is there though.

I would guess your 2 yr old will have fun no matter which character dining you choose!

:mickey::mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
10-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Food is better at the Crystal Palace, but it is so packed that there isn't much time with the characters, Chef Mickey's was slower paced as far as getting time with the gang, but the food was not good the night we went.

mickeymousedabomb
10-23-2007, 08:05 AM
As far as dining with Mickey and Goofy it looks as though Chef Mickey's is the only one that has them both. Other character dining expierences are :

Cindy's royal table

Liberty Tree tavern:pilgram:

Crystal Palace:piglet:

Garden Grill:chipdale:

1900 Park Fare:princess:

'Ohana:stitch2:

Akershus:princess:

Cape May Cafe:surfing:

Donalds Safari Bkft:donald:

You can go on info central under dining and get any info you think you may want to know and more! It will tell you exactly the characters that show up and there is even a place to check what they have to eat (its under menus). Good luck and have fun planning!

crazeedizneefinatic
10-23-2007, 08:54 AM
My 2 top choices for favorite character meals would be Chef Mickey's for breakfast, definately not for dinner IMO. This past trip we tried Chef Mickey's for dinner since we heard such good things about it. It was totally gross. The selections were awful as well as the taste. We have never had any complaints as far as their breakfast go. My next pick would be Garden Grill. The food was good and the character interaction was amazing. The characters really took their time and the fact that the restaurant slowly revolved was enough to keep my son entertained. Good luck choosing and have fun!

brownie
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
We like Goofy's Beach Bash Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club Resort). Mickey's not there, but we like the food and atmosphere.

wire0monkey
10-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I have to second the Cape May Cafe suggestion. The breakfast buffet was good, it wasn't very crowded, and we saw Minnie, Goofy, and Chip both days that we were there.

May524
10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Another vote for Cape May! I've never felt rushed there and it was always such a great breakfast! We do it almost every trip!

Narawen
10-23-2007, 04:39 PM
For the Mickey and Friends character group- Chef Mickeys for dinner or breakfast. Good food, energetic atmosphere, and of course the characers.

For Pooh and friends- Crystal Palace for breakfast BEFORE park opening. Last time we had an ADR for 45 mins before the park opened and we missed the big rush. We could see the flood of people coming in and down Main St but by the time we finished eating, they had dispersed to the separate areas. And this is a great way to get plenty of castle pictures without random people in the background.

Princesses- Akershus (spelling?) in Norway at Epcot.

GrmGrninGost
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
For Mickey and Goofy? Hands down, Chef Mickey's for breakfast!:mickey: I do not care for the dinner buffet. It leaves much to be desired.

The Flying Dutchman
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
The Mrs and I were HUGE fans of Liberty Tree Tavern. It has Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, and Chip and Dale. The food was great and the character interaction was fantastic!

Marilyn Michetti
10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
I like 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace for breakfast, but I REALLY wish they had a section for people who just go to eat and watch the fun.

I don't know what to say to the characters, and DH doesn't either.:blush:

JuicyMoose17
10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Chef Mick's

Iluvpooh
10-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Chef Mickey's-Breakfast. I am also not a big fan of the Dinner there.

mousetrapper
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
My vote is for Chef Mickey's! Great character interaction & great location (Monorail pulls right in to the Contemp!).