PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Giving Thanks for Inquisitive Friends

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Dsnygirl
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, Ok then, Possum Jerky it is.
We have a case-lot special on gravy-flavor Peeps.

:sick: so much for enjoying reading this thread while I eat....

I thought you'd say Aero bars!!!
Oooohhh... okay... they're my second favorite...

Deer makes wonderful jerky..you want me to ask my DD if she has any? We might have to pry it off the hood of her car!!
Okay... first possum jerky and gravy peeps... you people definitely need to recharge your taste buds....

Everyone can relax, Nurse Nancy has her coffee and has rejoined the human race :alien: I thought the same thing about the chips, until I had them:woohoo: One of the better things that my MIL has brought to the party ...I'm sorry, did I say that out loud? (how's that for a question?) :foot:

Hmmmm... who invited him???? Oh, wait.... :blush:

We just made cookies... anyone want some?
Absolutely!! Anything to cleanse my palate from all the nasty stuff above.... :)

So is one ear now longer than the other ???

Georgian says helicopter ear-pull is world record

TBILISI, Georgia (Reuters) - Georgian athlete Lasha Pataraia might not be the strongest man on earth but he may have the strongest ears.
Pataraia believes he has dragged himself into the record books at the Alexeyevka military airfield near the Georgian capital Tbilisi on the weekend when he pulled a 7,734 kg (17,050 lb) military helicopter for 26.3 metres with his ear.

Pataraia, 27, encouraged by a crowd of his family, friends and supporters, attached one end of the rope to his ear while the other end was tied to the front wheel of the helicopter.

Followed by the cheering crowd, he pulled it for about 20 seconds, almost fainting after he finished.

Just minutes after setting a new world record, Pataraia told reporters he was already planning to set another record.

"It was very difficult, I was very nervous. But I hope in the future with both my ears to move a subject twice as heavy as this one," Pataraia told Reuters Television.

The organisers of the event claimed that Pataraia has set both the world and the Guinness record although a representative of the Guinness Book of Records was not present.
Frankie??? You feeling okay???

I love cow tales too? Anyone ever have any of those?
My girls LOVE them!!

Time's running out--Does everybody have their DDHC orders in? Another one of our limited specials this week: Gently Used Lollipops. Only $49.95 a case.
Okay.... Ken??? Remind me to NEVER come trick-or-treating at your house... :ack: :sick:

Dsnygirl
10-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Okay, I'm posting again b/c I thought that last post had gone through, but it did the whole "you have posted too many smilies... blah, blah, blah thing... :blah:" and I didn't realize it. So, here I am, again! :blush:

I am working nights. But I magically ended up with 6 nights off in a row for no reason.

Yeah for you! I work nights, too - 3 12hr. shifts. What department are you in?

We are tempted to go back and get her brother, who was in the same cage - also black - just slightly larger, and the same personality.

So are we absolutely crazy to consider getting the brother too?
Nope... I'd do it!! We've almost always had two, and it's such fun. :D (Okay, I think Dan might disagree, but... :blush:)

What is everyone planning for Thanksgiving?
We're off to Buffalo on Thanksgiving after I get up (it's my holiday to work, so I work 7p-7a the night before, sleep a bit and off we go!) We'll stay with my MIL, and my SIL and her family will come in, too. We'll celebrate her b'day and our nephew's birthday... so LOTS of good food!! :thumbsup:

Anybody up?? I was orienting someone tonight, so no time to be around... where are you all??? Oh, I forgot... you have to SLEEP before you go to work!! Oooops... ;)

Beast_fanatic
10-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Am I still here?

I can't decide what my favorite candy is... I like so many, but I'm permitted to have so few. :(

DisneyDudet
10-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Am I still here?

I can't decide what my favorite candy is... I like so many, but I'm permitted to have so few. :(

Yes you are still here. Where else would you be?

Houston?

(I love you, Ellen!)

Yeah for you! I work nights, too - 3 12hr. shifts. What department are you in?

I, too, work 3 twelves. I'm in the Progressive Care Unit. I like it there. They are just sick enough to be interesting. That's a bad way to think, isn't it?

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I, too, work 3 twelves. I'm in the Progressive Care Unit. I like it there. They are just sick enough to be interesting. That's a bad way to think, isn't it?
Nope... we're kind-of the same way. Your basic, everyday delivery vs. taking care of high-risk... the bigger the challenge, the greater the interest at times!! Of course, I'll never complain about your basic, everyday delivery -- not ever! :)

Hi Rhonda -- yes, you're still here... so am I, although I wish I was here from home!! (:confused:)

Anybody have any candy to share??

Tink&Goofy
10-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Nope... we're kind-of the same way. Your basic, everyday delivery vs. taking care of high-risk... the bigger the challenge, the greater the interest at times!! Of course, I'll never complain about your basic, everyday delivery -- not ever! :)
Having been one of those totally risky situations with DD5, I can tell you that a good nurse was a Godsent. I had wonderful care, from some very special nurses! :thumbsup: I spent so much time there, I knew them by name, AND the shifts that they worked!:D

Anybody have any candy to share??
We STILL have some left from the MNSSHP (can you believe it?) Obviously, DDs are not real big candy eaters. Hmmm....they are already in bed....maybe I should check out what is left.....:D

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Having been one of those totally risky situations with DD5, I can tell you that a good nurse was a Godsent. I had wonderful care, from some very special nurses! :thumbsup: I spent so much time there, I knew them by name, AND the shifts that they worked!

We STILL have some left from the MNSSHP (can you believe it?) Obviously, DDs are not real big candy eaters. Hmmm....they are already in bed....maybe I should check out what is left....
I'm so glad to know that what I do helped you when you needed it... it's one of the biggest blessings of what I do! :)

Dan & I never actually went and got any candy (:doh: :rub: :crazy:) during MNSSHP... but our girls had a party at ballet on Saturday, and Dan and I keep dipping in.... :blush:... one of the biggest benefits of being a parent at Halloween!! ;)

Well, I'm guessing I'm close to being on my own for awhile.... hope you all are sleeping and dreaming wonderful dreams!! I'm off to get some :pizza:!! Anybody want some cold in the am??

Natazu
10-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Hey guys,
Jared said I should post here. Can I come in?

I'm fun... if you'll have me...Awesome, another nurse. We must have the safest thread on the board.
Remember: your doctor may cure you but your nurse keeps you alive.

An admirable attempt! You had to at least snicker, come on, admit it.

Hey, can I help it that a certain person introduced me to some really good wine? BTW, Buddy, we drank the gewurztraminer tonight and we were saying how we like it better then the ones from the Alsace.Wow, "really good wine" and "gewurztraminer" in the same paragraph.

So who's watching the World Series?I always watch. I just can't figure out why this year the Yankees are wearing red and white.

I'm in the purple dress. I am not really into costumes or Halloween, so I recycled a bridesmaid dress, bought a wand at the dollar store, and called it a day.
Great pic. It's always good to hear that someone found a use for a bridesmaid dress.

I hated doing that while in the Military...... but it was so long ago !I didn't know you were in the military. Union or Confederate?

Well, Ok then, Possum Jerky it is. :D
What came to my mind was Jym and his possum, I think Wolfgang could of made lots of meals out of that!!!?

Possum does not make good jerky, does it Jym. The meat isn't stringey enough and it tends to be to short by the time you dry it out and get the tire marks off it.:shake:
Maybe we can get them to make a possum smilie so you all can save some typing.

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 02:53 AM
Awesome, another nurse. We must have the safest thread on the board.
Remember: your doctor may cure you but your nurse keeps you alive.

I always watch. I just can't figure out why this year the Yankees are wearing red and white.

I didn't know you were in the military. Union or Confederate?

Thanks Jym!! :thumbsup:

:shake: :rolleyes:

:rotfl: :funny:

Are you home yet, finally???

Natazu
10-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Thanks Jym!! :thumbsup:

:shake: :rolleyes:

:rotfl: :funny:

Are you home yet, finally???
Yes, we had to come home so SOMEBODY could go to work. Sheesh.

edit: oops?

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 03:03 AM
I'm thinking that SOMEONE is Rachel??? :D Give her a big hug from me....

dlpmikki
10-30-2007, 04:55 AM
I've heard that before - but they had all kinds of black kitties for adoption.

My oldest DD suggested Zoey - and everyone loved it and thought it fit this little lady perfectly. What a sweet cat. She will curl up on anyones lap (except DD5 - whose lap is just too small! :laughing:). Such a great personality. We are tempted to go back and get her brother, who was in the same cage - also black - just slightly larger, and the same personality.

Two cats often works out very well. Seeing as Figaro was a boy cat if you get the brother then that could be a name option although Figaro was a black and white cat. :D

edit: oops?

Hi Jym! Didn't see you at the Party for the Senses but there were an awful lot of people there, weren't there? I met some nice young ladies from Carolina and shared a table with them.

Natazu
10-30-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm thinking that SOMEONE is Rachel??? :D Give her a big hug from me....I'll do that.

Hi Jym! Didn't see you at the Party for the Senses but there were an awful lot of people there, weren't there? I met some nice young ladies from Carolina and shared a table with them.We looked all over for you. Apparently that night sold out. We could hardly find a place to sit. We ended up just inside the door to the right. Luckily it was right by the Roy Yamaguchi booth so I didn't have to walk very far. Did you enjoy the party? Rachel stole a bottle of Puglia Bianco after the winemaker left the booth. I told Disney security on her but they didn't seem to mind.

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 06:59 AM
I'll do that.

We looked all over for you. Apparently that night sold out. We could hardly find a place to sit. We ended up just inside the door to the right. Luckily it was right by the Roy Yamaguchi booth so I didn't have to walk very far. Did you enjoy the party? Rachel stole a bottle of Puglia Bianco after the winemaker left the booth. I told Disney security on her but they didn't seem to mind.
Okay... tell me you didn't just sleep 4 hours and now you're up for the day??? :coffee: I'm starting to think those vampire tales about you and Rachel may be true!! (although I guess you'd be going back to bed now... are you???)

pogo
10-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Good morning all..... boy you were a busy bunch yesterday. I zooped in and out last night, but didn't post. Have a geat day today as well. :D

Maybe we can get them to make a possum smilie so you all can save some typing.You would do that for me ????? Wow.... what a guy ! :D

Okay... tell me you didn't just sleep 4 hours and now you're up for the day??? :coffee: I'm starting to think those vampire tales about you and Rachel may be true!! (although I guess you'd be going back to bed now... are you???)
Come to think of it..... I've never seen Jym standing by a mirror. :D

Christine
10-30-2007, 08:58 AM
(hmmmm...need a good, generic statement as there is NO way I can catch up on the past 4 million posts... :scratch:)

So... how 'bout those cookies?

drummerboy
10-30-2007, 09:20 AM
(hmmmm...need a good, generic statement as there is NO way I can catch up on the past 4 million posts... :scratch:)

HEY everybody--I think Christine wants some of those cookies that we were talking about so much. Should we send her some? [now we'll see how fast she catches up on the posts.]

disneydrmr
10-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Morning! I have a strong feeling that Ken will have to move threads in the next week...

Went to mum's again yesterday. She's doing much better. DW prep'd another week's worth of dinners for them and we had ham, sweet potatoes, lima beans and home-made apple sauce last night.

Glad to hear your mom's doing better! I'll take some of the home made apple sauce if you have any left.

Anybody need to get their last-minute Halloween candy orders in to DDHC? (Motto: "Expiration, what expiration?") We have a case-lot special on gravy-flavor Peeps.

Edit to add--We might need to catch some of our newcomers up to speed on Drummerboy Discount Brands, eh?

Hmmm.. not really fond of the gravy flavored Peeps.. got any cheese flavored ones?

Errrr....how did this thread go from favorite candy to possum jerky so fast?

Yeah, he's new around here.... if he 'knew' this thread he never would've asked that question..:D

Di, have a great time on the Left Coast! And remember to let the little ones talk to Stitch too.

Hey now.... those little ones can talk to ALL the other characters out there... why do they need to take up MY prescious time with Stitch? :D

I love cow tales too? Anyone ever have any of those?

Didn't they make a caramel apple cow tale at one time?

Funny, I'm sitting here eating Chips Deluxe Chocolate Lovers right now, along with some B&J Phish Phood ice cream.

:cloud9: Mmmmmm Phish Phood! Got any Cherry Garcia?

Newbie question...can I bring store brand cookies or do I have they have to be "home made"

This bunch has never met a cookie it hasn't liked. But homemade ones get you brownie points..

(hmmmm...need a good, generic statement as there is NO way I can catch up on the past 4 million posts...

Do you mind if I store your generic question/statement for use when I return next Tuesday? I'm sure there will be at least a bazillion posts to go thru....

offwego
10-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I had to share a story with all you. Today I get to work and I get a text message from my DD. She lives in Iowa and told me she hit a deer..a six point buck..with her car. She needed money for repairs, which she'll be getting. She just had to promise me she'd stop hunting for deers with her car. What came to my mind was Jym and his possum, I think Wolfgang could of made lots of meals out of that
I'm glad she's ok!

Any requests for cookies? I would kill for a President's Choice Decadent choc. chip cookie!
What is everyone planning for Thanksgiving?
How did you get hooked on those cookies?

Natazu
10-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Okay... tell me you didn't just sleep 4 hours and now you're up for the day??? :coffee: I'm starting to think those vampire tales about you and Rachel may be true!! (although I guess you'd be going back to bed now... are you???)I've been up the whole time. I was playing Guitar Hero. I'll sleep for a while this morning.

So... how 'bout those cookies?I'm using the oven for chicken parm right now, how about later?

Jared
10-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Good morning, everybody! I'm pretty sure I was here yesterday, but my questions are buried two pages back. You guys are talking more than Elliot Reed from "Scrubs".

Did anybody remember to wish my sister happy birthday yesterday? She was very upset no other crazy Disney fans called.

And Jym, how about sending me some extra chicken?

:tasty:

pogo
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
This tread is moving fast. :thumbsup:

Did anyone notice Jym's milestone yet ? :confused:

:congrats: Jym.

Keep up the good work ! :D

drummerboy
10-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Morning! I have a strong feeling that Ken will have to move threads in the next week...
First I have to tie this thread down. It's starting to float like Pogo's balloons with all the hot air being produced. :cool:

Glad to hear your mom's doing better! I'll take some of the home made apple sauce if you have any left.
'Fraid you'll have to fight DM over that. Want me to have DW make you a special batch?

Hmmm.. not really fond of the gravy flavored Peeps.. got any cheese flavored ones?
Out of cheese, but we've got some pepperoni ones left. How many cases do you want?

This bunch has never met a cookie it hasn't liked. But homemade ones get you brownie points..

No pun intended?

Jenn--I'm still thinking about your script.

ElenitaB
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Congrats, Jym, on the posting milestone!

Will someone rub my feet for me?
Ken, could you send a DDM to Morgan? Morgan, up until now the only personal service we've offered (hehehe) on this thread has involved either Nair or waxing. You might want to rethink your request for a foot massage.

Newbie question...can I bring store brand cookies or do I have they have to be "home made";)

As far as cookies, I forgot I bought some Milanos at the store last week. I got 3 kinds (on sale at Target!). Milk, mint, and double. I've only had a mint, and it was great! I usually go for the milk, so I know what that is like. Care to try a double?
See... Milanos will work! :tasty:

Absolutely not! Halloween will become a tale of two kitties at your house!

Yes you are still here. Where else would you be? Houston? (I love you, Ellen!)

Hehehehe :blush:

Oh, goodness, I'll keep that observation in mind the next time I have to stay overnight(s).

Di, did you pack your suitcases yet?

Alex, where are you????

I've been up the whole time. I was playing Guitar Hero. I'll sleep for a while this morning.
Jym, how's Guitar Hero? Santa's been thinking about getting it for DS this year.

disneydrmr
10-30-2007, 12:00 PM
'Fraid you'll have to fight DM over that. Want me to have DW make you a special batch?

Out of cheese, but we've got some pepperoni ones left. How many cases do you want?

No pun intended?

YES!!!! Or at least send me her recipe!

YUM! Pepperoni Peeps! Just what any Italian would want! Got any spaghetti sauce flavored ones to go with that? If so I'll take 20 cases of each! :D

:D What pun?

Did anyone notice Jym's milestone yet ?

Thread's moving too fast to notice much of anything.. thanks for pointing it out Pogo!

So Jym - congrats on that milestone! Should we bake you a possum cake to celebrate? :sick:

Di, did you pack your suitcases yet?

