PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race- Returns November 4th

dw2649
10-22-2007, 11:05 PM
All right folks: Time to get those Tivo's ready. An all new season of The Amazing Race starts Sunday, November 4th at 8 PM EST/ 7 PM CST, replacing the now canceled Viva Laughlin, according to variety.

I have no idea when the cast announcement will be, but I am sure it will be soon. My Tivo will get the season pass as soon as The Amazing Race gets programmed into my TIVO (which might be a few days given that the announcement was just made this morning). :D Looking forward to another season. Who's with me?

pixiesmimi
10-22-2007, 11:24 PM
:ditto:

I just hope the cast is better than it has been in the past couple of seasons. I'm tired of seeing other reality show retreads on there. Get original and give someone new a chance instead of the same ones going from reality show to reality show. They've already won money, give me a break! :rant:

Melanie
10-22-2007, 11:35 PM
I just hope the cast is better than it has been in the past couple of seasons. I'm tired of seeing other reality show retreads on there. Get original and give someone new a chance instead of the same ones going from reality show to reality show. They've already won money, give me a break! :rant:

Admittedly I've become a more forgetful in recent years, but I don't remember any "retreads" in recent seasons, with the exception of Romber on All-Stars. In fact, all I can remember at all is Romber and Allison from Big Brother. Were there others? :confused: Refresh my memory.

Anyway, glad to see it's returning so soon! Still my favorite reality show by far. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
10-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Woo Hoo! :clappy:

mickeysworld
10-23-2007, 12:02 AM
:woohoo: Can't Wait! :woohoo:

JanetMegan
10-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Man ya'll beat me to the post. I also read that the show will run two episodes shorter this season (boo) due to the fact that there will be no non-elimination rounds.

Melanie
10-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I also read that the show will run two episodes shorter this season (boo) due to the fact that there will be no non-elimination rounds.

I saw that a while back as well, Janet. Yes, it's sad there will be fewer episodes, but I'm kinda glad they are doing away with the non-elimination rounds. The article I read went through all the seasons and it was interesting to see who would not have won had there not been the non-eliminations.

pixiesmimi
10-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Melanie, I can't remember right now who all have been repeats besides Rob and Amber and
Allison but I also remember some repeats from the show itself, "All Stars"? Anyway, the point I was making is that I hope they have all new people on there and don't bring in people from other shows. It is more entertaining if you haven't seen the people before and know all their idiosyncrises (sp?). I have seen Rob and Amber on several different shows and want to say "Haven't you won enough money yet?":)

Ian
10-23-2007, 10:02 AM
:woohoo:

I'm glad to see the non-elim rounds gone, too. I always thought they were sort of unfair, because you could bottom feed basically the entire race, catch a break or two with non-elim rounds, and then get lucky at the end and win.

Anyway ... good news. This is definitely my favorite reality T.V. show and I'm happy to see it back. :thumbsup:

Mary Poppins
10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Good news! I've been waiting to hear when the new season will be starting. Cant wait!!:) :yay::clappy:

SimbaandNalasMama
10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
count me in too! glad this will be back on. Of course, now i will have to program my other tivo to pick this up, since we record so much stuff!!

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
:yay: I am really looking forward to the Race starting up again! :thumbsup:

mttafire
10-23-2007, 01:29 PM
:yay: I am really looking forward to the Race starting up again! :thumbsup:

Agreed, Im glad its back.The Amazing Race is IMHO, The best of reality shows.

Disneypixie513
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Yay! This is my mom's and my favorite reality show i think..Wow i read somewhere that it wouldnt start till sometime early 2008! But i'm not complaining..I kinda liked the non-eliminations though..Added for suspense for us..But oh well

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Woo Hoo! :clappy:

dw2649
10-24-2007, 01:27 AM
My Tivo is programmed and ready to go!!!!:clappy::clappy: I'm so excited i don't know how I am going to wait until November 4th.

P.S. Cbs has uploaded a video called The Amazing Race- Meet The Contestants onto Youtube. If anybody wants the link PM me and I'll send it to you.

TheDuckRocks
10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
:joy: I'm ready! :plane::train::car::elephant::diver::bike::boat:

dw2649
10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
The teams are now up at CBS.com. Looking at some of the teams and the video that cbs posted on youtube (see my previous post for the info), some of the teams remind me of other teams from previous seasons, like Johnathan and Victoria and Don and Mary Jean(both from season 6).

NotaGeek
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
It's and interesting team mix, but just from glancing, I have a feeling that CBS is really looking for some drama. Definitely high energy and people that look like they might definitely be high maintenance to boot. You can check out the teams on the Official CBS website (http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/)and see what you think! I can't WAIT for the race to start!

bleukarma
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I can't wait!! This has been my favorite reality show. I haven't looked at the teams yet but I noticed on one of the commercials that there is a grandpa-grandson team. I will probably end up rooting for them, unless they are awful. I tend to like the non couple teams (like brother/sister and father/daughter). Only a few more weeks!!! Yay!!!

I kind of liked the non-elimination rounds...it adds suspense. But, I will be happy to see that no more contestants have to pan-handle for money in a foreign country. I always hated that!

NotaGeek
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I kind of liked the non-elimination rounds...it adds suspense. But, I will be happy to see that no more contestants have to pan-handle for money in a foreign country. I always hated that!

I totally agree. Pan-handling in a third world country when you are part of a multi-million dollar television production was a horrible choice for the people running the show.

Shugoondola
10-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Hmmmm...If I ever saw fellow Louisvillians Kynt & Vyxsin on the sidewalk, I think I'd run in the opposite direction. (Much less let either one bring me my dinner!)

:mickey:

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 04:21 PM
This looks like one of the most diverse sets of teams yet- should be a great season to watch!

Melanie
10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
This looks like one of the most diverse sets of teams yet- should be a great season to watch!

Yeah, wow. It should be very interesting!

A grandson/grandfather team. That's a new one. I don't predict them lasting long. :unsure:

I'm just happy to see Phil again. :)

Melanie
10-24-2007, 10:46 PM
:fit: I just found the premiere date here, and it's not until December 4. Grrr! I won't be able to discuss with you all yet again. :(

NotaGeek
10-24-2007, 11:01 PM
:fit: I just found the premiere date here, and it's not until December 4. Grrr! I won't be able to discuss with you all yet again. :(
CURSES! The military TV is severly affecting our television friendship! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, wow. It should be very interesting!

A grandson/grandfather team. That's a new one. I don't predict them lasting long. :unsure:

I'm just happy to see Phil again. :)

Phil is why I started watching the show! :heart:

2Epcot
10-24-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm very happy for the return of Amazing Race, it is of my favorite reality shows, and replaced Survivor from my viewing schedule for the last several years. I will get back from China just in time for the start. :thumbsup:

The teams look like they will be good, but I noticed that 6 1/2 of the teams are from CA.

NJDad
10-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Don't forget-since it's Sunday nights, during the NFL season the show may start late, and thus end late, so set your TIVOs, DVRs or VCRs accordingly.

brownie
10-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Can't wait; saw the promo on Tuesday night!

MNNHFLTX
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Don't forget-since it's Sunday nights, during the NFL season the show may start late, and thus end late, so set your TIVOs, DVRs or VCRs accordingly.
Thanks for the reminder--I got burned by that a couple of times last season. :)

It does look like a very diverse group of people. I may have to put shades on to watch Kynt and Vyxsin! One thing I noticed is that they don't have any guy/guy best friend teams, as they have in the last couple of seasons.

dolphinmickey9170
10-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Phil is why I started watching the show! :heart:
Amen!

Hmmmm...If I ever saw fellow Louisvillians Kynt & Vyxsin on the sidewalk, I think I'd run in the opposite direction. (Much less let either one bring me my dinner!)

:jaw:

I totally agree. Pan-handling in a third world country when you are part of a multi-million dollar television production was a horrible choice for the people running the show.

I really don't think I could have done this. They should have come up with some other way.

Momof2boys
10-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm happy to see the non-elim rounds gone as well - we hated cheering for someone to be last, just to get our spirits down when it was non-elim.

I can't wait - we love this show !

tinkwest
10-31-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm happy to see the non-elim rounds gone as well - we hated cheering for someone to be last, just to get our spirits down when it was non-elim.

I can't wait - we love this show !

But . . . a few times non-elimination saved the team I was pulling for. So, I have mixed feelings. For the most part, though, I think I agree with their doing away with this part of the contest.

Counting the days!!

DizneyRox
10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
If my memory serves me right, the non-eliminations were mostly the same shows as there were yields, no? Kindof really just created tension between the teams than a way to try to help yourself.

TAR is probably the best reality show on TV though, I agree. Although, Beauty and the Geek is high up there as well!

T-Belle
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
....begins tonight!!:woohoo: My favorite reality show!!

Melanie
11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Enjoy everyone! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
11-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Enjoy everyone! :thumbsup:

I wish you could be part of the race this year ... at least we can talk about it in December! I need to smuggle you the episodes...

NotaGeek
11-05-2007, 12:20 AM
:thumbsup:

"Donkeys have souls too"

That was he quote of the night. Good first episode and I am very glad that team got eliminated ... they were horrible to the Donkey and rude.

ChipnDaleGal
11-05-2007, 06:14 AM

"Donkeys have souls too"

That was he quote of the night. Good first episode and I am very glad that team got eliminated ... they were horrible to the Donkey and rude.

Me too! I was rooting for them to be the first team eliminated from the moment they lied to that Irish cab driver. Donkey karma did them in!!!

So early, but just based on that first episode I liked the brother/sister team that came in first, the goth couple, the Asian father/daughter team and the grandson/grandfather. Not digging the blond shopper women or the boyfriend/girlfriend team that also had donkey issues.

Carol
11-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Who's your Daddy?? :silly:

Ari reminded me of a mean version of Ross the Intern. Love Ross. Ari - - - - not so much. Glad that team came in last.

I may have to put shades on to watch Kynt and Vyxsin! Really? They don't bother me. I figure to each their own. I am interested in seeing how well the make-up holds up by the end of those grueling legs. KT's hair is what bugged me. :scratch:

Jen0610
11-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Really? They don't bother me. I figure to each their own. I am interested in seeing how well the make-up holds up by the end of those grueling legs.

