PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW

Pages : [1] 2

Ribeyespud
10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
:mickey2: My wife & I have been married for 21 years and have never taken a substantial vacation together. Even our Honeymoon was 3 days in a motel room close to where we live and then off to my Army base. We have (attempted:)) to raise three kids and three dogs and after moving home to a small town in Iowa after 6 years of service we both have grown older together. We decided to become kids again (heaven help her when I go thru the gate:cloud9:)and go to Disney World mar 30th to Apr 5th of 2008. My wifes Birthday is Apr 1st and since her favorite Character is Cinderella we have reservations to eat in the castle for her Birthday Dinner. I know alot of people go to Disney World often, but we just can't afford it so this is our one and only time of going. It will just be us going as the kids are now 20,16,& 14and the oldest can stay with the younger ones.Everything will be magical to us and every meal will be great, the memories will be golden and thought of often. I have all our reservations for dinning, our resort is booked, and airline tickets purchased. All my life I wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and it looks like this is going to happen. When I was 14 my grandmother died and she knew how bad I wanted to go to Disneyland after listening to my Aunt Ruth's stories of going (she lived in California)so in her will she left money for my mom to take me.I remember the ride "it's a small world" and the "pirates of the carribean" and good times with my mom. The haunted Mansion was closed, but I did get to wave to Donald, Goofy and Pluto(I was acting like a typical teenage "cool" 14 year old "man" Till I saw them, Then I waved and yelled like a 5 year old school girl.:blush: My mom passed away from a hole in her heart when I was 17. I didn't know it at the time but that trip was special for not only memories of my day in Disneyland, but also of bonding with my mom. I still remember the all fruit plate served in a hollowed out pineapple she shared with me...Now for my trip with my wife, the only thing I'm waiting on is for the tickets for the Pirates and Princess party to be announced. I think the party will be taking place while we are there ( the 1st and the 4th) and I'm wondering if we should go one night or two.(In case of rain)can any one tell me who have been to the party if I should get tickets for both nights? Either way, come rain or shine, I will be with the woman I love, in a place I've dreamed about. Oh...and If everything works out I will have a glass slipper being delievered to my wife during her birthday dinner and it will say "Happy Birthday Princess Karen from Your Prince Charming John" I'm 160 days from going at this posting so Here's to "Dreams really coming true"!

garymacd
10-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I hope the two of you have the GREATEST times of your lives! We waited for our 25th anniversary to do a completely magical trip with just the two of us.

I hope all your planning goes as scheduled. You deserve it, and so does she.

I hope you get to scream like a little girl again!

Oh, and welcome to Intercot!

sleepingbooty
10-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Your post brought tears to my eyes! What a lucky woman your wife is to have such a sweet, caring husband (and I'm sure you're lucky to have her too). I haven't been to the Pirates and Princesses party, so I can't comment, but I hope you have a wonderful time - I'm sure you will!
:welcome: to Intercot!!

luvdiznee
10-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I hope we get to read your trip report when you come back. It sounds like the 2 of you will be having a great time as you deserve it. I got the Cinderella Slipper desert for my DD and she loved it. Have a great trip! :mickey:

Ribeyespud
10-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. At the end of the day the best we can hope for is a happy life and someone to share it with. I think Walt Disney helped us all make life a little more magical for giving us a special place to celebrate that life. I hope your dreams and wishes come true too.:)

Jenemmy
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
How very thrilling and special for you both! I hope it is magical from start to finish!!!! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned and you already have the right mind set. I hope one day when I'm ready to settle down and marrie I find a man like you. I hope you have a great trip.

LibertyTreeGal
10-21-2007, 01:52 PM
I have no advice for you, but I just so enjoyed reading your post that I wanted to say howdy and I hope that you have a time that exceeds all of your expectations!!!

pink
10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Congradulations on being able to take such a wonderful vacation! I hope you and your wife have a great time. I love your glass slipper idea. I'm just curious but are you planning on writing a trip report? :mickey:

BronxTigger
10-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow! I'm excited for you. I hope it is as magical as you want it to be.

As for the P&P Party, I went in August...twice, and I don't regret it. The first night I went was less crowded than the second, and I went by myself that night. I was focused on getting on many rides that night, and I was able to walk onto whatever I wanted. There were NO LINES. I also got to watch the parades and the fireworks and get the "treasure" (bead necklaces and candy). The second night also had very light crowds, but they were just not as light as the first time I went. Lines were not more than 10 minutes for anything except Space Mountain was 15 or 20 at one point. That night I went with my friend and watched the fireworks, parade, and got the treasures again.

I truly thought it was worth the money because (at least for me) the crowds were very light so I got a lot of rides in while still being able to enjoy the special party events. And the fireworks are the best I have ever seen.

Ribeyespud
10-21-2007, 05:20 PM
I will do my best to give a trip report when we get back. As a Pre-trip report I was able to do the dinning plan with 3 meals a day and I have all sorts of character dinning. (3 different meals at the castle, B,L,D and we have bought Disney Crocs (mine with little mickeys and my wifes with cinderella and little mermaid)I have made a folder with a bunch of planning things and have made kind of an agenda for each day. ...Years ago I saw a commercial where the kids are lying in bed and they can't go to sleep because they were so excited to be going, then they show the dad lying in bed and he can't go to sleep because he so excited...Now I know how he felt. The night my wife and I decided to go I couldn't go to sleep and the next two nights I kept having dreams with Disney Characters in them. (Alice and I became good friends as we were hanging out with the Mad Hatter:thumbsup:)I have been hunting everyday for news on the Pirates and Princess Party, and a couple times a week we watch some Disney shows. We have a library in town with alot of the shows so we check them out on a rotating basis. I have seen pictures of Disney Character autographs and have a Disney Photo/Autograph book coming in the mail for all the characters we get to see. Has anyone seen the personal Vacation book you can make at Disney PhotoPass? How cool is that! We're still along time yet from going, and it seems I'm already there and float around in a Disney type daze when I find myself thinking of the trip:mickey: I also find myself smiling alot...Boy is this gonna be a long 160 days until we go!

LudwigVonDrake
10-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Here's hoping you have a most MAGICAL trip :tink:

disneydeb
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
May you be blessed with the trip of your dreams!
:mickey:deb

jkj1224
10-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I hope you guys have a magical trip, and the time of your lives. :D

MushuMulan
10-21-2007, 09:05 PM
I hope you have a great trip, filled with a lot of magic! Someone who will go through all the that trouble deserves something that good.

Enjoy it, it's the most magical experience ever! :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
First things first...
:welcome: to Intercot!

I loved reading your post. It sounds like you and your wife have a wonderful relationship and I hope this turns out to be the trip of a lifetime.

I know you are aware that you will be there at a very busy time. I think you will enjoy going to the party at night because it will give you the opportunity to do the things you might not be able to do during the day. Purchace the tickets for 1 day... then if you decide you really enjoyed it, get your tickets for another night while you are there.

Don't forget, Disney World is HUGE. There are 4 parks to enjoy while you are there. You have to take your wife for a trip "around the world" in Epcot.
Check out the Romance at Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) information here on Intercot.

I hope you have a Magical trip and I also hope the Dream Team finds you and your wife. ;)
Make sure she gets a Birthday button!

texasteacher
10-21-2007, 09:57 PM
mickey:My wife & I have been married for 21 years and have never taken a substantial vacation together. Even our Honeymoon was 3 days in a motel room close to where we live and then off to my Army base. We have (attempted:)) to raise three kids and three dogs and after moving home to a small town in Iowa after 6 years of service we both have grown older together. We decided to become kids again (heaven help her when I go thru the gate:cloud9:)and go to Disney World mar 30th to Apr 5th of 2008. My wifes Birthday is Apr 1st and since her favorite Character is Cinderella we have reservations to eat in the castle for her Birthday Dinner. I know alot of people go to Disney World often, but we just can't afford it so this is our one and only time of going. It will just be us going as the kids are now 20,16,& 14and the oldest can stay with the younger ones.Everything will be magical to us and every meal will be great, the memories will be golden and thought of often. I have all our reservations for dinning, our resort is booked, and airline tickets purchased. All my life I wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and it looks like this is going to happen. When I was 14 my grandmother died and she knew how bad I wanted to go to Disneyland after listening to my Aunt Ruth's stories of going (she lived in California)so in her will she left money for my mom to take me.I remember the ride "it's a small world" and the "pirates of the carribean" and good times with my mom. The haunted Mansion was closed, but I did get to wave to Donald, Goofy and Pluto(I was acting like a typical teenage "cool" 14 year old "man" Till I saw them, Then I waved and yelled like a 5 year old school girl.:blush: My mom passed away from a hole in her heart when I was 17. I didn't know it at the time but that trip was special for not only memories of my day in Disneyland, but also of bonding with my mom. I still remember the all fruit plate served in a hollowed out pineapple she shared with me...Now for my trip with my wife, the only thing I'm waiting on is for the tickets for the Pirates and Princess party to be announced. I think the party will be taking place while we are there ( the 1st and the 4th) and I'm wondering if we should go one night or two.(In case of rain)can any one tell me who have been to the party if I should get tickets for both nights? Either way, come rain or shine, I will be with the woman I love, in a place I've dreamed about. Oh...and If everything works out I will have a glass slipper being delievered to my wife during her birthday dinner and it will say "Happy Birthday Princess Karen from Your Prince Charming John" I'm 160 days from going at this posting so Here's to "Dreams really coming true"!

Disneyworld is incredible. There is no place like it. I try to go every 2 years and would go every year if I could afford it (next visit for me is this Dec 26, this year. Even knowing of the crowds I will be facing, I am so excited).
I love to hear about people going fto WDW for the first time. I am taking a first-timer friend with me this year (This will be trip # 10 for me).
It will be a "dream" trip for you and your princess! Let us hear back from you about your trip.

Ribeyespud
10-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I am truly speechless, amazed, and thankful for everyones kind wishes, thoughts, ideas and all the sharing. Words really can't express the warmth I feel from all your replys. Thanks again!

IloveDisney71
10-21-2007, 10:11 PM
You will have the best time and will create memories that will last a lifetime.
My husband and I had one night for our honeymoon, in a town just a few miles from our home. It was all we could afford at the time. Anyway, we finally got to take a second honeymoon when we had been married for 11 years. We had the BEST time. He is not the Disney fanatic that I am(he had only been once when he was 9 - I've been 21 times) but once he walked through the main gate and down Main Street, I could see the little child in him coming to life. Make sure you take advantage of the Photopass photographers so you can get pictures of you and your wife together. I know you will have a wonderful time!!! To make the time pass faster, I always watch my Disney planning video and try to catch Disney shows on the travel channel. :)

ASweetLov
10-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Hope you have an AMAZING vacation:mickey: Disney World is the most incredible place on earth. I remember seeing the castle for the first time last year and I was completely speechless and with the biggest smile on my face:D You and your wife sound like great people and I know you will have a great time:yay:
oh yeah, :welcome: to intercot

~Natacha~:minnie:

chicade88
10-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I hope you have an amazing trip! You certainly sound like you deserve it!! :mickey:

foolishmortal83
10-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Aww..I love those kind of stories. I hope you two have an awesome time! I'm sure you will!! Disney is such a magical time. I've been there almost 20 times, and i'm only 24..LOL! I'm from Indiana, but we have a house in Orlando, so that's why ive been so many times. I don't think i'll ever get sick or worn out of Disney...it's an awesome place to be!
Enjoy your time there!!

Floridian Yeti
10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Wow, that gave me a lump in my throat:blush:

I'm sure you'll have a great time at WDW - and you surely have earned it! My wife and I did our second honeymoon at Disney (after 25 years and never a proper honeymoon before that), and it was the perfect place for us.

Have a great time, and I'm looking forward to a "virgin" trip report!

PeterPan
10-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I have been lurking around here at Intercot for a long, long time. I don't remember when post touched me like yours did. I am a Dad just like you, with kids about the same age as yours. I have been to WDW (and many other Disney park world-wide) so many times, I have lost count. Yes, I STILL get excited every time I go, but it is also so exciting to watch OTHERS experience it for the first time. I wish I could be a "fly on the wall" as you and your wife have dinner in the Castle. It truly warms my heart to think about it.

Here's hoping you have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE. And also, here's hoping this WON'T be your last time, but the first of many wonderful trips to The Happiest Place On Earth (actually, that's Disneyland, but you will think it is WDW too!)

LandFan
10-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow! You made me misty-eyed! I can't wait for your dream to come true (and hear about it in the trip reports!).

Anticipation is half of the fun :cloud9: so enjoy it!!

30 days for me - I'm in HIGH anticipation mode :D

MsMin
10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
:welcome: Sending you :pixie: for a magical trip and hopes that you never stop dreaming. Personally I wouldn't go to the party twice b/c it is expensive and there is so much other stuff to do.
You never know what life has in store for you. You may find yourself bring grandkids there one day! :magic:

tinkergal
10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
:tink:

Ribeyespud, Thank you for sharing your story. I know you & your wife will make some incredible Disney memories. If you haven't already seen the disneyparks website, check it out & go to the 'Meet the Dream Makers' section. Personally, I think you should have a video there as well!! I'm so excited for you & your wife & hope to hear more!

:wave:

HndrdPrcnt
10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Ribeyespud -

Wow!! I am so excited for you and your wife!! Talk about memories. You should take the videocam and film some of the trip, but don't let it take over the vacation. You can then take your snippets of video and have it edited in to a short video that you can use to remember your trip and share it with your friends and family for the rest of your life.

You will have the time of your life no matter what you decide to do as everything at WDW is a great time!! The most important part of it is being able to be a kid again with your true love. I am loving our trips to WDW and DL with my kids, but I look forward to taking a trip again with just my wife. Couldn't do it now as the kids would NEVER forgive us!!

Have a wonderful trip and :welcome:!!!

Ribeyespud
10-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Tinkergal (or anyone who reads this) can you please help me find the "Meet the Dream Makers" on the Disney website? I have tried to follow your idea, but I must not be looking in the right spot. I called Disney and the lady I spoke with though she tried couldn't help me. Thanks for any help, and again so nice to meet you all and thanks for all the wishes and thoughts:mickey:

EJS-Houston
10-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm absolutely thrilled for you and the amazing vacation your and your wife are going to share, Ribeyespud! You don't need any advice...if anything we should all take a page out'a your book. Like you, I enjoy the anticipation as the vacation approaches (my WDW vacation is 11 days and 22 hours away). I enjoyed reading about the things your doing to ramp up the Disney anticipation, as I can really relate! I look forward to hearing all about your realizing all your Disney dreams, and I couldn't be happier for you! You do deserve it!

:tink::goofy::mjump::donald:

dolphinmickey9170
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I hope you two have the greatest trip. You got me all teared up now. Please be sure to give us a trip report upon your return. This should be a truly magical trip full of happiness and memories!

If you got to disneyparks.com you will see a box on the left hand side of your screen that says, Meet the Dream Team.

AbeeNormal
10-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Well Ribeyespud, Now that I've wiped my tears away :welcome: To Intercot and :thanks: for your wonderful story. I also wish I could be a fly on the wall watching the two of you find each others child in Disney World. :cloud9:

You deserve the time of your life and I hope that this isn't your last but first of many trips with her and your family. :thumbsup::pixie:

Averyone on this board is amazing and the help spills from these people so ask lot's of questions let us help make this as magical as possible and we all can't wait to hear about your Magical Trip.:)

pwdebbie
10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
My dh and I just returned from our "first and only trip" to Disney World -- and he keeps asking me when we are going back. We went for our 30th anniversary (six months late) and we had a great time. Enjoy your trip and make memories. And I'll bet you'll come back and start asking, "So, when are we going back?"

Deb

Dsnygirl
10-28-2007, 02:42 AM
First of all, :welcome: to Intercot!!

Secondly, I hope you have the most MAGICAL trip with your DW... your post brought tears to my eyes!! That is so wonderful that you two will finally be able to be going, and that it means so much to you -- that is so terrific. I think what you are doing w/ the glass slipper is SO romantic... I bet she will love it.

My DH and I just got back from 4 days of magic, all on our own (our DD's are younger, but stayed back w/ Grandma) and it was the best trip we've ever taken.

I think you guys will have such a wonderful, memorable and special time together... you definitely will feel like kids again, and you'll come home with smiles that will last a lifetime.

Please, please write trip reports when you get back - I'll be looking for them, so we can share in the magic!!

Have a GREAT time!! :mickey:

emerzmom
10-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Reading your post also brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of my first trip to WDW. I, like you, had dreamed of going to Disney World my whole life. When I was a kid on my birthday my wish when I blew out my candles was always "to go to Disneyland". Our family just never had that kind of money. Our vacations were usually day trips or visits to relatives close by. When I was in my early 20's I worked 3 jobs one summer and took my mother to Disneyland. It was a wonderful trip that I will never forget. Several years ago my grandmother suprised me and my daughter with a trip to WDW. It was the most amazing trip I had ever taken in my life. Honestly, I felt like I had "come home". Every minute of that trip was magical. To see my daughter's eyes light up when she saw Cinderella's Castle was something I will never forget.
After that first trip I came home and decided that I was going to find a way to do it again. I found Intercot and other sites that help me learn how to be more cost effective and I saved and saved and saved so that we could go again...and again...and again.
When you said that it was your "only" trip to WDW I laughed. I know you think you will never be able to afford it again but you will be suprised at what you can do when you put your mind to it. I have a feeling that you and your wife are going to want to bring your children back (even as old as they are) to experience it with them. You don't have to stay on-site, buy everything in sight, and spend a month there to have a good time but I can assure you that you will want to return...and with your kids.
WDW is a very special place with magical powers. Once you go it is something you just can't seem to get out of your system. Well, okay there are a few people who go just once and say "okay, I have done that" and don't go back but honestly, I don't "get" those people.
I sincerely hope that you have the trip of a life time. It sounds like you have waited long enough for it. I am going Thanksgiving. I will tell Mickey to be expecting you!
Thanks again for sharing your story.
:magic:

cal5755
10-28-2007, 09:57 PM
You and your wife are very blessed to have each other!! I loved reading your post and all the responses!! How awesome is this trip!! I love seeing the excitement in your posts and it is bringing me Disney magic just reading about this vacation of yours!! I think your plans sound wonderful and I am sure your wife is going to be thrilled with her glass slipper on her birthday!!

WELCOME to intercot....

Thanks for posting your excitement with us....

I am wishing you a fun filled, ramantic vacation filled with lots of magical moments!!

Ribeyespud
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks to some great suggestions I discovered the Disney PhotoPass website and have been slowly creating a vacation book which is really cool. I have written a linking story about Tinker Bell using pixie dust to turn my wife and I young again while were checking in on vacation, I have all the page layouts done and put in a few pictures that I thought were well done from the web (inside pictures of some of the rides and the fireworks displays) the rest I will fill from our vacation. Thanks so much for all the helpful ideas and thoughts. Anyone who hasn't checked out the vacation book you can make I too would highly recommend it. I was going to do the Pal Mckey but due to the reviews I have read it sure sounds like the book and video is a better thing to do. Thanks again!:mickey:

MostWonderfulTigger
10-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Ribeyespud:
I'm a current cast member at WDW and am very happy to hear that you've got such a wonderful trip planned :mickey:

I only have one piece of advice tell -every- cast member and character you can how important this trip is. We all love making people smile (how could we work there and not love it) and will enjoy adding more magic to your trip. If you can, stop by Town Hall in the Magic Kingdom and pick up some "First Time Visitor" pins and a Birthday pin for your wife.

Have Fun ^_^

JuicyMoose17
10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
You'll have a great time!!!!!! Enjoy!

disneydrama115
10-30-2007, 10:24 AM
well I hope you enjoy your trip which I am sure you will, it being "the most magical place on earth". Make sure you hit some things while your down there that will make your trip that much more romantic. In Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly Disney-MGM Studios): Without a doubt hit Fantasmic! beautiful and romantic show with live acting, pyrotechnics, water fountains, and oh yeah video images projected on screens! if you guys are thrill junkies go on Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster. For Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaries is a crowd favorite but go right when the park opens, then animals are more active, Festival of the lion king is an awesome show and Finding Nemo The Musical. again if you are a thrill junky then definately check out Expedition: Everest! In EPCOT: This is the park i worked at so i am sort of biased towards it haha but Soarin' is a MUST (the most popuated ride in all of disney world and it is not uncommon to see a wait time of 2+ hours, so go first thing when you get there and go right in or get a fastpass), some other things to do: the countried but in particular the French Pavilion and Moroccan Pavilion (the two most romantic). The Best part of EPCOT...well there are two best things. Besides you being able to go to 11 countries in one day without a passport, Illuminations:Reflections of Earth (which supposedly they are revamping or totally redoing in October (this month) i heard). It is an AMAING Firework Show. Magic Kingdom: ok there are sooo many things to list in here, some of which wont be available if you go on a Pirate and Princess Party Day. a few must do's - Mickey's Philharmagic, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribbean, Mad Tea Party, Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, The Magic Carpet's of Aladdin, The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Many Adventures of Winnie the pooh, Space Moutnain, Big Thunder Mountain, The Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, and hall of presidents. Must see shows. Must see Shows - Dream Along With Mickey is a must see! SpectroMagic, very romantic (the evening parade that may not run on Pirate and Princess party Days), WISHES!, the most romantic firework show ever created (May not run on the Pirate and Princess Party Days).

as for Pirate and Princess Party. I had a blast. I went to the cast preview and then i went again later in the month with a girl i was dating at the time. We both had a blast!!! the rides are all open so you have a relatively shorter wait then during the day. The parade is cool and the fireworks are AWESOME! They have the perimeter fireworks in the show! (in other words fireworks are virtually all around you). It is totally worth the extra money in my opinion.

Hope this helps and hope you guys have a BLAST! i do have a kinda funny story. May parents are the same as you where it is just too expensive and that is understandable. But since i went down to work there they came down and they said "we're only coming down cuz your down there", they came down and are now planning their next trip. so here is my tip: get your 20 year old to go down for the college program :thumbsup:

MOJoe
10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I loved reading your posts, and felt the excitement you are feeling about your "only" trip to WDW. But, if i may, i would like to offer some thoughts.
From my limited experience, i have found that the most important thing to bring on a Disney trip is the right frame of mind. From what you have written, it sure looks like you've got it - expecting magical memories, planning romantic moments. But because you feel that this may be the only trip you take to WDW, you are taking the chance that something disappointing will happen. At Disney, plans often go astray. Rides break down, transportation issues arise, crowds cause delays, and many other things happen that can upset a schedule. For most of us, if we don't get to see a certain attraction, well.... there is always next time.
But what do you do if there is no next time? Well, that is where the right frame of mind comes in. As you obviously know, Disney World really is a special, magical place. So relax, and just take in the magic. Don't let a mishap or change in plans alter your good attitude or ruin an otherwise great day.
Also, if you have a list of "must do's", i suggest adding the park hopper to your ticket. (if you have not done so already) Some see it as a waste of money. But to me, it is the price you pay for piece of mind. With the Hopper Ticket, a closed attraction is not the end of the world, because you can return on a later day if necessary.
In any case, just don't lose the magic, and you are certain to have the vacation of your life.

Here's hoping that this will be your first and last trip - without your children! And my final thought. I offer you best Wishes for a Fantasmic trip full of Illuminations!

Ribeyespud
10-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the good ideas and warm wishes! Does anyone know if we can wake up Tinker Bell, being a grown up I didn't know if they would let you do it. Do you know of any grown ups who have done it? It sounds like a fun thing for us to do after we eat breakfast with Winnie the Pooh...151 days to go (not that I'm counting:blush:)

Diznee4Me
11-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT! I look forward to running into you around the boards!:thumbsup:

I hope you have a wonderful trip. You sound like you have thought of just about everything! I hope it all goes as planned for you both and the memories will last you a lifetime. Looking forward to reading your trip report.

illini
11-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I believe this is the sweetest thing I've ever read on this or any other message board. If anyone deserves a perfect vacation, it is you and your lovely wife. I can't type anything else because of the tears in my eyes.
Congratulations on finding your true love and planning your dream vacation!

atruman
11-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Ribeyespud-
Allow me to thank you. I am a behind the scenes Cast Member at the Disney Company, working out of the WDW area. My interactions with Guests are almost non-existent, so I seldom get to see the effect the magic that we all work to create has on people. (Although, I do love to walk through the parks on the weekends and people watch)

Posts like yours help remind me why I love working here as much as I do.

tinkergal
11-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey Ribeyespud,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your request; I've sent you a private message.

Enjoy!
:tink:

pixiesmimi
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

I only WISH my DH was as thoughful and romantic as you. :) Sounds like you and your DW are going to have a wonderful time! I agree with the last poster that said don't think of it as your ONLY trip. Just dream of coming back and it may just happen.

My DH and I have always gone with kids and grandkids. Our children took us to the Castle for dinner on our 25th anniversary. :cloud9: Loved it! The last couple of years when we would make a trip with the DGKs, my DH would always say if we went back it would be just the two of us. He isn't as much a Mickey fanatic as I am. :blush: But this year when I suggested that we go for our 38th Anniversary, he jumped right on it. (We had never taken a vacation, just the two of us). It was a blast seeing it through adult eyes and we had so much fun! I can't wait to do it again! Of course, we will go anytime the kids want us to go with them again. :) But I am truly looking forward to going just the two of us again. I think you will have so much fun. Relax and just take it all in and enjoy every minute of it!:tink:

By the way, we didn't go to the Pirates and Princess Party while we were there, thinking it was mainly for the kids. We wish we had now and will if we get a chance next time. Go wake Tink (maybe share it with a child there). I wanted to do this but by the time we got there, someone else had already done it. I kind of felt silly wanting to do it as an adult, but nothing is silly in WDW! Meet every character you can and fill up that Photopass! Pre-purchase the CD. You can get so much more on it, cheaper.

caryrae
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I have written a linking story about Tinker Bell using pixie dust to turn my wife and I young again while were checking in on vacation

This reminded me of the commercial I see every once in a while. It's a girl and her mom and they walk by a window and the reflection all of a sudden shows the mom turned into a kid again. They show the mom who is now kid and her daughter having fun on rides and stuff for part of the day. Then at the end the mom is back to normal and they walk off holding hands. I think they have done one with a father and son to, can't remember.

Here is that one commercial you like with the kids who are to excited to sleep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b95oyhSd5ls

Here is another you may remember http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxyXk4UsyHM

I don't know what's with these commercials but this one may remind kinda of one thing you are planning to do for your wife. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGsElNsaQM

heidi614
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
January 21, 26, and 29

February 2, 5, 9, 14, 22, and 26

March 1, 6, 11 and 14

Tickets for party dates beyond March 14th are expected to go on sale at a later date.

~~Ticket Prices~~

General Guest

Early Advance Purchase Prices
Fort Tickets Purchased 10/31/07 through 12/15/07

Guest Ages 10 & Up: $33.95 (plus tax) per person
Guest Ages 3-9: $29.95 (plus tax) per person

Advance Purchase Prices
For Tickets Purchased On and After 12/16/07, but before the Day of Event

Guest Ages 10 & Up: TBA
Guest Ages 3-9: TBA

Day of Event Purchase Prices

Guest Ages 10 & Up: $45.95 (plus tax) per person
Guest Ages 3-9: $39.95 (plus tax) per person

----------------------------------------------------

Passholder

Early Purchase Prices
Fort Tickets Purchased 10/31/07 through 12/15/07

Guest Ages 10 & Up: $29.95 (plus tax) per person
Guest Ages 3-9: $25.95 (plus tax

heidi614
11-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Sounds fun! Don't miss Tink flying down from the Castle before Wishes fireworks. The castle gets dark and and tink appears at the top and flys down fromthe left hand side. Make sure you get your parade seats at least 1 hour before. MGM don't miss soarin ride! and Fantasmic you can do a dinner package for that if you want. You can do a princess breakast or lunch at Norway Arkerhaus with all the Princesses sometimes Cindy but not always. Chef mickey's is really fun for BLD;
Magic Kingdom Mickey's Philharmagic, Comedy Club show, Blue Line, Carosel of progress, Just a few of our favorites. Ride the monorail, ask to sit in the front with the driver. :mickey:

heidi614
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
We are going to the Castle for my daughters birthday on 2-14 how do you get the slipper delivered? That sounds neat. Any ideas for my dad's 60th that trip too.

Tink#64
11-01-2007, 11:34 PM
As many have already said, but it's true, you brought tears to my eyes with your story. You sound like a very passionate person & I think you will absolutely love WDW!

I wanted & waited for my first trip to WDW until my youngest DS was 4. Neither DH nor myself went as kids so our 1st family trip was the 1st for all 4 of us. We fell in love! With WDW & each other all over again. It's just the magic of it all. With planning that first trip, I never dreamed that we'd do it again, or so soon. But we were hooked and now we've made 4 trips. I have to do some serious budgeting, but that week of pure magic is so worth it. DS's now 10 & 11 love it, and I think DH is as obsessed as I am. WDW is more than just a vacation to us! I can't explain it, but I think you already get it.

I hope you have an amazing trip and make many happy & wonderful memories to treasure forever! :pixie: Pixie dust for you & your wife and the trip of a lifetime!

caryrae
11-02-2007, 10:02 AM
mickey:My wife & I have been married for 21 years and have never taken a substantial vacation together. Even our Honeymoon was 3 days in a motel room close to where we live and then off to my Army base. We have (attempted:)) to raise three kids and three dogs and after moving home to a small town in Iowa after 6 years of service we both have grown older together. We decided to become kids again (heaven help her when I go thru the gate:cloud9:)and go to Disney World mar 30th to Apr 5th of 2008. My wifes Birthday is Apr 1st and since her favorite Character is Cinderella we have reservations to eat in the castle for her Birthday Dinner. I know alot of people go to Disney World often, but we just can't afford it so this is our one and only time of going. It will just be us going as the kids are now 20,16,& 14and the oldest can stay with the younger ones.Everything will be magical to us and every meal will be great, the memories will be golden and thought of often. I have all our reservations for dinning, our resort is booked, and airline tickets purchased. All my life I wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and it looks like this is going to happen. When I was 14 my grandmother died and she knew how bad I wanted to go to Disneyland after listening to my Aunt Ruth's stories of going (she lived in California)so in her will she left money for my mom to take me.I remember the ride "it's a small world" and the "pirates of the carribean" and good times with my mom. The haunted Mansion was closed, but I did get to wave to Donald, Goofy and Pluto(I was acting like a typical teenage "cool" 14 year old "man" Till I saw them, Then I waved and yelled like a 5 year old school girl.:blush: My mom passed away from a hole in her heart when I was 17. I didn't know it at the time but that trip was special for not only memories of my day in Disneyland, but also of bonding with my mom. I still remember the all fruit plate served in a hollowed out pineapple she shared with me...Now for my trip with my wife, the only thing I'm waiting on is for the tickets for the Pirates and Princess party to be announced. I think the party will be taking place while we are there ( the 1st and the 4th) and I'm wondering if we should go one night or two.(In case of rain)can any one tell me who have been to the party if I should get tickets for both nights? Either way, come rain or shine, I will be with the woman I love, in a place I've dreamed about. Oh...and If everything works out I will have a glass slipper being delievered to my wife during her birthday dinner and it will say "Happy Birthday Princess Karen from Your Prince Charming John" I'm 160 days from going at this posting so Here's to "Dreams really coming true"!

Sounds to me like God dropped a couple of his Angel's, named John and Karen, from Heaven to show us how we should live our lives and how a loving marrige should be. I know me and maybe alot of people take being able to go to WDW or any vacation for that matter, every year for granted and couldn't imagine only being able to go to WDW once in our lives.

I wish you guys the best and hope you guys will be able to go to WDW more than the one time.

Here is a poem I found for you guys:

A Disney Tale by DMG

You say you're Cinderella
Or you would like to be
Does this mean that you've found
Your Prince Charming in me?

You also say you're Jasmine
So Princess, please be mine
A whole new world I'll show you
A world of love divine

Your favorite is Tinkerbell
So I'll be Peter Pan
Together we can fly away
Off to Neverland

And if you're Sleeping Beauty
Then I will be the one
To kiss your lips, open your eyes
And fill your life with sun

And if I was the Beast
And your name was Bell
I know that I could count on you
To free me from the spell

And if I was Prince Eric
Would you come with me?
As my Ariel I'd show you
A love deeper than the sea

Just like a Disney tale
Filled all with love and laughter
You and I will be together
Happily ever after

So tell me your desires
I'll make your dreams come true
A life of happiness
Princess, I'll share with you

Karen, be my Princess
And your Prince I will be
Together we can live
Our own Disney story

Ribeyespud
11-02-2007, 12:30 PM
How cool is this poem! Thank you, I think I'll share that with my wife on her birthday...and the beautiful part is she'll think I wrote it(snicker,snicker, snicker) Well..alright I'll tell her where it came from. I will also share these postings with her then to let her know how kind you all have been in your warm wishes.:mickey:

TikiGoddess
11-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Best wishes for a wonderful trip! Your first post brought tears to my eyes. What a great way to celebrate your life together. :)

TikiG

Ribeyespud
12-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Hey There Hi there Ho There!!! Only 99 days left before we go there!!! (uh...not that I'm counting :blush:)... Now if only they would officially announce Pirate and Princess dates for April 1st and 4th that would just be perfect:cloud9:...I think I'll pay for the trip today. (Woo Hoo!)I can't wait to get the tickets in the mail to see what everything looks like!

caryrae
12-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey There Hi there Ho There!!! Only 99 days left before we go there!!! (uh...not that I'm counting :blush:)... Now if only they would officially announce Pirate and Princess dates for April 1st and 4th that would just be perfect:cloud9:...I think I'll pay for the trip today. (Woo Hoo!)I can't wait to get the tickets in the mail to see what everything looks like!

A different Disney site shows these dates for April. April: 1, 4, 6, 11, 16, 23, 29 but nothing on Disney.com for April yet.

Taja
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM

And it's time for you to do the double digit dance!

To help you celebrate:

:mickey3: :trio: :minnie:

Hair_Razor
12-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Oh how exciting, I think you are taking all of Intercot with you in spirit!! Well me any way :) I am glad I am not the only one getting misty by the way. I just wanted to share this with you I know that you said that you were in the military, they do a flag ceremony at Main Street that they have a veteran participate I didn't know if this would be something you could both enjoy together. I don't have that much about it but I am sure that you can get info here at info central. Have the best time and enjoy, everything will turn out perfect with all this positive love going into it. Oh and I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the first but not "the last". :wishes:

artyboy
12-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I hope that you have a fabulous vacation...

Go ahead...spoil her on this trip...and spoil yourself, too!

Happy Holidays!

:mickey:

pook@wdw
12-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Welcome To Intercot !:rocks: Congrats :congrats: on your 1st magical journey to WDW. What wonderful anniversary plans for you both. I remember our honeymoon @ WDW and it only seemed right to go on our 25th anniversary. And with all the trips in between, it's obvious that we love WDW ! Your plans sound awesome. Have a GREAT time!!!:thumbsup:

Ribeyespud
02-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh my goodness, I just got off the phone from buying Pirate and Princess Party tickets for BOTH the 1st and 4th of April!!! I'[m so excited I'm shaking(I'm not kidding) The CM told me they renamed the event "Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party" and is extended now to June. My wife and I are only 51 days away from our trip and now everything is planned and paid for. Does anyone have a chisel to get the smile off my face?:cloud9: Even though we've never been to Walt Disney World it feels kinda like I have because I dream about it at least once a week... :blush:

jpH/keD
02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I hope your trip is super magical! The party sounds awesome! We haven't been to a P&P party but we did MVMCP in Nov 07 and had a blast! I just hope your dates aren't too crowded! Your princess(wife) is very lucky! Have fun and say hi to Cinderella!:thumbsup:

sacandjac
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I am so excited for you and your wife. I hope you have the most magical time of your life!! :mickey:

Brooklynos
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I am so excited for you two!!! Disney World is a very special place for my husband and I. We spent my first trip there together ( I was 24) and let me tell you, it's a magical place. My husband and I truly feel like two little kids when we are there.

Don't forget to slow down and look around at everything (small or big!!). It's hard to see everything, don't worry though, the things that are magical for you two will remain in your memories! I hope you two have a wonderful time and it warms my heart to hear how much you love your wife and want to make this trip great!!!! Make sure to let us know how it went!!! :D

snerd475
02-08-2008, 07:00 PM
You are going to have so much fun! I LOVED the P&P Party last month more than my 9 yr old (click on my name, then home page for pictures). You should get the Mrs. a Cinderella dress to wear, too! If you send me a private message, I'll tell you where I got it, since we can't post links on here.

Have a MAGICAL time! :magic:

We want a full report upon your return!

Jeani

KAT1811
02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
:welcome: To Intercot!!! As many others have said your post brought tears to my eyes and I too wish :pixie: that this is not your first and only but your first of many WDW trips. I think you are going to like it here!!! Oh, and :congrats: on becoming a Disney addict like the rest of us here. You are certainly in good company!!!

If you can, stop by Town Hall in the Magic Kingdom and pick up some "First Time Visitor" pins and a Birthday pin for your wife.

I would certainly get the "first time visitor" pin. I'm not sure where you are staying but if you are in a WDW resort let the CM at the resort check in know that it is your first time at WDW.

Does anyone know if we can wake up Tinker Bell, being a grown up I didn't know if they would let you do it. Do you know of any grown ups who have done it?

You did mean to say extra large kid right? In my experience I have never seen an "adult" in WDW. Only children in oversized bodies! Plus there is a rule in WDW; you are NEVER too old for anything!!! Take your pictures with characters, get an autograph book, do it all!!!

When DH and I started going to WDW I was the "Disney Nut" and he tagged along, willingly but he didn't have the same love for WDW as I did. Well over the years that has certainly changed. I came home the other day from the market and he was watching a WDW special. He watched it for HOURS!!! I think he even DVR'd it!!! Now he is as crazy about WDW as I am!

With this still being the Year of a Million Dreams I sincerely hope that the Dream Team finds you and your wife. I truly hope they find you and bestow the gift of the DVC on the both of you. As much as I would like it for myself (I'd be a liar if I said I didn't) I think that you and your wife deserve it so much more. DH, the kids, and I will be back no matter what but the DVC would ensure that you had a lifetime of vacations together. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both!!! Have a great trip!!!

#1disneyfan
02-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story and dreams! I too hope that the Disney Dream Team finds you and your wife. I hope that this is your trip of a lifetime and all goes off without a single "hitch". PLEASE be sure and tell us all how it goes, as I am sure we will be waiting very impatiently! Don't forget to post a few pics too! Thanks again and have a truly "magical" time!

cajunbaby1
02-10-2008, 06:16 AM
:pixie: I hope you guys have the time of your life!!! Everyone needs a little extra "magic" in their life. Your wife sounds like a very special lady. Enjoy your time together as :princess:&:prince: at the magic kingdom.

AllDisney
02-10-2008, 02:58 PM
The both of you will have the vacation of a lifetime:thumbsup:

Your first trip.....there will be all these incredible memories that you'll make and remember for the rest of your lives. It might be a BIG thing....like walking down Main Street for the first time and seeing the castle at the other end.....

Or a small thing like ........the smell of oranges as you ride Soarin!!!

You'll have a BLAST and the memories are priceless.

mouse-logic
02-12-2008, 08:50 AM
There is no way in the name of "all things Goofy" that this will be your "only trip to to WDW."

As excited as you sound, I would bet my DVC membership that 3 days after your return from this magical vacation you'll be planning your return trip. (Even if you have to sell your home and move into a van down by the river.)

I don't think there is any thing any of us can recommend for you to do, or to plan, or to make sure of, that you probably haven't already put down on your list (in triplicate most likely). So just have a great time.

My wife and I are going down this Friday. We've been "a few times" before. But this is our first time alone, without the kids. We haven't told them we're going....we don't want them to be terribly upset. So we've planned a trip later in the year for them to look forward to...to sort of break the shock that we went without them.

My question for you is how did your kids react to you guys deciding to go....and not take them with you?

I would bet that if they are half as thoughtful and caring as you seem to be, they were excited for you. But I also bet that they wish they could go.

pwdebbie
02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
There is no way in the name of "all things Goofy" that this will be your "only trip to to WDW."

As excited as you sound, I would bet my DVC membership that 3 days after your return from this magical vacation you'll be planning your return trip. (Even if you have to sell your home and move into a van down by the river.)

Three days you think? It was less than three hours from the time we pulled out of POFQ that my dh said to me, "So, when are we going back?" Our so-called once-in-a-lifetime trip is probably going to be repeated in the next five years. I'm hoping Spring of 2009 but it kind of depends on our dog -- she's not well enough to leave again for an extended period of time, so we probably won't head to WDW until she is gone.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

WDW1985
02-12-2008, 09:14 PM
What a great story!!! :number1:

I hope you have a magical time :pixie: and I know you will because I can see you're already expecting it. WDW won't let you down. Be sure to take plenty of pictures and video, so you can remember it and continue to take it all in once you get home. BUT, you know you'll want to get back sometime soon!

Have a great trip!!!

wdw1985

MickeyChick
02-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I am so excited for you both and I wish you the most magical trip. My only suggestion to you would be to shop online for costumes for the Pirate and Princess party. So many of the people we saw were all dressed up for it and it seemed awesome.

You could even send your wife to the Bibbidi Bobbedi Boutique to get all princessed up.

Ribeyespud
02-23-2008, 10:17 AM
As of this posting my wife and I are 35 days away from our Caribbean Beach Resort vacation. Yesterday we received our luggage tags from Disney Express and when my wife saw them it started to sink in for her that this is really going to happen in just a short time from now. I wish I had a picture of the smile on her face as she wrestled the envelope from me to open it.:thumbsup:I do have a confession to make....I'm already packed:blush: I just HAD to do it last week. Now that I have our Pirate and Princess tickets in hand, trip paid for, dining reservations confirmed, airline tickets confirmed, and now having received our luggage tags, the only thing left to take care of is our hotel stay for the night before we fly to Disneyworld. Oh Yeah...and to finish watching The Aristocats on DVD(after all,.. everybody wants to be a cat!)on the 4th of March it will be 101 Dalmatians that will tide us over until our flight to Never Land. I guess I forgot to include the fact that my wife still has to pack (what a slowpoke!::secret:) Our kids are pretty supportive overall of just my wife and I going on this trip. My oldest daughter at 20 went last year with a friend for a day and although she half jokingly will ask if she can come she does understand and will even help watch the two younger ones. (She has asked that we bring her a stuffed Dumbo so you can bet that's going to happen:mickey:)My 16 year old daughter also went with a church group last year for 2 days so she had no complaints at all (besides, she'd have to be away from her boyfriend for a whole week:)) Now my son of 15on the other hand has not ever gone yet, but someday if he wants to go with the church group (they go every few years)we'll make sure he can go. If I were a betting man he probably feels so bad for beating me at Halo all the time that he thought he'd cut me some slack.Uh...at least that's my hope. Someday it is my goal to actually win just one game and then I'll quickly retire as champ:number1: But again he doesn't seem really bothered that Mom and Dad are going away for a week....Hmmm, Heaven help me what were we thinking??? Note to self, send spies to check on the boy;)We'll miss them, but after all these years it will be nice to be a lost boy (and girl) one more time. I just hope I remember how to fly and crow...after all, who wants to be a cod fish!:cloud9: I'll post again after our vacation is over...uh, unless I'm too excited at which point I'll talk to you sooner(see ya next week) Thanks again for all the kind wishes and suggestions.

jszczur5
02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I am one of those people who have been to Disney quite a few times (considering it's a whole other country for us), but the magic is always the same. I hope you have the most magical trip ever, and make memories that last a life time. Your story really touched me. God bless.

KAT1811
02-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm excited for you! I wish you the best and most magical vacation ever! From what I hear flying like a lost boy is just like riding a bike you never forget how! Have a wonderful time and liek everyone else I'll be looking forward to your trip report!

Kimberly

Coccinelle
02-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I wish you and your wife a very good and magical trip ! Be kids and enjoy every minute of it!

Ribeyespud
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I am at a lost for words on how to describe our trip to Walt Disney World. The memories flood every fiber of my being and cry out to be shared, so I'll do my best to describe our trip with as much details as I can, pausing along the way to smile or smell the sweet rolls/popcorn/flowers(or whatever the smell is that rises up from the Magic Kingdom...perhaps that is what heaven smells like too:cloud9:). We landed at the Orlando airport on March 30th 2008 and after we took a tram/monorail pod like thingy to the main terminal we found the check in line for the Disney Magical Express. Well...we thought it was the check in line, it was actually only PART of the check in line. As our eyes scanned from where we stood to where we needed to go somewhere in the deep resesses of my soul I heard my heart say "Uh...What have we gotten ourselfs into?" and "I thought this was supposed to be a Wonderful Week of Disney with fewer people?" Much to my surprise the line moved along quite nicely and as we were taken by Disney Transportation to the Caribbean Beach Resort our heads darted from left to right soaking in the palm trees, hanging moss trees, various grasses and yep, one lone gator swimming on top of the water. Now I should point out that we don't have gators in Iowa...well, unless you count tailgators at football games...anyway it was cool to see one from a distance. I took the time to listen intently but alas I heard no ticking from its belly so the way I figure it Capt. Hook was safe...at least for a while anyway:) Upon checking in at the resort we received our 1st of many "magical moments". I'm standing in line wearing my Mickey Ears I've had sitting on a shelf at home for years collecting dust and waiting to be worn at the place it was born. when out of the blue a little girl came up to me and in the sweetest voice said "I like your Ears". In no way could I do her voice justice let alone her heart. She looked up at me with those big doe eyes and I was hooked. I thanked her and told her I brought them from home and then gave her the pressed penny I had just made. At that instant she became my buddy. (Before I go any further I should point out that a friend from town used to work in the Magic Kingdom and I asked her to bring me some ears with my name on the back and I would pay her for them. I just had to wear the Ears for our 1st day and so starting in the airport of Mn until the end of the 1st day at Magic Kindom I wore them with pride.)Anyway, we would bump into our little buddy from time to time and each time was special as she had adopted me as her best friend, and next to my wife she and her mother became mine. Well...as you can guess I have alot to report. In fact I took another week of vacation to recover from Disney World and to share my trip report, finish my PhotoPass book & CD (done and ordered...520 Pictures on the CD), and clean up the house some. So saddly I need to go whistle while I work or my wife may end up frowning as she grumps. :secret: M-I-C, see ya real soon, K-E-Y, why, because I have so much to share AND I thank you all for the advice and wishes, M-O-U-S-E :tink: TTFN

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I can't wait to hear more! I loved reading about the first part of your trip... I have been anxiously awaiting your trip countdown so that I could hear how it went! :o)

JMTStone
04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
What did she think of the slipper? Did you do both nights at the P&P? Did all of your ADRs work out? Did you meet Mickey?

Breathless with ANTICIPATION

boobalk
04-09-2008, 05:29 PM
What a wonderful story, and what a great anniversary plan. My DH and I went to WDW on our honeymoon, on our 10th anniversary, and on our 25th anniversary! (w/many magical journeys in between). Our DD wants to go again when she's 16 (in 09) so she can drive down and do some of the things she's not been able to do yet. (drive, park tours, etc...) So, we'll be back then, and I, for one, cannot wait. Heck, DH and I have decided when DD goes off to college, we're retiring to Orlando to work @ WDW. How crazy is that? :D

snerd475
04-09-2008, 06:11 PM
How fun!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment...

Thanks so much for sharing with us!

KAT1811
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
How fun!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment...

Thanks so much for sharing with us!

:ditto:

Ribeyespud
04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Now then where were we...oh yeah, we had just finished checking in (our room was all ready and they were ready with my wifes birthday pin too:thumbsup:) so we found our room at trinadad north (3248 to be exact) and noticed that we had two beds, a creature made out of a wash rag, and little mickey soaps and shampoos by the shower. As our trip wore on we found that the extra bed was great for putting all our "stuff" that we had bought that day. The other one was great for sitting on to count the blisters from all the walking/running/playing we did all day and calapsing on at night as we drifted off to La La Land (which is located only 3 blocks away from Never land, just gotta remember to turn left at the big old oak tree :sleepin:) Now before I go any further, I feel a real need to set the record straight. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was wonderful and at the very least was everything we had hoped it would be. Most of the time it was much more than we could have hoped for. I say this now so that when you read about how we "rated" something always assume it is an add on comment to something we thought was very good/fantastic. By the way, this also include the cast members as we found them to be very thoughtful and kind. We did hear people complain about them while sitting on the bus but for us everything was truly magical. :magic: After we checked in we got on the bus to the Magic Kingdom (I can still hear the caribbean style background music of "under the sea" and the taped announcer saying "Ladies and Gentlemen this is Trinadad North"...or any other destination we were headed to) At the magic kingdom after we had our fanny packs checked by security, and our fingers scanned as we used our key cards to get into the park(very James bond like...yeah that's the ticket...Spud, Ribeyespud:cool:)Anyway I did what I promised myself first. I closed my eyes and took in a big deep smell and just listened to the sounds...At this point my wife was thinking I might be a few french frys short of a happy meal. Once I explained it however she understood what I was doing. Care to guess what the first ride we did was? Finally after all these years of waiting we went on the Haunted Mansion ride. It was more than perfect to me. When we first got into the doombuggy we both pulled back on the bar to lock us in, only to be told by the ghost host that that was his job. We looked at each other in amazement and decided it was best not to make the 999 ghosts mad as neither one of us wanted to become the 1000 one.:hmghost: I rode the ride with my mouth wide open while my head dart to and fro to see everything. I absolutely loved Madame Leota's floating head and the singing busts....uh did anyone else jump back at the little ghost popping up from behind the tombstone:blackcat: (Everytime we rode this ride we saw something new.)After we did the Haunted Mansion we did "It's a small world" and on to "Peter Pan" I hate to stop here but I'll share more on this next time as again I have to attend to the Honey do list...talk to you soon.:tink:

caryrae
04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
This fun to read, kinda like a book or something and we all are waiting for the next chapter instead of reading the whole book in one sitting.

doodleboy
04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
This fun to read, kinda like a book or something and we all are waiting for the next chapter instead of reading the whole book in one sitting.

I was thinking the same thing. It's like a mini-series that leaves you hanging at the end of every episode.

I was also thinking how much I take for granted with my annual trips to WDW. Some years we make the voyage twice. I have tried to tell my DD 6 that she is extremely lucky to go so often, and that some people only get to do this once if ever. I hope I am getting through to her.

poeticeclipse
04-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Thank you for this great trip report!!! I'm having a blast reading already.

Honestly, it's so much more fun to read about peoples FIRST trip to WDW. It's such an emotional experience. I love when people build up WDW and then they get there and it really is just as magical as they always thought it would be.

Ribeyespud
04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
What struck me about the ride "It's a Small World" is that it wasn't at all boring to me. (As a kid I remember it was my mom's favorite ride and I couldn't understand why, but as an adult I think I now "get" it) In fact, I found it to be quite charming and and full of hope for a peaceful world. I am a big fan of the Peter Pan ride and I don't know about you, but I felt kinda like I was indeed flying over a cartoon London. (Loved the tiny moving cars:peter: and hook in the gators mouth at the end). I found myself smiling in the "Snow White" ride when she was being awaken by the princes kiss....did anybody else wave goodbye to Dopey at the end of the ride:blush:...we ate dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern and after we bought our light up Tinkerbell and Hook and getting some great pictures & autographs of Goofy, Minnie and Chip & Dale, we settled in for a good meal. There was a birthday wish for my wife who hadn't even wore her birthday button yet and a shape of a heart on our table made out of small mickey head confetti to celebrate our honeymoon (how cool was that!!!). We both enjoyed dinner very much and shared everything. (We decided that this would be our favorite meal as things couldn't get any better but boy were we in for a surprise in the days that followed). Anyway we spent the rest of the night enjoying the smells of the Magic Kingdom and doing more rides from Fantasy Land. We both found Mickey's Philharmonic to be magical and a ride we would definately have to do again(and we did!!!)I almost forgot that we saw the Parade at 3:00 pm on this day and took some great shots of treasured friends. I even yelled at Peter Pan and he waved at me...sigh...once a lost boy always a lost boy....later that night as we walked back to our room from the bus stop we saw these little tiny lizards sitting by the grassy areas of our resort. (Thankfully no gators) After checking the bathroom for snakes in the toliet and closing the bathroom door it was off to sleep. (uh....did I forget to mention I'm scared of snakes and gators:blush:) It didn't take long after our heads hit the pillow that we were dreaming of our next days adventures and getting up early for breakfast with Winnie the Pooh...

Pixie Power
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Ribeyespud,

I must confess that with each post of yours, my eyes well up with tears of joy for you and your wife. :heart:

I can't wait to read more about your trip of a lifetime. :mickey:

~Pixie:tink:

LauraleeH
04-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I've been reading all of your posts and I must say how happy I am for you and your wife. I can't wait to read more about your trip!

Ribeyespud
04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
When we woke up at 5:30am to get ready for the day two thoughts hit both my wife and I about the same time A.) Who is the knucklehead who booked an early breakfast and B.) Why don't our bodies feel as young as our hearts. Then the thought came back to me from yesterday...we're really here!:cloud9: So we get on the bus that takes us to the Magic Kingdom, listen to some more Caribbean style disney songs, and arrive at the park before it's open. Now in my excitement and not wanting to be late we arrived at the park a good half hour before we need to. In the long run though it was fine because we ended up dancing to the disney music they play over the load speakers.(...we're painting the roses red and other favorites:trio: we did the twirling around bit and dancing cheek to cheek even) When they let us into the park we discovered what good food the crystal palace has at breakfast :eat:and wouldn't you know it this became our favorite meal (...so far anyway) We really enjoyed the fresh pineapple, puffed up french toast and potato cassarole. I should have said this earlier, but I'm glad that I made reservations 180 days out because I watched as 3 different people through out the trip tried to just go up to the various places and get tables for their familys only to be politely turned away (one lady even seemed to storm off when she couldn't get in) We got some great photos of Pooh, Piglet, Eyore and even bounced with a great Tigger. :tigger:After we finished breakfast I was going to try to go wake Tinkerbell up at Tinkerbells Treasures but thought I'd try on a different day when we were close to the store to begin with. So as we left the crystal palace we stoped to marvel at all the beautiful ducks that were gliding in for a landing. (Even saw a few small white storks...uh, not like the big one that carried Dumbo to his mother, but you get the picture:stork:) Since we got our photopass card last night we had some more photos taken and some more magic shots of tink. It was my plan to get as many different magic shots as possible when ever we went some place new. We went to Adventure land next and rode the "Magic Carpets of Aladdin" and that dirty old camel tried to spit at us and he got me alittle bit too (that scallywag!) Next we rode on the "Jungle Cruise" and as I like that type of cornball humor thought it was pretty cool. Loved the guys climbing the pole to get away from the rino.:rolleyes: On the way to "The Pirates of the Caribbean" we walked right by my favorite characters of all time and just had to stop and have our picture with Peter Pan (I told him I always wanted to be a lost boy and told him we we going to the Pirate and Princess Party...He made a funny face when I mentioned "pirates"), Wendy, Mr. Smee and the old cod fish himself Captain James Hook. I asked the photopass guy if he could do the magic shot of me sword fighting Hook and he said after lunch maybe someone will be doing this shot. I had talked to the same guy yesterday but at the time they we training new people so they couldn't do the shot then either. Oh well, I thought I'll try again after lunch....speaking of food now's a good place to pause and go eat so I'll share more later...

PetefromRI
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Ribeyespud,I've been waiting a long time for this trip report and it really was worth the wait.I can't wait for the next installment.

Ribeyespud
04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
As we went to "Tony's Town Square" for lunch I remember hearing about the paw prints of Lady and the Tramp in the cement work outside the restaurant and tried to find it to no avail. (I did however find the bathroom which was a good thing:joy: AND a pressed penny spot for the 2 quarters and the shiny penny burning a hole in my pocket.) We checked in for our reservation and as we were taken to a nice table for two we passed a water fountain that had Lady and the Tramp statues in it. It was charming and would come to play a role in our 1st official magical moment. After eating lunch,(I had the spaghetti with Italian sausage & my wife had a Italian sandwich. My wifes food was ok & I enjoyed mine, but the experience was about to become unforgettable...:magic)The wonderfully nice waitress "Becca" brought a birthday cup cake to my wife and asked us both to come up to the fountain so she could take our picture together. Suddenly she got everyone's attention in the room and presented my wife and I with special Mickey ears to celebrate our 1st Honeymoon after 21 years. Mine was a top hat with ears and my wifes was a bridal veil with ears that Becca bought for us. It was only then that Becca took our picture and gave us a magical moment certificate for our Honeymoon and even one for my wife's birthday. I took her picture with my wife (who by the way is named Karen....I bet you thought her name was "my wife";)) and I will remember Becca and Tony's forever. Before we left the paw prints in cement were pointed out to me and I got a picture of them. I walked...uh, walked fast...ok, I ran as fast as I could to see if the photopass people were set up to do the magic shot of Hook in Adventure Land and ...I was skunked again. I did notice that the guy I asked about doing it in the first place was still taking pictures of people with Mr. Smee and Hook. He noticed that nobody was set up to do the shot where he said they would be if they were going to be doing it, so when he saw me looking for the people he stopped what he was doing, took me to a special spot, went into the Pirates of the Caribbean gift store to borrow a plastic sword, came back out, had me pose and took some fantastic shots of me sword fighting hook. He made the day for me and I could not believe how much he went out of his way (not to mention adding more work for himself in the process) I thanked him and after he said "no sweat" and smiled he went right back to taking pictures of people with Hook and Mr. Smee....I am still in awe of his kindness:jaw: The rest of the day was spent doing the Adventure Land & Fantasy Land rides. We rode the "Pirates of the Caribbean" the most this day (oh yeah...and the Haunted Mansion..Tee Hee:mickey:) We did have to practice our Pirate "speak" to get ready for tomorrows Pirate and Princess Party so what better place to learn it....at least that's what I told my wife:) Dinner was with Mickey, Goofy, Donald & Minnie. ( Kissed 'er right on the nose I did and I gots the picture to proof it). Every time we had the option to buy the extra pictures we did, so we have alot of pictures to look at during those blistery days back home. We rode the monorail to and from the Contemporary Resort and thought it was just like something out of "Star Trek" (Technology...what a concept)After taking the bus to Old Port Royale to check it out we walked a hop, skip, and a jump "home" threw the new "stuff" on the extra bed, checked the bathroom for snakes (nothin' yet) plunked on the bed AFTER closing the bathroom door (uh...snakes and gators ya know) looked at our poor tired feet and set the alarm for an early breakfast (just WHO was that bonehead who booked another early breakfast) and then faster than you could say "Jiminy Cricket" I was...zzzzzzzz

TiggeRia
04-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Loving your reports!!! :number1: It's so much fun to read about people's first trips to WDW...it gives me goosebumps!! :mickey:

princessjojo
04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I have no clue how I've missed this until now, but I did. This is one of the best post I've read in a while.

Ribeyespud, once your children age and have kids of their own, the grandchildren along with all the other kids in the neighborhood will all be gathered on your front porch often to hear you tell them stories of everything. You are the best storyteller I've heard in a very long time. You tell them with so much emotion and with such description that I feel like I'm there with you.

That said, I wait with anticipation of your next glorious day's adventure and romance. They are spectacular to this point. I am taking some first timers and some that haven't been in almost 20 years with us in June and hope I can make their experience as fantastically magical as yours & Karen has been for ya'll.

KylesMom
04-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Beautiful - I can't wait to enjoy your next "storytelling time with Spud" installment! :mickey:

Ribeyespud
04-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Sometimes you have to go backwards before you can go forward....I say this for the simple reason that I forgot:oops: to include something that happened before we went to Chef Mickey's :mickey2:for dinner on the 31st to get ready for Karen's birthday the next day and the Pirate and Princess Party later the night of the 1st. I had been telling her that we should be on the lookout for a tiara so that she could go to the party as a Princess:princess: instead of a scurvy old pirate :pirate:(uh, note to self... it's always best not to refer to the wife as "scurvy"). Secretly I knew that the likelihood of her finding one would be about as likely as finding a milk bucket under a bull. But I also knew that I had it all arranged that a "proclaim her a princess" package would be arriving to our room before 6:00pm on the 31st courtesy of the Disney florist and the $275 dollars it cost. I knew it would have a nice tiara with rhinestones and a proclamation declaring her a princess signed by Cinderella as well as other Cinderella themed things in a nice wooden/leather girly type chest. So to make a long story even longer she would have a tiara to wear after all and thus could go to the party as a princess and not a scurvy old...uh I mean a "pretty" "young" pirate. So anyway, we're in our room to freshen up for dinner and I'm sweating it because it's like 5:25pm and nothing has been delivered yet. I got her to go outside (not once but TWICE) to call various kids on the cell phone so that I could quickly call the florist to see when it would be delivered because hey, I had a date with Minnie :minnie2:and the gang for dinner. So get this, I'm on the phone for the second time with the florist (not that I'm a worry wart mind you...:unsure:)and Ta Da they deliver the goodie basket to the door and she's STILL on the phone with the kids :call:outside our room on the balcony. So I arrange the table so it's the first thing she sees when she comes back and then hide behind the door...Now, I could take the time to explain the joy mothers get from talking to their kids on the phone but chances are if you're a lady you already understand this and apparently the longer you talk to them the more they know you love them ...I guess. So just when I was going to give up my hiding place she came in and saw the basket but not me standing right behind her. Her exact words were "Oh my goodness" and " "Who sent this?" She thought I was in the bathroom looking for snakes or something and called out my name a good three times (tee hee) she read the card and then knowing fully well I had just earned the right to "mess up" for a good week with immunity I stepped out to look at all the goodies with her. The certificate signed by cinderella is to my eyes the coolest thing in the basket, but guess what else they put in that I wasn't planning on... A GLASS SLIPPER. Egad I thought, there goes any hope I had of gaining even more brownie points because on the 1st (remember the 1st, that's what this posting was suppose to be about) she was suppose to get an engraved one for dinner at the castle. I thought getting another glass slipper would be anticlimactic, but I tried to smooth things over by asking "So where's the other slipper?" "Wasn't there two slippers in the story" She reminded me that one got broken...oh great.... Then we went to Chef Mickey's and the rest you know up until Mickey called to wake us up for an early breakfast on the 1st of April and my wife's official birthday.

princessjojo
04-12-2008, 10:05 PM
I can safely say that you have now put me through the emotional wringers. Can I please give you my DH's name and and have you give him lessons on how to be a romantic husband. She is so fortunate to have you. I am just loving your post. I'm finding such joy reading your post and hearing all of the excitement you and your wife bring to each other. You sound like two young kids who've just started to date. It's great that you two are able to keep that alive after so many years.

snerd475
04-13-2008, 01:28 PM
You're going to have to change your name to
PRINCE Ribeye Spud!:prince:
Princess Karen is lucky to have such a romantic!

cal5755
04-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Hanging on the edge of my seat for the next segment. This is the best trip report I have ever read... it is like reading a book!! This is the best first trip to the World!! Amazing.... can't wait to hear more!!

pixiesmimi
04-13-2008, 02:41 PM
ribeyespud, I don't know what you do for a living but you must be a writer. You tell such great stories! :mickey: Do you have any books out? :D I think you need to give lessons to all of our husbands. Although my DH and I had a great time for our 38th anniversary in August (first trip for just the two of us) it didn't hold a candle to yours and Karen's trip. :cloud9:

TigChatt
04-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next installment of the story. Please come teach my DH to be a romantic....he lost that...

Ribeyespud
04-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Before I begin the next day's trip report I just want to thank you for giving me some good selfestem by leaving some very kind posts concerning my "tries" at being romantic. (I give myself an "E" for effort but I believe "who doesn't like a little romance?" ...myself incuded. It should be a simple thing to make somone smile, but just like remembering what it was like being a wided eyed innocent child, some people have forgotten how that felt so maybe in the same kind of way they don't fully understand or remember the concept of how to be romantic....Well, that's what I think anyway) Either way you look at it we all like to feel good about ourselves and to feel loved so thank you again for making me feel good about my efforts....Now then... off the soapbox :soapbox:and back to Karens birthday. The 1st of April began pretty much like the day before except for the wake up call from Mickey which was way cool (I wish I would have been more awake to hear what he said but nice of him to call:mickey2:). So after breakfast with pooh and some good food not tried the day before (fresh made omelets, chocolate chip pancakes, and Whole milk with orange juice and coffee...Hey, a man's gotta eat:eat:)it was off to Frontier Land and Spash mountain. Wow, what a fantasically magical ride and with a zip a dee do da and a zip a dee hey we we're off and running for a wonderful day. There was plenty of sunshine and ....(uh, the rest of the words to the song:blush:). We both felt we couldn't live without the picture from the ride and the niftly little frame with the 3D characters and spashes of water on it so we had the picture and frame sent back to our resort gift store for pick up later (is there anything Disney doesn't think of???:encore:) I did "Big Thunder Mountain" by myself as it wasn't Karen's cup of tea. Speaking of tea I loved the tea cups and had to ride this one also by myself because it was Karens cup of...well you get the picture.I loved to spin the cup and Karen can't go around the block without getting sea sick, or in this case I guess it would be "tea" sick... yeah I know:rolleyes: So After doing more rides (Tiki room was a hoot!) we stoped by the Plaza for a shared reuben sandwitch and a banana spit (2 scoops chocolate, 1 scoop white, and lots of fudgy goodness) After lunch I promised Karen we could go back home to good 'ole room 3248 to rest A LITTLE (every party's got a pooper:)!) So after a little down time and a change into our best Pirate and Princess duds it was off to Cinderella's castle for Dinner...Hmm...dinner... don't mind if I do, see ya shortly (Hey, a man's gotta eat)

JMTStone
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
This is like a soap opera, a little bit each day. But without the DRAMA, just the JOY. Keep em coming Prince!

andreallybadeggs
04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Oh my-- how can you leave me hanging just as you're getting to the castle? Since our 4 year old DD met Cinderella on the winding staircase, that castle has had a magical hold on our family. The proof? Just this year, after half-heartedly trying to talk our little princess into staying close to home for college, we sighed and let her follow her heart to Florida. Now, on the days when she's not in classes, she is one of the happiest cast members you will ever meet. In fact, I just emailed her about your posts-- she won't want to miss them.
So-- you are talking to a "BON-E FIDE" believer in pixie dust who, like so many other Intercotees, loves to hear from others out there who really "get it". AND, while it may be many years away, I agree with the earlier poster that I think someday you and your love will be back. Till then-- hurry with the next installment. :mickey:
P.S. My sweet DH/Prince might not wax quite so eloquently but he's a kindred spirit. The POC is our special ride and he serenades me with all 5 verses on our anniversary ;)

wdwgrl377
04-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't know how i missed this post somehow?! :confused: I am so glad I came across this post, b/c I am absolutely enjoying reading this!! This is just awesome!! :mickey:

fairies*n*fireflies
04-14-2008, 12:52 AM
I am truly enjoying reading your story and only wish my dh was half as romantic.

Coccinelle
04-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Thank you so much for that wonderfull trip report. I am so happy that your trip was this much magical !

Pixie Power
04-14-2008, 10:58 AM
:clappy: Yea for more great trip reports!

& How great is it that your sweet Karen's birthday is on April 1st! :mickey:
My youngest DD's is as well. :party:

Can't wait for the next installment! :number1:

Ribeyespud
04-14-2008, 09:26 PM
So when we get to Cinderella's castle for dinner they bring us into the "waiting room" area and there she is...Cinderella herself. It was fun to watch my wife's face when she saw her. I decided to let Karen have her picture with Cinderella without me since it was her birthday (and we have two more meals in the castle anyway, so I'll have one taken of just me and one taken with both of us). As I'm standing waiting next to the photopass guy taking pictures I happen to look up and to the left and who should I happen to see but the two mice that hang out with Cinderella (Gus-Gus and... the other one) on the wall (way too cool) When it's time to go upstairs to Dinner All the little boys and girls got magic wands or swords (yeah that's right, I got my sword!:thumbsup:) As we're being seated (right by the middle window at a table for two) I couldn't help but notice how beautiful Jamee had decorated the table for us. It truly couldn't have been more magical for both of us. I didn't have to worry about there being two glass slippers because the one Jamee had engraved for me had a metal heart with rhinestones on the toe and was more beautiful then the one that Karen got on the 31st. She also had some Special Cinderella trading pins on the table for Karen. One even said Cinderella's royal table on it. I was speechless when I looked on the table and Jamee had a few surprises for me too. There was a really cool Pirates of the Caribbean trading pin and the coolest of all was two very special passes that were yellow in color and kind of looked like dollar bills. They were priority passes that took us to the front of the line of any magic kindom ride of our choice. (Even rides that don't normally use fastpasses) One pass was made out to Mr. & Mrs. Worley and the other one was made out to "the Lost Boy" in a conversation with Jamee as we we're planning the slipper for Karen I let it slip that I had always looked at myself as a lost boy. How very giving and kind that she remembered. I have two very good pictures of Jamee of I together and gave her a big hug (I couldn't thank her enough...she will be remembered always.)I was actually shaking from being so excited. Karen was very happy and I could rest in the knowlege that my brownie point tally just went up about three notches. Everything that evening was just right. The food was very good (We both had the prime rib),the view of the park outside the window couldn't be better and deserst was a special chocolate Splipper for two...Now then ...with a full belly and a swagger to me step, it was time to become a scallywag in seach of Cap'n Jack Sparrow and pirate treasures....

andreallybadeggs
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
YAY YAY YAY! The story continues. I was not kidding when I told you that my now CM daughter would want to read your posts.
As I was heading home yesterday I saw she had sent me a text. Since she is a thousand miles away and I fret about her I quickly opened it to make sure all was well. Here's what it said VER-batim...including the 3 exclamation points.
"Tell ribeyespud to hurry up w/ the part when he and his wife go the the castle. Im dying to read it !!!"
Looking forward to the swashbuckling section...sure you and the princess had a great time at the party. No ARRRRguments, of course ;)

BandMan
04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Yarrr...get to the P&P party, you scurvy knave, or I'll run ye through with me cutlass. :pirate:

Oop! :blush: I mean .. uh .. can't wait 'til the next installment. ;)

Ribeyespud
04-15-2008, 08:21 PM
What I remember most about the Pirate and Princess Party is....EVERYTHING! Where to begin, where to begin....Oh I know, the fact that apparently my costume was good enough to convince people visiting the park that I worked there. I did feel kinda bad when a boy of around 12 asked me where the funnel cakes were. I didn't know so as I saddly informed him of that I began to feel bad (not for him mind you but the more I thought about it, funnel cakes did sound awfully good. Hey, a Pirates gotta eat ya know:popcorn:). The only line I stood in all night for an atrraction was to see that blagard of the seven seas (...or at least three movies) Captain Jack Sparrow. It was fun to watch him interact with the little boy that went before karen and I. Not only did he sound like Johnny Depp but he had all the body language down to a tee. When he let the boy join his crew he even gave him a plastic gold coin...what a nice guy for a pirate I thought. Then it was our turn and I was ready for him when he asked me for my name. "Captain Nannygoat" I told him in my best (or worst depending on your point of view) pirate voice, " Because I be baaaad(insert sheep sound here) to the bone. When I showed him my sword play to become a member of his crew I thought he was impressed by my pirating skill and he very well might have been
had I not handed him a Pink Disney Princess autograph book for him to sign (what was I thinking.) Trust me when I say there was some splainin' to do to Captain Jack before I could sail with him on the Black Pearl. At that point entered Karen to explain to him that the book was hers and she was a princess (Whew, close shave that was) After some good photos and an autograph it was "for Pirate treasure we be lookin' fer". Got a smarties candy neckless and some different beads. We wanted to watch the show with Mickey by the castle but the show was canceled due to rainy weather. The parade was perfect with all the Disney Princesses and Princes on floats except for Aladin and Jasmine (they rode horses). When Aladin rode by us he saw Karen's birthday button and looked right at her and said "Happy Birthday Karen" which was cool because we both were sitting on the curb. The pirate float with the ship that shoots it's cannons was awesome. After Tinkerbell waved to me from on top of her big treasure chest all I could think of is that I could die happy now. After the Peter Pan gang went by I saw it...no, I think I heard it first... the Alligator who swallowed the alarm clock (just what I need to see in florida a giant gator. Now THAT helped to calm my fears for bedtime and the bathroom check.:eek:) After the parade we waited for the fireworks but they were postponed because of the rain so we decided to ride a few rides and headed to the Haunted Mansion. Now here's some food for thought, uh....the Haunted Mansion looks creepy enough at night, then when you add in the real rain and fake thunder it really sets the mood (Gulp). Ok, now we get to the door and it's locked and I'm thinking maybe we went the wrong way for the entrance. Well just as I'm thinking we should go away, the door burst open and this tall, thin, bald cast member in his Mansion outfit "welcomes" us in. He keeps walking like right behind me to tease me I guess, but I know it was just a ride so although he was doing a good job as a ghost butler kind of guy as long as he stayed his distance it was fine. In the room where all the pictures stretch I told my wife to keep an eye on the ceiling when the lights went out for a scary surprise. She did and when the lights go on I start to talk to her about how great an effect that was and she seemed to be looking past me so I do one of those cartoon double takes when I start to turn around to see what see's looking at. Right beside me three feet away was Mr. ghost butler kind of guy who had tilted his head in such a way as to stare at me with one "evil" eye. Apparently he started doing this right before the lights went out and waited for me to see him. Now, I move pretty fast for an older fellow when I need to and yes indeedy I sure needed to. I was like...:bolt:. No kidding, I still can see this guy when I close my eyes....I didn't do the Haunted Mansion anymore the rest of the night. Bless his little ghostly heart. I would have loved to have my picture taken with him, but with my luck I'd be standing right next to him and when the picture was developed I'd be standing just by myself(Double gulp!!!). The rest of the night was so fun I'm glad I bought tickets for another Pirate and Princess Party on the 4th. Oh, yeah we missed the fireworks this night because the Haunted Mansion ride broke down when we were inside it. I didn't mind at all though because we we right by Madame Leota's hovering head in the dark and it was amazing to hear everything she said and look around at stuff we missed. Besides....There's always time for the fireworks on the 4th. Before we called it a night we bought some really great exclusive Pins and a shirt that just come out for the party. All in all I give this night a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10.

TiggeRia
04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Sounds like it was a wonderful night!! I haven't been to that particular party yet, but it's on my list of things to do--especially the meeting Captain Jack Sparrow part!!! :cloud9: Looking forward to reading more! :mickey:

cal5755
04-16-2008, 02:04 PM
:clappy::yay::party2:

Love your dinner at CRT!! How magical!! And what fun at the party... the HM part was my favorite... can't wait to read the next installment. I am hoping this vacation never ends as reading each segment brings me to the World as I feel your happiness, excitement and magic.

poeticeclipse
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Hooray! Great update. Haunted Mansion CM's have scared me before quite a bit. Once they put some kind of ferret thing on my shoulder. I was 13 and hadn't been on HM yet.... let's just say I didn't finish the trip through the mansion on that vacation. I was a huge "chicken."

g8rgirl29
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Wow, what a wonderful trip!! You are a fantastic story teller!! I am so happy to have found this thread and anxiously await the next installment!! You have brought tears to my eyes on numerous occasions!! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us!!!! Disney really is the most magical place on earth for those of us that remain young at heart!!!

Mackflava99
04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I hope all your memories will be magic-

You are a wonderful person to do this for your wife-

Ribeyespud
04-17-2008, 07:09 PM
The last thing we did the night of the Pirate and Princess Party (uh, that would be before we bought the "stuff" to take home and before we went to bed) was to go check out which Princesses were going to be meeting people at Mickey's Toontown Fair. We got there around 9:40ish so I wasn't sure if we could make it in time to see the princesses, but sure enough, they hadn't stopped anyone from going to stand in line. When we checked the overhead board showing which characters were going to be meeting people (right before you get in line to see the princesses), I told Karen that if Snow White was there I JUST HAD to meet her. You see, Snow White was the first Disney cartoon I saw on the big screen as a child and she holds a special place in my heart. On the board announcing which characters will be meeting with people there are circular removable disks with the pictures of the characters available for autographs, pictures, or just to meet. There... right before my eyes was a lovely little picture of Snow White in one of the hanging disks.(The joy that I felt had to be contained inside my heart, because I couldn't very well tell my wife that I had a school boy's crush on Snow White.) I convinced my wife that Cinderella was there too and quickly made my way to the line all the while trying to look nonchalant. I didn't think the line was that long but I forgot that the Princesses take their time (rightfully so) with each guest so that they can talk to them and get pictures and autographs. As the time ticked away I remembered that I read somewhere that the Princesses stop meeting people at around 11:30 and although I didn't know for sure what time it was I was getting nervous that it would be close to closing time by the time we got to Snow White(...uh, I mean ALL the Princesses,...yeah ,...that's what I mean). I didn't know it at the time, but Karen told me later that they cut off the line right after her. All I know is that there... in the far left corner she stood... in all her Princess glory. When it was my turn to see her I blurted out the truth. I told her that I had been in love with her since I was a little boy....She was so gracious and kind. She giggled in a "Snow White" kind of way and told me that "Grumpy could take lessons from you" I know it may sound silly, but I will remember this for always, and smile...I slept like a baby this night....

TinkerbellT421
04-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Ok, so I have been reading this since Tuesday, every chance I get a quick break at work...kinda been slacking off in order to read everything lol. And this is where it stops :-( lol. I absolutely love this story; It is amazing, I cant even be sure how to explain the emotions I feel when I read this. I have been having a very emotionally stressful week. Thank god that stress is now over. And I have been reading this story and it almosts feels as though it took my mind off the stresses and into a story (like when I read my books lol) and I could picture everything taking place. I am fortunate enough to have been able to recently purchase some DVC prop @ SSR this month w/ my DBF, we are going in January. We go every year. And I have to say we take advantage of the fact that we have the capability (after all year we save money every week) to go. I love to hear you experiences there and the true meaning of Disney Magic. :cloud9:
Congratulations on going and hope to see you there soon. Some day, in the next few years me and the DBF plan on moving to florida and working in the theme parks. And I can be Cinderella :thumbsup::blush:

cal5755
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Snow White is the best isn't she.... glad you got meet her!! :mickey:

JavaDuck
04-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for bringing a smile at the end of a crazy stressful week. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful trip. My partner and I are going to WDW for 7 days this August (about 100 days away). We've been together for almost 12 years, and this is our 1st big vacation together. So, I know how exciting you are. The countdown clock is on my work computer and home computer, slowly ticking the time away. Have lots of fun on your trip!

2Epcot
04-18-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm also one of those who somehow missed this post until today. I've read all of them at one time and have to say this is the best trip report I've ever read. What a wonderful experience to visit for the first time, and have so many great memories. I know nothing makes me happier then taking someone to Disneyland or Walt Disney World who have never been there, and seeing the parks for the first time again with them. Reading all of your post reminds me of my first visit. Thanks for sharing this great trip with us.

Ribeyespud
04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
The morning of the 2nd started with another wake up call from Mickey (Bless his little mousey heart...). Now, I have learned early on during our "honeymoon" that coffee in the morning is a wonderful thing to help get the pixie dust flowing and the memories of the prior days events flooding back into my mind. (...Not to mention helping me lose that grumpy disposition toward THAT GUY who planned nothing but early breakfast sittings). Today's breakfast of choice was found in Cinderella's Castle with a very nice waiter (...and a table by one of the windows so we could see all the rides of the park.) The waiter's jovial personality was as fresh and delightful as the food. Karen and I really enjoyed the stuffed french toast and fresh fruit (even now in the background she is naming everything from the meal and saying that she would eat there again...hmm...perhaps I detect a seed planted to be culivated for a return trip:secret:) Right after we had our picture taken together with Cinderella and before being seated at our table we were able to get another plastic sword and wand for decorations on the wall back home and gifts to the kids.(Sweet!!!) I let the cat out of the bag when talking to the waiter that I wanted to try to wake up Tinkerbell (being a Lost Boy and all). I was just to tired and sore the previous days to try to be the first one to Tinkerbell's Treasures ...and probably too far away since we ate at the Crystal Palace. The waiter suggested after all the Princesses had come by the table to go down early and "scope" out how to get from point A to point B in such a way as to be first in the store and achieve the ultimate goal of all Lost Boys which is naturally waking up Tinkerbell so she could power all the rides with her pixie dust (...well,...I just added in the part about pixie dust powering the rides, but hey....how else do they do it!?!) So after the joy of meeting with some beautiful princesses like Aurora, Belle, and Jasmine, oh yeah, *sigh*:cloud9: Snow White was there too...:heart: I took his advice and let Karen handle the "damages" with the waiter while I went to figure out what to do. The hostess of Cinderella's Royal Table pointed out to me what door to go through at Tinkerbells Treasures when they drop the rope to open the park so with a firm upper lip (and a lump in my throat) I lined up at the rope. I could see the path in my mind that I wanted to take and was very hopeful until three things happened. First I overheard other people (Dad's and Mother's with their children) who wanted to try it, then a cast member came over to a little girl and asked if she would like to wake up tinkerbell and then told her how to do it, and finally all the strollers were moved out of the way to give more of an opening for the guests entering the park. This was not going to be easy. I struck up a conversation with two dads waiting with their little girls who wanted to wake up Tink. One guy and his daughter just missed waking her up by one person...great I thought, someone who's really determined :( As I was speaking to them a light bulb went off over my head (two heads, or in this case, three heads ...are better then one I thought). They thought so too so we decided to yell "WE" want to wake up Tinkerbell, not Just "I" want to wake up Tinkerbell. That way if one of us got there first we would share in the waking. Well, by that time the Mickey watch I had on was telling me any second now the rope would be coming down. In the twinkling of an eye and the flutter of pixie dust, the rope came down. Keeping with our alliance I made it to the door first (by walking fast and not running) and began yelling as loud as I could "We want to wake up Tinkerbell". I kept it up and made sure the ladys working heard me and those in the alliance made it over to Tinks treasure chest box where she lives. Saddly ...with all alliances, there always seems to be one person who wants to throw the others under a buss. One of the Dads quickly said that the Cast member outside told a "little girl" she could wake up tinkerbelll. (Leaving out the part that the little girl was his child) I countered quickly with "But we three decided to ban together and wake her up as a team". So the two little girls and one 44 year old man child, the girls hold wands and taping Tink's home and I reaching my arm out pointing at it said "Wake up Tinkerbell"....but nothing happened, until that is the Cast Member said "Tink... come on... it's time to wake up." At that there was a flash of light from Tink's home and the sound of pixie dust falling as Tink flew from her home, went to a box on the wall and continued to a desk in the corner. The girls lined up for their certificates for waking Tink and I sheepishly ask if I could have one too. The head Cast Member said "Are you sure you were yelling? When you came in we didn't hear you." I started to plead my case saying I was the one yelling and then I realized she was teasing me... and she graciously gave me a certificate too...and said "Yes my dear, you may have one too" Then she showed me where Tink flys to in the store and we all looked into the key hole of the desk and watched Tink light up with a flash...This magic moment and meeting Peter Pan with always be my "happy Thought" when it comes to remembering how to fly....with alittle help from faith, and trust...oh yeah, and alittle pixie dust.

g8rgirl29
04-20-2008, 09:54 AM
:tink:You are killing me here!!!!!!!:sob: You have me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for posts!! I don't know what I am going to do when your trip report is finished!! I am so glad you and Princess Karen had such an incredible vacation!!!:party: Sounds like someone may be real receptive to you planning another trip!!;) Thanks again for sharing your trip!!!!!

andreallybadeggs
04-20-2008, 11:24 AM
So glad you three kids got to wake Tink...but
HERE is the part that really got my attention...

(even now in the background she is naming everything from the meal and saying that she would eat there again...hmm...perhaps I detect a seed planted to be culivated for a return trip)

We've been tellin' ya...you're hooked, matie.
Start saving and we'll see ya in the world!:thumbsup:

Ribeyespud
04-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Shortly after waking Tinkerbell, Karen joined me at Tinkerbell's Treasures where we found a cheap snowglobe of Tinkerbell sitting on top of a perfume spray bottle. We both liked it so much that we thought we'd give it a new home in good old Greene, Iowa. Since we hadn't even scratched the surface of Tommorrow Land yet we made it our mission to begin there to do rides. We had a "blast" (literally) in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. To my surprise Karen liked this ride very much (although she didn't even COME CLOSE to my score...don't ask me how I did it, I just pointed at target thingys and shot). When we saw how intently we were both concentrating on aiming in the picture they take of you on the ride we just HAD to buy it (can anyone say matching frame...To Infinity and Beyond!!!) Karen knew I wanted to try to do all the rides (well...all the ones we could fit in) so she told me that she didn't mind waiting while I rode Space Mountain. Yeah for me!!!:coaster: This is one ride I remember doing when my Mom and I went to Disneyland as a kid, and it did bring back some nice memories of that day together. As I rode the ride I was reminded that my body isn't as flexible as it once was so I was kinda hoping this ride would loosen up my bones and make me more limber (it worked too...except for the loosening up my bones and making me more limber part). As I was a was getting off the ride (...more of a stumbling really) and was walking (...more of a staggering really) away from the ride I distinctly heard someone yelling "Sir!, Sir!!,.. Excuse me, Sir!". My first thought was, is he yelling at me and if so what did I do wrong? Maybe I looked so stiff getting off the ride that he thought my bones we're already half dust and needed help as I staggered to the exit. So anyway...I slowly turn around and this guy runs over to me and says "You're my winner!" and hands me a Year of a Million Dreams FastPass Lanyard for the Magic Kingdom. Not only did I put it on right away but the stiffness in my body melted away to be replaced by the wonderment of joy as I ran to show Karen what I just won. She told me that we would have to try to make good use of the fastpass the rest of the day (YES!!!! He shoots he scores...) We knew who Stitch was but neither of us have ever seen the movie "Lilo & Stitch" so as we did the ride Stitch is in it peaked our interest enough to buy the movie when we got back to Iowa. During the ride Stitch kinda grew on us. well, ...up until he burped and spit on us (naughty little imp...come to think of it, he reminds me of my children...uh, I mean in a good kind of "burping and spitting" way:stitch2:)

fairies*n*fireflies
04-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Congrats on your Fastpass win!!!:party2:
I really enjoyed your tale of waking Tink. That is something I would love my girls to experience!:tink:

princessjojo
04-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Ok, so if I'm reading correctly, you're on day 3 and have had more magic than many families have had on their entire trip. It kills my DH every time I read your new entry, because the whole time I'm sitting here saying to myself, "No way!!!" "You've got to be kidding," "Uhhhhh!!!" and then I take a long and much needed breath. It's like the Disney version of a Harlequin Romance.

So my question to you is this, when is your next trip? Karen seems to be carefully cultivating, the seed many of us plant in the all important travel section of our significant others brain when we begin our departures home from Disney.

cal5755
04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
There is sure to be another trip in your future :mickey:

Great on the fastpasses too!!!!

Ribeyespud
04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
By now this far into our trip report I feel I should pause and state that of which I know to be true. For this trip, I was only wishing that we would have a good time and that I would be able to pull off the glass slipper for my wife's birthday dinner. But right from the start this vacation became everything I hoped for and much, much more. I'm not so sure that had we been able to stay in Cinderella's Suite it would have made it any more magical for us. All the months of learning about Disney World and planning out as much details as I could really paid off in the end.....and I am fully aware of how blessed we were in having so many "magical moments" come our way. More than a few times people who have been to Disney World alot in their lives told us that they had never been as lucky as we had been on our 1st trip.....Now then, where'd we leave off on our trip report? Ah yes, ...Tomorrow Land rides. We had by now been able to ride most rides in the Magic Kingdom and we still had the Pirate and Princess Party on the 4th, so we decided to finish whatever rides we wanted to then. Instead we would shop and Meet Ariel in her grotto. I always thought it would be cool to ride Dumbo in the nice warm sunshine of the day so we decided to cash in one of the special fastpasses we got during Karen's Birthday Dinner (The yellow ones that look like dollars). We had time before we went to lunch in Cinderella's castle so we walked to the line for the ride and it was really long. I found a Cast Member working there and gave him our fastpass and just as promised on the fastpass we were taking to the front of the line. The cast member was even gracious enough to take our picture in Dumbo for the photopass book I was going to make. We slowly made our way to the castle for lunch and we both were so happy with Major Domo's Pie that we told the waiter to please give our regards to the Chef and so right after she left she came back with the Chef :chef:so that we could tell him ourselves. He was very appreciative and told us he would pass the word to the people in the kitchen. This was one of two meals that got the highest honors of our trip. What amazed us most about Disney World was how good the quality of everything was. As a big fan of good cotton candy I could not believe how much flavor there was in the strawberry cotton candy I got one night.(...don't even get me started on the Mickey Mouse Chocolate bars...:yay:) When lunch was done we got in line to see the Little Mermaid at her grotto and when it was our turn to see her I thought I would be tongue tied because "Holy Moley" was she beautiful. She had the sweetest personality next to Snow White (please don't tell Snow White I said that) and was very kind and caring. On the inside I know I was blushing but thankfully you couldn't tell it in the pictures. Well, I could easily move into the Magic Kingdom (I'm thinkin' right between Minnie and Mickey's house) but it was time to start doing some other parks. So Karen and I headed for our resort home to drop off "stuff", check the bathroom for snakes in the pipes, (one can't be too careful you know.), and get ready for our first taste of Epcot...

thejens
04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I've been waiting to get to the end of your story to post, but I just had to chime in with WOW! Your trip is amazing and you haven't even left MK yet!! I am so happy for you both. Thanks for writing such an entertaining report. The nice thing about WDW is that even without the extra magic moments it is still very magical!

Magic Smiles
04-21-2008, 07:20 AM
WOW!
As someone else mentioned this is a Disney Harlequin Romance. If you are not a writer, then you should be.
So glad that you had such a wonderful trip. We are going for our 20th Anniversary (7 May) and if my trip is 1/10th as magical as yours I will be ecstatic! Can't wait until the next 'Chapter'. Hope that you plan on posting some photos for us to enjoy.

BandMan
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
As I rode the ride I was reminded that my body isn't as flexible as it once was so I was kinda hoping this ride would loosen up my bones and make me more limber (it worked too...except for the loosening up my bones and making me more limber part).

:funny: As I read this, I busted out laghing, right in the middle of study hall. All the students looked at me :blush: , but that's okay. It made my day.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
04-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I remember when you first posted your story. I'm so happy to read that you are living your dream right now!!!!

It's wonderful to hear of delightful news when I've just been surrounded by months of really bad/sad news. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us - a bunch of strangers out here in the cyberworld.

I'm sending you happy thoughts and hopes for more magic!!!
:magic::magic::magic::magic::magic::magic::magic:

Gooftroop5
04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
This is such a great report & I love reading it. Both dh & my birthday are during our trip this year. I'm torn about telling dh about everything you did cause he might expect everything for his birthday :D. Of course so would I. :blush:

Glad you had so much fun. I hope our trip is 1/2 as magical as yours. It will be our younger 2 first trip. Our older 1 3rd trip but the 1st one she will really remember. :mickey:

Ribeyespud
04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Sorry about the delay in posting further information on our vacation but now that I'm back to work I have been trying to get in the "groove" of things. I certainly have wanted to get back to this trip report though because at the end of some of my work days it has felt like it truly is a dog eat dog world and I've been the one wearing the pants with a seat made out of Milk Bones:dog:...How great it is to close my eyes, remember our vacation, and gain some pixie dust in the process. So pixie dust here I come...:tink: Upon arriving at Epcot we met up with the Photopass people and had some nice pictures taken with the "shrubbery" in the shape of the characters. It seems we came to Epcot during their famous Flower and Garden Festival so we had a blast looking at all the characters made out of...some type of "organic" material dealing with grass/flowers/plants...:flower: Sadly I don't have a green thumb (though from time to time I have been green with envy...) so I really don't have an understanding about how to make "planty" things grow. Somewhere along the way sadly, I have become a professional assassin of sorts when it comes to plant care. Having said that, I don't understand Opera either, but I know what I like (...and it sure isn't Opera) but anyway we really enjoyed the artistry of the designs and smelling the flowers. Since we had a late dinner reservation, when we arrived at Epcot the sun was going down and I was in awe of how pretty the Spaceship Earth ball looked in the twilight...that is...until I saw the stunningly beautiful big water fountain on our way to go to the Garden Grille. (When I noticed the pin points of light in the cement on the walk way I thought for a second Tinkerbell had just flown by:magic:). I loved the way they lit up. When we checked in for our reservation we were a little early so as we were standing there I happened to look down the escalator and saw the ride "Soaring". It didn't appear to have a line so we thought we'd go check it out. The key phrase here is "It didn't APPEAR to have a line" because we soon discovered that we had been tricked by an optical illusion and just 'cause you can't see a line by the doorway doesn't mean it's not there on the inside. Well, there's always tomorrow we thought and besides, we wanted to have fun riding the escalator anyway...The food at the Garden Grille was "organic" (there's that word again...I get scared just thinking about it!). We thought it tasted ok, but what we found really fun was posing and playing with Chip & Dale :chipdale:and Pluto. I even got a big sloppy "Slurp" from Pluto:pluto:...Well,...I think that's what it was unless it was a "Burp":sick:...Nah, Pluto and I were buds (I could tell 'cause he rubbed my bald head) so I'm sure it was a friendly little lick. Mickey:mickey2: looked sharp in his farming clothes and stopped pickin' carrots long enough to hang out with us too. During dinner when we weren't playing with the gang or eating, we were peering over the rails to look at the different scenery as the restaurant rotated. It wasn't until the next day that we discovered that the scenery was part of a ride. (More on that later). Once again, like so many countless times in my life, God's existence was proven to me when after dinner my wife said to me, "Well, I guess we should go back to the Magic Kingdom since you won the fastpass and we shouldn't let it go to waste." After giving her a half hearted, "If you think we should", I grabbed her by the hand and walked as quickly to the exit as I could...Epcot wasn't going anywhere and we'd be back tomorrow so...Haunted Mansion and Dream Fastpass rides here I come...

thejens
04-25-2008, 05:40 PM
thank you for continuing your story! I am sure I was not the only one waiting with baited breath!

pink
04-25-2008, 06:11 PM
It sounds like you a had a great trip! I'm having a blast reading your trip reports- thanks for sharing and I can't wait until the next installment! :mickey:

robyn221
04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
it has felt like it truly is a dog eat dog world and I've been the one wearing the pants with a seat made out of Milk Bones:dog:......

That's a good one. I'm going to "borrow" that one!

Thanks for the wonderful trip reports! It really is so much fun reliving your first trip with you!

Here's wishing you many more!

Robyn:mickey:

javamama
04-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I can't tell you how many times you made me cry, tears of joy. I hope when I'm married 21 years I have a trip of a lifetime like Karen, and you had. I guess this is what true love is, and not just for the mouse:D
Glad your trip was a great one, many more to come I hope! Thanks for sharing it with us:thumbsup:

cal5755
04-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Another AMAZING day!! You are making me think I should take a honeymoon for my 15th anniversary in 2 years!! We never had a honeymoon...we went straight from reception to home and work the next day. I never really thought about taking a delayed one until I started reading this thread... We are taking our 4th trip to Disney as a family this year... Maybe DH and I should take a long weekend alone for our 15th.... if we have 1/4 of the magic you have had together it would be amazing!!

cajunbaby1
04-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Your wife and family are so very lucky to have you!! I am glad so had the opportunity to share such a magical experience. Hopefully you guys can return together or even with the kids to share the magic.:pixie: Now if only I can find myself a fabulous prince:prince:....

pwdebbie
04-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Have you posted any pictures yet of you and your dw on the trip?

When my dh and I went last year, it was our "once in a lifetime" trip. But as soon as we were on the road, he turned to me and said, "So, when are we going back?" I really don't think this will be you "only trip" to WDW either -- you'll be back!

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007
praying / hoping / wishing / dreaming for March or April, 2009 or 2010.

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2008, 11:28 AM
This is becomming a great thing. I keep looking to see if there is additions and the feeling I need more. Keep it up can not wait for more.

Ribeyespud
04-27-2008, 10:21 AM
On the morning of April 3rd I realized that waking up this day wasn't to much of a struggle. I'd like to think that my body was getting used to the late nights and early mornings, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that my wife forgot to close the bathroom door when we went to bed. I can read the headlines already... Man dies of multiple snake bites at Walt Disney World, wife to collect insurance money..Hmmm...she did have a funny look in her eye when we went to bed last night. Well, ...I suppose it could be my imagination (note to self: Keep eye on the wife and double check the bathroom door before bed...just in case)Today breakfast was at the Grand Floridian with Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh, and Tigger. I was really looking forward to meeting the Mad Hatter :hatter: and Alice while my wife kept looking for Mary Poppins. When Mary Poppins came to our table Karen asked her where the children were and Mary said, "With their father like they ought to be." She said it so prim and proper that I immediately sat up straight in my chair and checked to make sure my shirt wasn't untucked (Whew...it wasn't) after getting my picture taken with her she left so I could let my gut out again and act like my old self (unless I see her headed back my way...Gulp...) Alice was a little sweetheart, but bursting into the room in all his top hatted splender was my main man the Mad Hatter. After making fun of the fact I was drinking dirt in water (uh...that's coffee to you and me) and not tea, we got three pictures of him. Due to the fact that he must be part ghost or something, all the pictures that I have of him turned out blurry. Well, ok...my camera did tell me to change the batteries. (Personally I like the ghost theory.) After eating breakfast and catching the monorail, it was time for our only full day at Epcot. After meeting with the Photopass people for a magic shot with Stitch eating ice cream we decided since we had lunch at the Rose and Crown Pub to go to the World's Showcase and walk around. We didn't happen to notice the time when we headed that way and couldn't see that it hadn't opened yet until we got to the bridge that had the "closed" rope on it. As we were milling around we walked by some people just standing there and I found myself stoping dead in my tracks. One of the guys standing there looked very familiar to me and I couldn't figure out why. As the clouds in my mind began to part, I recognized him from the Year of A Million Dream's Commericials. I started to talk to him about seeing him on TV and he was really a nice guy. He told me to "Stand right "here" for a minute, not even a minute" and in about 30 seconds he began yelling about the Year Of A Million Dreams. He gave Karen and I Epcot Dream Fastpasses and a smile to go along with them!...Oh what a day this is going to be I thought....:cloud9:

kelly.garrett
04-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Wow! Are you sure this wasn't all a dream? :)

I can't wait to read more.

Ribeyespud
04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
After we received our Dream Fastpasses we went to a gift store that had just opened to look around and let it sink in that we just met the guy from the Year Of A Million Dreams commercials. When looking around I saw what at the time I thought would be a good idea for our day in Epcot (...this from the guy who booked nothing but very early breakfasts). Apparently great minds think a like because Karen saw the same thing at about the same time. Since we both thought it would be fun, we bought what we had found...an Epcot Passport. Now...to use this correctly, you walk to all the countries in the World Showcase and find the "Kidcot" place where they will stamp your passport (with a rubber stamp of Mickey's head in the dress of that country) and write something in the passport using that country's language. We had some time before lunch, so we knocked off the 1st three countries and looked around a little in each place. We were enjoying ourselves in Epcot but as we went to each country we began to become aware of how much walking that would need to be done to finish the Passport. (Whose bright idea was this!?!) Orginally we weren't going to be doing alot of rides at Epcot but after getting the Fastpasses we felt like we should use them as much as we could. To this day our passport is missing a few countries...But oh, the rides we rode:dance:

JMTStone
04-29-2008, 04:37 PM
What's next, Spud?

Ribeyespud
04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
By the time lunch came around Karen and I were ready to rest our weary bones. We found the British Pub "The Rose and Crown" a most relaxing place to achieve this largely due to the adult atmosphere (...that and the pint of Harp's Larger :cheers: I had * Hick *...) The meal was enjoyable and it was fun trying the different types of UK cheese. (Now I know why the cartoon characters Wallace and Gromit eat all that cheese :puppy: ...Get off me cheese Gromit!!) The waitress was from Ireland and she answered questions about her homeland for me. (Yes, they do believe in :gold:'s, no they won't share the gold...)After lunch it was all about doing the rides we won fastpasses on...Nowadays when I think of Epcot two words immediately spring to mind, "Mission Mars". Let me tell you, Captain Kirk and Spock have nothin' on me! After doing the ride twice I felt like one of the few and the proud :flag: and felt ready for space travel. (Which is a good thing since my wife thinks I've been "spaced" out for years...) Hands down, this was my favorite ride of the day...Well, I guess I forgot Soarin', so it's a toss up between those two for the day's top spot. The thing I discovered I liked most of all about Soarin' was the "landing" part. As much as I don't like gators :gator: and snakes, I'm not a very close friend to "heights" either. So although I liked the ride very much and would do it again... I was very happy to touch good old "Terra Firma" again (...this from the guy ready to go to space...well, maybe I'll just watch "Star Trek" and call it good.) The ride that surprised me the most was the viking boat ride in Norway. (Ya just gotta love a ride with trolls in it). Oh yeah, when we did the "Living with the Land" ride we saw the same landscapes (only a much, much better view) that we saw the night before peeking over the railing while eating at the garden grille...well, what do you know, you do learn somethin' new every day... After doing the rest of the Fastpass rides we found ourselves working again on going to all the countries in the Epcot passport we bought. The more we walked, the more tired we became (...you know you're tired when you start to see "mirages"...)and the more tired we became, the more "Slap Happy" we got. We were giggling like school girls and looking for anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) who we thought could sign that old passport so we could get out of that country and go to another. When we got to China and checked out that really tall pretty building with all the different colors in it I knew Karen had enough of "doing" the Passport for awhile when she told me that she saw someone around the corner and told me to get her to sign the book so we can go eat dinner. As I rounded the corner, I stopped to explain to Karen that I didn't think it was Mulan's job to stamp our Passport. So instead, we just had our picture taken with her and went back to Norway for Dinner at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall....

garymacd
04-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Ribeye, I finally got around to reading this entire post from start to finish and knew that you would have a wonderful time. You and your beloved wife certainly deserved this trip! I told you so when I was lucky enough to be first to welcome you to Intercot.

Your posts have inspired me. We have been to WDW many times and enjoyed all the trips; the early ones with our kids and the last couple by ourselves, but I have never known where to find my wife a glass slipper. If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me and let me know which florist you got the Princess package from? (I am certain there are probably a lot of other husbands out there who would like to know) I would definitely appreciate that. We are down to 26 days, and counting to our next anniversary trip.

Wish me luck. Can't wait to read the rest of your posts.

HndrdPrcnt
04-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Ribeye, I can not even begin to tell you how much I am enjoying reading your pre-trip and trip reports!! I have to tell you that I am very happy to see that your wife is considering a future trip to WDW!! I am currently pushing for a return trip!! Hopefully I will get there again! Our previous trip was beyond amazing, but when we returned, I was given news that changed our lives ever since - I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was given 6 months to live. Praise God we found a surgeon who performed a procedure on me and saved my life!! I have learned from that whole experience that we must make the most of our every day and take the time to enjoy time with our loved ones. So, what better place to do that than WDW??!!??

I can't wait to read about the remaining days of your trip!! I again have to thank you for your reports!! They are so chalked full of details and to hear your excitement is so much fun!!

ltam16
05-01-2008, 10:09 AM
I have really enjoyed reading your posts. Your trip has been amazing I think because though you weren't expecting it or searching it out, you found the magic in it all! Your wife and you sound like you have a wonderful relationship and it is inspirational!

You are a fabulous story teller and I am anxiously awaiting your next post!

Ribeyespud
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I remember dinner at the Ankershus Royal Banquet Hall for a number of reasons. Although the meal was good and the princesses were fun, what stood out to me was how beautifull Belle looked in her yellow ball gown. :curtsy:...that and how a certain mermaid had me completely under her spell. During our vacation we had so many meals with all the princesses that toward the end of our trip whenever they would see us again, it was like a family reunion at uncle Bob's. (...Toward the end I thought I could see a hint of fear in Jasmine's eyes when ever she saw me, she had to be thinking...Is this guy stalking me or what!?!) So just when everything seemed like nothing was there that would surprise me...out SHE came. Now,...I feel a need to pause here for a moment to explain that I am a really big Kate Winslet (of the movie "Titanic") fan as well as red headed ladies in general. Having said that, I was not expecting Ariel to be at dinner looking like Kate Winslet's prettier sister and decked out in her own ball gown...she even had a flower in her hair. My eyes darted around to make sure Snow White wasn't anywhere near me as Ariel came to our table. (Hey, I don't want Snow White to think I've forgotten about her). The only words that I could get to come out of my mouth as I sat there were "You look beautiful". As I swallowed the lump in my throat, she thanked me for noticing and said she had remembered to use her "dingle hopper" in the morning. (...She had me at "Hello"...) The rest of the dining experience was pretty uneventful but by this time it didn't matter since my heart had already been warmed by seeing Ariel in her dress. Before we left Epcot we stopped into a store in Canada to buy some great maple candies and chocolate. Sadly we knew that tomorrow would be our last day in the parks and it would be a big one so we decided to head back "home" and get some sleep (but not before checking to make sure the bathroom door was closed)...

cal5755
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Well your trip has been beautiful so far. I am sad your last day is tomorrow too.... I don't want to stop reading!! This has been by far the bestest trip report ever. Isn't Belle just stunning at Akershus... my kids love going there as a matter of fact we have adr's for lunch on our first day this Sept.

I do think you should start teaching a class in romance though... I will be the first one to sign up my DH :mickey:

Ribeyespud
05-05-2008, 02:48 PM
On April 4th which was our last full day at Disney World we decided to "Shoot the Moon" and start off with breakfast at the Animal Kindom, followed by lunch at Epcot, head over to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a show and then cap off the night with a Pirate and Princess Party at the Magic Kingdom. Even though I get tired just thinking about it now, this is exactly what we did. Since we didn't have alot of time at the Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Disney's Hollywood Studios we thought we would just try to do a few things at each one and enjoy the atmosphere and the Photopass people. So anyway ...our day begins at the Animal Kingdom and breakfast at the Tusker House with Donald Duck:donald:. This breakfast was the greatest, most scrumptious, delightful, and entertaining of all the breakfasts that we booked. (not only that, it was "fabtabulous" to boot...) They specialize in some kind of Jungle Juice made from some jungle fruit that I don't remember the name but from the this moment on will be forever remembered as the sweet & lovely...."Jungle Juice type thingy". All the different selections from fresh omlets to quiche and fresh fruit to sausage (...and everything in between) had pleasantly amazed us both. Up until now we had thought we had seen the best that Disney offered for breakfast. (If I were an octopuss I would have to give it eight thumbs way up. :thumbsup:) During breakfast I received my 1st character kiss (unless you count a "lick" from Pluto as a kiss). Sure I had kissed Minnie on the nose, but she hadn't returned the favor...I did catch Mickey giving her the old evil eye, so perhaps she didn't want to upset their domestic bliss. I guess Daisy must feel that Donald is more secure in their relationship because she gave me a nice friendly smack right on the cheek.(...and I'm preety sure she was "batting" her eyes):blush: After breakfast (did I mention how good it was?...) Goofy came around and he was,...that is to say he...well, he was "Goofy" ...but in the best possible way a goof can be. He was hands down Da Man ... or in this case Da Dog (...Or whatever). I have a great picture of him dancing with Karen. (Hey, she didn't fuss when Daisy kissed me so I thought why not, after all, it's just Goofy) Once again we bought the picture of us they had taken before we ate, and after a much entertaining jungle dance with Goofy and all the kids in attendance we left with smiling faces and bellies to match. The beautiful thing about eating an early breakfast is when you are done you are right in the park. Having said that, when the rope dropped I was the guy running (...while panting and sweating and wishing I hadn't just eaten so much....Ok, I don't regret all the good food, but I do regret being out of shape) to the Roller Coaster ride with the Yeti. After running in the wrong direction a few times I found it before the line got very long or I passed out (...or both) and I must say the ride was well worth the run. At first I thought "This is it? Big Deal" Until you suddenly go backward and the Yeti is there ripping up the track and then I thought "THIS IS IT! IT IS A BIG DEAL!"...best Roller Coaster ride of my life...:coaster: Karen and I made it over to the tree of life to watch the 3D movie about "It's A Bug's Life" and from the very start when the curtain reveals itself to be really a bunch of butterflies hovering we were both hooked....until the "acid" hit us (mean little acid throwin' bug anyway)...we were still hooked, only now we were hooked and wet. Oh well,....I guess it really is hard to be a bug....:bug: Before we left for lunch at Epcot we had a picture taken by the tree of life by the photopass girl and a "magic shot" picture of Karen holding a baby Simba that looks so cute (...and Simba doesn't look too bad either)

MizMissy
05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Yay!!!:party:
I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports. I was so sad that we were reaching the last day, but at least I know it's going to take you 2 or 3 more installments to finish the last day, then, hopefully, you will do a re-cap or summary or highlights and that could take another few posts, so this thread could just keep going and going....Until you start with a pre-trip report for your next trip!:D

Mrs.Mickey
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow! I hope when I am married that long we still want to run around disney like that. Its so nice to hear about people still in love after being married so long!

robyn221
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Again, thank you very much for the great trip report(s). Any chance you'll post some of those great pics you mention?

Robyn:mickey:

Ribeyespud
05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey for anyone who would like to see some pictures of our trip and some magic shots just left click on "ribeyespud" use the drop down and go to my homepage. I figured out how to put pictures on so I'll be adding more and fixing the ones that are little. I'll post more trip report in the next few days. See ya soon!

cal5755
05-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your pictures!! They are great!!

JMTStone
05-07-2008, 03:59 PM
So... that's what the Spud and his lovely bride look like. I love the pics.

When are you going back?

AllDisney
05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Your trip report is the best. Thanks for sharing & thanks for the pictures too!:thumbsup:

g8rgirl29
05-07-2008, 06:11 PM
You guys are just too cute!!!:prince::princess: Thank you so much for sharing your trip and photo's with us!!! I have enjoyed your story so much!!!!

princessjojo
05-07-2008, 06:41 PM
The pics are wonderful. The way you talk about your wife and the joy you two have with each other, it makes me look forward to growing older with my DH. You two surely haven't let naything slow you down. You have had an amazing trip, one that I couldn't put into words nearly as effectively as you have. Keep on posting...I want more.

Ribeyespud
05-07-2008, 09:11 PM
One of my favorite pictures is of me after waking up Tinkerbell pointing at her home while holding my Magical Moments Certificate. :tink: (It is now framed and hanging proudly on the wall).

fairies*n*fireflies
05-08-2008, 12:41 AM
The pictures are great! Looks like you were truly enjoying yourselves! Thanks for sharing!

HndrdPrcnt
05-08-2008, 01:00 AM
LOVE THE PICS!!!:thumbsup:

What a great trip! Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip!!:mickey:

mickeyfan2001
05-08-2008, 03:53 AM
I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. Sounds like you had such a great time. Loved the pics. It's nice to put a face to the names..

Ribeyespud
05-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Just added more Large pictures with the scurge of the seven seas himself, Jack Sparrow...

Gooftroop5
05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the pictures. The magic you describe really shows in your picture. I am not talking about the special effects either. You & your "bride" show the true magic in your faces.

You are both very special. :thumbsup:

Ribeyespud
05-09-2008, 09:11 PM
I just added some more pictures if you would like to see them. Magical Moment at Tony's Lunch, Magic Fastpass ride on Dumbo, Ariel in her gown dress and some others. Hope to post more trip report tommorrow.

Ribeyespud
05-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Karen and I were very happy with our Animal Kingdom experience (uh....our tummys were too and the Tusker House will forever be remembered fondly as the place where real men could eat quiche for breakfast.) Since more adventures were to come our way, it was up and onward to Epcot for lunch and a ride that we missed the day before. We had lunch reservations at the Corral Reef which is located right next to "The Living Seas with Nemo & Friends" and since we need all the friends we can get we decided we better do this ride. :dory: One of my favorite memories of this ride is the talking sea gulls as you wait in line. When they started saying "Mine! Mine! Mine" I was reminded that I have heard this before but I couldn't remember where...then I remembered my teenage children back home and it all came flooding back to me.:exactly: We both thought it was cool to ride in the Clam shells and Nemo, his dad, and Dory were fun to watch. (What will Disney think of next!?!) After the ride we found the Corral Reef and my first thought was "How Swankey" (But in a good way...I say old chap, do you have any Grey Poupon...)My second thought was "Better not ask for any Grey Poupon, Don't wanta look too Swankey"...My 3rd thought was "Hope we can see the big fish tanks ok. When we were seated right next to the tanks my heart fluttered alittle. When the giant Sea Turtle (Dude!:turtle:) swam down and sat next to me for almost the entire meal my heart fluttered alot. No Kidding (Hey, would I kid you?) we would look at each other and I don't know if Sea Turtles are telepathic but I would like to think he understood the joy and appreciation I had for him sitting so close to me. What a magnificiant animal. Karen and I both had the New York Strip Steak and a green sweet & sour apple drink. The drink was fantastic and better then I had thought it sounded. Since we come from Iowa, we have a good working knowledge and fondness for steaks ...corn fed beef and all...and I can grill a "mean" steak (Again... I mean that in a good way...)So I thought it would be nice if the steak was good, but when it melted in our mouths and was cooked perfectly I was more then happy to be humbled. We could not believe how good our luck was in booking the best two meals of our trip on our last day in the parks. For anyone wishing to keep track, there are three meals that we felt were the "Best"-est in the World (Disney World or any other world for that matter). The Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table for Major Domo's Pie (Hmm....pie), The Tusker House Breakfast for...well, everything (and :goofy:), and the Corral Reef for a great steak and Lobster soup (not to mention the romantic "Swankey" atmosphere...and our pal the Sea Turtle) If you check out my photo album you can see pictures of the turtle. After lunch we headed for Disney's Hollywood Studios, but that's another story...

pdrlkr
05-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Have a very Magical Vacation! :tink:

Ribeyespud
05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I just added pictures of both of Karen's glass slippers and things from her Princess Package (Including her Princess Certificate signed by Cinderella) to my photo album

cal5755
05-12-2008, 10:57 AM
You know you should really write a story to Disney about your vacation just like you wrote here... your trip was amazingly magical and the way you tell your story is spectacular. I have loved reading every part of your story.... and then the pictures... man you could have yourself a best seller book!!

Thanks so much for sharing your vacation and your pictures with us.... I so hope you have a future visit because I want to real all about it!!

You have put a smile on my face when I have needed it most... thanks for keeping the Magic with us even when we are longing for our next trip!!

WDWPRIME
05-12-2008, 05:53 PM
This is the most amazing story I have ever read on these, or any other boards. I have cried at least 3 times, and that doesn't happen much with me about anything.

I generally stay away from Intercot, unless I know I have a trip coming up. Otherwise, like it or not, I'll have a trip coming up soon, if you know what I mean. So, I have been lucky enough to just find this post now, and re-live your 160 day wait, and the amazing and fruition of your plans. There needs to be more people in the world like yourself.

Take care, and I hope you make it back one day.

Ribeyespud
05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I have been dreading this post for a number of reasons. First of all, it means that I'm rounding home plate in sharing my trip report and all too soon my story will come to an end. Secondly, I am reminded how tired I have been of late due to circumstances beyond my control. Shortly upon returning home my wife had a herniated disk in her back which pinned a nerve to her backbone requiring surgery and six weeks off work. Since then I have been chief cook and bottle washer....Upon reflection and with much gratitude, we're both glad we went to Disney World when we did. For those who have been so kind and caring by wishing us a good vacation or leaving messages that our story has some how touched your heart, I say thank you and God bless...you have touched my heart as well. Because of that I want to apologize for not sharing more sooner....Now then, as memory serves,...we had just finished with what had turned out to be one of the best dining experiences while on our trip. After leaving Epcot and going back "home" to pack up as much as we could before our last Grand Hurrah in the Magic Kingdom (uh...that would be the Pirate and Princess Party on the 4th of April) we discovered that the gift store in the Caribbean Beach Resort could UPS things for us so that we didn't have to worry about how to put them into our luggage (...well slap me three times and hand me to me mother!) Once again Disney comes up with a great idea! So as I was packing the suit cases up I discovered two things. A.) Ain't nobody happy unless Mommy's happy...I found this out when she would say "This goes there, put that in here",...To which I would reply in my best mono tone zombie robot voice "Yes Dear" and B.) Don't bite the hand that let's you take her to another Pirate and Princess Party. (...oh yeah, and I almost forgot that there's also a C.)and that being THE PIRATE AND PRINCESS PARTY ROCKS!!! A few days' earlier I promised Karen that I wouldn't dress up like a pirate for the last party since she didn't want to wear her tiara...and I almost made it. I just had to wear the hat and wig one more time. (Laugh it up fuzz ball, wait till you go bald) As it turns out I had one last use for the pirate hat, but that will have to wait until next time. This old boy's gettin' tired....and there be things to do and places to go....

g8rgirl29
05-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I hope Princess Karen is feeling better!! I am sorry to hear that you guys have been going through all the health issues!!! Here is a little Pixie Dust for the two of you:tink::tink:!!!

thejens
05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I am waiting with baited breath for the next (final, :() installment. Hope your wife is feeling better soon!

disneytime
05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
What an AWESOME trip reporter you are. Im so happy for you and your wife. Maybe next trip the kids will go and you will see everything through there eyes and enjoy all the magic once again. no matter what age they are...there is nothing like watching someone feel the Magic of Disney. You forget all your troubles and worries at the gate :mickey:

disneytime
05-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah and even the GAS PRICE !!:ack: at least for a few days...well worth it

Gooftroop5
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
I hope your dw is feeling better & you got a chance to catch up with yourself this past weekend. :pixie:

tinkerstinker
05-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Ok, I want to hang with you two in WDW!! I am loving your trip report so much and do believe it has to be one of the most magical reports I've ever read! I hope your wife is feeling better soon...can't wait for your next installment! :mickey:

Ribeyespud
05-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Whew,... it's good to be back with you after a very busy week, and speaking of busy weeks, the last night of our "playing in the parks" is remembered most not so much for what we did, but rather what we didn't do and the reason we didn't do it. After we finished packing what we could for our trip back to Iowa (...the land of reality and responsibilities :ack:). We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom for the last time. I made sure I allowed the sounds that filtered through the bus to be forever engraved in my mind (...and heart). From the announcer's voice to the calypso sound of "Under the Sea", it was all music to my ears. As we entered the Magic Kingdom, I made sure that we went through the fog that billows out of the archway to the kingdom for the Pirate and Princess party, being careful to walk on the red carpet (...Hey, we were royalty ...:cloud9: at least for one last time). Now to be sure, our time at Disney World was the greatest vacation of my life but there was one thing missing...Tomorrow Land. So we decided to take advantage of the low crowds for the party and do all the things we saved for this night, starting with Tomorrow Land making sure that we would do our favorite rides before the night would be over. Having never watched Monsters, Inc. :sulley: :mike: I wasn't sure if I would like the Monsters, Inc. laugh floor, but it was in Tomorrow Land after all, so we thought "Hey, you learn by doing" so with that in mind, we were introduced to the characters from the show as we waited to get to our seats. I couldn't believe how well the characters interacted with the audience. So anyway, I'm sitting there in my seat when my face is suddenly broadcast on the big screen and I was picked to be "Randal" for a part of the show. Now my familiarity with the character "Randal" is about like my familiarity with a full head of hair (uh, which would be "Zip" in both cases...and not in a good way)The two headed monster dude (...Ya had to be there) asked if I could show him/them/it how I could disappear, so I immediately dived to the floor and hugged it. When I peeked up at them, they looked at each other, looked back at the audience, blinked, and said "He's good!"....After a fun show Karen and I decided we had to watch the movie to see who this "Randal" guy was. Ironically, when we got back home, bought the show and watched it, we discovered that "Randal" was a slimy purple lizard :lizard:who can disappear, which is just like me (except for the slimy, purple lizard part...I have however been known to disappear around time to do the dishes :dishes:...or look for gators :gator: and snakes while on vacation in Disney World)

Ribeyespud
05-26-2008, 03:09 PM
While leisurely making our way to our favorite attractions during the Pirate and Princess Party we literally bumped into our vacation friends Ann & Isabelle (Isabelle is the 7 year old girl who told me she liked my Mickey Mouse Ears when Karen & I were checking into the Caribbean Beach Resort on the 1st day of our trip). Now of my friend Isabelle, I can only say this, she had the heart of a loving and trusting child, you know, the kind of heart God wishes for all of us to have when dealing with each other. From the first time we spoke Isabelle had accepted me as a friend, so how could I not return the favor? She understood what she was at Disney World for and whenever she would see me she tried to include me in her quest for fun and adventure. In simple terms, she wanted to know if "John could come out to play?" Since that is why I came in the first place, we had a ball together. Ann being her mother, was always at arm's reach and carefully kept a loving eye on her daughter, which were both her duty and privilege and a job she did well. I don't fully understand why Isabelle chose me to be her friend, I just know that I'm glad she did. Whenever she saw Karen and I sitting on the bus she would ask her mom if I could sit with them. Then she would make her mom "scoot" over so that I could sit right next to her all the while talking a mile a minute to me about her day, her life, or the fact that she was lactose intolerant. Ann was a wonderful mother and allowed Isabelle to have fun and both Ann and Karen were not offended to be pushed to the back burner when ever Isabelle saw me. If you remember, I mentioned that this last night wasn't so memorable for what we did, but rather what we didn't do, and this is the reason why...When we bumped into our new friends, Isabelle literally grabbed my hand and took me to rides that she thought we should do together (all the while talking fast and occasionally pausing long enough to breathe and then it was back to telling her tales, asking questions, or sharing her pirate beads with me). To be honest, she saw me for who I really am, just one of Pan's :peter: "Lost Boys" and a big kid at heart. Sometimes Karen and Ann would be talking like grown ups tend to do while Isabelle and I would be deciding what ride to do next. The highlight of this night would be when Isabelle told me I was a really good friend and that she loved me. It was then that I took my Pirate hat off and put it on her head and told her it was hers' to remember me by. You would have thought it was Christmas by the look on her face. What I remember most about Ann was her willingness to do most of the rides even when she was afraid of heights. It wasn't until we were on Aladdin's Magic Carpet that I remembered her fear and almost (..."almost" being the key word here) felt guilty about Isabelle and I trying to get her wet with camel Spit (Tee Hee! :rain:). The rest of the night was doing whatever rides Isabelle and I wanted to do. We really enjoyed the Parade (since the rain had come and went before it started) and night time showing of "Dream along with Mickey. I have tried to come up with a one word explanation of how good the fireworks are during the Pirate and Princess Party, but words fail me as I remember standing there watching as Captain Hook's pirates attacked the Castle with a broadside volley of "gunfire". As the castle gets hit and there's an explosion of smoke the only word that comes to mind is "WOW". In fact it's so good that it deserves to be said even backwards "WOW" (...as opposed to saying it upside down which would make no sense at all!) The music playing in the background came from "the Pirates of the Caribbean" movies and I'm so glad that we could witness this in person. I had to laugh at Isabelle when she took Ann & me on Space Mountain. She was again talking to me the whole time and as they were putting her in her seat she kept turning around to talk to me and the cast member couldn't fasten her seatbelt until she calmed down. (Bless her heart :whisper:!) It was getting late and they were starting to shut the park down but Isabelle spotted the Pirate games in Tomorrow Land and we were there in a flash...In fact the only reason we stopped playing is they shut the light off on us. I was dead on my feet :old: but not my little buddy Isabelle! It was only after we were on the buss that she leaned her head against my lap and started to get sleepy, but alas, I'm not the momma, so she finished escaping to La La Land on Ann's lap. Before we said our goodbyes Isabelle signed my autograph book and with Ann's help wrote her address down. That way Karen and I could wish her happy birthday and send pictures of all of us together that photopass took for us. So although we didn't finish doing all the Tomorrow Land rides, I wouldn't change this night for the world. This in a nutshell was the last night of our vacation but to this day I can't get it and the rest of our trip out of my mind (or heart) ...nor do I want to. I think I learned something while I was in Disney World and I hope I take it with me where ever I go. It has been said that all boys grow up...except one...but perhaps, just perhaps there could be room for two.... Over the course of planning our trip and writing this trip report I want to thank the many of you who were so kind and thoughtful enough to send a prayer, a wish, or a tip we could use on vacation. From time to time I think I will add more (like reviews of places we ate or things that I remember now but forgot to share) When it comes right down to it, I don't want the magic to end....but then again, if we always remember our trip I guess it never will for as we all know, all it takes is faith, trust, and a little pixie dust. :tink:

snerd475
05-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Ok, John, will you PLEASE stop making me cry now?!

What a magical trip. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hope Karen is feeling better.

RocknBev
05-26-2008, 07:41 PM
What a great trip report!!:thumbsup:....I must say you have now become my favorite reporter and I can't wait to show your report to my best Disney buddy who is in WDW right now..(so obviously she is not reading others' trip reports).
I wish for you and your princess wife....all the Disney magic to continue!:magic: I hope that she is up and ready to run all over WDW again soon!:dance:
Thank you so much for sharing your WONDERFUL, MAGICAL trip...and of course now I have to go explain to DH why I am crying AGAIN.

Goofy Texan
05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
So, is this really your only trip to Disney World, or are you already planning a return visit? Disney is like potato chips - one is never enough!

Thanks for the trip report!

JMTStone
05-27-2008, 06:14 AM
I was sorta hoping this trip report would never end.

Thank you for your report. It made may day.

Coccinelle
05-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Thank you for sharing thoses precius memory with us, i really appreciate that you take time to write all this wonderfull trip report. You really bring the Disney magic. I wish for you and your beautiful Karen to always be just like this, in love and with a young kid heart .

pixiesmimi
05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
This was a great, great trip report. :mickey: I just want to know one thing, what do you do for a living? If you aren't a writer, I will be disappointed because you are soooooo good at it!:number1: You definitely should be writing books. This report made me relive our trips and love every minute of it! Thanks!

OhToodles!
05-27-2008, 10:18 AM
I've been reading along to this thread since the beginning and have waited until the end to post. I'm sad that I have to, since it means it's over.
I wish everyone had the attitude you do about Disney and just life in general. I hope Karen is doing well and I really hope that you get a return trip to the World because of anyone I think you deserve it!

g8rgirl29
05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
I am so sad that your trip report is over!!!! I feel like I do when I am leaving the MK to head for home. I have enjoyed every post so much!! Thank you once again for sharing your magical trip with us!! I hope that you can start planning another trip someday soon!! I also hope that Karen is feeling better!!!!!!

Cookie123
05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I also have enjoyed your trip report very much.
I made me feel like I was really there. I actually felt the magic !

I do hope you make a complete print-out of this thread, and save it ...... forever. It will become your diary of a wonderful trip.

( I'm sure you will have more trips to WDW. You sound addicted to WDW, as so many of us are )

johnO
05-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I must say, good report. Glad you were able to go. Maybe you had enough fun to stop saying that you wont be going back. Perhaps you two enjoyed it so much that you've got to return.

You know that you must. :mickey:

Gooftroop5
05-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Ok pass the tissue.(i am a sap sorry) This was so touching. Your last night was truelly magical & you proved once again how special you are. You gave that little girl memories she will never forget.

I am going to miss reading your trip reports. I have been here waiting for each installment.

Thank you for taking time to share with all of us. :number1:

Princess'Mom
05-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I have enjoyed each and every installment! You have made my day so many times with your report. Great pictures too! Thank you again for sharing your memories with us all.:cloud9:

RocknBev
06-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I wanted my Disneyfreak friends to read your report and it took me forever to find it! I am not the intercot wizard that some here are!
Anyway, it was not on the trip report post last 11 pages so I had to search for it to bring it back to life....so here it is Disneyfreaks....it is your time to read em and weap!
Thanks for a wonderful and magical story!:tink:

Ribeyespud
06-14-2008, 05:21 PM
So glad you have enjoyed our story. Not a day goes by that I don't think of our trip and smile, look at pictures, or "ask" my wife (...more like "hound")to go again. Sadly, unless I find a rich couple looking to adopt a 45 year old bald man (with more hair in his ears than anyone should have to endure) I'll just have to keep my memories close to my heart. Our town in Iowa recently became flooded and my wife had back surgery so we're very glad we went when we did. Karen is doing fine now and although our town got hit hard we were blessed and our home did not get flooded. Someday before I die it is my goal to have a return trip...If I don't happen to make it though since I did get to go there I can still die happy, and you can all look for me in the Haunted Mansion...I'll be the ghost smiling :hmghost:

RocknBev
06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks again for sharing your magic. I am glad you could experience such a wonderful trip. Like many of the other readers have said, I have been to WDW many times and have not experienced as much magic as you did in one trip!
I am glad to hear that DW is recovering from surgery and that your home is not floating down the river.
It it quite ironic that here in the South we pray for rain daily as we watch our grass turn brown and drive the dirtiest cars in the country and ya'll are seeing more water than you could ever hope for as rivers overflood and take away your homes. Please feel free to send the rain South!

andreallybadeggs
06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Prince Ribeyespud and Princess Karen,
Glad the recovery from surgery is going well and that your home escaped flooding. The power of prayer and dash of pixie dust!
So enjoyed reading your posts; nothing better than seeing WDW again through the eyes of a child.;)
No guarantees in this life but I'm pretty sure you'll be back. It just has to happen for you because you two get it. You really get it. I AM sure of one thing though-- Walt would be proud of you.

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either." Walt Disney

oilergirl
06-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I just spent the last hour and a half reading your posts and absolutely had to tell you WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY TELLER YOU ARE!!!! We came back from a trip with our girls, 5 and 7, in February and have been missing it ever since and you brought it all back beautifully!!!!

Sounds to me like you'll be going again though...

Ribeyespud
06-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Yesterday (a day that will live in ribeyespud history) I told karen that I wanted to go back to Disney World sooooo bad ANDshe said after the last two kids are graduated I can start to plan a trip (that would be in 2 years to you and me). Well now, not only am I "back in business" but I can start to pre-pre-pre-plan (uh, otherwise this old boy is gonna go nuts). Speaking of planning, before we went in April I had already created the layout and story to our PhotoPass book. When we got back I just went to our PhotoPass Account and before the taste of the Mickey Mouse chocolate bar had even faded from memory (yeah,...like that's gonna happen) I had "clicked" the pictures I wanted to add to the book and the very next week we had the book delievered at home (hmm...come to think of it, the delievery guy did look like the stork from Dumbo). Anyway, I found it to be very helpful to have the book pre planned and "saved" so that when we returned home and were tired from our trip, it was nothing to finish and place an order. Note to anyone who wishes to try this: Print out a copy of every page you have set up the way you want it to be (including the wording of your story) because the PhotoPass account will only store it for 30 days before it gets erased. If you finish your layout right before you take your trip, upon return you should have plenty of time to finish the project. Remember, it's not how long you live but rather how you live your life!

Tygger7
06-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Congratulations!!! I'm so thrilled that you have another trip on the horizon! Your story has been amazing and like so many others, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it. And remember...it's never too early to start planning. :D I'm already working on our trip for 2010, but it looks like I'll be able to sneak in a "second honeymoon" next spring too. :secret:

RocknBev
06-19-2008, 09:45 AM
I just KNEW you would be returning to WDW again!:yay: It is just too magical not to return!

Thanks for the heads up on the photo pass. My extended family of 14 will be headed to WDW in January so I want to take advantage of putting a book together and that's a great idea!:thumbsup:

tinkerbellybutton
06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I just came across this post today, I'm thankful for that because I think I would have gone insane waiting for the next installment ;) Yours is quite possibly the most wonderful and entertaining trip report I have ever read. It gave me goosebumps and I thank you for that. The two of you made the most of your wonderful trip and saw exactly what Walt Disney intended, hats off to you! I am so thrilled that you have another trip on the horizon. I hope your DW is doing well and can't wait to hear about your planning and trip reports from your next trip.

g8rgirl29
06-19-2008, 11:05 AM
:tigger::donald::goofy::mjump:WOO HOO!! Ribeyespud and Princess Karen are going back to WDW(We all knew this HAD to happen)!!!!! I am sooo Happy for you guys!!! I can't wait for your planning and trip reports!!!:ccat::dumbo::simba::hmghost:

OhToodles!
06-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Congratulations!!!

You're soon to become a 'regular' like the rest of us. Have fun planning your future trip and many more!!!

:pirate::princess::mickey::party:

:mickey3::minnie:

LoriSan
06-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the fun time reading your story!

Joanna
06-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I enjoyed your trip report so much! Even though it was your first trip...you were an example to all of us to find the inner child and go for it! I'll be praying for Karen's health issues and for continued safety for your home and family. I'm thrilled that you are planning your next trip!

pwdebbie
06-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I originally started following your story because of your title. You see, we went on our "once-in-a-lifetime" trip to Disney and you titled yours as your "1st and Only" trip. Sounded like us. When we left Disney to come home, it was my dh who said (while driving north on I-4), "So, when are we going back?" I figure it will be at least two years for us as well -- we have a doggie we don't want to leave alone again for that long and I don't think she'll last too many more years.

The planning and hoping and looking forward to another trip is fun -- almost as fun as actually going. So tell us, what did you not do on the first trip that you want to do on your next trip?

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

Ribeyespud
06-22-2008, 06:04 PM
So yesterday I'm taking a walk with my wife (...rates right up there for me with shopping for clothes, driving with a back seat driver, or sitting through an elementary school concert chocked full of folk songs, foreign songs, and way to many people in one place which naturally seems to add to the global warming epidemic, well,... at least in the auditorium ) Anyway, out of the blue we start talking about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Karen suddenly said "Hey, Let's go to Disney World on our 25th Anniversary in 3 years when all the kids have graduated" Well now I thought, NOW we have a "firm" date and coupled with my burning desire to go for 10 full days, the gears have begun to turn in my head and my imagination has begun to perculate. You guys are right, planning IS part of the fun. Granted I have 3 years to figure things out but oh what adventure awaits! I have decided to give myself a deadline of six months to figure out where we will dine and try to come up with a good idea of what food will be served (...listen, at my age I just need a good samwich and a tv remote, so believe me when I say this WILL be a highlight of my planning experience) In answer to the question "What will we do that we missed the first time?" That one is easy, there were a few rides we didn't do in Tomorrowland because when we met up with friends we just didn't get the "Job" done. (...finally, a "job" I look forward to) So right after doing the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean we'll just have to head over to the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, Astro Orbiter, and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (...provided we don't get sidetracked by those wonderful smells filling our nostrils, uh, you know what they say about men my age...)

andreallybadeggs
06-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Congratulations to you both and enjoy every moment of the 25th celebration planning.
Oh the TTA-you'll love it, you'll love it!:thumbsup:
Since you're still just "a little" early in the planning stages I'll put in a word for the Hoop Dee Doo. Think you and the Princess would have a blast. After all Iowa folk know a thing or two about corn.
Happy Silver Anniversary!
:pixie::wishes::bride::groom::dance:

HndrdPrcnt
06-23-2008, 12:12 AM
CONGRATS!! I know what you are going through with wanting to get back to WDW as soon as possible. Our family so badly wants to get back, but my wife (the "realist") is a little more hesitant to put out the money when we really don't have the money to spend. It doesn't help that we still are getting hospital bills from my wonderful cancer battle. However, we are going back and we will be there the end of September!! It took some convincing, but I really helped my wife to realize that our kids will only be kids once and we need to enjoy our time with them while we can!! Yeah!

sisterslovindisney
06-23-2008, 08:12 AM
I have just loved reading your trip report and I'm so happy you get to go back. We haven't been to WDW as a family since 2004 and our next trip isn't until Jan 2010. I have already started planning though. Did you know you can reserve your room 500 days out? There is a lot of early planning you can do so enjoy!!

Bringonthemouse!
07-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Yesterday (a day that will live in ribeyespud history) I told karen that I wanted to go back to Disney World sooooo bad ANDshe said after the last two kids are graduated I can start to plan a trip (that would be in 2 years to you and me). Well now, not only am I "back in business" but I can start to pre-pre-pre-plan (uh, otherwise this old boy is gonna go nuts).

:congrats:This is fabulous news!!! I'll bet your leading ladies (second to Princess Karen of course) are wondering when they will see you again, and I'm sure Miss Jasmine is missing glimpses of you from the corner of her eye by now ;). I will be sure to pass on the good news when I dine with the Princesses in November!!

I am very glad Karen is doing well and your home was spared, it makes one really believe in Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust!
Thank you for a wonderful report, it truly warmed my heart!

Ribeyespud
07-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow, I can't believe it, but I have officially converted my wife into a "full fledged Disney World enthusiast". I know this has happened for a couple of reasons. 1.)Everytime she gets a chance to tell someone, she starts telling them/him/she/dogs/cats/rocks/trees/anythingthat will listen :blah: that we are going back to Disney World for our 25th Anniversary and 2.) She has been just as devoted to save her "loose change" :spend: as I have been, even to the point of trying to convince me that we need to open a savings account to be used only to save for our trip (Now that's my kind of woman!:heart:). So far this is what I know. Our next trip (boy does it seem cool to say "next"instead of "only"!) will take place around Oct 22 to Nov 1st 2011(11 days total) Our 1st four and a half days will be spent at the Magic Kingdom :tink:, then 2days at Epcot :figment:, 2 days at Disney Studios :smickey: and 2 days at the Animal Kingdom :simba:. (With the last half day packing/crying/traveling to the airport). I'm hoping to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at least once and we'll definitely do the Disney Dinning Delux plan again. (Providing they still have the parties and dinning plan when we go back)...I'm just sorry that we're going back so "soon" because heaven knows how I'll ever get our trip planned out in time:blush:

WDWPRIME
07-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Nice to see your story is still going strong. You've gotten quite a following here... I printed your story for my girlfriend, who is making her first trip down this Fall, and she cried and said it was the best story she ever read.

Hope you make it back. You deserve it... Should try to find a Disney marketing exec and write them a letter with a link to this thread... they OWE you another trip for the feelings you've generated here!

Cheers.:thumbsup:

Ribeyespud
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I just posted on my homepage the pictures I took of my Magical Moment (of waking tinkerbell) now that I have it framed...What can I say, but "I can die happy". In the middle is a smashed quarter of Tinkerbell flying. To the left is me pointed to Tink's house and to the right is my favorite picture from our trip of Cap'n hook, Mr. Smee, Wendy and Peter Pan (uh...the 2 "goof balls" in the middle are just 1 "lost" boy and one "lost" girl having the time of their lives...Sigh...) Next trip...3 years and counting...

JMTStone
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Download that INTERCOT trip counter. When it first comes up you get depressed, then you see the days fly by. Its also a good way to teach your 6 year old to count backwards! It lets me know when to make ADRs soon.

Lets hope for the lottery!!!!

johnO
07-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Ribeyespud,

Have you considered trying out the water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach? They're great fun and it will still be warm enough during that time of the year to go. There's a lot of fun to be had at WDW outside of the four main parks. The water parks, DTD, resort hopping etc.. Just add to the 'Magic' and I wouldn't want you to miss out on it.

:twocents:

Sharon1026
07-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Congrats on your upcoming trip!

You are going to WDW during the dry season, so rain should not be a problem at all. The weather during late March early April is nice. Usually 80 during the day and cooler evenings.

I would only get tix to the PNP for one night. You can always get them for the second night once you are there, if you want to. However, you'll probably want to see all sorts of other things during your stay.

There are so many things to experience at Disney - try to hit the other parks, also.

Tinkpink
07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Ribeyespud - Thank you for sharing your very incredible story! So exciting! I read it all and am even more anxious to get to WDW! We are going for our first family trip and we are wildly excited! Can I ask how you knew about such details as ordering a glass slipper? or waking up Tink? How did you know that those were available? I am still trying to plan and want to add some marvelous thills to our trip. Thanks again for sharing the magic!:mickey:

caryrae
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
You need a new thread something like "1st and upcoming 2nd trip to WDW" since as of right now it is not your "only trip to WDW" anymore. lol

Ribeyespud
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
TinkPink, Here are the answers to your questions (I Hope). First of all, I started planning out our trip amost a year in advance and am so glad that I did so that I could research as much information as I would find. Alot of the information I found about special things to look for was right here at good ole Intercot (at Info Central) As far as the glass slipper goes I worked with Jamiee at Special events at Cinderella's castle and she was a true blessing to me. I told her what I was looking for and she did the rest. There is a place in downtown Disney called Arrubias Brothers that will make the slipper and engrave it for you. Although Jamiee did the most in helping me out there was a lady by the name of Louz at Arrubia brothers that I spoke to as well. (Before I found Jamiee, who was like an angel to me). It's been so long since I planned my vacation that I don't even remember how I found out about the special events at Cinderella's Castle, but I'm so glad that I did. Although you can go through the Disney Florist for a glass slipper/flower arrangement, I did not go this route....As far as waking up Tinkerbell if you go to Info central and look for "Hidden Treasures" I believe that will help you. In a nutshell, whoever is first to get inside Tinkerbell's Treasure shop when they drop the rope to open Fantasyland and yells (hey they gotta hear YOU first, so yes...yell loudly) I want to wake up Tinkerbell all the while making a B-line to the checkout lady who helps you wake up Tink. A little flash of Fairy light comes out of Tink's home when you say "Wake up Tink" and as you hear her fly she lands inside a desk drawer where you can look through the key hole to see another flash of "pixie power". You get a "Magical Moments" certificate which you can even frame like I did (check out my pictures on my home page) Hope this helps. Really all it takes to wake up Tinkerbell is faith, and trust, and alittle pixie dust....oh yeah, and a good pair of tennis shoes (you're not suppose to run when they drop the rope in Fantasyland, but you can speed walk... just look out for pedestrians and fairy godmothers) Good luck:tink:

DisneyBabies
07-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Prince Ribeyespud and Princess Karen-
:princess::prince:
I just have to say that I have loved every minute that I have just spent reading your story! You are making me even more excited to take my own trip in 2009. I am so glad that the two of you had such a magical time and I am going to read your story to my son who will be spending his 5th birthday in The World! And I hope your second trip is as great as the first. Now I am going to go to your website and look at your pictures!!

FUN
07-26-2008, 03:00 PM
have a great trip

Ribeyespud
08-09-2008, 04:38 PM
We had the most magical surprise today when we received our mail and to be honest I am at a loss for words and my heart has welled up with many different emotions. Out of the blue from Disney World came an autographed picture of Mickey and Minnie (signed by both) with the castle in the background and with both of them sitting on the Dumbo ride. This is a ride that has always held a special place in my heart and one I always wanted to ride during a nice sunny day like in the pictures my aunt showed me when I was a mesmerized boy listening to her stories of Disneyland. I was able to ride it in Disney World twice, and both times I will remember always. Once at night during the fireworks (I kept Dumbo high the whole time!) and once during a nice sunny day just like I had day dreamed about. (We had received a special pass and used it here and was able to ride it without a long wait...bless you Jamie wherever you are) Receiving this picture today has given me a wonderful shot of pixie dust and since it is personalized to Karen and me and very unexpected my heart is truly in my throat and the overabundance of joy is about to leak from my eyes. What a magic moment, what a magic place, oh how I hope to get there again before we die....I know that we are planning to go for our 25th wedding anniversary but you know how life can be. All I know is that if we never get back I can die happy, blessed & truly touched. Thank you Mickey and Minne from the bottom of my heart....the picture you sent is forever framed in my very being deep down where the pixie dust lives and thrives....

MauiMouse
08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
John, I just finished reading about your trip. Talk about magical and priceless. Thank-you so much for sharing with us. :mickey:

I'm off to check out your photos now. :photo:

Kisobel
08-11-2008, 01:20 AM
ok, i just found this thread. where have i been for 4 months? this is the best story i have ever read. i can't believe how wonderful it was. bless both of you. and i'm so excited for you to go back. we need more people like you. people who can see the magic. grownups are no fun(codfish). thank you for touching my heart and reaffirming my faith in people.

kate

Ribeyespud
04-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I can't believe we made it...and although we're not there quite yet, I have just begun to plan out our 2nd trip to Disney World...the 1st trip was the best 6 days of my life...this trip will be for our 25th year wedding anniversary...I can smell the popcorn and taste the :smickey:Mickey Mouse chocolate already...Karen just turned 45 and I just finished my mid life crisis at 46(47 in june) not a day goes by since 2008 that I don't remember our trip and my wife becoming an official Princess...It was most definately a year of a million dreams for us...so....breathe deep John, you don't go till Oct 2011....not that I'm counting

Jenemmy
04-06-2010, 08:35 AM
I can't believe we made it...and although we're not there quite yet, I have just begun to plan out our 2nd trip to Disney World...the 1st trip was the best 6 days of my life...this trip will be for our 25th year wedding anniversary...I can smell the popcorn and taste the :smickey:Mickey Mouse chocolate already...Karen just turned 45 and I just finished my mid life crisis at 46(47 in june) not a day goes by since 2008 that I don't remember our trip and my wife becoming an official Princess...It was most definately a year of a million dreams for us...so....breathe deep John, you don't go till Oct 2011....not that I'm counting

I am SO happy for you guys! That's awesome....and we all know that planning is half the fun! YAY:mickey3::mickey3:

Tygger7
04-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Congratulations!!! I'm so thrilled for you guys! I know it seems REALLY far off, but don't lose heart...my countdown for our next trip started at 700+ days and I thought it would never get here...but here we are, only 38 days to go!

Have fun planning...it's a wonderful way to stretch out the magic and make it last as long as possible. :cloud9:

c&d
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm so happy you're going to be able to get back to the World.

garymacd
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Sometimes, I think we, and our daughters more so, take things for granted, especially the small things in life. A picture of Mickey and Minnie may be a small thing to some, but to you and your ability to tell a story, it has become something that can be locked away in your own personal memory box and taken out and treasured anew whenever you want, and it makes you happy all over again.

I like to think that all of us have some of those memories locked away in our minds that can be brought out at a moment's notice, or even brought out without conscious thought.

Your post brought back so many wonderful memories for me - both Disney with my beloved wife, daughters and the occasional niece and daughter's boyfriend, and non-Disney of them growing up.

I knew reading your posts back when you first posted them that, somehow, you would find a way back to WDW, and I am glad you did; but even if you didn't, you are right: you got there once, gave you and your beloved wife memories to last a lifetime!

I remember once asking where you got your wife's glass slipper. You will be happy to know she got one for her 50th birthday on our trip last May. It sits proudly near her as we sit here planning our next trip.

Have you ever considered a new career as a writer? You managed to keep many of us Intercot-ees on the edges of our collective seats awaiting the next installment of your trip.

DisneyBunch
04-06-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm happy as heck for you and your wife. I hope that you both have a fantastic time.:mickey:

Ribeyespud
04-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Well this is where we sit on our vacation planning, the month and days have been picked, we know where we would like to eat, and hope to get into at least one :hmghost: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (I'm for doing two of them and since I'm the chief planner and coordinator...guess how many I'm "planning" on.... :whistle:Oh, the wonderful thing about planning is planning is a wonderful thing, the top is made out of Halloween Parties, and the bottom is made out of...well,...Halloween Parties too :tigger: ) We wanted to go for 12 days, but have cut that in half since we're so poor that we can't even pay attention. We are going to be staying at the All Star Movie Resort from October 26th until November 2nd 2011....Unless I die before the vacation sees the light of day at which point you can visit me in the Haunted Mansion most any day...I hear there's always room for one more, and if you think I'm joking just look for the short bald ghost hanging around with a smile on his face....Well, that's what I know now for vacation planning....Oh yeah, we plan on doing the Disney Dining Deluxe again because at our age our bones are half dust and we need to sit....what better way to sit than with a good meal :eat: ....seriously all I need anymore is a kiss from the heart and a good samwitch....well, and one more Disney trip...:fingers:

badkitty
04-23-2010, 05:46 PM
We wanted to go for 12 days, but have cut that in half since we're so poor that we can't even pay attention.

I haven't heard that saying in a long time. Thanks for the chuckle! Can't wait to read your trip reports!

lioness8978
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow. This is the best post ever! I am so happy that your trip went well. My first trip with my husband was very magical as well. Some how, Disney has the power to make you feel like they have rolled out the red carpet just for you!

It's been about a year since our last trip but reading your post has given me great ideas. Thanks for sharing! :) :mickey:

mickeytravel
04-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I love reading your story! this made me think. you said that you used to be in the army. I remember there used to be a resort right next to the POly called Shades of Green. it is for military and verterns to stay at a reseanable price. I know someone that stayed there and said they saved a hugh amount of money. The grounds are shared with the Poly so it is beautiful. It might be worth checking out and you might be able to stay longer if the savings are significant.

LauraByTheSea
04-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't really have anything to say except it's so cool that you pulled your old thread out after all this time to talk about your next trip, and it's with the same infectious enthusiasm as when you first posted! Isn't it funny how Disney effects us? Makes us excited little kids again. Gotta love Disney Magic!!! :mickey:

Ribeyespud
04-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Sometimes the best "threads" are the ones you keep in the closet for just the right occasion. What's cool is when you try them on again and discover that they still fit :thumbsup:...

Ribeyespud
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Today in my family history is the day that my wife and I have reached our 198th day before coming back to Disney World for our 2nd trip... I have been afraid to post anything more until now because so many things have happened in our lives that I was beginning to wonder if we could ever make it back. I never thought a mid life crisis would ever effect me since I feel like one of Pan's lost boys deep inside....until the day my reflection in the mirror reminded me that all boys grow up....except one. After 20 years at a job I was proud of the factory closed and I had to start over (while trying to keep the vacation trip still possible), my Father-In-Law (the man who was instrumental in drawing Karen & I together) passed away, and we are both learning that time is a hourglass stuck to the table. Yet, of all the simple truths I've learned in the time since our last trip, the one I value the most is that I still remember how to fly (all be it alittle slower and with more rest stops along the way) thanks to my "Happy Thought"....She and I will be arriving at Disney World on October 23rd and staying until November 2nd for our Silver Anniversary. Since I am now trying to make sure all my (Donald)Ducks are in a row, I'll be sharing some planning ideas and things along the way....'cause honestly, I have to share with someone or I'm just liable to 'burst....

KylesMom
04-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey Spud, it's good to see you back on the boards. I'm sorry things have been rough for you - best wishes for uplifted spirits while planning this next trip. :mickey:

Ribeyespud
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks, it's great to be back to the board and being able to come back to Disney World is so awesome! I can't thank my new boss enough for working with me so that I didn't have to change all the plans I had worked out for our trip. It's funny how life works out sometimes. My new job also is two blocks from where I live, so I can listen to the birds sing as a walk to work. Of course the closer to the our trip the more likely it is that I'll be so pumped up that it will feel like I'm flying...silly 'ole Pixie Dust :cloud9:

Ribeyespud
04-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Since the theme at Disney this year is "Let the Memories Begin" Karen & I made T- shirts to celebrate our Silver Anniversary. We had them made online and they are nice quality shirts....If you left click on my name you should be able to go to my homepage and see front and back pictures of them if you'd like to see them. Can't wait to wear them!

snerd475
04-08-2011, 07:15 PM
So glad you are getting so close to your trip. It's fun to read about your excitement as the day approaches!
Sorry for your loss, and your other troubles. It's good to be able to focus on your impending trip as a bright spot in the clouds! :cloud9:

PlutoToo
04-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry for your troubles and sorrows, but have so enjoyed reading your original thread that I can't wait to read more of this saga. I hope your silver trip is all the magic you could want and more than you could dream.