Alex, where are you????

Sorta, but after looking at weather and finding out that the temps at DL run about 5 degrees hotter than what is 'posted' in the weather reports.. I'm thinking I better get me some shorts (DRAT - that means I have to shave my legs! :D)

Hmmmm.... Alex is missing- isn't he? Should we call in DDRS (Drummerboy's Discount Rescue Service)? I believe the rescuers have been located after getting lost during their last search....

mouseaddict
10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
How did you get hooked on those cookies?
I grew up in Canada..have only been in the US for 9 years..Loblaws rocks! I love all things P.C!
Think you can sneak a few Salmon Wellington's down here for me?

Mickey'sGirl
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Jenn--I'm still thinking about your script.I'll wait. :wait: You done yet?

Sorta, but after looking at weather and finding out that the temps at DL run about 5 degrees hotter than what is 'posted' in the weather reports.. I'm thinking I better get me some shorts (DRAT - that means I have to shave my legs! :D) Safe travels for you Di -- and I'll be thinking about you and your friend tomorrow. :hug:

I grew up in Canada..have only been in the US for 9 years..Loblaws rocks! I love all things P.C!
Think you can sneak a few Salmon Wellington's down here for me?My brother has moved to England and has us mail PC Chocolate Chip cookies and Swiss Chalet sauce over to him.

Ellen! Good luck with your new treatment!

Jared
10-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Does anybody have a rewind button? Today has not been a good day so far!

Between oversleeping, a mediocre graphics project and an art history test written by Satan, I need a vacation. Fortunately, I'm going home Thursday!

How's everybody else's day?

BriarRose0708
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Does anybody have a rewind button? Today has not been a good day so far!

Between oversleeping, a mediocre graphics project and an art history test written by Satan, I need a vacation. Fortunately, I'm going home Thursday!

Here's some :pixie: hope youre day gets better! What are you going home for? Does SU have break?

offwego
10-30-2007, 03:04 PM
YUM! Pepperoni Peeps! Just what any Italian would want! Got any spaghetti sauce flavored ones to go with that? If so I'll take 20 cases of each! (DRAT - that means I have to shave my legs! Hmmmm.... Alex is missing- isn't he? Should we call in DDRS (Drummerboy's Discount Rescue Service)? I believe the rescuers have been located after getting lost during their last search.... well between the peeps and the chance to get back at the nair stuff Alex should be along any minute.

Think you can sneak a few Salmon Wellington's down here for me? How cool is that? And Jenn it's St. Hubert not Swiss chalet..no pale imitations ok?

drummerboy
10-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Ken -- what would my script be?

OK:

Jenn: Oh, Dr. McWonderful, don't you have something romantic to say to me?

Dr. McW: Alors, mon cher, je forgot most of the French I knew, so I have to go study dictee with Harry. Sorry.

Jenn: (Sighs) C'est la vie. Think I'll go make some waffles.

The End.

No, no, please. :blush: Oh, stop, all the applause is embarassing me.

Think we're ready for Broadway?

Think I'm ready for the assylum?

Anybody else want a personal script?

DW and I have concert band practice tonight. We've been rehearsing Christmas music since August. Kind of strange to be shaking the jingle bells and wiping sweat off one's brow at the same time.

offwego
10-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Jenn: (Sighs) C'est la vie. Think I'll go make some waffles..

Shouldn't this be crepes? And I'm kinda afraid as to what my script would be...

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I've been up the whole time. I was playing Guitar Hero. I'll sleep for a while this morning.

:congrats: Jym, on your 5000th post!! Too bad you're sleeping through all your congrats....

Absolutely not! Halloween will become a tale of two kitties at your house!

:laughing:

Think you can sneak a few Salmon Wellington's down here for me?
Wow... another Canuck around here!! You guys are going to take over the thread soon! :D

Seeing as I only got up about a 1/2 hr., ago and it's a gorgeous day outside, I should be able to say "great!", but since my girls got home 20 minutes ago, there have been two squabbles about candy, one fight over who was bringing the bowls of it upstairs to get ready for tomorrow, tears, punishments... and I'm not even halfway through my first cup of coffee yet!! :rolleyes: :( Would anybody like some trick or treaters to come visit a little early, for say maybe a few days??? ;)

How's Tuesday treating everyone else? I can't believe it's almost November... where did the time go???

Natazu
10-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Jym, how's Guitar Hero? Santa's been thinking about getting it for DS this year.
All addiction aside, Guitar Hero is one of the best games for someone to play. Noone gets shot or run over by a car, there's great music... mostly, and lots of dexterity training.
BTW I'm "S8 Dr Jones" on XBOX Live.

:congrats: Jym, on your 5000th post!! Too bad you're sleeping through all your congrats....
Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I couldn't have done it without you all to talk with... and Rusty to correct. ;)

Um, I don't really have a question, so let's go with something pertaining more or less to gaming...
Why is it only drug dealers and software developers call their clients "users"?

drummerboy
10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Blythe: Dr. McWonderful, please, please, take me away from all this.

Dr. McW: Any time and always, my sweet. Come with me to my mountain get-a-way.

Blythe: That sounds so exciting. Where is it?

Dr. McW: In the far, far mountains, away from everyone. That way, nobody's bothered by all the noises of the day school/nursery/teen center I run there.

Blythe: Uh, I think I hear a baby monitor going off. TTFN!

____

It's time to go hooooooome. Gotta go find DW's extra key--she locked herself out of her car.

offwego
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Why is it only drug dealers and software developers call their clients "users"? So does this mean I should or shouldn't?

[QUOTE=drummerboy;1462027It's time to go hooooooome. Gotta go find DW's extra key--she locked herself out of her car.[/QUOTE]

I know where it is Ken! Look in the car.

mouseaddict
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM
St Hubert..oh man..I had gotten that one out of my head...could I go for that right now...and REAL chinese food...sadly the one thing that I have really craved since I moved down here has been Harvey's hamburgers! I hated them when I lived back home, but now...geesh! You guys are making me homesick!
Jym..question...Halo or Guitar hero..which one?

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 05:28 PM

Dr. McW: In the far, far mountains, away from everyone. That way, nobody's bothered by all the noises of the day school/nursery/teen center I run there.

Wow!! How did I get so lucky to have another script written for me? I feel so privileged... I think??? :blush: Oh wait... it must've just been my :fit: about my DD's... I'll still take that mountain getaway...

Natazu
10-30-2007, 05:34 PM
So does this mean I should or shouldn't?definintely should. Wanna play?

Jym..question...Halo or Guitar hero..which one?Different games for different moods. Guitar Hero is a wonderful way to relax, "play" some music and have a good time with friends, online, or alone.
Halo 3 is great when you feel like blowing up someone you've never met just so you can hear them scream in French over their headset.

dlpmikki
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't understand all these complicated games - Mahjongg is about my level of computer game :blush:

When did Ken get the idea that he wrote good scripts? Or is he trying to teach us how to be critics? Please don't write a script for me Ken - I am no good at acting or pretending to act! :D

Caroleh
10-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Alex, where are you????

I was thinking the same thing. Is it a good thing that Alex is quiet?

Should we bake you a possum cake to celebrate? :sick:

Hmmmm.... Alex is missing- isn't he? Should we call in DDRS (Drummerboy's Discount Rescue Service)? I believe the rescuers have been located after getting lost during their last search....

Possum cake..:funny:

I think we've already sent DDRS out twice looking for him. I think DDRS got stuck in the quicksand trap along with Alex. Do think Alex may actually have a job that keeps him away from here?

dlpmikki
10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Do you think Alex is out there being nice? Or has being nice proved too much of a strain for him?

drummerboy
10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
When did Ken get the idea that he wrote good scripts?
Who said I had that idea? :confused: I just said I would write scripts. :thedolls: If you want good scripts, you have to come see DD's shows.

Wow!! How did I get so lucky to have another script written for me? I feel so privileged... I think??? :blush: Oh wait... it must've just been my :fit: about my DD's... I'll still take that mountain getaway...
It was supposed to follow right after your post about your DDs, but you know, with this yakky bunch...

ElenitaB
10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
It was supposed to follow right after your post about your DDs, but you know, with this yakky bunch...
So are we yakky and yeti? (Still no ADRs though)

pjbs35a
10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Frankie??? You feeling okay???

Don't you remember ??? Just reverting back to the very beginnings of the "Just Questions" Threads. Most of you weren't born.

Jared
10-30-2007, 08:48 PM
and REAL chinese food.
That's what I have on the way (from New Garden, if you were wondering, Blythe). What's your favorite dish?

Don't you remember ??? Just reverting back to the very beginnings of the "Just Questions" Threads. Most of you weren't born.
Was I born? I distinctly remember the old craziness. Then again, not many have reached your grandfather status.

disneydeb
10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
:mickey:I took my DGS to see my mom tonight. He dressed in his Simba suit. He was so cute!
Mother is having cataract surgery tomorrow.

I hope everyone has had a great day. I sure did. How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween tomorrow? I'm going to go to school as Cinderella's Fairy godmother and our Kindergarten staff is going to be Disney Princesses. :mickey:

:mickey:deb

CaptJackSparrow
10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I always watch. I just can't figure out why this year the Yankees are wearing red and white.
What made you think it was the Yankees, the common "green" in the back pocket?

This tread is moving fast.

Did anyone notice Jym's milestone yet ?

:congrats: Jym.

Keep up the good work ! :D
Any of the other newbies feeling that you have to give up work to keep up?

Seeing as I only got up about a 1/2 hr., ago and it's a gorgeous day outside, I should be able to say "great!", but since my girls got home 20 minutes ago, there have been two squabbles about candy, one fight over...

You see, you're just encouraging her, and then I'm going to have to take care of the little :thedolls: more than I already do. Come to think of it, she told me she's going away for the weekend w/ her McMother (her slip, not mine) :sadwave:

Caroleh
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
II hope everyone has had a great day. I sure did. How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween tomorrow?

I get to work tomorrow night, so I miss all the trick or treaters. I'll be lucky if we have any customers tomorrow night. We were joking around today that we're going dress as Fabricland employees. We work for Fabricland and I'm going as the manager!!

What is everyone giving out for treats, except for Ken? Our apartment complex doesn't allow kids to go door to door so we're not giving out anything. I might stop and get something on my way to work tomorrow afternoon to give to kids when they come into the store.

disneydeb
10-30-2007, 09:43 PM
I get to work tomorrow night, so I miss all the trick or treaters. I'll be lucky if we have any customers tomorrow night. We were joking around today that we're going dress as Fabricland employees. We work for Fabricland and I'm going as the manager!!

What is everyone giving out for treats, except for Ken?
:D

We are giving out Nerds, Airheads, Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pops. DH just showed me a case of chocolate bars he told me to hand out tomorrow night. Doesn't he know I try to avoid having chocolate in the house, because I tend to EAT it!?? So far I've polished off a bar while I finished keying this!

pjbs35a
10-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Was I born? I distinctly remember the old craziness. Then again, not many have reached your grandfather status.

The grandfather look is just a :spy: disguise...

Would you like fries with that ???

Thieves ambush supermarket employee with ketchup

ATHENS (Reuters) - Two thieves armed only with ketchup ambushed a supermarket employee as he was taking cash to the bank, Greek police said on Tuesday.

"The thieves jumped out of the bushes and threw two big bags of ketchup on the front window to stop the car," said a police official who requested anonymity.

The man fought with his attackers who managed to flee on a motorcycle with only 400 euros (279 pounds) of the 140,000 euros he was carrying.

Tink&Goofy
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Shouldn't this be crepes? And I'm kinda afraid as to what my script would be...

I guess I should stop speedreading when trying to catch up on the thread - I read this as "Shouldn't this be creeps?" :funny:
I couldn't figure out why waffles were creepy!:laughing:

If you guys wouldn't yak so much during the day, I wouldn't have to speed read to keep up with you!!
Today has been totally crazy - playing that supermomfulltimecareer thing! Still have one birdie out of the nest that I have to pick up after she finishes work on a school project.
Zoey is doing great! Fighting my laptop for time on my lap!:D Can you hear her purring?

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
When did Ken get the idea that he wrote good scripts? Or is he trying to teach us how to be critics? Please don't write a script for me Ken - I am no good at acting or pretending to act!
Well now, if you weren't living at WDW for so long, maybe you'd have read why... :D I bet he's got quite a good script for you!! (BTW - the scripts are for all of us brainy women around here, he's honoring us... :blush:)

I was thinking the same thing. Is it a good thing that Alex is quiet?

Nope... I kinda miss him... :(

Us???? Yakky??? Surely you jest!! :funny:

So - are you saying you're old??? :old:

How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween tomorrow?
My girls have a half-day, so I'm going over to DD6's school for her parade and then once they get home, I think it's maybe an errand or two and then on to pumpking carving, making snacks, etc., etc., etc. My DD9 has a list... wonder where she got that from.... (hush, Dan! :blush:)

Any of the other newbies feeling that you have to give up work to keep up?

You see, you're just encouraging her, and then I'm going to have to take care of the little DD's more than I already do. Come to think of it, she told me she's going away for the weekend w/ her McMother (her slip, not mine)
Now see, you just have to find a way to multi-task!! A little work, a little I'cot... it's all quite simple, really!
As far as the wknd goes, don't they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder?? :D

What is everyone giving out for treats, except for Ken?
We're going t or t'ing w/ the girls (as pirates, of course) so we're putting out two big bowls of bags of candy we put together, and hoping everyone shares!!

DH just showed me a case of chocolate bars he told me to hand out tomorrow night. Doesn't he know I try to avoid having chocolate in the house, because I tend to EAT it!?? So far I've polished off a bar while I finished keying this!
Sounds familiar... I think I maybe ate a few while we put those bags together... doesn't really go with wine, though...

Well, we carved two pumpkins tonight... 3 to go tomorrow. :mpumpkin: And I actually got to sit down and watch one of my fav shows (L&O SVU) too!! Gotta find a reason to put together Halloween bags more often...

How is everyone tonight?

Caroleh
10-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Zoey is doing great! Fighting my laptop for time on my lap!:D Can you hear her purring?

I wasn't sure if it was Mittens(my cat) I heard or Zoey!!!:D

Nope... I kinda miss him... :(

Does anyone have a thermometer? I think Blythe is sick!!! :secret: I miss him too. I just didn't want him to read that!!

drummerboy
10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Thieves ambush supermarket employee with ketchup

ATHENS (Reuters) - Two thieves armed only with ketchup ambushed a supermarket employee as he was taking cash to the bank, Greek police said on Tuesday.

"The thieves jumped out of the bushes and threw two big bags of ketchup on the front window to stop the car," said a police official who requested anonymity.

The man fought with his attackers who managed to flee on a motorcycle with only 400 euros (279 pounds) of the 140,000 euros he was carrying.
So, the police couldnt ketchup with them? :D

How is everyone tonight?
Very good, thank you.

I think I'm going to turn in to a bed. Good night all.

ElenitaB
10-30-2007, 11:33 PM
What is everyone giving out for treats, except for Ken? Our apartment complex doesn't allow kids to go door to door so we're not giving out anything. I might stop and get something on my way to work tomorrow afternoon to give to kids when they come into the store.
Lots of kids around here go Treat or Treating at stores. Do they do that in other areas?

We have bags of Swedish Fish to give out. DS hasn't really decided whether he's going out tomorrow or not.

Hey, Ken's turning into a bed! Do you think he'll favor a Sealy. a Serta or a Sterns & Foster? :alarm:

Caroleh
10-30-2007, 11:53 PM
So, the police couldnt ketchup with them? :D

You can put your arm back in the socket now, Ken. That one was baaaaaaaaad.

Lots of kids around here go Treat or Treating at stores. Do they do that in other areas?

Hey, Ken's turning into a bed! Do you think he'll favor a Sealy. a Serta or a Sterns & Foster? :alarm:

Around here they'll go in malls, but my store is in an industrial building, and I'm the only one in our area opened at night. The mall is close by but nobody comes to the store trick or treating.

I think it must be a Serta...he's one of their sheep because he tells such baaaaaaaaaad jokes!!!!:D

Who's bringing the coffee in the morning? Think we could get Alex to bring it?

DisneyDudet
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Ken, could you send a DDM to Morgan? Morgan, up until now the only personal service we've offered (hehehe) on this thread has involved either Nair or waxing. You might want to rethink your request for a foot massage.

Well, I could use the existing service, but, judging from the intense pain in my foot, and me having to go back to work for 3 twelves in a row... I am needing a change in service. I mean, the places I get my toes done also wax, so why can't that happen here?

I have missed so much today. I can tell I wasn't missed much, but that doesn't bother me.

Anyone know how to stop these cookie cravings? It seems that is all I want!!!

Beast_fanatic
10-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Congrats Jym!

We've been rehearsing Christmas music since August. Kind of strange to be shaking the jingle bells and wiping sweat off one's brow at the same time.

So, now you know what it's like to have Christmas in Texas!

If you guys wouldn't yak so much during the day, I wouldn't have to speed read to keep up with you!!

Amen to that!

We have full-size candy bars in a variety of flavors to hand out to the trick-or-treaters tomorrow night. I might be a little late getting home from work though. Do you think the candy will be safe with Robert?

BriarRose0708
10-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Zooping in to say good night. I'll catch up on posts tomorrow, but I have an 8am meeting tomorrow morning! What could be worse than a long boring meeting so early in the morning on Halloween???

ps- Rhonda, applause to you for giving out full size candy bars! We always loved those houses that had the good kinds. I hate the mini "fun size" bars. What is fun about less candy? Nothing!

ElenitaB
10-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Anyone know how to stop these cookie cravings? It seems that is all I want!!!
Ah, the mind control is working! :plot:

We have full-size candy bars in a variety of flavors to hand out to the trick-or-treaters tomorrow night. I might be a little late getting home from work though. Do you think the candy will be safe with Robert?
Your house is going to be popular tomorrow night! I'm not so sure about Robert though...

Did anyone used to go trick or treating for drinks? Not that I used to do anything like that, ever, never :angel:

disneydeb
10-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Bibidi- bobodi- BOO!:jack::bat::frank::witch::scrow::blackcat:

Could that be my question?

Stay safe and happy!:mpumpkin:

dlpmikki
10-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Is it Halloween already? :D

Caroleh
10-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Happy Halloween!!!

Where's my treat? Ah HA, I know where Alex is at..he's stole all the candy!!

offwego
10-31-2007, 08:59 AM
We've missed you though. I'm sure someone has rootbeer for you.

We work for Fabricland and I'm going as the manager!![/SIZE][/I]
[I][/I
I've gone as a banker before..whatever works!

I guess I should stop speedreading when trying to catch up on the thread - I read this as "Shouldn't this be creeps?" I couldn't figure out why waffles were creepy
Creepy waffles would most assuredly not be mickey ones then right?

Lots of kids around here go Treat or Treating at stores. Do they do that in other areas?: I've not heard of that. DS hasn't decided here either. Must be the age.

Happy Halloween!!!

Where's my treat? Ah HA, I know where Alex is at..he's stole all the candy!!
I never thought of that!

Christine
10-31-2007, 09:07 AM
:sing: This is Halloween! This is Halloween!

(sigh), wish I could be in WDW tonight.

Well, my sources tell me (okay, fine...Alex told me) that little al is fine and dandy...just been on the road a lot. He sends his regards and will be back soon!

Do you think Olivia would die of embarassment if Mommy wore her Mary Poppins costume trick or treating tonight?? :thedolls:

Dsnygirl
10-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Growl.... I'm not too happy this am....:( I couldn't fall asleep as I stayed up too late reading and since I'd worked the past 3 nights, my body went into full night-shift mode. I think I finally dozed off around 3am....:coffee:
To top it all off, 15 minutes before the girls are due to leave for school, DD9 can't find the crown for her costume and remembers some math facts we were supposed to go over. Not such a good thing to do to a tired mom on 4 hrs sleep... needless to say, she had to leave w/o it and wasn't too happy. :( Not easy, letting them learn to take care of their stuff... sigh...

Did anyone used to go trick or treating for drinks? Not that I used to do anything like that, ever, never!
Now there's an idea!! Although right now, I'd be okay w/ just tricks if the coffee would kick in...

On a happier note... :bat: :ghost: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :ghost: :bat: I hope you all have a great day, and get lots of treats!! :D

Dsnygirl
10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
:sing: This is Halloween! This is Halloween!

(sigh), wish I could be in WDW tonight.

Funny you should say that... DH said this morning, "Happy Halloween... I am your Host, your Ghost Host..." and all I could think of was what fun everyone was going to have tonight down there... :( We've been listening to our CD of the party music, and it's all I hear, even when it's off!! (Not sure what I'll do once the season ends... :blush:)

Anyone else have CD's of the party music?

CanadianWDWFan
10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
We bought it as well. I really do enjoy it.

Anyone making the kids do tricks tonight?:plot:

ElenitaB
10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Happy Halloween, everyone!!!
:blackcat::pumpkin::bat::pumpkin::blackcat:

May your treats be abundant!

Growl.... I'm not too happy this am....:( I couldn't fall asleep as I stayed up too late reading and since I'd worked the past 3 nights, my body went into full night-shift mode. I think I finally dozed off around 3am.
What were you reading? Anything good?

Funny you should say that... DH said this morning, "Happy Halloween... I am your Host, your Ghost Host..." and all I could think of was what fun everyone was going to have tonight down there... :( We've been listening to our CD of the party music, and it's all I hear, even when it's off!! (Not sure what I'll do once the season ends.)

We went to MNSSHP on Halloween (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/215428484-L.jpg) in 2003 and while it was fun, it was a lot more fun to be there with you all. Nothing like being surrounded by the ghouls and goblins you know and love! Here are those pics I promised you all weeks ago: Blythe and Dan (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/209127091-L.jpg), Deb (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/209127256-L.jpg), and Brian, Jenn and the boys (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/209127086-L.jpg). And here's Mikki on a motorized broom (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/210691565-L.jpg). I just realized that I don't think I saw Christine that whole night.

And yes, we do have the event CD, thanks to Rhonda! :hug: Meeting you all was one of the biggest treats ever! (Paying the bills for that trip, however, are the trick.)

Di, thinking of you today!

So who's dressing up as what today? Ben's going as Naruto, if he goes at all.

offwego
10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
We bought it as well. I really do enjoy it.

Anyone making the kids do tricks tonight?:plot:

We meant to buy it...but forgot. How silly are we? Most of the kids on our street are wee ones so no tricks. And they tend to come so early as well. Mind you we don't get to many either.

pogo
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
:ghost:......HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !......:ghost:

Is it Halloween already?
:hi: Dutchess ! How is Halloween celebrated in the UK ? :confused:

Do you think Olivia would die of embarassment if Mommy wore her Mary Poppins costume trick or treating tonight??
Would it be the first time you've embarressed her ? :confused:

Anyone making the kids do tricks tonight?
Are you trying to say you are making Harry do tricks tonight ? I think that boy can do just fine on his own ! :D

Meeting you all was one of the biggest treats ever. I know I've said it before but, I'm sorry I missed it ! I even wanted to meet Alex. :( How lame is that !

Most of the kids on our street are wee ones so no tricks. And they tend to come so early as well. Mind you we don't get to many either.
We will have about 25 to 30 kids tonight and most will be very little. They are so cute. :D

Dsnygirl
10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
What were you reading? Anything good?

So who's dressing up as what today? Ben's going as Naruto, if he goes at all.
Ellen, thanks for those pictures!! Now I've got to find a way to get them on my photoshop program so I can print them!
I was reading "Heaven & Earth", the second in a series of three books about Sisters Island by Nora Roberts. They're quite good, and hard to put down! (Obviously!! :blush:)
My girls are being princesses, not Disney ones this year, by some miracle! They chose their costumes b/c Dan & I are going to reprise our pirates costumes for the night, and they want to be our prisoners!! How funny is that?? Kids that want to be shackled to their parents... there's a story! :crazy: I'll have to make sure we get pictures for when they're older and want to get as far away from us as possible... ;)

I just got back from Emma's costume parade... (K-3rd graders... she's in 1st) and they all looked so cute!! :cloud9:

Well, I'm guessing the coffee's kicking in, as I'm not as grumpy and I actually feel like going off to do some housework. Dan must've spiked it with something this morning... :stir:

Have a GREAT day everyone -- I'll see you all a bit later!! :bat:

drummerboy
10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm dressed as something very scary--a lawyer.

DW is supposed to pick up some candy today. I hope there's still some possum chews left. She might be stuck having to buy Christmas candy instead of Halloween candy by now.

Soooooo, how's humpday going for everybody?

DisneyDudet
10-31-2007, 11:07 AM

I have it, and I've listened to it everyday since we got back!

I ever have "This is Halloween" as my song on myspace!

I just love holidays, don't yall? I mean.. .ANY holiday!

Dsnygirl
10-31-2007, 03:37 PM

:scared: :hide2: :hide:

Where'd you all go? Are you trick or treating already???

We just got back from some last minute shopping, decided to do munchies for dinner... yummm!! Poppers, taquitoes, popcorn chicken, pizza rolls... my girls think they've died and gone to heaven!! (Either that, or mommy's taken leave of her senses... strong possibility...) What's everyone else having for dinner? (Oh, and if you're wondering about dessert? Cinnamon & sugar mini-donuts and cider... :blush:)

Dan -- are you reading this? :mpumpkin:

BriarRose0708
10-31-2007, 03:51 PM
We just got back from some last minute shopping, decided to do munchies for dinner... yummm!! Poppers, taquitoes, popcorn chicken, pizza rolls... my girls think they've died and gone to heaven!! (Either that, or mommy's taken leave of her senses... strong possibility...) What's everyone else having for dinner? (Oh, and if you're wondering about dessert? Cinnamon & sugar mini-donuts and cider... :blush:)

Wow, can you be my mom too? I never got to eat that stuff for appetizers, let alone dinner (although I do remember the occasional piece of cake for breakfast:secret:). I'm hosting a Halloween get together for my co-workers tonight, so it'll be pizza, junk food and lots of :beer: and :marg: and :wine:

dlpmikki
10-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Dutchess ! How is Halloween celebrated in the UK ? :confused:

We don't do much but more than we used to - retail pressure on the kids.....

We concentrate more on Bonfire night which is where we celebrate somebody trying to blow up Parliament. Hey, that makes me wonder - shouldn't we celebrate July 4th as well?

[CENTER]Happy Halloween, everyone!!!
:blackcat::pumpkin::bat::pumpkin::blackcat:

[/URL]. And here's Mikki on a motorized broom (http://BenEllen.smugmug.com/photos/210691565-L.jpg).

Ellen - where is the picture of you on your broom? We know you didn't need one of those new fangled electrical ones like me. I'm just a witch in training and your apprentice :witch::blackcat:

ElenitaB
10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
:bat:

I'm hosting a Halloween get together for my co-workers tonight, so it'll be pizza, junk food and lots of :beer: and :marg: and :wine:
That's close enough to trick or treatin' for drinks! ;)

I just took a tray of cookies out of the oven. Anyone want some? (Please bring milk.)

P.S. If anyone wants JPGs of the pictures, just PM me with your e-mail addie and I'll send them along.

dlpmikki
10-31-2007, 05:20 PM
I just ordered my photopass CD. I wonder how many JQers appeared on it in the end? There are some 290 pictures!

ElenitaB
10-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Ellen - where is the picture of you on your broom? We know you didn't need one of those new fangled electrical ones like me. I'm just a witch in training and your apprentice :witch::blackcat:
Was it the hat that was the giveaway? :stir: Or did Ben tell you something? :blush:

dlpmikki
10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Was it the hat that was the giveaway? :stir: Or did Ben tell you something? :blush:

I think it may have been Pogo? :thedolls:

offwego
10-31-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm dressed as something very scary--a lawyer. Oh..you beat me!

Wow, can you be my mom too? I never got to eat that stuff for appetizers, let alone dinner (although I do remember the occasional piece of cake for breakfast:secret:). I'm hosting a Halloween get together for my co-workers tonight, so it'll be pizza, junk food and lots of :beer: and :marg: and :wine:
My mom used to let us have ice cream on the first day of summer vacation. I always looked forward to taht let me tell ya! No beer here. Can you send me one?:beer:

DisneyDudet
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm guessing everyone is partying today? Out with the kiddos?

Slow day here in JQ...

alpro2
10-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Merry Christmas all! How have you all been? I have been on the road with little time for my laptop.

Hey Banker Babe - have you ever heard of a place called Fighting Island?

Off to DC tomorrow for a day hop. Back in the home office on Friday.

Hope you are all well (yes, even you Pogo).

Thanks to all of you who noticed that I was gone. Oh, and I miss you too Carol - eh! :D

BriarRose0708
10-31-2007, 07:40 PM
No beer here. Can you send me one?:beer:

Sure Natalie! I've got Bud Light and Blue Light, red and white wine and maybe a margarita or two. Which would you like?

pjbs35a
10-31-2007, 07:48 PM
We've missed you though. I'm sure someone has rootbeer for you.

What about the ice cream to make a Root :beer: Float ???

Who wants Bratwurst ???

Historian finds oldest recipe for German Bratwurst
- A hobby historian has discovered the oldest known recipe for German sausage, a list of ingredients for Thuringian bratwurst nearly 600 years old.

According to the 1432 guidelines, Thuringian sausage makers had to use only the purest, unspoiled meat and were threatened with a fine of 24 pfennigs -- a day's wages -- if they did not, a spokesman for the German Bratwurst Museum said on Wednesday.

Medieval town markets in Germany had committees tasked with monitoring the quality of produce. Thuringian bratwursts, which are made of beef and pork, are symbols of Germany's cultural heritage and ubiquitous snacks at football matches.

Historian Hubert Erzmann, 75, found the ancient recipe, inscribed with pen and ink in a heavy tome of parchment, earlier this year while doing research in an archive in the eastern town of Weimar, museum spokesman Thomas Maeuer said.

"The discovery shows that there were already consumer protection laws in the Middle Ages," he said.

The instructions go on display on Thursday in the Bratwurst Museum near the eastern city of Erfurt, Thuringia's capital.

drummerboy
10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Who wants Bratwurst ???

Historian finds oldest recipe for German Bratwurst
- A hobby historian has discovered the oldest known recipe for German sausage, a list of ingredients for Thuringian bratwurst nearly 600 years old.
Now there's a stale bratwurst. Did they have some 600-year-old :beer: to go with it?

The kiddies came in clumps tonight. Some very cute little ones, some scary Jr. high ones. All stopped about 8:30. Now for some real scares with CSI.

ElenitaB
10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Frankie, thank goodness for those consumer protection laws! Can you imagine sausage made with spoiled meat? :sick: Talk about tricks :ack:

If you find the ice cream for the root :beer: float, would you like some company?

pjbs35a
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Frankie, If you find the ice cream for the root :beer: float, would you like some company?

Absolutely !!!

I wonder why the kids have stopped coming by for treats ???

I was charging only $1.00 per candy bar I was "giving" out.

pogo
10-31-2007, 09:20 PM
We don't do much but more than we used to - retail pressure on the kids.....

We concentrate more on Bonfire night which is where we celebrate somebody trying to blow up Parliament. Hey, that makes me wonder - shouldn't we celebrate July 4th as well?
Hey..... why not ? It works for me. :D

I think it may have been Pogo? Not me Dutchess.... it wasn't me. I'd never say a bad word about Ellen ! Never ever ! :D

Can you send me one? I can't. I might have to make a run to Geneseo for one. ;)

Aw shucks. Thanks Alex. :blush:

Sure Natalie! I've got Bud Light and Blue Light, red and white wine and maybe a margarita or two. Which would you like?
I think it's too far for Natalie to drive so why don't I make the drive for her.;) It's Bud light for me. :D

BriarRose0708
10-31-2007, 09:35 PM
I think it's too far for Natalie to drive so why don't I make the drive for her.;) It's Bud light for me. :D

Come on down! And why don't you bring Patti, too?

Caroleh
10-31-2007, 10:17 PM
[quote=alpro2;1463049Thanks to all of you who noticed that I was gone. Oh, and I miss you too Carol - eh! :D[/quote]

:cloud9: Gee, thanks!!! He misses me. Maybe he is really a nice person. Tell me it isn't so!! Oh wait, it still Halloween, so I think it must be a trick!!!

So how was everyone's Halloween? I took all the Halloween decorations down tonight at work, put out a few Christmas things, and wondered where I was going to put the rest of the Christmas stuff I didn't sell last year. Any ideas?

Dsnygirl
10-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Merry Christmas all! How have you all been? I have been on the road with little time for my laptop.

Hey Banker Babe - have you ever heard of a place called Fighting Island?

