PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's "Hot Air" Report, Day Six.

pogo
10-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Day Six, Monday, October 15th.

Today we awaken at around 8:00 AM and get ready for our day trip to Santa Fe. We were
there for about two hours during our last trip and we are determined to explore this spiritual city one more time.

We leave the house at around 9:00 and stop at Mc Donald’s for a quick breakfast and head to Santa Fe about 60 miles away. Chris is driving his own car and we are following him but he wants us to go ahead of him as we get closer so he can follow our GPS instructions. On the way we talk more about all the signs from God and still haven’t made up our mind, although it seems clearer now.

We are driving at around 75 MPH trying to keep up with Chris, but we get stuck behind a truck and when we finally pass the truck we realize Chris has just exited the expressway and we wave at him as we continue. He calls his mothers cell phone and says he will just meet us there.

We drive straight to the Plaza as planned following the turn by turn instructions and find a place to park. Patti is talking to Chris and trying to help him find his way. I thought I’d die when I heard her say, “Chris, give me a land mark around you”. She hasn’t got a clue about where he is or any land marks, but she makes him feel like he is not so lost.

I was laughing so hard I was snorting just like Cousin does. He finally arrived and our Santa Fe Adventure was on.

Santa Fe is a very spiritual town full of artistic talent that is everywhere you turn. There are hundreds of art galleries and three wonderful old Churches to see.

At the Plaza, the Native Americans sell their handmade jewelry and crafts and you can get a great deal if you are patient. They announced that everything was 50% off as we walked and looked at the end of the day.

After shopping and walking, we decided to have lunch at the Hotel La Fonda. This is where Patti and I had our first Margarita three years ago and we wanted another. They are so good here. We had lunch and then Chris headed back to Albuquerque and we found the Georgia O’Keefe Museum and toured it enjoying all the wonderful art work of this legend.

Then we decided to take a city tour and boarded the tour bus and enjoyed the sights and sounds of Santa Fe. The tour took about an hour and a half and it showed us galleries we never would have found on our own.

The highlight of this day was when we entered the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi. Inside is the oldest Madonna Statue in the U.S. brought here in 1641 from Spain. There is also the most glorious Crucifix that I’ve ever seen. The church is spectacular to say the least and they do not allow flash photography so I’m trying to enhance the photos for you but I’m having trouble with them.

Our drive home was pleasant and we even stopped and got an Icecream on the way.

Tink&Goofy
10-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Sounds like a wonderful place to visit! Your making me want to go there!

Caroleh
10-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a wonderful place to visit! Your making me want to go there!

I'm starting to think the same thing!!! Thanks again for sharing, Buddy!!!

Dsnygirl
10-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Sounds like another wonderful day -- you've got me wanting to visit!! Can't wait to see the pictures... :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
10-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Sounds like such a magical, beautiful place!

offwego
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
There is something about an older church isn't there? I always think it the memories of all the weddings, baptism's and other solem and joyous moments the walls have been privy too.

Whata a fantastic day.