I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see them in about 6 more weeks. My neice from LA was big time into goth and it would take her HOURS to get her makeup and hair just right.

Was so happy to see Karma take its first bite. Was not impressed with that team or the other dating team that had issues with their donkey. There are a couple of teams that I liked, but no real favorite yet.

MNNHFLTX
11-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Ari reminded me of a mean version of Ross the Intern.
Dave thought the exact same thing, Carol.

I was really glad that Azaria and Hedekea came in first, I like them a lot. I also like the father/daughter team, the grandson/grandfather team and the goth team. I thought TK and Rachel were okay too--they seemed to be having a lot of fun (but yeah, TK's hair is something else!)

Not a fan at all of Nathan and Jennifer. Besides the fact that they were already sniping at each other during this first leg, the way they acted with their donkey was terrible. I am a big softie about animals and I hope they are the next team to go home. Also not impressed with the blonde friends. The minute I heard them say that they were going to flirt and use their bodies to get ahead in the race, it was a total turnoff. And Lorena and Jason--well, I like Jason just fine, but I don't know how he will be able to stand Lorena's whining and "intensity" for the rest of the competition.

pixiesmimi
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I was going to say the same thing about the Goth couple and their makeup. She is already taking on a new look after the "bike ride" across the channel. Don't think their look will hold up long with no long stopovers for repairs. :)

I have not decided yet on a favorite but was not sad to see that particular couple eliminated. I didn't mind the girl but sure didn't like him. I couldn't believe the other dating couple when he told her she was one of the worst he had ever known as they were hiking up and then turned around later and said he loved her. I would have smacked him.

Boy, the episode seemed to have gone fast. It didn't seem like it had as many challenges in it as in the past.

tinkwest
11-05-2007, 09:41 AM
The minute that couple stole the cab and then later acted all innocent, as if they didn't have any idea that someone else had called for it, I knew I would not be pulling for them. So I was thrilled to see them get a stubborn donkey that they didn't know how to control.

Didn't either the team that was eliminated or the bickering couple with the love/hate relationship notice the gentle voices used by all the other contestants as they walked by? Guess not!

And the two blond girls better be gone soon - they make me gag.:ack:

brownie
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I can't believe all the bickering on some of the teams already, and it was only the first leg of the race! I hope that gets better (or they get eliminated!)

BriarRose0708
11-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I have a feeling Nathan and Jennifer are going to be this season's John and Victoria.

Good episode, I have a couple favorites so far but we'll see how long they last. I'm more of a "I hope such and such team doesn't win" person with this competition show. I missed the preview for next week, where are they going?

TheDuckRocks
11-05-2007, 11:20 AM
I have a feeling Nathan and Jennifer are going to be this season's John and Victoria.

That was what I kept thinking the whole time I was watching last night. Didn't J & V have some kind of problem with an animal that wouldn't cooperate with them also? Boy, I sure do hope they go home next week, I really don't want to keep watching their bad behavior week after week.
Couldn't have been happier than who went this week. Donkey karma, just what they asked for and deserved!:thumbsup:
So far here's the teams I liked:
Azaria & Hendekea
"Who's Your Daddy?"
The goth couple (not even going to try the names)
Wait and see list:
Lauren & Jason
Gramps & the kid
Marianna & Julia
Kate & Pat
Rachel & TK (need to pay attention next week, he maybe kind of cute if it weren't for the hair)
Hit list (ala Tony Soprano):
Jennifer & Nathan
The blondes
Please let one of these 2 go next week.

Ian
11-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I didn't watch much of last night's episode because of the Eagles game, so I didn't really have time to form an opinion yet.

I thought the one couple that had the problem with their donkey was really annoying. That's about all I came away with.

bleukarma
11-05-2007, 03:41 PM

I completly forgot to do this so I missed half the episode. :( I missed the entire donkey thing. But it sounds like that I will be happy with the outcome, the team that everyone was talking about was just evil. Karma will always get you eventually! I'm glad it happened sooner rather then later with this team.

It's still too early for me to form an opinion of who I hope will win. I kind of like the diversity this season though! :mickey:

KarenP
11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
I too was glad that couple that got eliminated. I didn't like them from the minute they stole the cab.

I like the grandpa/grandson team but from the looks of it I don't think they are going to make it too far.

2Epcot
11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Me too! I was rooting for them to be the first team eliminated from the moment they lied to that Irish cab driver. Donkey karma did them in!!!

So early, but just based on that first episode I liked the brother/sister team that came in first, the goth couple, the Asian father/daughter team and the grandson/grandfather. Not digging the blond shopper women or the boyfriend/girlfriend team that also had donkey issues.

I also like most of the same teams, and was very happy to see the first team that was eliminated.

AvonleaCF
11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I was out last Sunday so I set my DVR to record, and of course I missed half of it because it didn't start until 8:30pm! Grrr! At least now I know for next time. I read the re-cap on cbs.com though so at least I'm caught up for next time.

c&d
11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Finally got to watch it last night. I was very happy that they got eliminated. As soon as they pulled the cab stunt, DH looked at me and said Ramber.

I loved the father singing Danny Boy as he pedaled along. I almost fell out of my chair laughing. I hope they stay in for a while.

I also like the "Goth" couple. I think they have a great sense of humor. I loved the "Oh my Goth" comment when they were leaving.

NJDad
11-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I believe Fox and CBS alternate who gets a big Sunday 4PM (ET) football game, so this week's show should probably start on time in more areas of the country.

But watch out next week, and just in case, every week, until football season is over. Set those DVRs, TIVOs, VCRs accordingly. This is your second warning!

ChipnDaleGal
11-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Okay, my opinion of the grandson/grandpa team has gone down a little and I didn't like the dad yelling at his daughter so much this week. My two favorite teams are still the brother/sister and the Goth team. The ladies that finished last this week seem very sweet, but it was unlikely they would get very far with so many physical challenges each leg. I wasn't surprised they came in last, but I sure wish it had been the blondes.

Carol
11-12-2007, 07:20 AM
That Dad needs to be muzzled. I cannot stand listening to him during the show. I cannot image what he is like to live with. :nono:

MNNHFLTX
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I agree that the father came across very negatively this week. He was like the Everready bunny with his lecturing. And I thought his daughter was incredibly patient with him. I sure hope he took her words to heart about changing his approach on things because I like Christina and don't want them to get knocked out of the competition because he is wasting so much time talking.

The brother/sister team are still tops on my list, as are Kynt And Vyxin. And Lorena was a lot less whiny this week, so she and Jason moved up a bit in my book. I even like the blondes a little better because they seem to be throwing themselves into the challenges without complaining. But what was up with TK and the knot-tying? I never would have figured him to be so clueless. I have to hand it to Rachel, though, she didn't blow up at him or anything, just took it in stride. Still can't stand Nathan and Jennifer. They genuinely seem to dislike each other at times.

I wasn't surprised that Pat and Kate came in last either, although they were one of the nicer teams.

Ian
11-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Holy cow ... what happened to the Dad this week? Last week he was Mr. Danny Boy, having fun, lovin' life guy. Now, all of a sudden, he's turned into this insane, nagging, maniac??

I couldn't stand listening to him last night. The best was when they got to the Detour. He complains that the lift it challenge is too complicated and then whines about how tough the bike challenge was?? The daughter needs to smack him in the eye and tell him to shut it.

I don't really have any faves yet. I still kinda like the Gramps/Grandson team (and what was with the Dad yelling at the Grandson, by the way???) and the goths seem okay. The rest are still kind of a mish-mash at this point.

KarenP
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Holy cow ... what happened to the Dad this week? Last week he was Mr. Danny Boy, having fun, lovin' life guy. Now, all of a sudden, he's turned into this insane, nagging, maniac??

I couldn't stand listening to him last night. The best was when they got to the Detour. He complains that the lift it challenge is too complicated and then whines about how tough the bike challenge was?? The daughter needs to smack him in the eye and tell him to shut it.

I don't really have any faves yet. I still kinda like the Gramps/Grandson team (and what was with the Dad yelling at the Grandson, by the way???) and the goths seem okay. The rest are still kind of a mish-mash at this point.

I agree. The dad went psycho! He drove me out of my mind. He never shut his mouth!

I still like the Grandpa/grandson too. But I don't have a real fave team so far. They are all just okay. I kinda hope I start to really like someone soon. It is a lot more fun watching when you have a team to cheer for.

offwego
11-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Yep 100% except you forgot the rant in the airport too. I really kinda liked the Goths (in particular with the ditch jumping thing). Looking forward to next week as well as it always gets better as the teams get clearer.

Mousefever
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
My sister lives in CT and therefore sees network shows an hour before I do in CO. She called me right as the Amazing Race was starting here, having just watched it herself. She said, "The father daughter team reminds me a lot of what it would be like if you and Dad were doing the Amazing Race together." Although I don't think my dad would be quite as bad as that, I do tend to agree. BUT I would have chewed his head off in the middle of the detour challenge instead of waiting until the busstop. That girl was ultra patient.

I enjoy any of the teams who don't constantly yell at each other.

Amy

:dory:

NotaGeek
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
You know, I kind of feel for the dad. You can really see his struggle. He has called himself OCD, and he is a salesman, and from his demeanor he seems to be successful... so I imagine he is a bit out of sorts not being in complete control of what's going on around him. Both he and his daughter have said this is the most time they have spent together so they are really exploring what it's like to have an adult relationship ... and no doubt she will have to stand up for herself and tell him what's what ... but having several Asian friends, the level of respect for one's father runs deep, so it is no doubt painful for her to know how her dad is showing his stressed out and bossy side. :soapbox:

TheDuckRocks
11-13-2007, 12:27 PM
OK, the dad and daughter have been removed from my "like" list.:nono:

Shugoondola
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
OK, the dad and daughter have been removed from my "like" list.:nono:

I hear you. I was liking them until the last episode.

Nobody really stands out as a favorite for me this season, but I guess I'll root for the hometown folks, Kynt and Vyxsyn :eek:, even though I can take 'em or leave 'em.

I like the brother/sister team the most as of right now.

MNNHFLTX
11-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Well, I was satisfied with the outcome of this leg, although I would have liked Nathan and Jennifer to have been eliminated, instead of the sisters from Miami.

It was good to see Ronald and Christine get back in the groove of things this week. And poor guy, to develop a hernia during the competition! Maybe that was part of the reason he was so crabby last week. I sure hope that he was wearing a support girdle or something to keep the hernia stablized.

Lorena was a case last night. I felt bad for her in a way, but I had to shake my head at Jason saying that she lost it because "she is so passionate about winning". She just couldn't handle the pressure is what happened, IMO. Not that I would want to milk a camel and then drink the milk, though!! :ack:

All in all, a very interesting episode. Hopefully next week it will be bye-bye for Nathan and Jennifer or the blondes.

c&d
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I was hoping the blondes would be gone. But there's still time.

When watching the show last night I was thinking hard which I would prefer to do: teach or learn. It really was a tough one to chose. However I did like the logic, we're really tired so let's teach.

TheDuckRocks
11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I would have loved to have done the teach part of that challenge, how wonderful that would be to have one on one time with a child from a such a different way of life than ours.:thumbsup:

KarenP
11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I am still watching but finding myself about ready to tune out. I just don't especially like any of the teams and it is hard to watch when you really don't have anyone to root for. Anyone else feel the same way?

Carol
11-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Anyone else feel the same way?Not at all. It's my favorite show. I love seeing Phil :D , the sights and challenges - regardless of who is competing.

The "U-Turn" was a nice addition. I think the blondes made a mistake using it though. I was hoping they'd get lost in the marketplace and be eliminated. (I don't like them at all.)

Thoughts on Jennifer?? I thought she was crazy whining because the siblings didn't let her and Nathan come in first. Oy! It's a competition people! (Not a big Jennifer fan either - but I like Nathan.)

I'm rooting for Kynt and Vyxsin to win. Azaria & Hendekea would be my second choice. (I wish he'd let up on her some though.)

I also like the Grandpa and Grandson. Rachel & TK, hair and all, are running a good race and I'm glad "Who's Your Daddy" has calmed down some - because I like Christina.

:twocents:

I found myself worrying about those baby goats in the baskets. I didn't like that part at all:(

ChipnDaleGal
11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Not at all. It's my favorite show. I love seeing Phil :D , the sights and challenges - regardless of who is competing.

The "U-Turn" was a nice addition. I think the blondes made a mistake using it though. I was hoping they'd get lost in the marketplace and be eliminated. (I don't like them at all.)

Thoughts on Jennifer?? I thought she was crazy whining because the siblings didn't let her and Nathan come in first. Oy! It's a competition people! (Not a big Jennifer fan either - but I like Nathan.)

I'm rooting for Kynt and Vyxsin to win. Azaria & Hendekea would be my second choice. (I wish he'd let up on her some though.)

I also like the Grandpa and Grandson. Rachel & TK, hair and all, are running a good race and I'm glad "Who's Your Daddy" has calmed down some - because I like Christina.

:twocents:

I found myself worrying about those baby goats in the baskets. I didn't like that part at all:(

Could not have said any of that better than you did Carol. I agree with you on every point. Love the show, Phil, and the same teams. Hated the goat part and wish that the blondes had gone this week.

I just loved how emotional Kynt and Vyxsin got about Africa and the people they have encountered there. They are sweet, friendly, smart and competitive. :thumbsup:

Ian
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I am still watching but finding myself about ready to tune out. I just don't especially like any of the teams and it is hard to watch when you really don't have anyone to root for. Anyone else feel the same way?I actually have the opposite problem. I'm having a tough time narrowing down the field of teams that I like. The only teams I really don't care for are the blondes (who are sure to self-destruct and go home shortly) and the team that got eliminated last night. Can't remember her name, but the woman was really annoying.

The "U-Turn" was a nice addition. I think the blondes made a mistake using it though. I was hoping they'd get lost in the marketplace and be eliminated. (I don't like them at all.)Totally agree about the blondes, Carol. BIG mistake using the U-Turn there. I'm hoping they go next, because I don't like them at all.

Thoughts on Jennifer?? I thought she was crazy whining because the siblings didn't let her and Nathan come in first. Oy! It's a competition people! (Not a big Jennifer fan either - but I like Nathan.) I also agree about Jennifer ... she's too whiny. She kinda got on my nerves with that whole "I'm a dancer ... " thing, too. She actually said, "I'm going to get made fun of in the dancing community when I get home" ... Uh, honey ... I highly doubt shaking your booty for an NBA dance team qualifies you as part of the "dance community." I'm sure they have no clue who you are and they're better off for it.

I'm rooting for Kynt and Vyxsin to win. Azaria & Hendekea would be my second choice. (I wish he'd let up on her some though.)I like Azaria and Hendekea, but the jury is still out in my mind on Kynt and Vyxsin. They've played well at times, but I'm not 100% sold on how well she's going to hold up under pressure for the long haul. She cracked a little last night.

I also like the Grandpa and Grandson. Rachel & TK, hair and all, are running a good race and I'm glad "Who's Your Daddy" has calmed down some - because I like Christina.Agreed on all points. I even like the Dad a little now that he's calmed down a bit.

I found myself worrying about those baby goats in the baskets. I didn't like that part at all:(Me too. Sometimes I get a little bit frustrated at the stuff they do to animals on this show. I mean was it really necessary to stuff chickens in a bag and lug them around Africa??

offwego
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
I agree the u-turn was not a good plan for them. Hopefully they will get eliminated soon. I thought it was funny how half the teams ended up holding their chickens out of the bag. (but do agree that it seemed needless to cart around goats and chickens as part of a game).

My DS wanted to go & "buy" all the goats to "save them" and I pointed out that the goats are really a part of all those peoples lives and saving them would hurt the people too. Maybe we were just supposed to get a flavour for how hard the lifestyle is? All in all a really good episode.

BriarRose0708
11-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Shoot, I missed it last night to go see Enchanted, and it sounds like a good one. I'll pop over to the cbs webpage and catch up on who got eliminated. This U-Turn thing sounds interesting.

tinkwest
11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Waa Waa :sob: You've won before so I should get to win this time :pout: No Fair! :fit:
Ridiculous! I was almost starting to like Nathan & Jennifer as they really played a strong game this time without too much bickering between them. But her whining at the end was sooo childish.

I wish the blonds had been eliminated this week. They are annoying. Although Lorena & Jason were not my favorite team they were making such a comeback after last weeks camel breakdown that I was kind of hoping to see what they could do in the weeks to come.

2Epcot
11-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I was actually able to watch Amazing Race last night ... Usually I'm a few days behind.

I found myself worrying about those baby goats in the baskets. I didn't like that part at all:

I liked the "U" turn twist also, that would be the worst thing to see after you struggled to finish one task. I also agree it didn't seem like the right time to use it.

I can see Jennifer being upset, but it is a game. She acted like a little kid who felt it was her time to win ... They other group had their turn winning.

I also had concerns about ther goats. I kept thinking one of them was going to fall out of one of the baskets and get hurt.

I also agree about Jennifer ... she's too whiny. She kinda got on my nerves with that whole "I'm a dancer ... " thing, too. She actually said, "I'm going to get made fun of in the dancing community when I get home" ... Uh, honey ... I highly doubt shaking your booty for an NBA dance team qualifies you as part of the "dance community." I'm sure they have no clue who you are and they're better off for it.:

Yeah, I wouldn't put an NBA dancer in the "dance community", though I do have a friend who dances for the Clippers, so now that I know Jennifer was part of their group I'll have to ask my friend about her.

What I didn't understand about the detour was it seemed like a no-brainer. Go out and do any kind of dance, the worst that will happen would be a 10 minute penalty. It seemed like at the very least, it would take 10 minutes or more to mine for gold. The dance seemed like the think to do. I didn't understand the team choosing to leave the dancing to try to get gold.

Carol
11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
What I didn't understand about the detour was it seemed like a no-brainer. Go out and do any kind of dance, the worst that will happen would be a 10 minute penalty. It seemed like at the very least, it would take 10 minutes or more to mine for gold. The dance seemed like the think to do. I didn't understand the team choosing to leave the dancing to try to get gold.I don't think either of the detours was that difficult. The producers pretty much had to make them that way because of the U-Turn at the end of the task.

NotaGeek
11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree with you Carol. I wish we could see exactly how long it took for them to complete the tasks ... the art of editing takes out the fun for me sometimes. I want to see how long it was between the teams checking in and completing tasks.

I think it was a really good show last night. I was REALLY paranoid for those baby goats! It seems everyone of the racers were equally concerned.

bleukarma
11-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I was really pulling for Lorena and Jason last night. I wanted them to get in there and beat the blondes, even though I knew that in all likelihood it wouldn’t happen. Lorena and Jason weren’t my favorite team, but I found myself pulling for them over a few other teams (like the sisters from Miami and the blondes).

I think using the U-turn only made other teams not like the blondes. They really didn’t need to use it, Lorena and Jason were already a good hour and a half behind the other teams. Chances are they would’ve come in last anyway.

I really felt bad for the goats. For some reason my little dog Charlie reminds me of a goat (I have no clue why, I think it’s his floppy ears) so seeing the poor goats being let to the market in a basket really made me sad. :( I know that its how life is lived over there, but it was just sad to me.

I’m pulling for TK and Rachel and Kynt and Vixen. They are the two teams that really seem to be appreciating the race. Also I like Hendekea and Azaria (which translates to team Hank Azaria in my head), although I really wish he wasn’t so hard on her.

Ian
11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
What I didn't understand about the detour was it seemed like a no-brainer. Go out and do any kind of dance, the worst that will happen would be a 10 minute penalty. It seemed like at the very least, it would take 10 minutes or more to mine for gold.I agree. I said to DW that I would have gone immediately to the judges table, fallen over, called that my dance, taken my 10 minute penalty and been on my way!

NJDad
11-27-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm wondering if there's an unpublicized rule that would disallow a strategy of purposefully failing at a task without trying?

Most racers seem very keen on saving every minute and probably don't slow down enough to think through a strategy like that.

Carol
11-27-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm wondering if there's an unpublicized rule that would disallow a strategy of purposefully failing at a task without trying?

Most racers seem very keen on saving every minute and probably don't slow down enough to think through a strategy like that.I would imagine they'd have to at least 'try'.

I think that is why I like(d) Rob and Amber so much on the race. He really did introduce strategy. He was the first one to do a lot of things - like getting folks to help, detouring people on the buses and remember he opted to take the penalty that time when eating the meat?? He knew he wouldn't come in last regardless and just waited.

MNNHFLTX
11-27-2007, 11:59 AM
I found myself worrying about those baby goats in the baskets. I didn't like that part at all(Me too, Carol. And the chickens in the nets too. That part of the show was not enjoyable to me at all. :(

I need to say right up front that I detest Jennifer (and Nathan, by default). For her to literally demand that Azaria and Hedekeah forfeit first place because they've already been in that position is beyond being a poor loser. That, combined with the way she shrieked at that donkey a while back just makes doubly wish she is gone next week.

And the decision the blondes made to use the U-turn makes me hope that it comes back to bite them down the road. I think they were just so glad not to see their pictures on the U-turn sign that it impaired their judgement.

Kynt and Vyxsin have really grown on me over the last few weeks. Besides being smart competitors, they seem to have big hearts too. Azaria and Hedekeah are right up there too, as well as Ronald and Christine. I like the way dad is developing newfound respect for his daughter's intelligence and instincts.

Ian
11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
I think that is why I like(d) Rob and Amber so much on the race. He really did introduce strategy. He was the first one to do a lot of things - like getting folks to help, detouring people on the buses and remember he opted to take the penalty that time when eating the meat?? He knew he wouldn't come in last regardless and just waited.I agree totally. Rob really redefined much of the way the race is played.

They were far and away my favorite TAR team ever.

tinkwest
12-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Thank goodness the blondes are gone. They were just a boring, bickering team, IMO.

I was amazed at Ron's persistence on those stilts.

Can't wait til next week to see Jen & Nate once again treat each other with love and respect. :shake:
You're the ugliest person I know.
I'm so proud of you.
I hate you.
I love you.
:goodbad:

Ian
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Thank goodness the blondes are gone. They were just a boring, bickering team, IMO.Ugh. I hear ya on that one. They may have been one of my all-time least favorite TAR teams.

And honestly a lot of it had to do with those STUPID sunglasses they wore!! IMO, no one above the age of like 25 should wear those dumb, full face sunglasses. They looked like twits.

I was impressed with some of the teams this week. I thought TK and Rachel really played well, I admired the way that Ronald gutted it out in the stilts challenge (even though he's still annoying), and I thought the Grandpa/Grandson team played a good leg, too.

Jennifer and Nathan are officially on my "do not like" list. I thought I liked him, but now he's as irritating as she is. I still like A&H and K&V, too.

bleukarma
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Yay, the blondes are gone!!! Karma for the U-turn...I knew it was coming! Now if only we can get Jenn and Nate out.

MNNHFLTX
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
and I thought the Grandpa/Grandson team played a good leg, too.
Personally, I like the grandfather, but the grandson bugs me. I'm sure a lot of it was the editing, but I got frustrated with his ineptness during the package delivery roadblock (probably because it let Nathan and Jennifer get further along than they deserved).

Speaking of which, now that the blondes are gone, I can only hope that Nathan and Jennifer will be next. :fingers:

Did anyone wonder for a second when Phil said that the last team to arrive "may be eliminated", instead of "will be eliminated"? I thought maybe they decided to re-introduce non-elimination rounds after all.

I was very pleased that TK and Rachel finished first and that Kynt and Vyxsin were right up there too. I still want Christine and Ronald to stay in the race, mainly because I like Christine. It was admirable the way Ronald persisted with the stilts but when he started babbling his preachy gobbledy-gook at the airport, all I could think was that his daughter has the patience of a saint.

2Epcot
12-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I was amazed at Ron's persistence on those stilts.

I was also happy that Ron stayed with it, and made the walk on the stilts. I'd like to see him and Christina get far.

Did anyone wonder for a second when Phil said that the last team to arrive "may be eliminated", instead of "will be eliminated"? I thought maybe they decided to re-introduce non-elimination rounds after all.

I've noticed that Phil has been saying that all the time this season. I think they just continue to word it that way to add more suspense at the end ... wondering if the people may stay.

TheDuckRocks
12-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I've noticed that Phil has been saying that all the time this season. I think they just continue to word it that way to add more suspense at the end ... wondering if the people may stay.

I've been noticing that too! Some of the teams are already beginning to talk about maybe this no will go this week. Boy, are they going to be surprised at the end when there has been no non=elimination round.

I'm glad Who's Your Daddy is behaving somewhat better. Go Goths.......I really like these 2.

Note to self: must ditch my large lens sunglasses, definitely don't want Ian thinking I'm a twit.

NotaGeek
12-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Yay, the blondes are gone!!! Karma for the U-turn...I knew it was coming! Now if only we can get Jenn and Nate out.

I don't understand why everyone assumes it's "karma" ... they played the game. People always get so up in arms over the use of these type of things .. it's legal and provided by the show ... and this race if afterall for $1,000,000.00. I would have NO problem using a u-turn or a time out or whatever to win the money.

That being said, I think the blondes lost because they were horrible players, it was completely because they came on the show not needing the money, as they made known more than once, and it goes to show you being cute and flirting with the men of the world will not always get you what you want. I am glad they are gone.

conorsmom2000
12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm not really a big follower of the Amazing Race, but I just thought I'd share that my sister Kate auditioned for it today! Her co-worker/friend Veronica has been pushing for them audition as a team, so they started doing a videotape to send in. (I had the honor of doing some of the taping and these two together are a riot - I can't remember the last time I laughed so much!) :D Anyway, they didn't finish the video in time, so they decided to drive out to Cleveland where they were holding an audition. I don't know all the details yet, just random updates throughout the day (including one that said she was on line in 23 degree weather with about 100 other people about 6 hours prior to the audition). :D I know they had to complete tasks, like the show, and the first 100 teams in would get a chance to be videotaped for the producers.

So, I just got an email from her that said they were the 22nd team back in, so they got videotaped but she doesn't think they did very well! I think it's pretty cool that they are doing this - if anything comes of it, I'll let you know! :thumbsup:

offwego
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Note to self: must ditch my large lens sunglasses, definitely don't want Ian thinking I'm a twit.
Yeah me too..and mine are from Disney no less. I'm not ready to be too old yet. (mind you I have of course moved on from mini skirts and midriff tops but thought I could still pull the sunglasses thing off) Your not getting rid of my heels though!

Anybody got a twinset I can have?

I was really annoyed with Jen & Nate as well and the previews don't look any better. Oh well!

MNNHFLTX
12-10-2007, 08:46 AM
I was a little sad to see Azaria and Hendekea (I just realized I had been mispelling her name) go, but was happy to see Kynt and Vyxsin finally come in first. They work well together--although the previews for next week's leg makes it look like they have a melt-down.

As far as Nathan and Jen, it is hard to understand how they are able to compete as a team each week with all the hostility they have towards one another. One thing is for sure, IMO--there is no way they continued their relationship after the race. They seem to be barely able to look at each other right now. I sound like a broken record, but I really do hope they go home next week. If I have to hear her whine about how "pathetic" and "unfair" a situation is one more time, I think I'll :ack:

offwego
12-10-2007, 09:18 AM
As far as Nathan and Jen, it is hard to understand how they are able to compete as a team each week with all the hostility they have towards one another. One thing is for sure, IMO--there is no way they continued their relationship after the race. They seem to be barely able to look at each other right now. I sound like a broken record, but I really do hope they go home next week. If I have to hear her whine about how "pathetic" and "unfair" a situation is one more time, I think I'll :ack:
Did anyone else find it odd that Jen seemed more vocal (in a :mad: way) then Nathan but complained about him more? I supose it could be editing but still. Something about this leg was just odd to me but perhaps it was because everyone seemed so tight together.

Shugoondola
12-10-2007, 09:42 AM
was happy to see Kynt and Vyxsin finally come in first. They work well together--although the previews for next week's leg makes it look like they have a melt-down.

K&V came in second. Ron & Christina came in first.

:grinch:

MNNHFLTX
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
K&V came in second. Ron & Christina came in first.

:grinch:Oops, that right--and they won a catamaran. I'm getting my teams mixed up this morning. :blush:

2Epcot
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I was happy to see Ron & Christina come in first, and sad to see Azaria and Hendekea leave the race.

I immediately caught the fact that Jennifer and Nathan were not using a regular taxi, and knew they would have to go back. Lucky for them, they were far enough ahead it didn't really hurt them.

Tick-Tock
12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I was so excited that they were in Dubrovnik because we were there earlier this year. It was really neat to be able to evaluate the challenges, having seen the area (as to the zip line from tower to tower, my husband said, "hey, why didn't I get to do that?" Umm, maybe because it wasn't there-it was just set up for the show?). We actually have a picture of ourselves on the very spot where the mat was.

c&d
12-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I finally got to watch Sunday's show and I was sad to see Azaria and Hendekea go. I enjoyed watching them.

After the show DH and I were talking and we can't remember any non-elimination rounds this year. Have there been any and we just can't remember? We were convinced that this would be a non elimination round.

NotaGeek
12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I finally got to watch Sunday's show and I was sad to see Azaria and Hendekea go. I enjoyed watching them.

After the show DH and I were talking and we can't remember any non-elimination rounds this year. Have there been any and we just can't remember? We were convinced that this would be a non elimination round.

They did away with non-elimination rounds this year... so someone should get cut every week! WHY does Phil keep saying "the last team to arrive MIGHT be eliminated?" ... :confused:

NJDad
12-15-2007, 06:19 AM
He's been saying 'may be eliminated' for a while now.

Maybe they have upcoming episodes where they get to the mat and he says 'keep racing' like they've done in previous series.

pixiesmimi
12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
They did away with non-elimination rounds this year... so someone should get cut every week! WHY does Phil keep saying "the last team to arrive MIGHT be eliminated?" ... :confused:

I think it is because the contestants don't know this and some people watching may not know it. It keeps the suspense up.

MNNHFLTX
12-20-2007, 10:17 AM
I was out of town and didn't get the chance to watch the show on Sunday (December 16th). I can't find any updated information on the website, so I was wondering--did a new show even air?

