PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to a very early breakfast?

alliecat
10-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone! We are staying at the VWL Oct. 25th to Nov. 4th and we have a breakfast planned for 7:20 am at Chef Mickey. We will not have our car with us this trip. How do we get there? Do the boats run this early? I am very nervous about this reservation, I don't want to be late. Any feedback would be greatly appriciated.

4 DAYS!!!!!!(sorry, I couldn't help myself)

Alice

BronxTigger
10-21-2007, 11:41 AM
You may need to take a taxi. From the VWL to the Contemporary it should not be too much...under $10 I would think.

BugeyedMuggy
10-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Check for early entry to MK park the day of your breakfast. The boats will definately be running then. They also have little ones early entry days. Your hotel concierge can help you.

TammiMcMan
10-21-2007, 02:00 PM
According to one of the boat drivers, the blue flag boat starts between 6:30 and 6:45am. This one serves the CR, FW and WL. You should have no problem making your ADR time.

Maleficent's Dad
10-21-2007, 07:39 PM
According to one of the boat drivers, the blue flag boat starts between 6:30 and 6:45am. This one serves the CR, FW and WL. You should have no problem making your ADR time.
Tammi,
We had a problem in August - the blue flag boats didn't start running until 7:30!!! We were at the dock around 7 - and we were quite lonely until a boat showed up 1/2 an hour later. That CM told us that none of the boats start until 7:30 unless there's an early entry at the MK.
Everyone else must have known about this, as my family was the only one down on the dock!

TammiMcMan
10-21-2007, 07:59 PM
That's very strange. Which boat dock were you at and where were you trying to go? I'll ask him if he knows what was going on that time that delayed them. According to his schedule I have the following info for a typical day:

(GOLD FLAG) runs from the MK to the GF and Poly from 8:30am to 45 minutes after the MK closes.

(GREEN FLAG) serves the MK, WL and FWC begins running each day at 8:30am until 1 hour after the MK closes.

(BLUE FLAG) on Bay Lake serving the CR, WL and the FWC begin service at 6:45am until 11:30pm.

Maleficent's Dad
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
That's very strange. Which boat dock were you at and where were you trying to go?
Tammi,
It was the later part of August - somewhere during the very last week. We were at the VWL and walked down to the WL ferry dock. (We're very familiar with the area, so we were at the right place!)

We were heading to CR for the "Chef Mickey's insanity." ;)

It was not really a huge problem for us, but my experience contradicted your info. Knowing that you're right on with the info you post on these boards, I thought you should know! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
No problem, I just wanted to check to see where you were headed. That way, I'll have the specifics when I ask him about it.

TheRustyScupper
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
. . . the blue flag boats didn't start running until 7:30!!! . . .

1) There must have been another issue
. . . CM was late
. . . CM was a no-show, so a substitute had to be found
. . . boat or motor problem
2) The Blue-Flag boat starts at 6:45am, daily, weather permitting.
. . . very heavy rain stops boats
. . . lightning stops boats
. . . high wind stops boats (usual cause)
3) The Green-Flag boat runs starts 1-hr prior to MK opening - EMH or regular.

4) This is what we told all guests, and never heard a complaint.