Off to DC tomorrow for a day hop. Back in the home office on Friday.

Thanks to all of you who noticed that I was gone. Oh, and I miss you too Carol - eh! :D
Glad to see you, stranger!! You must've been visiting a very strange part of the world - you see all those pumpkins lit up everywhere? That's Halloween! Now do you remember?? :D You've been missed...

Nikki, could you spare a :marg: for me? :blush:

Well, all the loot's been sorted, the kiddies are in bed and I'm off to join them in my own... I'm not looking for a repeat performance of last night!

We had lots of fun... our first H'ween in this town, and they sure do it up right. All the houses in town are lit up and decorated, and there's one main street that they actually shut down this year, and you just cruise up and down it and it's side streets, and you've got enough candy for the next 3 Halloweens!! Lots of haunted spots for the girls to go through... pretty cute, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves. We opted out of full costume, though - just did our pirate hats... it didn't feel right if we weren't on Main Street! ;)

Anyway - Happy Halloween to you all - I hope you all had a great night!!

g'night!

Beast_fanatic
10-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Happy Halloween! Boo to you and you and you!

By the way, we had around 70 trick or treaters in the 2 hours that I had the porch light on. :thumbsup:

Yep! I love it!

And yes, we do have the event CD, thanks to Rhonda! :hug:

No, thanks to YOU for all the hard work you did organizing the meets!

Does Blue Light beer come from K-Mart? :D (Does anyone even get that reference?)

DisneyDudet
10-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Does Blue Light beer come from K-Mart? :D (Does anyone even get that reference?)

Yes, like Blue Light Special?
haha.. sorry so short...

drummerboy
10-31-2007, 11:22 PM
I wonder why the kids have stopped coming by for treats ???

I was charging only $1.00 per candy bar I was "giving" out.
HA! They were on to you. I told them you were overcharging when I let them have treats for only $.75.

But of course. DDPI has blue-light specials all the time. (Usually we manage to make a getaway before the blue-lights catch up to us though.)

Do you know how close I came to forgetting my question?

Jared
11-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Did everybody have a nice Halloween? Sorry I wasn't around at all today, but I had to write two stories and cover another soccer game.

Is anybody still awake?

Natazu
11-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Does Blue Light beer come from K-Mart?
:funny::rotfl:

Did everybody have a nice Halloween? Sorry I wasn't around at all today, but I had to write two stories and cover another soccer game.We, uh, missed you sure. It um, wasn't the same thread without you. How was that, sincere? They say you have to be sincere or the Great Pumpkin won't come.

So, I almost hit a possum tonight but then I realized it was just Pogo dressed up as a possum trying to get invited to dinner.

BriarRose0708
11-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Who'll be hungover at work tomorrow? :here:

There's plenty of pizza and :beer: left, come on over!

Natazu
11-01-2007, 02:20 AM
Who'll be hungover at work tomorrow? :here:

There's plenty of pizza and :beer: left, come on over!Work?

disneydeb
11-01-2007, 07:07 AM

We, uh, missed you sure. It um, wasn't the same thread without you. How was that, sincere? They say you have to be sincere or the Great Pumpkin won't come.

So, I almost hit a possum tonight but then I realized it was just Pogo dressed up as a possum trying to get invited to dinner.

We had one toddler dressed as a skunk, but I didn't see a possum all night! We hosted about 60 last night.
Rhonda, you beat us!:D
Did everyone get home safely last night?

pogo
11-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Good morning all and Happy November ! Just think.... snow is just around the corner for us living in the north ! Is everybody ready for it ? Not me....... we are fighting the urge to head south for the winter. :D

Enjoy your day today. After all.... it could be the best day of your life ! :thumbsup:

So, I almost hit a possum tonight but then I realized it was just Pogo dressed up as a possum trying to get invited to dinner.Did it work ? Did I get invited for dinner ? :eat:

Who'll be hungover at work tomorrow?

Let's see..... cold pizza and warm beer..... Wish I could, but some of us do work. ;)

We had one toddler dressed as a skunk, but I didn't see a possum all night! We hosted about 60 last night.
Rhonda, you beat us!:D
Did everyone get home safely last night?We did.... and we only had about 50 T&Ter's last night, not to be confused with T&Ger's !:D

Dsnygirl
11-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Do you know how close I came to forgetting my question?
:scared: Now that would have been scarey!!

:silly:

Good morning all... we're up and out of here early today, so I hope you all have a great morning! I'm sure I'll check in later.

Here are some Halloween pictures (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/Halloween2007), if you'd like to see them!

I've got the coffee on -- anybody have any :mickey: waffles left over??

Caroleh
11-01-2007, 08:13 AM

:haha::rotfl:

Good morning all and Happy November ! Just think.... snow is just around the corner for us living in the north ! Is everybody ready for it ? Not me....... we are fighting the urge to head south for the winter. :D

Did it work ? Did I get invited for dinner ? :eat:

Hey Buddy, I kep telling you that you're are the wrong side of the Lake. It's warmer here and less snow!!!

Doesn't that dinner have to be at WDW?

My DD didn't like me humor yesterday. I asked her if she their English Bulldog up as a deer and put him on the hood of her car for Halloween. do you think I was being mean?

Mickey'sGirl
11-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Just a quick zoop to say hey! :hi:

Mikki -- your July the 4th comment made me mess up my monitor!

Happy Thursday everyone. :mickey:

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

BriarRose0708
11-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Let's see..... cold pizza and warm beer..... Wish I could, but some of us do work. ;)

For your information my beer is always cold!

Work?
So you'll just be hungover then?

drummerboy
11-01-2007, 12:04 PM
I think I have a chocolate hangover.

Anybody see any really original/funny costumes last night? None here.

offwego
11-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey Banker Babe - have you ever heard of a place called Fighting Island? no why does it need financing?

Sure Natalie! I've got Bud Light and Blue Light, red and white wine and maybe a margarita or two. Which would you like? red wine then...I don't do light beer. And what is the point exactly of Amercian Light beer?

I drive places all the time you know! I've put over 300lm on my car in the last 4 days if it helps.

Dsnygirl
11-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi guys! Wow... quiet day around here... what, are we all actually working on stuff??? :D

I hope you've all had a good Thursday... only 5 1/2 hrs. 'til Friday!! :joy: (Which, I suppose, is only good if you're not working the wknd., which I'm not! :woohoo:)

What are everybody's plans this wknd? I actually won't be around here much - I'm taking my mom to Maine (York Beach) for the wknd., and we leave tomorrow morning at 8am, hopefully to be back Sunday by dinnertime. She hasn't been in years & years, and I promised her a wknd away - so we're off in the morning! Can't wait to go back... we're staying at a cute inn on the beach that Dan & I and the girls stayed in for a night this summer... if you ever need a recommendation for an inexpensive place right on the water/beach, let me know!

As for 6 hrs each way in the car w/ my mom??? Well, let's just say she makes this chatty bunch look speechless. :blush: I may not want to talk for days when I get back... ;) (I better be careful what I say... Dan may pay her to take me away more often!! :laughing:)

So - what's for dinner, anything good?

pogo
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
red wine then...I don't do light beer. And what is the point exactly of Amercian Light beer?

I like the taste of Bud Lite better than Budweiser. Have you ever done a comparison test without knowing which one was what ? :blush: It might surprise you. :D

I drive places all the time you know! I've put over 300lm on my car in the last 4 days if it helps. OK.... you win...:yes:... you drive and I'll drink. :thumbsup:

What are everybody's plans this wknd? I actually won't be around here much - I'm taking my mom to Maine (York Beach) for the wknd., and we leave tomorrow morning at 8am, hopefully to be back Sunday by dinnertime. She hasn't been in years & years, and I promised her a wknd away - so we're off in the morning!
Friday evening I've got my "Wedding Co-ordinator" orientation with a 5:00 PM rehearsal. Then, I'm fishing early Satyrday morning. I have to be back by noon because I've got to go to the wedding at 2:00 PM.

Sunday is for God and family.

Enjoy your trip with your Mom..... you never know. :D

disneydeb
11-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Blythe, what beautiful princesses you have! They racked up on the goodies too, didn't they?:D

Pogo, you are gong to be very busy being a wedding coordinator for your church! I wonder when you will encounter your first BRIDEZILLA?:D

Caroleh
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi guys! Wow... quiet day around here... what, are we all actually working on stuff??? :D

What are everybody's plans this wknd?

Okay you guys have been scary quiet today. Is everyone's hands full of candy and you can't type?

I have to work on Saturday and I have stuff to do around the apartment on Sunday. Did anyone know its 29 days until I head to WDW?

pogo
11-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Pogo, you are gong to be very busy being a wedding coordinator for your church! I wonder when you will encounter your first BRIDEZILLA?:DAren't you already married ? :D

Okay you guys have been scary quiet today. Is everyone's hands full of candy and you can't type?

I have to work on Saturday and I have stuff to do around the apartment on Sunday. Did anyone know its 29 days until I head to WDW?
Wow.... only 29 days to go until we demol...... er...... I mean......remodel your house ! :D

drummerboy
11-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Don't you know we can't talk with our mouths full?

Caroleh
11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Wow.... only 29 days to go until we demol...... er...... I mean......remodel your house ! :D

Since I drove past the house tonight, and I see the stairs sitting in the entry hall, I also saw a danger sign in there I don't think the house should be touched. But if you need to demol...er...remodel something, Gilles says the apartment is all yours and anything will be an improvement!!!!

Is that your story? I heard Alex ran away with all the leftover candy. That's why he's been so quiet lately and he blames it on work!!

Dsnygirl
11-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Blythe, what beautiful princesses you have! They racked up on the goodies too, didn't they?:D

Thank you! They'd be very happy to hear you said that. ;) It sure was fun - they had a good time. :princess:

How did you know??? :blush:

Now, how did you know that was my second come-bacK??? Oh... yeah, that's right... I've been around here too long. :blush:

Good night, everyone... I hope you all have a good sleep!! :)

Beast_fanatic
11-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I had to write two stories and cover another soccer game.

Did they win the soccer game?

Just think.... snow is just around the corner for us living in the north ! Is everybody ready for it ? Not me....... we are fighting the urge to head south for the winter. :D

You mean there is something in life that you don't look forward to?

drummerboy
11-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Is that your story? I heard Alex ran away with all the leftover candy.
He left all the caramels behind.

Pogo, did I ever tell you about the time we had two feet of snow in our little corner of the "sunny" South?

Caroleh
11-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Pogo, did I ever tell you about the time we had two feet of snow in our little corner of the "sunny" South?

Ummm, Ken, is all these little stories we're hearing about lately a sign of old age? Do I have to worry about something new?

marlyn
11-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Hmmmm....do I look any older to you guys???:confused::confused:

Did I tell you that I got a new job? I will now be working Monday-Friday from 7am-3pm. Yay!!! No more nights, no more weekends, no more stat holidays! Way better for me, my kids and my parents. I couldn't be happier. I start on Monday. I will be working in the Endoscopy Suite.

Christine
11-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Good evening everyone! I'm taking a break from working on treat bags for Olivia's birthday and soccer parties! :whew:

Happy Birthday Lynne! I'm sorry...this is my first time on the computer all day (today was Canton!! :shop:) Hope your day was great!

Blythe, the girls looked beautiful for Halloween!!

Here is a picture of me and Olivia getting ready to trick or treat.

If you look at the others, you'll see her and Leeann's son (remember Leeann that I brought to the meet?) and then there are shots of JOhn's friend Rock in his 300 Spartan costume. John is quite the photog nowadays...he photoshopped the background to look like the movie! The costume and physique is all Rock. Impressive, isn't it?
Halloween (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2582052500085605958xnbUoW?vhost=good-times)

alpro2
11-02-2007, 06:15 AM
no why does it need financing?

Not exactly sure where you live, but it should be west of you (Candian side of the Detroit River).

I heard Alex ran away with all the leftover candy. That's why he's been so quiet lately and he blames it on work!!
Leftover? There is never any leftover Halloween candy when I am around. :thedolls:

Did I tell you that I got a new job? I will now be working Monday-Friday from 7am-3pm. Yay!!! No more nights, no more weekends, no more stat holidays! Way better for me, my kids and my parents. I couldn't be happier. I start on Monday. I will be working in the Endoscopy Suite.
Happy Birthday and congrats on your new job.

Is it really Friday already?

disneydeb
11-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Christine and Olivia looks like you had a great time Halloween! Did you get a lot of candy? :D

pogo
11-02-2007, 07:29 AM
You mean there is something in life that you don't look forward to? :yes: I don't like snow !

Pogo, did I ever tell you about the time we had two feet of snow in our little corner of the "sunny" South?No you didn't.... please do tell. :blush:

Ummm, Ken, is all these little stories we're hearing about lately a sign of old age? Do I have to worry about something new? What do you mean by soemthing new to worry about ? :confused: You are :old: already ! :D

Hmmmm....do I look any older to you guys???
You look marvelous ! :eyes:

If you look at the others, you'll see her and Leeann's son (remember Leeann that I brought to the meet?) and then there are shots of JOhn's friend Rock in his 300 Spartan costume. John is quite the photog nowadays...he photoshopped the background to look like the movie! The costume and physique is all Rock. Impressive, isn't it?
Halloween (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2582052500085605958xnbUoW?vhost=good-times)
You and Olivia look so cute. And yes, John really did a great job. :D

Is it really Friday already? Yes it is Alex.... great to have you back.

drummerboy
11-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Ummm, Ken, is all these little stories we're hearing about lately a sign of old age? Do I have to worry about something new?
Why you young whippersnapper, I oughta...

Pogo, I think it was '89 when it started snowing two nights before Christmas and quit on Christmas day (a Sunday). Two feet of snow in our neck of the woods is as good as twenty anywhere else as far as road-clearing, so lots of people who planned to do their food shopping on Saturday couldn't get out. Lots of people had wierd Christmas dinners that year.

We also had record low temps at the same time. I was supposed to work as an extra in a film Alan Alda was doing, but it got too cold for their cameras to work, so I missed my chance for stardom.

Mickey'sGirl
11-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Pogo, did I ever tell you about the time we had two feet of snow in our little corner of the "sunny" South?I tell you Ken..... "Did I Ever Tell You..." It would sell.:thumbsup:

Pogo, I think it was '89 when it started snowing two nights before Christmas and quit on Christmas day (a Sunday). Two feet of snow in our neck of the woods is as good as twenty anywhere else as far as road-clearing, so lots of people who planned to do their food shopping on Saturday couldn't get out. Lots of people had wierd Christmas dinners that year. I remember being in London one year, and they got about 2 cm of snow -- the city shut down! The airport was a disaster ... the shop keepers were out in front of their shops sweeping with cardboard.... Maybe I should have given them some good ol' Canadian advice?

I was supposed to work as an extra in a film Alan Alda was doing, but it got too cold for their cameras to work, so I missed my chance for stardom.Did you ever read his book "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed"? It is really really really worth a read.

Did I tell you that I got a new job? I will now be working Monday-Friday from 7am-3pm. Yay!!! No more nights, no more weekends, no more stat holidays! Way better for me, my kids and my parents. I couldn't be happier. I start on Monday. I will be working in the Endoscopy Suite.I'm sending you a ton of :pixie:! Congratulations!

Happy Friday everyone!

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Did I tell you that I got a new job?

Not older, just more mature.(I'm learning that one from Pogo) Congratulations on the new job!!!

Is it really Friday already?

Ummm..er...Alex, I hate to tell you, it's Monday, you missed the weekend.:thedolls:

What do you mean by soemthing new to worry about ? :confused: You are :old: already ! :D

Hey, I'm taking a page out of your book. I'm a six year old in a 49 year old body!! :D ('cause, baby, I ain't 50 yet!!!) I have Peter Pan syndrome, "I refuse to grow up and old!!!"

Is everyone working hard today?

offwego
11-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I like the taste of Bud Lite better than Budweiser. Have you ever done a comparison test without knowing which one was what ? :blush: It might surprise you.
nope..I'm more of a rickers red or stella or similar girl...so not so much on the bud thanks. (but the ads are good)

Not exactly sure where you live, but it should be west of you (Candian side of the Detroit River).
I looked it up..pretty cool. It's more towards windsor then I am (I'm in the same town as Point Pelee so we normally head to Pelee Island from here if we are doing Island exploring).

Lynn, congrats on starting the new job & the birthday!

Does anyone have car pixie dust? DH's wont' start (I think it's the starter as the radio and lights are fine). Yuck!

BriarRose0708
11-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Friday evening I've got my "Wedding Co-ordinator" orientation with a 5:00 PM rehearsal. Then, I'm fishing early Satyrday morning. I have to be back by noon because I've got to go to the wedding at 2:00 PM.

If you run into any young single groomsmen, would you let me know?

Hope everyone has a great Friday!:mickey:

drummerboy
11-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Is everyone working hard today?
Working hard today. Taking off Monday. DW and I have to catch up on a bunch of stuff that just takes a weekday.

Lynne--Congratulations on the new job. Give us updates on how it's going.

Think I'll see what's happening in Happy Friday. Anybody want to come with me?

mouseaddict
11-02-2007, 09:35 AM
nope..I'm more of a rickers red or stella or similar girl...so not so much on the bud thanks. (but the ads are good)

I looked it up..pretty cool. It's more towards windsor then I am (I'm in the same town as Point Pelee so we normally head to Pelee Island from here if we are doing Island exploring).

I can't believe I have found another Rickard's Red fan...that was a staple in University...speaking of, my room mate was from Leamington, your neck of the woods!

Any of you from up north want to trade houses for the winter???? I miss the snow!

offwego
11-02-2007, 10:04 AM
I can't believe I have found another Rickard's Red fan...that was a staple in University...speaking of, my room mate was from Leamington, your neck of the woods!

Any of you from up north want to trade houses for the winter???? I miss the snow!

Small world or what! Leamington is where I live so that's funny. Did he/she ever talk about tomatoes?

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 10:59 AM

Find Pogo, but then you'd be on the wrong side of the Lake!!! :D

Here's a little :pixie: for you DH's car, Natalie!!

Jenn, you've been might quiet lately, everything okay? I'm starting to think you went into hiding with Alex!!!

Mickey'sGirl
11-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Jenn, you've been might quiet lately, everything okay? I'm starting to think you went into hiding with Alex!!!
That's how rumors get started, Sister. I'm just busy at work....and I have been dealing with auditors and prepping for my new employee that comes on Tuesday..... Everything's good though.... except Nat's DH's car that is. ;)

Can anyone tell me, what's the speed of dark?

drummerboy
11-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Isn't it the speed of light squared to the negative minus the cosine of the molecular nebulus?

offwego
11-02-2007, 11:44 AM

That's easy...it's how fast my dh's car is moving. Now who has the coffee today? With Di gone who's going to remind us all to eat?

ElenitaB
11-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Hello all!

Nat, good luck with the DH's car!

Gosh I should have read the thread earlier... pizza for breakfast!

Here are some Halloween pictures (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/Halloween2007), if you'd like to see them!

I've got the coffee on -- anybody have any :mickey: waffles left over??
The Mickey waffles tend to be a weekend thing around here. Do you want some tomorrow morning?

The JQ DDs were adorable: your two and Olivia! Too cute! Did you train them to do a pile for them and a pile for mom and dad? Can't train them too young.

My DD didn't like me humor yesterday. I asked her if she their English Bulldog up as a deer and put him on the hood of her car for Halloween. do you think I was being mean?
No sense of humor... what did you give her for breakfast?

Hi guys! Wow... quiet day around here... what, are we all actually working on stuff???

So - what's for dinner, anything good?
I've been hanging back all morning, recovering from treatment yesterday (feeling very, very fatigued). Probably doesn't help that I had a flu shot too. I'm getting back to work within the hour. (If I'm well enough to post here, I'm well enough to work.)

Dinner will probably at the Outback tonight. The dad of one of Ben's classmates passed away :( and we'll go to the wake (which is right near our local Outback). Ben's feeling pretty fragile as he feels that no one really acknowledged his dad's passing in June.

He left all the caramels behind.
Oh, goodies, I love caramels! How do you pronounce them: two syllables or three?

Hmmmm....do I look any older to you guys???
Not older... better! Hope your birthday was as lovely as we know you are. Still twitterpattered? ;)

:yes: I don't like snow !

Yes it is Alex.... great to have you back.
I don't like the white stuff either! So wish I could move to Florida or maybe to Houston to be near my cousins.

Pogo misses Alex? :faint:

drummerboy
11-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh, goodies, I love caramels! How do you pronounce them: two syllables or three?
Car'm'ls.

Who's up for the Bluegrass Festival this weekend?

mouseaddict
11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Small world or what! Leamington is where I live so that's funny. Did he/she ever talk about tomatoes?

Of course she talked about the tomatoes..she picked them at one point...she loved to point out the Heinze ketchup bottles since they often mentioned Leamington (usually after a few rounds of Rickard's Red)!
You don't know anyone that went to University of Ottawa do you?

Anyone want some of this Halloween candy?.it is making me sick!

dlpmikki
11-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Why you young whippersnapper, I oughta...

Pogo, I think it was '89 when it started snowing two nights before Christmas and quit on Christmas day (a Sunday). Two feet of snow in our neck of the woods is as good as twenty anywhere else as far as road-clearing, so lots of people who planned to do their food shopping on Saturday couldn't get out. Lots of people had wierd Christmas dinners that year.

We also had record low temps at the same time. I was supposed to work as an extra in a film Alan Alda was doing, but it got too cold for their cameras to work, so I missed my chance for stardom.
You deserve one of Rhonda's favourte smilies: :nono: Why? because your old age has led to you missing a question - again! :thedolls:

I remember being in London one year, and they got about 2 cm of snow -- the city shut down! The airport was a disaster ... the shop keepers were out in front of their shops sweeping with cardboard.... Maybe I should have given them some good ol' Canadian advice?

They never listen to advice but you are so right about how everything, especially public transport, just seizes up even at a rumour of snow, let alone a flake actually falling :D

Hello

I've been hanging back all morning, recovering from treatment yesterday (feeling very, very fatigued). Probably doesn't help that I had a flu shot too. I'm getting back to work within the hour. (If I'm well enough to post here, I'm well enough to work.)

Dinner will probably at the Outback tonight. The dad of one of Ben's classmates passed away :( and we'll go to the wake (which is right near our local Outback). Ben's feeling pretty fragile as he feels that no one really acknowledged his dad's passing in June.

Ellen - :pixie: to get you feeling better and for Ben who probably going to find that wake tough going. :hug: all round

offwego
11-02-2007, 12:54 PM
You don't know anyone that went to University of Ottawa do you?

and Carleton too! (cause I lived for about 3 years in Renfrew in the Ottawa Valley)...tres weird.

Personally I can't get over the giant truckloads of them going right into downtown..pretty much done for now though. So we have coffee, candy and waffles tommorow.

Do we have mechanics here too? Since everything else we need is here I might as well ask.

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 01:10 PM
That's how rumors get started, Sister. I'm just busy at work....and I have been dealing with auditors and prepping for my new employee that comes on Tuesday..... Everything's good though.... except Nat's DH's car that is. ;)

Not starting romors, just thought maybe you and Alex were busy plotting something .:thedolls: Like maybe what to do with Pogo!!:D I can help, it might have to do something with snow, but not until after the 10th!!!

Do you want some tomorrow morning?

No sense of humor... what did you give her for breakfast?

I'll take the Mickey waffles, sounds like a good way to start out the day!!!

Didn't feed the DD anything for breakfast, she's 22 and living in Iowa. I just keep trying to make her laugh, she takes life a little to serious.

\Who's up for the Bluegrass Festival this weekend?

Sounds like fun, better then work!! I get to work with Dim and Dimmer!!!:D

Anyone want some of this Halloween candy?.it is making me sick!

I'll take some!!! They don't allow the kids to go door to door in our apartment complex, so we don't have any candy at all!!

What's everyone having for lunch today?

Mickey'sGirl
11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I've been hanging back all morning, recovering from treatment yesterday (feeling very, very fatigued). Probably doesn't help that I had a flu shot too. :pixie: for feeling better Ellen! And some double strength :pixie: for Ben. It must be hard for him. Maybe he should come up for a visit (His mother is welcome too of course)?

You don't know anyone that went to University of Ottawa do you?That would be my cousin Timothy (his is 34, so that was a few years back!)....

Not starting romors, just thought maybe you and Alex were busy plotting something .:thedolls: Just giving you a hard time, Sister!

In honour of you Leamingtonites.....
What's red and goes up and down?

drummerboy
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Do we have mechanics here too? Since everything else we need is here I might as well ask.
Used to do my own car repairs until they put the computers in. Now I'm afraid the computer will holler if I raise the hood.

Can somebody lend me a question I can throw at Mikki? She's being too observant. She even beat Rhonda to the :nono:

offwego
11-02-2007, 02:29 PM
:confused:
:In honour of you Leamingtonites.....
What's red and goes up and down? Ketchup?

Used to do my own car repairs until they put the computers in. Now I'm afraid the computer will holler if I raise the hood.
Well if it won't start how's it going to holler at you?

Mickey'sGirl
11-02-2007, 02:56 PM
What's red and goes up and down?

:confused: Ketchup?

A tomato in an elevator.... :funny: :D Get it?

offwego
11-02-2007, 03:03 PM

allrighty then..We do however have them go up a larger conveyor belt system and then down into a washing basin. (Kinda like a crush & gusher for tomatoes). It's really weird to see this giant thing of tomatoes going up and over all day long. So what are the weekend plans folks? Not much here maybe a movie at home.

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM

So what are the weekend plans folks? Not much here maybe a movie at home.

Pretty boring here, work and sewing, sewing and work.

Should I listen to the voices in my head?

CaptJackSparrow
11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I remember being in London one year, and they got about 2 cm of snow -- the city shut down! The airport was a disaster ... the shop keepers were out in front of their shops sweeping with cardboard.... Maybe I should have given them some good ol' Canadian advice?
Speaking of London...Mid-90's Blythe and I were living in Grand Rapids MI and we went up to London ON for a youth hockey tournament for the team I was coaching. Heading west on the 402 (or 403? whichever route crosses @ Sarnia) and it was snowing so hard I had the lights off and was looking at the yellow line out my driver's side window. We made it out OK, but most of the rest of my team was snowed in for 3 days.

If you run into any young single groomsmen, would you let me know?

Hope everyone has a great Friday!:mickey:
Any significance to the new avatar? Or just representing the local young men that need to be replaced by the previously mentioned "young single groomsmen"?

The Mickey waffles tend to be a weekend thing around here. Do you want some tomorrow morning?

Blythe won't be around (w/e trip w/ her Mom), but the girls and I are in for the morning :thumbsup:

Hope you're feeling better...:)

offwego
11-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Speaking of London...Mid-90's Blythe and I were living in Grand Rapids MI and we went up to London ON for a youth hockey tournament for the team I was coaching. Heading west on the 402

That would be your 402...the 403 runs around the GTA area. Weird how we get so much snow in London area and not so much once you get a chunk west of it isn't it? Hope everyone has a good time this weekend. (And I must be the only one who doesn't see why a tomato in an elevator wouldn't be that odd..either that or I just need more coffee)

Nascfan
11-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Is it Friday yet? No way I can catch up on everything, so let me just say have a great weekend everybody! I hope you're all having a beautiful fall day like here. Daughter and I hit the :golf: course this afternoon, gorgeous deep blue sky, nice warm sunshine.

ElenitaB
11-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi, Scott! Any chance you could send those blue skies and warm temps this way? We're expecting yucky weather this weekend.

:pixie: for feeling better Ellen! And some double strength :pixie: for Ben. It must be hard for him. Maybe he should come up for a visit (His mother is welcome too of course)?
The situation is hard on him, but I've decided to pass on the wake. I'm so fatigued... as for coming to visit, how does next Saturday sound???

Nat and Pogo twisted my arm so we'll be joining you next week!

Mousefever
11-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling so pooped out, Ellen, and that Ben is feeling low too. I hope a quick trip will do you both good.

OK parents! It's two days after Halloween. Time to fess up! What kind of candy do you sneak from your kids' Halloween bag when they're not looking? I tend to sneak Heath bars and Twix. Don't tell the boy...:secret:

Amy

:dory:

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I just recieved an email from my niece with pictures of my grand-niece in her Halloween costume, Pogo, I think your missing a mascot!! She was dressed as a Duck!!! I'll post a picture later on Sunday.

Speaking of ducks, I've been working on a quilt for my grand-nephew, which also has ducks on it. If I didn't know better, I'd think Pogo is sending me telepathic messages. Does anyone want to intercept them for me, I'm tired of ducks?

Ellen, it'll be really fantastic to meet you and Ben!! I hope you'll be doing better by then!!

disneydeb
11-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi, Scott! Any chance you could send those blue skies and warm temps this way? We're expecting yucky weather this weekend.

The situation is hard on him, but I've decided to pass on the wake. I'm so fatigued... as for coming to visit, how does next Saturday sound???

I just recieved an email from my niece with pictures of my grand-niece in her Halloween costume, Pogo, I think your missing a mascot!! She was dressed as a Duck!!! I'll post a picture later on Sunday.

Speaking of ducks, I've been working on a quilt for my grand-nephew, which also has ducks on it. If I didn't know better, I'd think Pogo is sending me telepathic messages. Does anyone want to intercept them for me, I'm tired of ducks?

Ellen, it'll be really fantastic to meet you and Ben!! I hope you'll be doing better by then!!

I wish I could be there with you guys!

Ellen,
I hope you feel better soon. Hugs for Ben too.:hug::hug:

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Shouldn't we be doing reno's on Diane's place, now that she's gone?:D

CaptJackSparrow
11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Is it Friday yet? No way I can catch up on everything, so let me just say have a great weekend everybody! I hope you're all having a beautiful fall day like here. Daughter and I hit the :golf: course this afternoon, gorgeous deep blue sky, nice warm sunshine.
I'm jealous. :envy: I was able to hit the range this week but unable to play. This time of year sunset is so early that you've got to play mid-day even if you've got the weather. What did you shoot?

drummerboy
11-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I almost forgot about this:

1. Our local yacht club had their Stede Bonnet regatta, where they dress like pirates, on the same weekend we had our last oompah gig up in Wilmington.

2. DD1's income-producing job (as opposed to her theater production company) is managing an ice cream shop at the waterfront.

3. DW needed help getting her dirndle zipped for the gig (I was not nearby at the time) so she went to the ice cream shop to have DD1 do it. The shop being at waterfront, there were already several pirates afoot.

4. About the time DW got to the shop, our local state congressman came in for some ice cream.

5. A local person looked at the gathering and said, "Where else but our town could you see three pirates, a congressman, and a lady in a dirndle walking down the street and nobody bats an eye?"

Natazu
11-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Can anyone tell me, what's the speed of dark?The Speed of Dark is a near-future science fiction novel by American author Elizabeth Moon, first published as a paperback in 2002.

1. Our local yacht club had their Stede Bonnet regatta, where they dress like pirates, on the same weekend we had our last oompah gig up in Wilmington.

2. DD1's income-producing job (as opposed to her theater production company) is managing an ice cream shop at the waterfront.

3. DW needed help getting her dirndle zipped for the gig (I was not nearby at the time) so she went to the ice cream shop to have DD1 do it. The shop being at waterfront, there were already several pirates afoot.

4. About the time DW got to the shop, our local state congressman came in for some ice cream.

5. A local person looked at the gathering and said, "Where else but our town could you see three pirates, a congressman, and a lady in a dirndle walking down the street and nobody bats an eye?"
What's a dirndle?

drummerboy
11-03-2007, 06:18 AM
[U] What's a dirndle?
A tradtitional German dress often seen worn by women at Oktoberfests. Not what you'd call everyday streetwear.

I also thought it made the beginnings of a great joke. Three pirates, a woman in a dirndle, and a congressman were coming out of a bar...

Couldn't think of a punchline though.

Everybody ready for Saturday? Don't forget to turn time back tonight.

dlpmikki
11-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Everybody ready for Saturday? Don't forget to turn time back tonight.

Do I need to put my clocks back another hour? ;)

Nascfan
11-03-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm jealous. :envy: I was able to hit the range this week but unable to play. This time of year sunset is so early that you've got to play mid-day even if you've got the weather. What did you shoot?

A lot higher than my daughter. ;) Yes, I stink, but just enjoy being out there with her. Don't you hate the sunset being so early? It's going to be worse after today when we "fall back". Is it too early to be ready for spring?

BronxTigger
11-03-2007, 10:39 AM
A lot higher than my daughter. ;) Yes, I stink, but just enjoy being out there with her. Don't you hate the sunset being so early? It's going to be worse after today when we "fall back". Is it too early to be ready for spring?

No, it's not too early. 8 more months of the school year left GRRR. Is it too early to be ready for summer? :D

BriarRose0708
11-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Any significance to the new avatar? Or just representing the local young men that need to be replaced by the previously mentioned "young single groomsmen"?

hahaha, a little of both. Plus it was the only Thanksgiving avatar I really liked. Why, do you have someone in mind for me Dan?

I had a dream about Disney World last night. Do you think that means I'm going through withdrawl?:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
11-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm hungry. What's for lunch?

BronxTigger
11-03-2007, 02:35 PM

I had a ham and cheese sandwich. I have some ham still left. Would you like some?

dlpmikki
11-03-2007, 02:52 PM
We are going out for dinner shortly - trying a new restaurant (for us) out in a little village called Barnby in the Willows. Do you think it will be nice?

ElenitaB
11-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Woke up after a good night's sleep and felt much better! Thanks, everyone, for the pixie dust and positive thoughts! :hug:

OK parents! It's two days after Halloween. Time to fess up! What kind of candy do you sneak from your kids' Halloween bag when they're not looking? I tend to sneak Heath bars and Twix. Don't tell the boy...:secret:
I snitch Three Musketeers and tootsie rolls, and any caramels he happens to get. :secret:

A local person looked at the gathering and said, "Where else but our town could you see three pirates, a congressman, and a lady in a dirndle walking down the street and nobody bats an eye?"
Greenwich Village? (Except no guarantees that it's a lady in the dirndle.)

A tradtitional German dress often seen worn by women at Oktoberfests. Not what you'd call everyday streetwear.
Back in the day, we used to wear dirndles (I think it was yet another fashion disaster of the late 60s).

We are going out for dinner shortly - trying a new restaurant (for us) out in a little village called Barnby in the Willows. Do you think it will be nice?
The name sounds nice. Was it any good? What did you have?

Later, gators!

disneydeb
11-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I had a dream about Disney World last night. Do you think that means I'm going through withdrawl?:mickey:

I HOPE NOT ! I dreamed about an old boyfriend and his family! I've been happily married for 25 years. :D
Do I need a therapist?

dlpmikki
11-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Woke up after a good night's sleep and felt much better! Thanks, everyone, for the pixie dust and positive thoughts! :hug:

The name sounds nice. Was it any good? What did you have?

Later, gators!

Glad you are feeling better!

We haven't left yet - you only posted 15 minutes after I did ;) I'll let you know when we get back. Would that be OK or should I make something up now? You could salivate over sample menus if you do a search on the Internet and find their website :D

Jared
11-03-2007, 03:30 PM
No, it's not too early. 8 more months of the school year left GRRR. Is it too early to be ready for summer? :D
Better question: Is it even too early for summer?

I went to Lange's Deli and had the Matterhorn sandwich -- chicken cutlet, pesto sauce, munster cheese and tomato on rye toast. What did you eat?

Do I need a therapist?
Do you really want an answer to that one?

Is everybody having a nice Saturday? Barring a miracle in the next nine seconds, the Syracuse football team will lose yet again, this time to Pittsburgh. It's so much more fun to write about a loss than a victory, so I'm looking forward to Monday's paper.

Since I wrote that paragraph, the Panthers officially closed the game.

Beast_fanatic
11-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Why is it more fun to write about a loss than a victory?

For lunch, we went to Abuelo's for Robert's free birthday meal even though his birthday isn't until Monday. I had the half quesadilla al horno (made with steak fajita meat) with papas con chile (cheesy mashed potatoes with chilies). Robert had the Durango burrito (shredded beef burrito covered in queso) also with papas. It was yummy.

drummerboy
11-03-2007, 08:19 PM
DW and I just got in from the day out and got some sad news over e-mail. A friend of ours from both bands who was around our age died in his sleep last night. Quite a shock. We don't have any other details yet.

Don't want to leave everybody on a downer, so who else had gorgeous weather today?

Caroleh
11-03-2007, 08:40 PM
DW and I just got in from the day out and got some sad news over e-mail. A friend of ours from both bands who was around our age died in his sleep last night. Quite a shock. We don't have any other details yet.

Don't want to leave everybody on a downer, so who else had gorgeous weather today?

Sorry to hear about your friend, Ken.

We had sunshine but it's getting to be on the chilly side. Wednesday the high is suppose to be 3 C which translates into about 36 F.

Where's everyone hiding? T&G, Deb, Alex, Pogo and Christine, you've all been too quiet lately. I can come home from work and not have 5 pages to read through.

disneydeb
11-03-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm shopping for waffe irons. Does any one knoew where I can find a Mickey Waffle Iron that once you close the lid , you turn the waffle like the ones on the buffets at WDW?

pjbs35a
11-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Anybody else see LSU (41) beat Alabama (34) ???

Go Tigers !!!

Beast_fanatic
11-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend, Ken. :hug:

Why do you only mention LSU when they win?

ElenitaB
11-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Ken, sorry to hear your news. How sad!

Go Tigers !!!
Did you have a root :beer: float to celebrate?

Rhonda, Robert's birthday meal sounded divine. Mikki, how was the restaurant? Everyone was eating yummy stuff today. Jenny made me yummy chicken and rice for lunch, and lasagna for dinner.

Deb, good luck finding the waffle iron. Mine doesn't flip, and I got it years ago from the Disney catalog. Have you tried eBay?

Tink&Goofy
11-04-2007, 01:37 AM
:hi: Hi guys! Did you miss me? Its been a crazy busy week! I've been working with the big guys this week, and that means long hours, intense work, and exhaustion!! More of the same next week, but hopefully not so exhausting!

I can come home from work and not have 5 pages to read through.
But I LIKE having 5 pages to read through! :D

Weather has been absolutely beautiful! Too bad I've been couped up inside! How are you guys on the eastern shore after the storm that blew through?

Natazu
11-04-2007, 03:05 AM

Go Tigers !!!

LSWho?

I'm for anyone who beats Alabama.

Go Vols!

alpro2
11-04-2007, 07:37 AM
What's on tap for today folks?

drummerboy
11-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Another day of signings at the Bluegrass Festival. Anybody want to grab their gi-tar and come jam?

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 08:20 AM
:hi: Hi guys! Did you miss me?

But I LIKE having 5 pages to read through! :D

I've missed you T & G. Don't get me wrong I like reading 5 pages!! I miss all the chatter.

Oh my gosh!!! It's Alex!!! I thought you were abducted by aliens that liked pink tutus and lime green tube tops. You became their God anf didn't like us little meaningless humans anymore!!:D

Why is it when you gain an hour your still tired?

pogo
11-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Good morning all..... sorry I haven't been around to run the page count up, but I've been real busy. :whew:

Everybody have coffee this morning ? I've left a pot for those that didn't. :thumbsup:

See you tomorrow. :D

pjbs35a
11-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend, Ken. :hug:

Why do you only mention LSU when they win?

Do they ever lose ???

CaptJackSparrow
11-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Last winter I played on Jan 4th, so I thought, "How far can April be?" Then we got hammered (w/ :snowball:, btw) in Feb/March! I'll enjoy the holidays, but then will immediately be looking for spring.

hahaha, a little of both. Plus it was the only Thanksgiving avatar I really liked. Why, do you have someone in mind for me Dan?
Not right now...only one < 25 in my office (w), but I'll keep an eye out for you! :look:

Sorry to hear about your news :sad:

:hi: Hi guys! Did you miss me? Its been a crazy busy week!...How are you guys on the eastern shore after the storm that blew through?
We were pretty nice here in Syr, but Blythe was out on the coast of Maine w/ her Mom and said it was pretty wild...70 mph winds, lot of rain, etc.

Another bday :party: for DD9 and some :fball: where I can catch it. Anybody want to help me clean the house before Blythe gets home? :giveup:

Beast_fanatic
11-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Do they ever lose ???

Wouldn't they be in first place otherwise?

Heading to my brother's for lunch with some of the rest of my family.

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Today is:

Waiting for the Barbarians Day
Daylight Savings Over
King Tut Day

That's it??? You've been gone for what seems like an eternity and we get one lousy question? :humph: Only one cookie for you, young man!

Another bday :party: for DD9 and some :fball: where I can catch it. Anybody want to help me clean the house before Blythe gets home? :giveup:
Happy birthday, little princess! :party: What kind of cake are we having? What did mommy and daddy get you for your birthday? When are they taking you to DisneyWorld?? (Hehehe)

We might be going to the movies today. The choices are: The Nightmare before Christmas, Martian Child and The Bee Movie (which I really don't want to see). Any recommendations? And I have tons of work to do. (Sigh)

BriarRose0708
11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Slow day around Icot today. Where is everyone?

How did you all spend your extra hour?

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM

I made my tshirt to wear to MVMCP on the 4th, and taken a nap. I'm putting off a couple of other projects I need to get done before my trip to WDW. I'm trying to get the DH to open the bottle of Riesling we bought when we went to visit Pogo last weekend. I think Drinking and sewing should be against the law. I might have a sewing machine speeding and swerving around the studio.

Does anyone want any Riesling with me?

Tink&Goofy
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Slow day around Icot today. Where is everyone?

Recovering from last week! Just think - I get to do it all over again this week!

Can you believe it already November? Do you realize that Thanksgiving is only 2 1/2 weeks away? I am taking that week off (I'm going to need it after last week and this next week).
Anyone else already started their Christmas shopping?

Tink&Goofy
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM

:here: Oooh, oooh, oooh - pick me! Course it IS a little early - just lunchtime here. Can you save a glass for later?

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 04:12 PM
:here: Oooh, oooh, oooh - pick me! Course it IS a little early - just lunchtime here. Can you save a glass for later?

of course we will!!!
Can you believe it's only 26 days until we head to WDW?

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Sleeping in! :cloud9:

I think Drinking and sewing should be against the law. I might have a sewing machine speeding and swerving around the studio.
I'd love to see those seams!

Recovering from last week! Just think - I get to do it all over again this week!

Can you believe it already November? Do you realize that Thanksgiving is only 2 1/2 weeks away? I am taking that week off (I'm going to need it after last week and this next week).
Anyone else already started their Christmas shopping?
Sure did! And I have a triple whammy coming up: Ben's 12th bday on the 17th, then Hanukkah, then Christmas! :spend: :spend: :spend: Will I have anything left over for our cruise?

of course we will!!!
Lucky you! Will you miss us whilst you're there?

Where is everyone? Here's some cookies... (rustling bag).

pjbs35a
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM

Have you checked the SEC standings ???

dlpmikki
11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Do you think Ellen will notice I forgot to post until tonight what we ate last night at the restaurant? :secret:

I had a mixed seafood with dressing on a beetroot sald to start while andrew had fresh tomato and basil soup. I then had Fillet steak with a stilton cheese melted on top while andrew had duck breast. I was too full for dessert but Andrew had caramalised fresh pineapple with chocolate malibu sauce. It was all very yummy.

Today we went shopping (mainly window shopping) but did buy some excellent value wine - £3.75 a bottle instead of £9.99. Offer ended an hour after we bought it so we were pleased with that as it is a yummy wine.

trackbarroness
11-04-2007, 06:42 PM
So Mikki how much is that in us dollars? :D
Wow can't believe how many pages the new thread has in it already.

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd love to see those seams!
Lucky you! Will you miss us whilst you're there?

Where is everyone? Here's some cookies... (rustling bag).

I gave up on the idea of sewing for the wine!! Instead I'm learning to digital scrapbook!!!:D

Of course I'll miss all of you while I'm there!!! I won't have anyone to pick on besides the DH and he's a party pooper at times!!!

Ellen, I think that maybe the problem, everyone gave up cookies for Halloween candy.

Is Christine off watching soccer this weekend?

disneydeb
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
LSWho?

I'm for anyone who beats Alabama.

Go Vols!

Did you see me in th AMEN corner of your church this AM? :D

alpro2
11-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Another day of signings at the Bluegrass Festival. Anybody want to grab their gi-tar and come jam?
I'm in. :rocker:

Oh my gosh!!! It's Alex!!! I thought you were abducted by aliens that liked pink tutus and lime green tube tops. You became their God anf didn't like us little meaningless humans anymore!!:D

Take-me-to-your-leader.

:funny:

That's it??? You've been gone for what seems like an eternity and we get one lousy question? :humph: Only one cookie for you, young man!

Oh the people I have met, the places I have seen...:drama:

Only 26 days until we go? Oh, I can't wait.

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Do you think Ellen will notice I forgot to post until tonight what we ate last night at the restaurant? :secret:
Contrary to popular opinion, I can be patient. :angel:

Oh the people I have met, the places I have seen...:drama:
And you're not going to tell us about it?

Having fun, Carol?

I guess everyone is off enjoying their :wine: Aren't you glad you have me as a designated driver? :D

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Take-me-to-your-leader.

Only 26 days until we go? Oh, I can't wait.

You want to see Pogo? He's the leader, leader of what, I don't know, but I figured I could take you to him!!!:D

Are you going back to WDW? :D

Having fun, Carol?

I was until I hit a brick wall and I'm not understanding something. The first layout was really easy, but I'm having trouble with the second one. I'm not getting the marquee thingy. I'm hoping it's just the wine.

Tink&Goofy
11-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I guess everyone is off enjoying their :wine: Aren't you glad you have me as a designated driver? :D
Does that make the rest of us designated drinkers? :D

I'm hoping it's just the wine.
Maybe you just haven't had enough yet! :D

Just about to put the salmon on the grill. Gotta take advantage of the nice weather! Carol, If you still have that glass of wine.....

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Carol, If you still have that glass of wine.....

Sure, here you go :wine:. Do you want some Mickey Mouse shortbread cookies to go with that?

disneydeb
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Carol, What ARE you talking about? :D

Beast_fanatic
11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Have you checked the SEC standings ???

What does the Securities and Exchange Commision have to do with anything?

Aren't you glad you have me as a designated driver? :D

Do you even have a driver license? :drive:

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Carol, What ARE you talking about? :D

I'm trying to do some digital scrapbooking. I'm taking an online class that Ellen told me about. Does that make it clear?

Dsnygirl
11-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi guys... I'm back! Boy, the wknd flew by -- literally, with the winds we had up there -- the waves were crazy big!! But, my mom wanted to see Maine during a storm... well, she sure got her wish!! We spent most of Saturday in the car, driving up and down the southern coast, just taking in the view and popping in and out of little towns. Friday and today were beautiful... chilly and a bit windy, but sunny and nice.

Is it really Sunday night already???

Lynne, the job sounds great -- what a nice schedule. How's the twitterpating going?

Blythe, the girls looked beautiful for Halloween!!

Thanks!

The pic of you and Olivia is great... you both looked cute! And the pictures John did are amazing... he's getting pretty talented!!

The JQ DDs were adorable: your two and Olivia! Too cute! Did you train them to do a pile for them and a pile for mom and dad? Can't train them too young.

Thanks! Now, that's a great idea... I'll have to go create my "pile"!! :D

I hope you're feeling better by now... sending some :pixie: to you and Ben! Sorry to hear he's having a rough time....

OK parents! It's two days after Halloween. Time to fess up! What kind of candy do you sneak from your kids' Halloween bag when they're not looking?
Anything resembling a Reese's pb cup!

Ellen, I am SO excited to hear that!! That is so great... if I'd known there was arm twisting going on, I would have joined right in!! Can't wait to see you!! :clappy:

I wish I could be there with you guys!

So do we... :(

Ken, that is too funny... and what's even funnier is picturing it, knowing it's true. :laughing: Only from you...

Ken, sorry to hear about your friend... :( ... hope you're doing okay!

And no, the weather wasn't gorgeous, but it was amazing!!

How are you guys on the eastern shore after the storm that blew through?
Just fine, thanks! We just got to watch it from the comfort of someone else's home! Much more comforting than worrying about your own!! :blush:

Why is it when you gain an hour your still tired?
Well, in my life it's because the night before you gain the hour, you share a room w/ your mom who, unbenownst to you, snores! Luckily, the woman who owns the inn was kind enough to let us have two rooms the next night, and all was well! But, thank goodness for that extra hour to catch up!!

Anybody want to help me clean the house before Blythe gets home?
What, no one offered renovations??? What's up???

Happy birthday, little princess! What kind of cake are we having? What did mommy and daddy get you for your birthday? When are they taking you to DisneyWorld?? (Hehehe)

Unfort., it was a party for a friend... so no promise of a trip (yet)! Nice try though, Ellen... very much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

I think Drinking and sewing should be against the law. I might have a sewing machine speeding and swerving around the studio.

Now, there's a funny image!! How was that wine???

Phew... catching up on all those pages was exhausting!! Good thing I was only gone two days!!

Hope you're all having a good night... you've all probably posted another page while I caught up!!

disneydeb
11-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm trying to do some digital scrapbooking. I'm taking an online class that Ellen told me about. Does that make it clear?

SURE... you know me+electronic + anything to do with my hands = aproblem. So I best stay away. :D

But I like to see what other people can do...OK?

EVERYBODY: GAGE says HI!
six months old and talking...must take after his Grandma!:D

Christine
11-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey all. Olivia's birthday :party: was today and I must say her party was a huge success. The place we had it did a GREAT job and the girls had a fabulous time. I will post pics soon.

Hey! I found the old question jar! (reaching in...)

"Do you know the way to Santa Fe?"

Tink&Goofy
11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Sure, here you go :wine:. Do you want some Mickey Mouse shortbread cookies to go with that?
Thanks - we had to open up our own bottle.:D In fact, we are about ready to open the second one! :blush: We played gourmet restaurant tonight - salmon on the grill, rice pilaf, steamed brocolli, Josh Groban on the CD, and lots of wine!:D

Hi guys... I'm back! Boy, the wknd flew by -- literally, with the winds we had up there -- the waves were crazy big!! But, my mom wanted to see Maine during a storm... well, she sure got her wish!!
Glad you made it back safe and sound! I was wondering how you guys were doing, when I heard about the storm.

Hey all. Olivia's birthday :party: was today and I must say her party was a huge success.
Happy Birthday Olivia!

No - but I'm sure Pogo does!:D

I can't believe the weekend is over! :( I'm just barely recovered from last week! Another exhausting week to look forward to this week! Hopefully I will have time the check in! The only saving grace is that next weekend is a 3 day weekend (unless I have to work!:(). What does everyone else have going this week?

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Happy birthday, Olivia!
:soccer: :cake: :soccer:

Can I get cookies? With milk, please!

I was until I hit a brick wall and I'm not understanding something. The first layout was really easy, but I'm having trouble with the second one. I'm not getting the marquee thingy. I'm hoping it's just the wine.
Could be... drinking and mousing just might not mix. (I'll PM you.)

Do you even have a driver license?
For more years than I want to admit. :blush:

Ellen, I am SO excited to hear that!! That is so great... if I'd known there was arm twisting going on, I would have joined right in!! Can't wait to see you!!

Unfort., it was a party for a friend... so no promise of a trip (yet)! Nice try though, Ellen... very much appreciated!!
I hate to say it but I must have eaten so many Mickey waffles on this thread this past year, that now I've begun to waffle. After the fatigue this weekend, the stomach er... disturbances, and the promise that my white counts are going to drop, I thought maybe it not the best idea to spend hours and hours on Amtrak. I PROMISE that we'll make it up next spring/summer though.

Hehehehe... I do try to do my part. You do have bdays coming up soon in your family though, don't you?

six months old and talking...must take after his Grandma!:D
But does he have your accent? (I know, "what accent?")

Hey all. Olivia's birthday :party: was today and I must say her party was a huge success. The place we had it did a GREAT job and the girls had a fabulous time. I will post pics soon.
I'm so glad her party went well... did she have a lot of friends there? You didn't cook, did you? (Love ya, Christine! :hug:)

I'll have the coffee ready in the AM and hot oatmeal (it's getting cold out). Who wants some?

Beast_fanatic
11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Happy Birthday Olivia! :party:

I'll have the coffee ready in the AM and hot oatmeal (it's getting cold out). Who wants some?

I eat oatmeal most every morning, so I've got plenty if you run out.

And, I wasn't sure about the driver license since I knew you didn't have a car.

Anyone else off work tomorrow? :D

ElenitaB
11-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Why did you think I don't have a car? Mr. Morrow is going to be so upset (his name is Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, and yes, he's a Saturn. Extra cookies for anyone who gets the reference.) Is it because for a few months I wasn't allowed to drive and therefore it seemed like I didn't have a car? Whilst I was sidelined, he enjoyed some nice "time off" in the garage.

I guess it's time to get some sleep, huh? :sheep:

disneydeb
11-05-2007, 06:37 AM
Chrisine, i'm glad the party went well!

Tell Olivia :birthday::cake::birthday: for us!

Ellen, I hope Gage has my accent! :D

Do I have to go to work today?

pogo
11-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Good morning all and Happy Monday ! :thumbsup:Everybody up and at them today ?

I've got another busy day today and I don't think I'll be around much, but I wanted to say welcome home to Diane! You are home, aren't you ? I hope to like your remodel... we took down all the Stitch stuff and now your house has a "Small World" theme complete with piped in non-stop music of your favorite song.

:sing: Sing along if you know the words....... "it's a small world after all... it's a small world after all....it's a small world after all. it's a small, small world. :D

Happy birthday, Olivia!
:ditto:

After the fatigue this weekend, the stomach er... disturbances, and the promise that my white counts are going to drop, I thought maybe it not the best idea to spend hours and hours on Amtrak. I PROMISE that we'll make it up next spring/summer though.

Ellen.... I'm sorry that you will not be joining us this Saturday, but I also feel you have made the best decision. :yes: None of us would want you to endanger yourself with the germs you would come into contact with while your white blood count drops. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

As I said in an earlier post, we have talked about a meet next summer at Darien Lake and we could combine that with a trip to Niagara Falls for you and Ben.

BronxTigger
11-05-2007, 07:36 AM

Anyone else off work tomorrow? :D

I think you're confusing Ellen with me. I have a driver's license but no car.

I have work off today, but that's only because I called in sick. I'm supposed to be there but I have a no good, very bad cold.

And cantgetenuff....Don't you want to know the way to San Jose, not Santa Fe?

Caroleh
11-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Good Morning, everyone!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Christine,it's great the party went well and tell Olivia Happy Birthday for me.

Ellen, we'll miss you at the meet, but your health is more important.

Is everyone ready for the week?

offwego
11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
So Mikki how much is that in us dollars? :D
Wow can't believe how many pages the new thread has in it already.
more then you might think..your dollar is giving me a lot of work my friends!

Ellen, I am SO excited to hear that!! That is so great... if I'd known there was arm twisting going on, I would have joined right in!! Can't wait to see you!!:!! Is Ellen coming again?

You know I don't. Can you get it via mapquest?

I've got another busy day today and I don't think I'll be around much, but I wanted to say welcome home to Diane! You are home, aren't you ? I hope to like your remodel... we took down all the Stitch stuff and now your house has a "Small World" theme complete with piped in non-stop music of your favorite song. Ellen.... I'm sorry that you will not be joining us this Saturday, but I also feel you have made the best decision. :yes: None of us would want you to endanger yourself with the germs you would come into contact with while your white blood count drops. You will be in our thoughts and prayers..
Is Di back already? And does this mean Ellen isn't coming? I'm so confused. But am still hoping that your feeling better Ellen (and Ben as well) and that regardless your health is working for you and not against you!

Mickey'sGirl
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
We might be going to the movies today. The choices are: The Nightmare before Christmas, Martian Child and The Bee Movie (which I really don't want to see). Any recommendations? And I have tons of work to do. (Sigh)Did you see one? I would like to see Martian Child.....

Anyone else already started their Christmas shopping?Yes....quite a bit actually.... and DH found the last Wii in Durham Region on Saturday...so that's all set....

Sleeping in! :cloud9:
We actually did too! Then we went to Harry's :hockey: game...and they finally won one! It was a terrific game!

Hey all. Olivia's birthday :party: was today and I must say her party was a huge success. The place we had it did a GREAT job and the girls had a fabulous time. I will post pics soon.Happy Birthday Olivia! Tell your Mom I said for her to take you shopping....

I'll have the coffee ready in the AM and hot oatmeal (it's getting cold out). Who wants some? Yes Please..... It is really Monday today if you get my drift.... I missed my train and everything!
Good morning all and Happy Monday ! :thumbsup:Everybody up and at them today ?

Ellen.... I'm sorry that you will not be joining us this Saturday, but I also feel you have made the best decision. :yes: None of us would want you to endanger yourself with the germs you would come into contact with while your white blood count drops. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Mornin' Cousin!

I agree with Cousin, Ellen. You need to look after you first and foremost, and then come for a visit when you can enjoy it more!:thumbsup:

Ellen, we'll miss you at the meet, but your health is more important.See....everyone is saying it, so it must be so. :D

Christine
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Happy birthday, Olivia!
:soccer: :cake: :soccer:

I'm so glad her party went well... did she have a lot of friends there? You didn't cook, did you? (Love ya, Christine! :hug:)

I'm gonna chalk that little zinger up to your new treatment, young lady! ;)
No, the place I had her party was great! They had facials, mani-pedis, and were served finger sandwiches, fruit, cheese, and mints on china with pink lemonade from plastic pink wine goblets. SO foo-foo! SO Olivia!

And cantgetenuff....Don't you want to know the way to San Jose, not Santa Fe?

Hey, it ain't my question jar I got that from! :blush:

Olivia says thanks for all the birthday well wishes! And Jenn, she especially liked your specific instructions for a shopping spree! Especially since we'll be in the Big D this weekend for :soccer:

Rhonda, you been thinking about joining us??

Dsnygirl
11-05-2007, 09:27 AM
six months old and talking...must take after his Grandma!
You said it, we didn't... :D ... give that little cutie a big hug from us!

Hey all. Olivia's birthday party was today and I must say her party was a huge success. The place we had it did a GREAT job and the girls had a fabulous time. I will post pics soon.

:cake: Happy Birthday Olivia! :cake: Glad to know I share a b'day month w/ such a cutie!! That's great that her party was so fun - are the pictures ready yet?? ;)

I can't believe the weekend is over! I'm just barely recovered from last week! Another exhausting week to look forward to this week! Hopefully I will have time the check in! The only saving grace is that next weekend is a 3 day weekend (unless I have to work!). What does everyone else have going this week?
T&G, I sure hope this week is better for you -- I'd hate to think how much wine you'd have to go through next wknd!!

This week, I'm working Mon, Tue & Wed nights, so my week is pretty much sleeping and working until Thursday afternoon. Friday, the girls have a 1/2 day and it's my b'day, so we'll maybe go do something fun and go out to dinner w/ Dan. Today is just "catch-up" day!

I hate to say it but I must have eaten so many Mickey waffles on this thread this past year, that now I've begun to waffle. After the fatigue this weekend, the stomach er... disturbances, and the promise that my white counts are going to drop, I thought maybe it not the best idea to spend hours and hours on Amtrak. I PROMISE that we'll make it up next spring/summer though.

Hehehehe... I do try to do my part. You do have bdays coming up soon in your family though, don't you?

:( Ellen, I'm sad you'll miss the meet, but you're doing the right thing - taking care of you and your health is the number one thing right now. You'll be missed, but we'll just plan the next one sooner rather than later so we can all look forward to it!!

Yup - mine's Friday, but I already got my WDW present last month. Maybe Dan would like a trip for his in December???

I have work off today, but that's only because I called in sick. I'm supposed to be there but I have a no good, very bad cold.

Sorry to hear you're sick... something is going around our house, too, and the girls and I are all sniffly and sore throats. Hopefully, it won't get much worse -- for you, either!! Sending some healing :pixie: your way!!

Well all, I hope you have a nice day -- it's beautiful here today, but chilly. I won't be around much, as the piles of stuff I've got to get through before I head to work just might drown me if I don't get after them. :blush: Somebody send in a life preserver if you don't hear from me by 5pm or so.... :diver:

ElenitaB
11-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Jenn, congrats on the Wii. It really is so much fun. Yesterday we didn't make it out to the movies, but we did make a run to Toys R Us. I gave Ben one of his birthday presents early: a replacement for the DS that broke in September (he was thrilled and I was declared the best mom ever :cloud9:). So last night we hit the store before the games he really wants, sell out. We got Naruto and Drawn to Life for the DS, and Thrillville and another Naruto game for the Wii. And earlier this month I got him Dance Dance Revolution (kinda for me too) and Carnival Games for the Wii. I'll go through his games and see what he's done with. I'll be glad to pass them on to William (does he have a Wii, Nat?) and Harry and Euan. Oh, and I also ordered him a guitar (acoustical) as he's been playing it at school and likes it. For him though, this year it's all about the video games. I'm going into my triple whammy season: Ben's birthday, Hanukkah and Christmas! :eek:

I think you're confusing Ellen with me. I have a driver's license but no car.

That must be it: We New Yawkers all look alike! LOL

Bethany, do you have off tomorrow for Election Day? Sorry you're feeling poorly though. Are you going to the doctor today?

No, the place I had her party was great! They had facials, mani-pedis, and were served finger sandwiches, fruit, cheese, and mints on china with pink lemonade from plastic pink wine goblets. SO foo-foo! SO Olivia!
Our Super Soccer Goalie Girl is into foo-foo stuff? The party sounds like fun though! Could you schedule one for us?

Just so y'all know, I won't be all alone next weekend. Bethany is coming over and we're having a scrapbooking "party."

Well, my tales of shopping have brought me to that all important question ;):

:santa2: What do you want this year from Santa? :elf:

BronxTigger
11-05-2007, 09:48 AM
And earlier this month I got him Dance Dance Revolution (kinda for me too)

Bethany, do you have off tomorrow for Election Day? Sorry you're feeling poorly though. Are you going to the doctor today?

Just so y'all know, I won't be all alone next weekend. Bethany is coming over and we're having a scrapbooking "party."

I can't wait until next weekend! I just might have to try out Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii! LOL ...I'd probably make a fool of myself!

Tomorrow, the kids have off for Election Day. I have to go sit in meetings (about data....BLAH).

And yes, I'm actually leaving to go to the doctor right now. I need to see if this is a sinus infection or just a bad cold, and I also could use the doctor's note. Knowing my doctor's office, I should be back sometime around dark.

Now, where is that question jar? Methinks I need a question!

offwego
11-05-2007, 09:58 AM
. I'll be glad to pass them on to William (does he have a Wii, Nat?) and Harry and Euan. Oh, and I also ordered him a guitar (acoustical) as he's been playing it at school and likes it. For him though, this year it's all about the video games. I'm going into my triple whammy season: Ben's birthday, Hanukkah and Christmas! :eek:

William doesn't have a Wii yet..haven't made up my mind for christmas either. (he's been talking about saving up for it on his own & I don't want to discourage that). He's a playstation 2 & ds junkie.

I want the new Nigella Lawson cookbook (mind you there are three others on my list) and then a ton of "boring" sweaters for work. Shoes can be funky..tops should not.

What's on everyone elses lists?

Mickey'sGirl
11-05-2007, 10:11 AM
William doesn't have a Wii yet..haven't made up my mind for christmas either. (he's been talking about saving up for it on his own & I don't want to discourage that). He's a playstation 2 & ds junkie.

I want the new Nigella Lawson cookbook (mind you there are three others on my list) and then a ton of "boring" sweaters for work. Shoes can be funky..tops should not.

What's on everyone elses lists?Santa is only consenting to the Wii, 'cause the new Lego Star Wars game is only available on XBox, PS3 and Wii (Our guys have PS2). Star Wars video games are Harry's thing ... they really are very very important in his world.

NIgella will be at the Eaton Centre this week.... Wanna guess how many of the book signees will be ogling men????? :eyes:

BriarRose0708
11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, my tales of shopping have brought me to that all important question ;):

It sounds weird but I would like a new vacuum cleaner. A Dyson Ball, actually. Mostly I get money from my family and I use it for work clothes.

I want the new Nigella Lawson cookbook

That too! I love Nigella, she was on Regis and Kelly this morning.

What gifts are you all buying for people on your list?

My mom is getting a new computer and my sister is getting Gilmore Girls seasons 2 and 3. Don't know about my dad yet. I am working on knitting hats and scarves for friends and co-workers.

disneydrmr
11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I've got another busy day today and I don't think I'll be around much, but I wanted to say welcome home to Diane! You are home, aren't you ? I hope to like your remodel... we took down all the Stitch stuff and now your house has a "Small World" theme complete with piped in non-stop music of your favorite song.

:sing: Sing along if you know the words....... "it's a small world after all... it's a small world after all....it's a small world after all. it's a small, small world. [/CENTER]

Is Di back already?

I'm back! Did anyone really miss me? What's been going on that I didn't come home to 100 + pages to catch up on? You guys haven't been that chatty since I left...

I thought of all of you while I was gone and in the JQ thread's honor my breakfast on Thursday, at the Denver airport was... :drum: chocolate chip cookies and milk! I had a GREAT time! Disneyland is AWESOME!!! MAGICAL!!! WONDERFUL!!! The Halloween decorations were still up on our arrival on Thursday. They were great! Then on Friday they were down and Christmas stuff was going up! The Haunted Mansion was AWESOME in all it's Nightmare before Christmas glory! Space Mountain is definitly better in DL! And I got to do a virtual phone call with Stitch! He even sang happy birthday to me, he sang "Hound Dog" to me.. AND told me that I was one in a million! WAIT! Why am I telling you all this? You guys will just have to wait till I post my trip reports and read all about it there!

Beast_fanatic
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Why did you think I don't have a car?

Because you said something about not having a need for the INTERCOT window decals. :confused:

I don't know. I wouldn't mind a Wii, but I'm not sure that's in the budget.

I am working on knitting hats and scarves for friends and co-workers.

I thought you only knitted square things. Are the hats square?

I'm back!

Welcome back! Glad you had fun!

Dsnygirl
11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm back! Did anyone really miss me? What's been going on that I didn't come home to 100 + pages to catch up on? You guys haven't been that chatty since I left...

I thought of all of you while I was gone and in the JQ thread's honor my breakfast on Thursday, at the Denver airport was... :drum: chocolate chip cookies and milk! I had a GREAT time! Disneyland is AWESOME!!! MAGICAL!!! WONDERFUL!!! The Halloween decorations were still up on our arrival on Thursday. They were great! Then on Friday they were down and Christmas stuff was going up! The Haunted Mansion was AWESOME in all it's Nightmare before Christmas glory! Space Mountain is definitly better in DL! And I got to do a virtual phone call with Stitch! He even sang happy birthday to me, he sang "Hound Dog" to me.. AND told me that I was one in a million! WAIT! Why am I telling you all this? You guys will just have to wait till I post my trip reports and read all about it there!

Welcome home, Di!! I'm so glad to hear you had such an awesome time... I can't wait to read your trip reports!!
And I'm so jealous.... I'd love to have Stitch sing to me!! :D
Yes, you were definitely missed... it's been very quiet around here.

As far as all the Christmas questions... I have one big answer.... ?????????

I have no idea what I want... I've got ideas for the girls, but for everybody else??? Nada. I'm so far behind on the ideas part of the program compared to normal... I think between our WDW trip and really enjoying Halloween this year, it's just not even been on the radar. Plus, this is our first Christmas in 5 years in a new place, so it just doesn't feel right, somehow. But hey, we're supposed to get some form of snow on Wednesday (:confused::() so maybe that will put me more in the mood to think about it. :)

How's everyone's day today??

BriarRose0708
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I thought you only knitted square things. Are the hats square?
A fine observation. I found a pattern for a hat that's not knit in the round. When you shape the crown you decrease on a straight needle, then sew the sides together to form the hat. It's very simple but the pattern is pretty.

It's supposed to snow this week here, too! I don't know if I'm happy or annoyed about that.

How has your day been? Did you get everything done that you needed to?

I am on :cloud9: because my boss brought Lindor Truffles to staff meeting today! Does anyone else like those?

oh, and WELCOME BACK Di!!!

ElenitaB
11-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Happy birthday, Robert!(EarForceOne and Rhonda's DH)
:marg: :birthday: :marg:

Because you said something about not having a need for the INTERCOT window decals. :confused:
Are you trying to get me in trouble with John?

Welcome back, Di! So you all had a good time? You're not crying for Stitchie Poo, are you? Did you get your plush of him?

Where is everyone else? Today is a super busy day for me, but someone made me come over and log on.

disneydrmr
11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Welcome back, Di! So you all had a good time? You're not crying for Stitchie Poo, are you? Did you get your plush of him?

Yes, we had a GREAT time! No, I'm not crying for Stitchie Poo.... we had some wonderful moments together.. he even tried to help me blow out my birthday candles! No, didn't get a plush.. he really wasn't as popular at DL as he is in WDW. NO shirts with him at all.. and only a couple of plush toys. He's not even on the wake up call. I bought a key chain of him, and got a Stitch Magic straw.. that's about it.

Does anyone wanna see pics of me with Capt. Jack Sparrow? (and my sis Deb with him) If so pm me your email addy and I'll 'share' the photo pass with you. We only have four pics on it (two of deb with him and two of me with him).. my friend has our 'official' photo pass card....

offwego
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
NIgella will be at the Eaton Centre this week.... Wanna guess how many of the book signees will be ogling men?????
Lots..what with her magic sweaters!

My brother will get home depot gift cards. Which is funny as that's what we gave him last year. (they just bought a new house & last year there then new home had been there's for a year and they could paint). DSIL will likely get some bath stuff and perhaps a sweater, DM normally work clothes, not sure about my step-dad. William and Matt both want video games (of which we have one of Williams), my nephews stuff is all done thank goodness.

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1466655]I'm back! Did anyone really miss me? What's been going on that I didn't come home to 100 + pages to catch up on? You guys haven't been that chatty since I left...
! We sure did miss you! I'm so glad you had a good time. Did you record the phone call?

Beast_fanatic
11-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Happy birthday, Robert!(EarForceOne and Rhonda's DH)
:marg: :birthday: :marg:

Are you trying to get me in trouble with John?

Robert said to tell you thank you for the birthday wishes!

And, do you really think John ever checks in on JQ? ;)

BronxTigger
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Yes, we had a GREAT time! No, I'm not crying for Stitchie Poo.... we had some wonderful moments together.. he even tried to help me blow out my birthday candles! No, didn't get a plush.. he really wasn't as popular at DL as he is in WDW. NO shirts with him at all.. and only a couple of plush toys. He's not even on the wake up call. I bought a key chain of him, and got a Stitch Magic straw.. that's about it.

The curious thing about your observation is that my first encounter with Stitch was at DLR back in 2002. It was before the movie came out and they were advertising him everywhere. My first Stitch plush (a little one...perhaps 7") was purchased at a gift shop in DLR or DCA.

When will you post your trip report? I'm planning a trip to DLR next summer and I'm starting to read everything I can about the place....I've been three times but my memories of all 3 trips are foggy. Any tips?

dlpmikki
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
I am confused. Ok, so nothing new! Icot Deacls?

I went playing tennis today (3 very comprehensive sets wins) then went out to a bonfire/firework party tonight. Did we cover celebrating somone trying to blow up Parliament?

Caroleh
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
When in Dec. is Dan's birthday? Since I'm going for my birthday I can celebrate for Dan also!!!!:D

[quote=ElenitaB;1466373]Just so y'all know, I won't be all alone next weekend. Bethany is coming over and we're having a scrapbooking "party."

The scrapbooking party sounds fun, Ellen!!

For Christmas, my DD just gets money, but this year she'll get a few things from WDW. I'll probably send them from there to her, since she lives in Iowa. The DH never wants anything, so he'll get a gift card for some shirts and pants for work. As for me, I really don't want anything, the house will be enough and the trip to WDW.

We have the same problem here, only it's my birthday, Hanukkah and Christmas!

We aren't talking about my day, today. I had a little breakdown when my delivery guy left.:(

Welcome home, Di!!! I really missed you!!! It's really neat that you had Stitch sing to you!!!! How was your birthday?

Dsnygirl
11-05-2007, 08:45 PM
How has your day been? Did you get everything done that you needed to?

My day was pretty good, thanks! Yes, I got most of my stuff done... the rest will just have to wait a bit I think!

Does anyone wanna see pics of me with Capt. Jack Sparrow? (and my sis Deb with him) If so pm me your email addy and I'll 'share' the photo pass with you. We only have four pics on it (two of deb with him and two of me with him).. my friend has our 'official' photo pass card....
Yup! I'll PM you right after this... :cloud9:
(Hey, now that I think about it... how'd you get a pic with my DH?? :))

When in Dec. is Dan's birthday? Since I'm going for my birthday I can celebrate for Dan also!!!!:D

Dan's b'day is the 8th... be sure to ride Space & Splash for him!

(What, pray tell, did you delivery man deliver?? I must have missed something there... )

pjbs35a
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
What's In A Name ???

Nearly 3,500 Chinese named 'Olympics'

BEIJING - The upcoming Beijing Olympics is more than just a point of pride for China — it's such an important part of the national consciousness that nearly 3,500 children have been named for the event, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Most of the 3,491 people with the name "Aoyun," meaning Olympics, were born around the year 2000, as Beijing was bidding to host the 2008 Summer Games, the Beijing Daily reported, citing information from China's national identity card database.

The vast majority of people named Aoyun are male, the newspaper said. Only six live in Beijing. The report didn't say where the others live.

Names related to the Olympics don't just stop with "Olympics." More than 4,000 Chinese share their names with the Beijing Games mascots, the "Five Friendlies."

The names are Bei Bei (880 people), Jing Jing (1,240), Huan Huan (1,063), Ying Ying (624) and Ni Ni (642). When put together, the phrase translates to "Beijing welcomes you!"

Chinese have increasingly turned to unique names as a way to express a child's individuality.

In a country with a population of 1.3 billion, 87 percent share the same 129 family names. That's why 5,598 people have the same name as basketball player Yao Ming and 18,462 share a moniker with star hurdler Liu Xiang, according to the Beijing Daily report.

Parents have turned to unusual combinations of letters, numbers and symbols when choosing their child's name, Li Yuming, deputy director of the National Language Commission, told the Xinhua News Agency in an August interview.

At least one couple wanted to call their child "1A," he said, while others use the e-mail address symbol (at), which in Chinese is pronounced "Aita," meaning "love him."

Caroleh
11-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Dan's b'day is the 8th... be sure to ride Space & Splash for him!

(What, pray tell, did you delivery man deliver?? I must have missed something there... )

I'll make sure we do that!! My birthday is the 4th.

The delivery guy brought in 29 boxes of stuff today, out of those 29 boxes, 21 were drapery panels. I have every inch of hidden space in my store full of drapery panels and I can't hide any more. There's no room on the sales floor because I have no available space. I lost it and just began to cry, which I usually don't do, but for some reason I did today. I did invent a new hiding place...I have even less room in my office now. I'm getting lucky if I can sit at my desk. I think what the bigger problem is, I need a vacation. I haven't had any time off since I went to WDW last year in May, and I'm starting to feel it. Do you think that could be it?

Dsnygirl
11-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I'll make sure we do that!! My birthday is the 4th.

The delivery guy brought in 29 boxes of stuff today, out of those 29 boxes, 21 were drapery panels. I have every inch of hidden space in my store full of drapery panels and I can't hide any more. There's no room on the sales floor because I have no available space. I lost it and just began to cry, which I usually don't do, but for some reason I did today. I did invent a new hiding place...I have even less room in my office now. I'm getting lucky if I can sit at my desk. I think what the bigger problem is, I need a vacation. I haven't had any time off since I went to WDW last year in May, and I'm starting to feel it. Do you think that could be it?
Yup - I'm thinking you definitely need a vacation!! Pretty soon, you'll have to sit on the boxes at your desk instead of a chair!! ;)

Where is everyone tonight??? Is this what happens around here as the holidays approach? Please don't tell me any of you are out Christmas shopping, I'll just cry.... :sob:

Caroleh
11-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Where is everyone tonight??? Is this what happens around here as the holidays approach? Please don't tell me any of you are out Christmas shopping, I'll just cry.... :sob:

I'm here Blythe, I just got the laptop back from Gilles. I don't feel like sitting at the desktop!!!

I think we need to give a few of the guys a hard time. I think we need to think of perfect gifts for everyone, Blythe. Like I think Jym needs a possum cookbook. What should we get Pogo?

Beast_fanatic
11-05-2007, 10:01 PM

Nope, no Christmas shopping here. I had to take Robert out for his birthday dinner. So, now I'm miserably stuffed and sleepy.

Do I really have to go to work tomorrow?

ElenitaB
11-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I think what the bigger problem is, I need a vacation. I haven't had any time off since I went to WDW last year in May, and I'm starting to feel it. Do you think that could be it?
It more than likely is. I'm glad you can get some time off before the holidays and the big shopping season. I do have a question for you though: why would they send curtains? Are window coverings a big item in the holiday season? :confused:

I just finished working a little while ago (formatted a newsletter, did two animations, managed mailing lists, did a special issue of my newsletter but didn't get to write three articles for our internal environmental newsletter. That little task will be tomorrow's fun and games). I'm tired.

Are you working tonight, Blythe?

No, I give you the day off (to go vote). Do you want a note? ;)

Tink&Goofy
11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
T&G, I sure hope this week is better for you -- I'd hate to think how much wine you'd have to go through next wknd!!
Exhausting and stressful, but definitely better than last week! The bigger problem is we are out of wine! :jaw:

What do you want this year from Santa?
For once, I really don't have any particular thing! I'm sure I can think of something...:D

What gifts are you all buying for people on your list?
My parents and my in-laws are each getting a digital frame, with all our Disney trip pictures (and other) loaded on it!

I'm back! Did anyone really miss me? I had a GREAT time! Disneyland is AWESOME!!! MAGICAL!!! WONDERFUL!!!
We all missed you - welcome back! Glad you had a good time! I can't wait to read your trip report.

I am on :cloud9: because my boss brought Lindor Truffles to staff meeting today! Does anyone else like those?
:yes: Dark chocolate and chocolate mint!

I think what the bigger problem is, I need a vacation. I haven't had any time off since I went to WDW last year in May, and I'm starting to feel it. Do you think that could be it?
Definitely - a trip to WDW should do the trick! :D

What should we get Pogo?
How about a hot air balloon? :D

If I do, you do too! :yes:

Does anyone have any wine?? :blush:

Caroleh
11-05-2007, 10:28 PM
It more than likely is. I'm glad you can get some time off before the holidays and the big shopping season. I do have a question for you though: why would they send curtains? Are window coverings a big item in the holiday season? :confused:

By the of November, our big shopping season is over. It works differently in the fabric business. We have to have out Christmas fabrics out early for people who make things for craft sales and Christmas gifts. So now they are looking for Jan/ Feb. sales. Around that time people are looking into sprucing up their homes to get over the winter oh-hums. Also in this day and age a lot of people no longer sew, so sales are actually in the pre-made drapery panels. The owner of the corporation gets a bright idea and goes crazy filling up the stores with his ideas. In the most part it's okay for most of the stores, they have a backroom, I don't have that privilage. I'm the smallest store in the company with only 4500 square feet where the next smallest has 7500. I get the very same things as the 7500 sq. ft. store only I get to squeeze all that into 4500 sq. ft. Aw, the wonders of being a manager. Most of the time I make it work!!

Did I bore everyone now?:D

Caroleh
11-05-2007, 10:33 PM
The bigger problem is we are out of wine! :jaw:
How about a hot air balloon? :D

WHAT? You're out of wine? There should be a law against that!!! I have a couple of bottles, but they are both red wines. Both Italian wines.

I was thinking about getting him a hot air balloon, so that's a plan. What should we get Alex?

Dsnygirl
11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Nope, no Christmas shopping here. I had to take Robert out for his birthday dinner. So, now I'm miserably stuffed and sleepy.

Where'd you go, and what did you have?? (Can I live vicariously through you and Robert? We just had a plain old/plain old dinner, although it was yummy...)
Nope, I'll have one of our docs write you a note... "sorry, she can't come in, she's overstuffed...." :D

Are you working tonight, Blythe?

Yup - here I am... this will be my home away from home 'til Thursday at 7am. (Okay, well I do get to be w/ my family from 3:30 to 6:30 each day, but it never seems like enough time... :() But, then I'm off 'til next Tuesday - happy, happy, joy, joy! :yay:

Exhausting and stressful, but definitely better than last week! The bigger problem is we are out of wine!

My parents and my in-laws are each getting a digital frame, with all our Disney trip pictures (and other) loaded on it!

Does anyone have any wine??
I do, but it's home... sad and lonely and missing me... :D Wouldn't work to well to bring it here!! :blush: You'd better get out to the store... how late do yours stay open?? :walk: :skate:

We're thinking of getting my MIL the same thing (a digital frame) ... have you heard any are better than others?

I was thinking about getting him a hot air balloon, so that's a plan. What should we get Alex?
Hmmm... that's a tough one... I'll have to think on that awhile. Pogo's and Jym's are great, though! :thumbsup: