PDA

View Full Version : Disney Memory Photopass Book

DDuck66
10-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Just wondered what people think about the Disney Memory Book on the photopass website. We tried it for the first time and it was really great. We were able to use all of the photopass pictures, the Disney pics, and we uploaded many of our own pictures. I was worried that the book might not have the highest quality...but they book turned out to be "coffee table picture book" quality. I cannot wait for our next trip so that we can make a gift of one for my parents!! I was very happy with the purchase. It comes with 20 pages with up to 4 pics per page. You can add extra pages for about $1.50 per page. It was well worth the $69.95!!!!

Disneyatic
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I just ordered our book on Friday so I am very excited to hear how cool they are!
I can't wait to get ours. The only thing I wish I would have done was upload some of our own photos to include with it, but I forgot and had to hurry and order before it expired!

Thanks for the feedback!

DizNee143
10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
i cant wait to get back from disney (and i havent even left for it yet..lol) so i can get one of these books!! they sound soooo cool!! :mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
10-22-2007, 11:25 AM
The books are really neat...it's a great souvenir to have and keep forever. They really are like your own coffee table books. It's a little tedious and time consuming to upload your own photos and then design it and put it together but its worth it.

mjaclyn
10-22-2007, 02:08 PM
I just recently ordered a Deluxe Photopass book to remember our DD's first trip to WDW!! I absolutely LOVE the book although from the way it looked on the website I thought there were actual photos in the book, not just pictures printed on each page. It's SUPER easy to design and I love all of the different themed pages you can choose from. Ours was vintage WDW. We're going back in Jan. with DH's side of the family and he said we have to do another one for that trip! I'll definitely take more pictures next time. :)

TBY2225
10-22-2007, 04:30 PM
I just got my Deluxe Photopass book on Saturday and I love it! It was so much fun to do and I loved the fact that I was able to use 14 photopass pictures and some of mine own and only had to pay the set price. It was fun having the Disney backdrops and as others have said it is very high quality! I love it and highly recommend it! Everyone that has seen it has been very impressed!

teambricker04
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I just got an email about the preorder on the Photopass CD. After all the great reviews, we have decided to do it. I had seen the info on the photo book, and I may just have to do that as well when we get home. That's a great price! I am glad to hear they turn out really neat.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
We ordered our book last week too. We used both the Photopass pics and our own. I can't wait to see it.

For those that have received yours...How long did they take to arrive?? Just curious.

gerald72
10-22-2007, 05:59 PM
We ordered our book last week too. We used both the Photopass pics and our own. I can't wait to see it.

For those that have received yours...How long did they take to arrive?? Just curious.

I returned home from WDW on a Saturday, ordered the book on Monday, and it arrived Friday. So, to answer your question: 4 days.
I was totally impressed with the quality of the book.

LovinWDW
10-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Do you have to order the book prior to leaving for your trip like you do the cd?

mickey-mouse35
10-22-2007, 09:20 PM
We're leaving Saturday, and I definitely want one of these books. What's the difference between the book and deluxe book? Also, can those of you who have send me an email with what your cover and a few of your favorite pages look like? Want to get an idea of what to do. I've never scrapbooked before! :)

mickey-mouse35
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
oooh, that was my 400th post! :mickey:
Another question--can you ever get coupons for the scrapbook or just the CD? :thanks:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Do you have to order the book prior to leaving for your trip like you do the cd?

No, we ordered ours when we got back.

McGoofy
10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I can't say enough good things about the memory book!!:thumbsup: We were at Disney back in May, and I made my first book after that trip.

Our family got one Photopass the very first day that we were in the park. We used it everywhere and just kept adding the photos at all of the parks on to the one pass. We got great family pictures in front of all the park icons, in front of rides, with characters, etc. At EPCOT, photographers were always available at the different countries. We nabbed one photographer to get candid shots of our son participating in the ladybug release during the Flower Festival at EPCOT. Needless to say, we got several excellent professional photos, and we were able to get our entire family in many of them (since nobody had to sit out to take the picture!). When we got home, we could type in the one Photopass number and look at all of the great Photopass pictures online for 30 days. (This part is completely free. You can even e-mail them for others to view for 30 days.) I decided to try the new Photopass album. Basically, it is digital scrapbooking. I chose the deluxe so that I could upload my own photos that we had taken on our camera plus have access to all of the Photopass photos. In addition, you also have access to stock photos that they have of various places at WDW. I arranged them in an album with the layouts and Disney backgrounds that I chose. I was able to add my own captions. On the Photopass photos I could even add park icons, character autographs, dates, etc... I ran over the page limit, so I did have to buy additional pages. However, with all of the extra pages, tax, and shipping my total was $87, much cheaper than the CD. (I just can't print the photos or e-mail the photos.) After I finished my album, it arrived at my house just 6 days later. It is absolutely beautiful. It is in an engraved navy blue leather bound cover. In fact, it is printed by Josten's--the famous yearbook printers. The pages turned out wonderful, and I have some of the best photos ever from any of our Disney trips. It is in my opinion, the best souvenier that I could ever have!:thumbsup:

scootch713
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
You can also do similar books online like shutterfly, without the disney backgrounds, but much cheaper. I do one every year for my girls(when I was one.. when I was two, ect....)