TheDuckRocks
12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I was out of town and didn't get the chance to watch the show on Sunday (December 16th). I can't find any updated information on the website, so I was wondering--did a new show even air?

No, they were showing the Survior finale. So you haven't missed anything.

pixiesmimi
12-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Okay, I'm not going to post any spoilers right now, but WHOA! Surprise, Surprise! Something that was posted before is obviously not true and now we have the answer to some of our recent questions! :jaw:

NotaGeek
12-23-2007, 10:55 PM
WHAT?

Weird. Now I KNOW I didn't make up that no non-elimination round stuff.

I am normally an Amazing Race junkie, but this season is really losing me.

NJDad
12-24-2007, 05:50 AM
WHAT?

I am normally an Amazing Race junkie, but this season is really losing me.

My wife is more of a TAR person than me, and she says that in the first episode they said there will be 2 non-elimination legs.

From Entertainment Weekly:

Early in this season, some readers posted on the message boards — with absolute certainty — that there would be no non-elimination rounds on this installment of The Amazing Race. They wrote it so often that I started to believe it, not bothering to make the easy phone call to CBS to verify it. Well, this week was a non-elimination round (though Phil said there would be only two, as opposed to the usual three), and I have learned an important lesson: Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Meghan
12-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Well I'm happy about what happened. My 2 favorite teams were in the 2 last place's and I really didn't want to see either of them go. IMO, a non elimination round couldn't have come at a better time.

Ian
12-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Actually, I'm sort of liking this season for one main reason ... I pretty much like all the teams that are left. At this point, outside of Nathan and Jen, I'd be happy with anyone that won.

Although TK and Rachel are my faves. No matter how bad things get they never really seem to bicker.

bleukarma
12-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Actually, I'm sort of liking this season for one main reason ... I pretty much like all the teams that are left. At this point, outside of Nathan and Jen, I'd be happy with anyone that won.

Although TK and Rachel are my faves. No matter how bad things get they never really seem to bicker.

Ditto! I didn't want Kynt and Vyxin or TK and Rachael to go, so I'm happy about the non-elimination round. I heard Phil say in the first episode that there will be elimination rounds. Poor TK and Rachael and Kynt and Vxyn had a horrible leg of the race this week!!!!

What does everyone think of Grandpa's new tattoo?! I'm glad they came in first after that!

Kynt and Vyxin had a melt-down, but it wasn't anywhere near what Jennifer and Nate have. I don't like how Kynt kept telling her "Just shut up", but I can understand the stressful position they were in.

Looks like Christina's dad is back to being mean again. :(

MNNHFLTX
12-27-2007, 04:56 PM
WHAT?

I am normally an Amazing Race junkie, but this season is really losing me.Michael, doing away with the non-elimination rounds was not just a rumor; I had heard about it too. According to this article from last summer (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-amazing-race-12-run-shorter-drop-non-elimination-pit-stops-5562.php) and this more recent one from November (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-amazing-race-producer-upcoming-twelfth-edition-is-nail-biter-6023.php), it sounds like the producers just ended up changing their minds. Personally I don't recall Phil ever saying that there would be two non-elimination rounds until this past episode, although it could have been announced sooner and I just didn't catch it.

Don't get me wrong--I am glad that Kynt and Vyxsin will be around for the next leg. I just feel a little confused by it all, just as you do.

NJDad
12-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Well, one of the articles linked to above does say that the words "may be eliminated" have been part of the show for years, which some apparently hadn't noticed until recently.

Reality show producers have been known to misrepresent their content before to surprise us-it certainly worked here.

Mousefever
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
ARRRGH! I'm so mad that Kynt and Vyxen didn't play the U-turn on Nate and Jen!!! I'm so sick of her whining!

The only ones left that I really like are TK and Rachel.

Amy

NotaGeek
12-30-2007, 11:33 PM
I can't believe that The Goth Kids didn't U-Turn Nate and Jen, I mean they KNEW they were right on their heels! Completely bad play ... unfortunately their bad decision cost them $1 million.

2Epcot
12-31-2007, 01:43 AM
I was out of town all last week and missed last Sunday's show. So about 10 minutes before tonight's show I was trying to find my remote for my DVR to save last week's program before it got erased by the new show .... I found it about 2 minutes after the show started. So I lost last week's Race, but was able to watch tonight.

I was a little surprised by the non-elimination, but it had sounded like it was being kept open through the show. I wasn't sad to see Kynt and Vyxen go .... they were probably my least favorites of the ones left, next to Jennifer and Nate who also are annoying.

ChipnDaleGal
12-31-2007, 05:25 AM
I can't believe that The Goth Kids didn't U-Turn Nate and Jen, I mean they KNEW they were right on their heels! Completely bad play ... unfortunately their bad decision cost them $1 million.

I was screaming at the TV last night...Nate and Jen, Nate and Jen!!! I hate seeing my favorite team out, but they did it to themselves. I think they had fun and enjoyed the experience.

I think I am rooting for TK and Rachel. I wish Christina could win without her dad. I hope he feels bad watching the episodes now and sees how he treated her.

dolphinmickey9170
12-31-2007, 06:46 AM
I was screaming at the TV last night...Nate and Jen, Nate and Jen!!! I hate seeing my favorite team out, but they did it to themselves. I think they had fun and enjoyed the experience.

I think I am rooting for TK and Rachel. I wish Christina could win without her dad. I hope he feels bad watching the episodes now and sees how he treated her.

Donna, we were both screaming at the TV. I can't stand that whinning little baby Jenn. I also agree with you about Christina. Her dad made me so mad when he yells at her. I just want to slap him and say wake up.

bleukarma
12-31-2007, 08:06 AM
I accidentally deleted TAR from tivo and when I put it back I forgot to set it to record late, so because of a long football game I only got to see 20 minutes of last nights episode. :( I read over the recap on cbs.com and I’m sad that Kynt and Vixyn are gone, I liked them. I’m happy with the order of the teams of the pitstop, I just wish that Kynt and Vixyn was team #4 instead of Jennifer and Nate. What a horrible team they are! My tivo stopped at the part where she was whining because she couldn’t find the clue in the paper in India fast enough, except she kept moving because of things that were annoying her. Argh!!! Some people just don’t have a clue!

MNNHFLTX
12-31-2007, 11:46 AM
When Kynt and Vyxsin got to the U-turn before Nate and Jen I was soooooo happy, thinking that we would finally get rid of that whiny pair!!! When they put up Don and Nicholas' picture instead, I was totally dumbfounded. It was just a terrible error in strategy, IMO--even if they didn't know for sure that Nate and Jen were behind them, it certainly seemed more likely than the grandfather/grandson duo.

I am pulling for TK and Rachel too, although at this point I would want anyone to win except Nate and Jen. And I'm with you Donna--I really like Christine. I think she and her father have gotten as far as they have in spite of his actions, not because of them, so I think she deserves a chance at winning, but not him.

TheDuckRocks
12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm really going to miss Kynt and Vyxen, I couldn't see pass their appearance at first and didn't think I would like them.
Once again it is a lesson I have to keep relearning at times - you should NOT prejudge people by the way they physically present themselves.
It was fun getting to "know" the Goths, thank you for showing us your warm hearts.
We have gotten to see the reverse with a few of the other contestants.:shake:

tinkwest
12-31-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't usually work on Sundays, but did yesterday and didn't think to tape the show. :cry:

I just read the recap on cbs.com and it sounds like I missed another episode of "Hear Jen Whine". I am glad I didn't have to watch Christine's father cut her down again. That makes my blood boil.

I will miss the Goths and their appreciation of all the places they visit.

Momof2boys
12-31-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll be rooting for TK & Rachel and Nate & Jen. DH can't stand Nate & Jen but I like them. No relationship is perfect and who knows how I'd be racing around the world.

NJDad
01-01-2008, 06:28 AM
because of a long football game I only got to see 20 minutes of last nights episode. :(

This Sunday, January 6th, 2008, CBS has a 4:30 NFL playoff game, to be followed by 60 minutes of 60 minutes at 7:30.

This week's Amazing Race is scheduled to begin at 8:30 ET.

The NFL game will most likely go long. Probably quite a bit long.

Set your DVRs and VCRs for extra time this week, lots of extra time, and remember it starts at 8:30 if the NFL game is somehow on for only 3 hours, but most likely later than that!!!

You all have been warned! ;)

BriarRose0708
01-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I guess I'm rooting for Team TK and Rachel now that the Goths have been eliminated. I'm really indifferent to all the teams who are left. I feel bad for Nate and Jen because I am sure they are very nice people but the Race just brings out the worst in them.

c&d
01-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I guess I'm rooting for Team TK and Rachel now that the Goths have been eliminated. I'm really indifferent to all the teams who are left.

:ditto: I was sad to see the Goths go so I'll also be rooting for TK and Rachel. I really liked them from the time the left LA and his comment "Oh my Goth."

KarenP
01-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I was hoping it would be Nate and Jenn to go. That mouth of hers really gets to me! Ronald also grates on my last nerve. Does he ever shut up??

I am rooting for TK and Rachel. I also like Nicolas and Donald.

NJDad
01-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Don't forget to adjust your watching/taping/DVRing/TIVOing schedule tonight-supposed to start half hour later, and maybe more thanks to NFL playoffs...

Ian
01-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I am rooting for TK and Rachel. I also like Nicolas and Donald.:ditto:

dolphinmickey9170
01-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP
I am rooting for TK and Rachel. I also like Nicolas and Donald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian

:exactly:

They have played the cleanest game!!

dolphinmickey9170
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
OMG, thank goodness it was a non elimination round. That saved TK and Rachel. But for being three hours behind, that speed bump just might take them out. Let's hope whiney hiney and her sulking boy toy screw up major and get eliminated?!:thedolls:

princessjojo
01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
OMG, thank goodness it was a non elimination round. That saved TK and Rachel. But for being three hours behind, that speed bump just might take them out. Let's hope whiney hiney and her sulking boy toy screw up major and get eliminated?!:thedolls:
UGHHH, I so agree! Jen just makes me so sick :ack: ! Nothing Nate does is ever good enough, not that he does a lot, but he is more pleasant to listen to than her. She is just so unhappy and miserable all the time. One thing's for sure, my half of the million dollar prize isn't enough to listen to her moan and groan the whole time about how everyone else is so beneath her.:faint:

NotaGeek
01-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Thank you to CBS and to Cox Cable for ONCE AGAIN causing my recorder to start at 7:30, so I got to watch 24 minutes of the show. I should have known something was suspect when the guide showed that TAR started at 7:30pm. :angry:

How did TK and Rachel get so far behind? I have no doubt they will all be caught up ... this next segment will surely have them all waiting for a plane, train, ferry or park to open at 5am ... ;)

pixiesmimi
01-06-2008, 11:11 PM
OMGosh! I would not have been the one to do that taxi driving! Especially since nothing was in English. It is so scary to drive over there any way. We were in Korea for three years and I was petrified to drive over there and ended up most of the time taking a taxi or train or letting someone else drive. They are crazy! But at least most of the signs there were in English and Korean. That had to be so scary for the ones that didn't drive much anyway.:scared:

Carol
01-07-2008, 08:46 AM
How did TK and Rachel get so far behind? I have no doubt they will all be caught up ... this next segment will surely have them all waiting for a plane, train, ferry or park to open at 5am ... ;)The first leg was a flight. TK & Rachel left first - but had more stops/lay-overs than the rest of them. They were so far ahead they never saw any other team to compare flights. Their flight left 2 hours before everyone else.

It was anti-climatic for me. There is always a non-elimination in the first round of 4 teams. It was nice to know exactly how far behind they were when they checked in. They seem to group up again - looking at the previews.

I'd like to see TK and Rachel win -- with Grandpa as my next choice. The man is 70 and has done great!!

Momof2boys
01-07-2008, 09:14 AM
As soon as we saw TK & Rachel doing the challenges we knew it'd be non-elim. I caught it right away when they were talking to the travel agent and they said it was the earliest leaving - which doesn't necessarily means the earliest arrival.

I was really rooting for Nate & Jen to finally come in first - I know they are not fan favorites but I just relate to something about them.

MNNHFLTX
01-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I kind of figured it was going to be a non-elimination round too, but still it was a shame how TK and Rachel ended the race--it was almost like they were an after-thought. It was good to see Nicholas carrying his grandfather's backpack to help him out, as he looked pretty worn out during this leg. And it was doubly good to see Ron not go on one of his rants, if you don't count the mini-rant at the taxi-driver at the airport. At least it wasn't directed at Christine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--at this point I want any team but Nate and Jen to win. My only moment of satisfaction last night was when they failed to come in first yet again. She is whiny, he did push her into the taxi, they are just nasty to each other.

c&d
01-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm glad it was a non elimination round and I was really happy Nate and Jen did not come in first. They just really annoy me with the "we have to come in first, we're better then everyone" attitude.

I only hope the speed bump is really quick so TK and Rachel don't get eliminated.

2Epcot
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
OMGosh! I would not have been the one to do that taxi driving! Especially since nothing was in English. :scared:

I agree, the taxi driving seemed like a tough challenge. The times I've been in China, I wouldn't be so thrilled to be driving there either.Though there seemed to be a lot more signs in English in China.

It was good to see Nicholas carrying his grandfather's backpack to help him out, as he looked pretty worn out during this leg. And it was doubly good to see Ron not go on one of his rants, if you don't count the mini-rant at the taxi-driver at the airport. At least it wasn't directed at Christine.

I like how Nicholas and his grandfather are playing and helping each other. I would have liked to have seen TK and Rachel finish better. I'm happy that Ron and Christina came in first, and I'm glad he's been easier on her.

pixiesmimi
01-08-2008, 10:05 AM
You know it amazed me that in this day and age, there weren't more signs in English. Japan is much more advanced than Korea and China with more American businesses there. They must have just found a little area where there were strictly Japanese signs because, if you noticed, the Post Office sign on top of the building was in English. That tells me that this was rigged a little. Most of the countries over there have bilingual signs and usually the people speak both languages. I think this was done just for this challenge and that it was just showing the camera shots they wanted us to see. With all their twisting roads and one way streets, no way would I have found my way back. :) Especially Jen, I was surprised about her doing so well at it. She seems so scatterbrained.

Ian
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
OMG, thank goodness it was a non elimination round. That saved TK and Rachel. But for being three hours behind, that speed bump just might take them out.From the previews, it looks like they bunch up at the airport, so hopefully they'll only be behind by whatever the speed bump sets them back. As long as they're running a good race, that might be enough to keep them from finishing last.

I know it's not popular, but I don't dislike Nate and Jen as much as everyone else does. I think they're both just firey competitors ... I don't get that Jonathan and Victoria feel from them like some seem to. I think they're just amped up and running hot, so they tend to snap at each other sometimes. I don't sense any real nastiness or meanness in it like I did with Jonathan. I could be wrong, but I think they're good players and I won't be dissapointed if they win.

I mean really ... if you want nasty, it would be hard to find anyone with a nastier streak than Ron. He just beats on Christina endlessly ... he's a guy I have a hard time rooting for, even though I feel bad for her.

My faves, in order are:

1. TK and Rachel
2. Nicholas and Gramps
3. Nate and Jen
4. Ron and Christina

As a father to a daughter, I just can't imagine ever treating my DD the way he treats her. It's disgraceful.

TheDuckRocks
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
I would like to see Gramps and Christina win.........oh, wait a minute they're not on the same team. Phoney! The 2 of them really deserve to win this with the junk they have to put with from their partners.

bleukarma
01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm still rooting for TK and Rachael! I agree, from the previews it looks like they bunch up at the airport during the next leg. I was so glad it was a non-elimanation round! I was wondering why they made them go through with the challanges when it seemed like everyone else had already checked into the pit stop. Sometimes they just send them a message saying they have been eliminated. When they were walking up to the pit stop it finally dawned on me that it was probably a non-elim round. :blush:

Jen just needs to get over herself!

I also like how Nate helped out his grandpa. I think they are my second favorite, behind TK and Rachael. Those two teams seem to bicker the least and actually appreciate what they are going through.

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Nate and Jenn go home!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNNHFLTX
01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh happy day! It will be so much fun to watch next week and see three teams that I like go for the million dollars! :D

And Jen saying to Nate at the end that they had killed their relationship and focused only on the race. Uh--ya' think?

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh happy day! It will be so much fun to watch next week and see three teams that I like go for the million dollars! :D

And Jen saying to Nate at the end that they had killed their relationship and focused only on the race. Uh--ya' think?

I think they are done. Relationship speaking.

Shugoondola
01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Great ending!! :clappy:

NotaGeek
01-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Nathan: "Jen and I don't know anything about Taiwan, except that we like Thai Food." :wave:

I am really glad with the last final 3, and I was REALLY impressed with Christina and Ron ... last week it she was speaking Japanese, this week Fluent Chinese (reading AND speaking!). \

I am rooting for TK and Rachel, proof that if you work together you can be MUCH more successful in TAR ... haven't these people watched the last 12 seasons?

pixiesmimi
01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I was holding my breath at the end hoping they wouldn't make it before the others. She was just so unreal in what she would say to him. He told her to get into the taxi quickly and she said he shoved her.:shake: And the spectacle they were making of themselves arguing on the sidewalk after the subway. What the people must think of Americans after witnessing that! I'm happy about the three couples that made it. The Race is on now! :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Nathan: "Jen and I don't know anything about Taiwan, except that we like Thai Food." :wave:

I was going to say the same thing. :) It was so funny when they said they had some Thai friends and liked Thai food. How dumb!:rotfl:

ChipnDaleGal
01-14-2008, 05:22 AM
This is mean, but I thought it a deliciously ironic Birthday gift, to have Jen and her big mouth eliminated on her birthday. I would be okay with any of these teams to win. I am glad to see Ron making such an effort to ne kinder to Christina. I am sure he will be very glad he did that once he sees how awful he was there at times. I think she is my favorite player, always smiling, always calm and thinking. I would love to see TK and Rachel pull it out and win.

NJDad
01-14-2008, 05:46 AM
This is mean, but I thought it a deliciously ironic Birthday gift, to have Jen and her big mouth eliminated on her birthday. I would be okay with any of these teams to win. I am glad to see Ron making such an effort to ne kinder to Christina. I am sure he will be very glad he did that once he sees how awful he was there at times. I think she is my favorite player, always smiling, always calm and thinking. I would love to see TK and Rachel pull it out and win.

It was her birthday? ;)

Ian
01-14-2008, 06:42 AM
Yikes ... what a mess those two were last night. Not surprising they got eliminated after such a stunning display of ... err ... teamwork. ;)

I'm wondering what the deal was with Christina at the airport? Do you think they really had no seats left on that flight or do you think the airline employee actually took Christina's word and denied them boarding?

Either way, I thought that was kind of a shady move on her part. That's something I've seen others get ripped for doing, so it sort of suprises me to see people are okay with it.

Anyway ... still not a big Ron and Christina fan. TK and Rachel all the way for me! Although I'll be okay if Gramps wins!

bleukarma
01-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Yay! Jen and Nate are gone!! Hopefully she'll look back at her behavior while she's watching the show and realize that she needs to try to figure out a way to be a more positive person. She will never be 100% happy if she continues to have the attitude that she does. I like how Rachael pointed out that it's not like her and TK were doing anything personally against them by catching up. They are all in the race. Jen is just a sore loser.

Go TK and Rachael!!!!!!!!!!! But really, I'll be happy no matter who wins.

Ian
01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Yay! Jen and Nate are gone!! Hopefully she'll look back at her behavior while she's watching the show and realize that she needs to try to figure out a way to be a more positive person.You know, I'm not defending Jen or saying she's some kind of angel or anything, but I find it sort of odd that people single her out as the one responsible for their issues.

From where I'm sitting, I thought Nate was equally responsible. He was Mr. Passive Aggressive at best and Mr. Martyr at worst. Like last night ... he didn't want to take the subway and Jen did. So instead of standing up and explaining to her (in a positive way) why they should cab it instead, he just lets her have her own way. And as soon as things went bad he couldn't wait to throw it up in her face. I didn't blame her for getting mad at him.

Honestly, I don't get all the venom here against Jen at all. Yeah ... she had a bit of an entitlement attitude at times, but she was hardly the one solely responsible for their relationship issues. Nate was equally if not more responsible.

McGoofy
01-14-2008, 08:30 AM
This is my favorite show ever, and I just found this thread this morning!! I wish I had seen this thread back in early November! Oh well...better late than never!

:rotfl::funny::rotfl:

That cracked my husband and I up as well! That was the best line of the night. (Well, except for maybe when Phil told Nate and Jenn, "I'm sorry to tell you that you've both been eliminated from the race!")

Nate and Jenn go home!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your wish was granted. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENN!!:party: Was that sort of ironic on her birthday or what??? I was tired of hearing them argue as well as all of her whining and complaining.

I am definitely rooting for TK and Rachel.:cheer: They have played a good, clean, calm race. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

:pixie:for TK and Rachel!!

ChipnDaleGal
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
You know, I'm not defending Jen or saying she's some kind of angel or anything, but I find it sort of odd that people single her out as the one responsible for their issues.

From where I'm sitting, I thought Nate was equally responsible. He was Mr. Passive Aggressive at best and Mr. Martyr at worst. Like last night ... he didn't want to take the subway and Jen did. So instead of standing up and explaining to her (in a positive way) why they should cab it instead, he just lets her have her own way. And as soon as things went bad he couldn't wait to throw it up in her face. I didn't blame her for getting mad at him.

Honestly, I don't get all the venom here against Jen at all. Yeah ... she had a bit of an entitlement attitude at times, but she was hardly the one solely responsible for their relationship issues. Nate was equally if not more responsible.

You are right that they both contributed to the bickering and lack of team work, which was their ultimate downfall. The reason I disliked her more was because she was such a poor sport. Whining about people coming in ahead of her, and getting mad when people caught up, etc. She acted like a two year old throwing a tantrum. She came off as someone who is very used to getting her way in all situations and didn't like how she wasn't coming out on top. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

c&d
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm so glad that Jen and Nate are gone. DH and I figured they were goners from the beginning of the show when she said "It's my birthday."

In order of favorites:
TK and Rachel
Nick and Don
Ron and Christina

I must say that Ron and Christina have been doing much better lately. Or as DH said, "they are hitting their stride."

Should be an interesting final next week.

MNNHFLTX
01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
This is mean, but I thought it a deliciously ironic Birthday gift, to have Jen and her big mouth eliminated on her birthday.Well then, if that's being mean, than I am guilty too. When she and Nate started snipping at each other after getting off the subway, I knew it was just a matter of time before she made that statement--"I can't believe how mean you're being to me on my birthday."

I'm wondering what the deal was with Christina at the airport? Do you think they really had no seats left on that flight or do you think the airline employee actually took Christina's word and denied them boarding?

Either way, I thought that was kind of a shady move on her part. That's something I've seen others get ripped for doing, so it sort of suprises me to see people are okay with it.I was surprised to hear her say that too, but when I thought about it, it's all a part of playing the game and most teams have done it at one point or another. Anyway, I don't think she actually had anything to do with it, because didn't the agents also tell the other teams (aside from Nate and Jen) that there were no more seats? I doubt they would allow any seats to remain empty with so many people willing to pay for them.

You know, I'm not defending Jen or saying she's some kind of angel or anything, but I find it sort of odd that people single her out as the one responsible for their issues.Oh, I absolutely feel that both Nate and Jen were responsible. They showed a true lack of care and concern for each other; in fact, they were quite hateful. Maybe it's good they found out now how they would treat each other under duress, before their relationship went any further.

bleukarma
01-14-2008, 10:09 AM
You know, I'm not defending Jen or saying she's some kind of angel or anything, but I find it sort of odd that people single her out as the one responsible for their issues.

I don’t think Nate is innocent by any means, it just seems like Jen was always complaining and always bickering about something. Nate had his fair share but for the most part it all stemmed from her. I think if she wasn’t there saying “I just want to cut off TK’s dreads” then Nate wouldn’t say “yeah!!!” and go along with Jen’s negativity. It seems like the only time Jen was happy was when something bad was happening to another team. I realize it’s a race and it’s good to have something bad happen to your competitors, but she got personal and it seems like Nate was just following right along with her negativity. As far as their relationship goes of course there was more that Nate could’ve done, but I don’t think Jen would’ve been happy with any of it. I dislike Jen for the same reason everybody dislikes Ron, she has hatred all the way down to her bones. Ron has his daughter there to put him in check, but Nate didn’t do that with Jen. He would just argue right back with Jen which didn’t help the situation at all. So yeah, they are both to blame, I just think that most of it stemmed from Jen’s negativity.

Ian
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
It seems like the only time Jen was happy was when something bad was happening to another team. I realize it’s a race and it’s good to have something bad happen to your competitors, but she got personal and it seems like Nate was just following right along with her negativity.Okay, but Jen just wished for something bad to happen to her competitors. Christina actually went out of her way to try and cause something bad to happen to her competitors. Why don't people have an issue with that?

Personally, I just think Jen is a heated competitor. She doesn't like to lose. Is she always upbeat and positive? No. Does she handle stress and adversity well? No.

But I still don't get all the venom for her. It's not like she was actively evil towards the people she ran the race with or cheated or anything (something plenty of others have done). She was just nasty (at times) to Nathan and I guess my thing is ... I think most of the time he deserved it.

Anyway ... no more defending Jen, I promise. I mean mostly I agree she was whiny and annoying ... I just can't manage to muster up the same kind of hatred for her that others seem to be able to.

NotaGeek
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Okay, but Jen just wished for something bad to happen to her competitors. Christina actually went out of her way to try and cause something bad to happen to her competitors. Why don't people have an issue with that?

Personally, I just think Jen is a heated competitor. She doesn't like to lose. Is she always upbeat and positive? No. Does she handle stress and adversity well? No.

But I still don't get all the venom for her. It's not like she was actively evil towards the people she ran the race with or cheated or anything (something plenty of others have done). She was just nasty (at times) to Nathan and I guess my thing is ... I think most of the time he deserved it.

Anyway ... no more defending Jen, I promise. I mean mostly I agree she was whiny and annoying ... I just can't manage to muster up the same kind of hatred for her that others seem to be able to.

So maybe you just think she's cute? :D

Jen definitely seems to be the type of woman that has gotten by on that the fact that people think she is cute before ... from the first episode she whined, complained and yelled. She and Nate treated each other with contempt and Jen in particularly seemed to be a really bad TEAM MATE, much less girlfriend. Maybe it was all editing and Jen was a wonderful, sweet, cute person and we are all judging her harshly, and it really was unfair that Nate made her fight on her birthday. MADE her fight ... oh yeah, and it WAS her idea to take the subway. It was on tape, and i have a feeling that was their ultimate demise.

Christina did tell the airline agent to keep them off the flight, maybe that's the reason, maybe not, but I would have done the same thing. I never understand why anyone WOULDN'T do anything in their power to win $1,000,000.00. I mean, it seemed to me that Christina had a rapport with the airline agent, as she has with SO many people on the race, so if that worked in her advantage, so be it.

Being nice to locals usually helps out, being nice to Airline personnel is a MUST.

offwego
01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
I didn't get the feeling that there were a lot of seats on that flight..or that Christina saying it made a difference. (or at least I don't think so personaly)

I will say it's hard to feel bad for someone who comes off that negative (and it's a lot easier to over look it in someone who's making such an effort with locals/airlines and languages).

No one ever looks good on these things for the whole thing do they?

Momof2boys
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I knew it was too good to be true - I was hoping Jen & Nate would finally come in #1 when it counted - at the finale :(

I don't think this season has been as physical as prior ones. And that Christina has been able to communicate with so many people in their language has given them a huge advantage. Plus it just doesn't feel like they've travelled as far & wide as other seasons.

And the so-called 'Speed Bump' that TK & Rachel had to do was really lame - too close and too fast to be of any significance. I guess I'll have to root for them as I don't want the other Ron & Chris or Don & Nick to win.

Ian
01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
oh yeah, and it WAS her idea to take the subway. It was on tape, and i have a feeling that was their ultimate demise.I agree 100%. It was definitely her idea, but I have a major problem with people who refuse to make decisions on their own (*cough* NATHAN *cough*), but then revel in throwing it up in other people's faces when their decisions turn out to be bad ones.

When you're on a team and it's decision time you have two choices ... go along or step up and make your own decision. Nathan wanted the best of both worlds ... if Jen's decisions turned out to be right then he benefitted. If she was wrong, then he could lay all the blame on her.

I think he was just as bad a teammate as she was, that's all I'm saying.

And maybe I am defending her a little because she's cute, but that could also be the same reason so many people are quick to skewer her. It goes both ways.

bleukarma
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Okay, but Jen just wished for something bad to happen to her competitors. Christina actually went out of her way to try and cause something bad to happen to her competitors. Why don't people have an issue with that?

True. I didn't care for what Christina did, and I didn't mention it in my original post. It was very un-Christina like. Had Christina pulled those type of stunts the entire time then I doubt I would like her, in fact I probably would've like Jen over Christina because I would much rather see someone take the $$ that just complained the entire time over someone that played dirty the entire time.

I have noticed that it seems like it's been less challanging this season. In the past they would have to climb mountains and jump off buildings. These road blocks and detours seem to be less hard-core.

MNNHFLTX
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
And that Christina has been able to communicate with so many people in their language has given them a huge advantage. Plus it just doesn't feel like they've travelled as far & wide as other seasons. I agree that Christina's language skills helped them advance, particularily this episode. Very cool to watch! As far as their travels, it actually seemed pretty impressive to me--Ireland, the Netherlands, West Africa, Lithunia, Croatia, Italy, India, Japan and Taiwan. But I'm still relatively new to watching TAR (this is my third season), so maybe in past seasons teams traveled even more extensively.

MNNHFLTX
01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
And maybe I am defending her a little because she's cute, but that could also be the same reason so many people are quick to skewer her. It goes both ways.I can't speak for anyone else, but that's not true for me at all. When the race started I had no opinion one way or the other. But in the first episode, when she was screaming at that donkey, that's when I started thinking that how she is on the inside was not very pretty, never mind how she is on the outside.

Anyway, I've chatted about this episode enough, I guess. I was just really happy to see Nate and Jen gone.

Ian
01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I have noticed that it seems like it's been less challanging this season. In the past they would have to climb mountains and jump off buildings. These road blocks and detours seem to be less hard-core.I agree ... I mean last night's was just stupid. All they had to do was sit there!!? How challenging is that??

And anyway ... my last word's on Nate and Jen ... I'm happy that they're gone, too. Of the four teams that were left, I would have been okay to see either Ron or Christina or Nate and Jen go.

And as long as Ron and Christina don't win, I'll be okay with the outcome. I don't care if Ron has "grown" or he's getting praise for how much he's improved ... treating your daughter with respect and dignity is something you should do all the time. You shouldn't have to learn it. :shake:

NotaGeek
01-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but that's not true for me at all. When the race started I had no opinion one way or the other. But in the first episode, when she was screaming at that donkey, that's when I started thinking that how she is on the inside was not very pretty, never mind how she is on the outside.

Anyway, I've chatted about this episode enough, I guess. I was just really happy to see Nate and Jen gone.

OMG the donkey incident! I totally forgot that I really started disliking her because of that darn donkey incident.

Coincedentally, I think that Nathan is HOT, but I don't like him or excuse his attitude because of it. I think Jen's attitude is inexcusable, regardless of her looks. :sick:

2Epcot
01-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I am really glad with the last final 3, and I was REALLY impressed with Christina and Ron ... last week it she was speaking Japanese, this week Fluent Chinese (reading AND speaking!)

I'm also happy with the final 3. While I was ready to see Jen and Nate go, watching this last episode I did feel Jen made the show interesting. I also noticed Christina's language skills ... that has certainly helped them. The previews for the finale look pretty good.

pixiesmimi
01-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I have been impressed all through the show with Christina and Ron's language skills. She seemed to be able to speak the language no matter where they went. He spoke most of them but she more than he. This helped them tremendously these last two legs of the race and I think that is how they got so far ahead. I commend her for being that prepared. I think he is just old school and that is the way some men are in their culture. Don't you know it was fun growing up in her family. :) She has finally taught him what it is to be a "kinder and gentler man". :)

What got me about Jen and Nate was the way they would just tear each other down ruthlessly and say how much they hated the other and the next minute act like nothing happened and they were happy with each other. She was so vindictive towards anyone that got ahead of them. I blame them both but her constant whining got on my nerves.

I'm not sure I could have made it all the way through one of these races and really commend Gramps for doing as well as he had at his age. I think if they lose it, it will be because he can't run and keep up with the rest at the end.

Have you noticed on some of the new commercials people from past "Races" and other reality shows and even from Dr. Phil's show? Looks like even if they don't win, some come out with careers in TV anyway. I saw the girl that has an artificial leg the other day on a commercial. I think she was in the "Race" last year.

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm also happy with the final 3. While I was ready to see Jen and Nate go, watching this last episode I did feel Jen made the show interesting. I also noticed Christina's language skills ... that has certainly helped them. The previews for the finale look pretty good.

Me too...I'm glad for the final 3....

KarenP
01-20-2008, 05:28 PM
My problem with Jen was not how competitive she was or the things she said but the fact that she was always screaming. I couldn't stand to listen to her any more.

As long as Christina and her dad don't win I will be happy. I like TK and Rachel and Nick and Don.

pixiesmimi
01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, I was pulling for Christina and her Dad but I'm happy about T.K. and Rachel. :) I don't think we could have gone wrong with any of those three couples. It was exciting to see the race for the finish and hoping.

So, when does the next one start.:D

Mousefever
01-20-2008, 10:26 PM
:cheer: Hurray! :cloud9: I'm very happy for TK and Rachel! I always end up cheering for teams who treat each other nicely. It was a close race tonight, which makes it more fun to watch. I'm very satisfied with the outcome.

Amy

NotaGeek
01-21-2008, 12:42 AM
:clappy:

I like how TK said that he was proud that he and Rachel never compromised the integrity of their relationship during the race, and it brought the closer to be able to work together. It seems this was the closest pack to the finish in a few seasons!

dw2649
01-21-2008, 02:50 AM
To tell you the truth I actually wanted Nick and Don to win. I am so sad that they did not.

ChipnDaleGal
01-21-2008, 07:30 AM
It is really nice to see a "nice" team finish first and still liking each other. Bodes well for their relationship that they could stand up to all that stress. Hopefully the money won't throw them off either. What a big mush I was watching Christine and her dad talk about each other at the end. That seemed very genuine. All three teams finished classy.

Ian
01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
I was VERY happy with the outcome ... I was pulling for TK and Rachel for the last half of the race and I'm just thrilled that they pulled it off.

You know it's interesting how much TK and Rachel reminded me of the hippies from a season or two ago. I don't think it's any coincidence that teams that seem to keep the peace well and get along without arguing have a strong tendancy to finish well at TAR.

And on a side note, boy was I jealous of that Alaska segment!! I would have killed just for that boat ride alone!

BriarRose0708
01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I was VERY happy with the outcome ... I was pulling for TK and Rachel for the last half of the race and I'm just thrilled that they pulled it off.

You know it's interesting how much TK and Rachel reminded me of the hippies from a season or two ago. I don't think it's any coincidence that teams that seem to keep the peace well and get along without arguing have a strong tendancy to finish well at TAR.
I agree!

I really loved the game this season, and I am very happy for TK and Rachel. I wonder if they'll to the talk show circut now that the finale has aired. It would be fun to see them on Leno or Conan.

My sister and I have talked about what it would be like to go on the Race, since she has traveled extensively through Europe and I have experience in Latin America, and we have a close relationship. But, we're stubborn Italians and would probably kill each other and argue through the whole first leg. We'd look like Nate and Jen. And we're not that exciting, which doesn't make good tv. So we're content just watching!

KarenP
01-21-2008, 12:21 PM
:woohoo:Finally a team I like won!! :woohoo:

MNNHFLTX
01-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I like how TK said that he was proud that he and Rachel never compromised the integrity of their relationship during the race, and it brought the closer to be able to work together.Oh, it would have been priceless for them to cut to a picture of Nathan and Jennifer when he was saying that! I agree that winning the race (and the million dollars) couldn't have happened to a nicer couple. And it was very touching what they all said about each other, although I winced a bit when Ronald said that he was saying "I love you" to Christine and finally meaning it (or something like that). I really don't think he's a bad guy at all, just not used to expressing the "softer" side of himself. What was so nice was that all the teams that played out this final leg were all so encouraging to each other and genuinely seemed to be having fun.

2Epcot
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I am also happy that TK and Rachel won. I was a little disappointed I found out before I watched the show. Since they are from Orange County, I ended up having to put together a clip of the show at work, so I found out that way. I will still go home and watch the episode later today.

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I am also happy that TK and Rachel won. I was a little disappointed I found out before I watched the show. Since they are from Orange County, I ended up having to put together a clip of the show at work, so I found out that way. I will still go home and watch the episode later today.

that sort of stinks to know before hand, but it was a good ending to a good season!

Meghan
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah!!! I was really excited about the outcome. All 3 teams were nice and deserving, but TK and Rachel were my favorites all season (ok, they were tied with the goths, but still!) so I was hopefull that they'd succeed. Rachel did a really great job at the road block! And it really is good to see a nice team win.

Ian
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
... I winced a bit when Ronald said that he was saying "I love you" to Christine and finally meaning it (or something like that). I really don't think he's a bad guy at all, just not used to expressing the "softer" side of himself ... Funny, that pretty much cemented my opinion that the guy's a jerk. How insensitive and stupid do you have to be to say something like on national television, for heaven's sake??

I thought he was a total tool and I'm really glad he didn't win. I'm just feel very bad for Christine that she's had to grow up with such miserable excuse for a father.

I just didn't fall for all that, "Oh, I'm a changed man" garbage ...

MNNHFLTX
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
But are you happy TK and Rachel won, Ian? ;)

ChipnDaleGal
01-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Funny, that pretty much cemented my opinion that the guy's a jerk. How insensitive and stupid do you have to be to say something like on national television, for heaven's sake??

I thought he was a total tool and I'm really glad he didn't win. I'm just feel very bad for Christine that she's had to grow up with such miserable excuse for a father.

I just didn't fall for all that, "Oh, I'm a changed man" garbage ...

I didn't take it like that at all for how he meant that. I think he saw her for the wonderful person that she is and he sees her as more than just his daughter. And I am guessing that he was a more reserved parent, and not demonstrative in his affections. Some people say I love with you by actions, like providing the things you need for survival, etc.

I know we only get to see a small window into their relationships, and that window is manipulated by the producers of the show. But if you looked in her face and her eyes, I believe that she was seeing her dad as a changed man. She was very happy and very emotional, and he was too. I thought it was beautiful.

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
:woohoo:Finally a team I like won!! :woohoo:

I know what you mean this might be the first time I was routing for the winning team. I would have been happy for any of the final three. I was originally routing for Kynt and Vyxen, but I liked both the alt. couples.

bleukarma
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Yay!!! I'm very happy with the outcome!

I was afraid that Gramps was going to give Nick a hard time from not getting the bags for most of the leg. He sure did come down hard on him!

It seems like a hard challange that Rachael won at. I think that was a "make it or break it" deal. I was practically jumping up and down and when I saw that Rachael figured it out first!

MNNHFLTX
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I didn't take it like that at all for how he meant that. I think he saw her for the wonderful person that she is and he sees her as more than just his daughter. And I am guessing that he was a more reserved parent, and not demonstrative in his affections. Some people say I love with you by actions, like providing the things you need for survival, etc.

I know we only get to see a small window into their relationships, and that window is manipulated by the producers of the show. But if you looked in her face and her eyes, I believe that she was seeing her dad as a changed man. She was very happy and very emotional, and he was too. I thought it was beautiful.That's the way I saw it too, Donna. They both looked so happy with each other at the end of the race. And I do think he was trying to change, as evidenced by the way he treated her after the last challenge. She was upset and apologizing for not solving it sooner and he said "Don't be sorry. You did good." That was a lot different than the way he might have handled it in the first half of the race.

Ian
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
But are you happy TK and Rachel won, Ian? ;)Yes, ma'am!

MNNHFLTX
01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes, ma'am!Sorry to make you repeat yourself--I missed your earlier post. :blush: