PDA

View Full Version : Using the Disney Visa to pay for your trip question

ljv1975
10-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Does Disney offer any discounts or specials if you use the Disney Visa to pay for your vacation? I am new to all of this - I hope this is the right place to ask this question. :confused: Thanks!

Mickey 101
10-22-2007, 12:06 AM
From time to time, they run special offers to Disney Visa cardholders which are received along with the billing. Other than that, there are no offers that I'm aware of. The girls at Magical Journeys would know of any current discounts available. If nothing else, at least you're building up points to be used for something fun once you get to WDW!

LibertyTreeGal
10-22-2007, 03:23 AM
Not for paying with it -- except that you get 6 months to pay it off -- but BEWARE! That isn't 6 months, no payments, same as cash, you still need to make a minimum payment each month. It's a bit on the deceptive side, in that the deal isn't what it looks like on the surface, and Disney Visa has no grace period, so you can't be late or you will get nailed big time.

DDuck66
10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Since I am a big on budgeting, we usually have the cash available for out trips. I charge the trip and then immdediately pay it off. The 6 months interest free is not that big a deal, but I really want the big hit for the points!!!!

Disneytravels
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
With Disney VIsa you normally get 6 month intrest free- you still have a payment and like they said if you are late- Slammed with charges. Also most promotions come out to Disney Visa members 3 days early for you to book before the public(non card members) plus you get reward points for every 100.00 you charge on the card. 100.00 = 1 point. 1 point = 1 disney dollar basically. We use ours to build disney points and pay it off every month- hate CC debt- when we were young we had alot- so now we try to have none. Even if we have all the money for the trip I still charge it and pay it as soon as the bill comes. But it gives me points.. not much but better than nothing right.. every dollar counts..lol.

brownie
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
We use ours to build disney points and pay it off every month- hate CC debt- when we were young we had alot- so now we try to have none. Even if we have all the money for the trip I still charge it and pay it as soon as the bill comes. But it gives me points.. not much but better than nothing right.. every dollar counts..lol.

That's what we do; it doesn't make sense to generate points when you're paying a whole lot more in interest.

If you check out the Disney VISA Rewards site, it will tell you the different offers available for Disney VISA cardholders at Walt Disney World. The 6 months no interest has been pretty standard, but I think it may only apply to vacation packages.

IloveDisney71
10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
With Disney VIsa you normally get 6 month intrest free- you still have a payment and like they said if you are late- Slammed with charges. Also most promotions come out to Disney Visa members 3 days early for you to book before the public(non card members) plus you get reward points for every 100.00 you charge on the card. 100.00 = 1 point. 1 point = 1 disney dollar basically. We use ours to build disney points and pay it off every month- hate CC debt- when we were young we had alot- so now we try to have none. Even if we have all the money for the trip I still charge it and pay it as soon as the bill comes. But it gives me points.. not much but better than nothing right.. every dollar counts..lol.
We do exactly the same thing, for exactly the same reason. :)

Goofy Pluto
10-22-2007, 02:00 PM
OK, you all have me nervous now...

We JUST paid for our trip with our Disney Visa thinking it was interest free for 6 months with no payments. What should I expect as far as the payments now?

Thanks.

IloveJack
10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
From our balance/payments, I would guess that your monthly payment will be about 25% of your total balance. Of course, that's not set in stone, but we're still within the 6 mo. period of opening the account, and that's what our payment is running.

LibertyTreeGal
10-23-2007, 09:14 AM
OK, you all have me nervous now...

We JUST paid for our trip with our Disney Visa thinking it was interest free for 6 months with no payments. What should I expect as far as the payments now?

Thanks.

I just pulled out one of my old bills and saw that it was $30/month for our $1500 Disneyland trip. Disney Visa is very misleading, so make sure you cross your T's and dot your i's. Not sure if it is a percentage (that would be roughly 2%) or a set amount because we didn't use it this time.

Goofy Pluto
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
I just pulled out one of my old bills and saw that it was $30/month for our $1500 Disneyland trip. Disney Visa is very misleading, so make sure you cross your T's and dot your i's. Not sure if it is a percentage (that would be roughly 2%) or a set amount because we didn't use it this time.

OK. WHEW! Thanks for that response. I can handle about $30 a month. If I had to pay it off in 1/6th increments or something, that would be difficult. Thanks.

luvdiznee
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Since I am a big on budgeting, we usually have the cash available for out trips. I charge the trip and then immdediately pay it off. The 6 months interest free is not that big a deal, but I really want the big hit for the points!!!!

Same here. Got 76 points so far for our December trip. And that's not even counting the charge for the trip itself. :mickey: