PDA

View Full Version : How does the Fantasmic dining package work?

deebee29
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
How is this booked? Where can you eat (and which is the best place?) and is it part of the credits for the DDP? Thanks!

pixiesmimi
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
When you make your ADRs for MGM, whichever restaurant you choose, tell the CM that you want the Fantasmic package. They will give you a reservation for a time when you will be able to eat in time for the show. Brown Derby is a two credit TS and I'm not sure if it qualifies for the package. We wanted that one the last time but when we found out that it was 2 TS, we changed to H&V. Anyway, your server should ask if you are on the package and give you a paper that has the instructions for Fastasmic. It will tell you what time to be at the gate at the front of the park. You will walk down through the back lots to get to a special section just for Fantasmic package holders. You need to be at the gate about an hour early. If there are two shows that night, I believe the package is only for the first show.

We enjoy H&V but others have enjoyed Moma Melrose's and other places. You might want to check out the threads on the different restaurants and see what others think about the other restaurants. This is the only one we have eaten at except the Diner at MGM and I didn't really care for the Diner but DD and DH both liked it. It was too noisy for me.

Jared
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
The above response is pretty accurate. Just tell the Cast Member when you book your reservations you want the Fantasmic! Dining Package.

On the Disney Dining Plan, Hollywood Brown Derby costs two table service credits, and the other restaurants require one.

During the meal, your server will present the table with a special voucher for Fantasmic!. If there are two shows, you must attend the earlier one.

With the voucher, you will enter from a special entrance near the park gates. The seats are in the last section on the stage left side of the theater.

All the restaurant choices are decent, and Hollywood Brown Derby is pretty exceptional. If you're willing to spend two credits, you will not be disappointed. Hollywood & Vine is a standard buffet with decent fare. Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano always receives mixed reviews, but my family had two good experiences there.

Enjoy!

:tasty: