PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's "Hot Air" Report, Day Eight

pogo
10-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Day Eight, Wednesday, October 17th.

We wake up at 6:00 and I jump in the shower and Chris and I take the rental car back to Enterprise a mile or so away for Chris’s house and we return to find Patti was all ready to load up.

We load the luggage in the SUV and say our goodbye’s to Carrie, Cloie, Handy and Zoie and head to the airport. Check in was smooth and we were soon on our way back to New York.

We arrive in Buffalo at 8:00 PM, find our car and drive home to our wonderful home.

We unload our luggage and we grab a glass of wine and talk again about the possible move to New Mexico.

We decide that it isn’t in our best interest to move as we are planning to live our winters in Florida very shortly and besides, we love our "resort" here in New York.

As we get into our own comfortable bed we agree we are not moving at this time. We :hug:cuddle together and let sleep overcome us and when we awake in the morning, we are still cuddled exactly like we were last night. :thumbsup:

Thanks for reading about this trip and I hope to post up some pictures as soon as I fix my problem. :D

Tink&Goofy
10-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow - what a roller coaster! I know that decision was probably a tough one - but glad you are both content that you made the right one!
So...if you are staying put, why would you have to have a meet in the next 45 days??:confused:
Pogo - your trip sounds wonderful! Sounds like you guys had a great time, and really did alot of really great things!

pogo
10-21-2007, 08:03 AM
So...if you are staying put, why would you have to have a meet in the next 45 days??:confused:
Pogo - your trip sounds wonderful! Sounds like you guys had a great time, and really did alot of really great things!
The trip was wonderful, thanks.

The meet in 45 days is because after that, the holidays kick in and then the weather can get really bad. I don't want any of our "family" to be traveling for a meet in bad weather. :D

Caroleh
10-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!! I'm glad your staying up here nice and close!!!

I understand the dilema you have gone though making your decision, it must have been a really tough one.

I know the weather thing, specially on that side of Lake Ontario. You need to be one the better side of the Lake!!!:D

Dsnygirl
10-21-2007, 01:03 PM
:) You are very sneaky, Neighbor!! What a hard decision you had to make - I was fairly certain you were leaning the other way. But I'm glad to know that you will be here a bit longer -- after all, we've only just "met"!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip... and hopefully, we'll meet in person soon!! :D Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us... can't wait to see the pictures. I'm so glad it was so special!! :cloud9:

Noah's Helper
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Albuquerque seems to be a great place. I'm sure that was not an easy decision for you to make.

I've enjoyed re-living my Fiesta experience through you. Thanks for all the reports!
:thumbsup:

pogo
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Albuquerque seems to be a great place. I'm sure that was not an easy decision for you to make.

I've enjoyed re-living my Fiesta experience through you. Thanks for all the reports!
:thumbsup:
Thanks Ben.... we hope to return to the Balloon Fiesta one day. Maybe we can have a couple of :marg:'s together. :D

Beast_fanatic
10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
You big tease! I think that deserves one of these: :nono: ;)

I'm glad that you're happy with your decision, but I was looking forward to being able to meet up with you in Albuquerque when I go visit my sister in Colorado. ;)

Guess you'll just have to pay my airfare to come to your meet. :fresh:

disneydrmr
10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, your decision surprised me... Thanks for sharing your trip! Can't wait to see pictures!

offwego
10-22-2007, 10:23 AM
A surprise and not a surprise..I've moved before and it's tough to find time to list ones home, transition your clients etc and post too? And organzie a meet? You'd have been stressed to the max.

I'm sure you've made the right choice for you and Patti...thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Jeff G
10-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, it sounded like a great week. The night time hot air balloon experience must have been a sight to see.

The job offers presneted a fun twist to the vacation and must have been fairly tempting, especially with the cold NE winter weather looming. In the end it sounds like you made the right decision.

Thanks again for sharing Pogo(?)!