PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's "Hot Air" Report, Day Five

pogo
10-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Day Five, Sunday, October 14th.

We are up at around 7:00 AM and drinking our coffee out on the patio, again watching the balloons overhead.

Chris and Carrie are determined to fix breakfast for us and they fix a wonderful one at that. Today’s breakfast menu includes whole wheat pancakes, bacon, hash brown potatoes and veggie omelets. We wash it down with coffee and juice and we are ready for another adventure.

We are going to Old Town Albuquerque to walk around and see what it’s all about. We park and walk down the narrow streets looking in all the shops.

We stopped in the Christmas Tree Shop looking for an ornament to hang on our tree. We are approached by a nice lady and she shows us around. Patti and I are always quick to talk to people and we learn a lot about her in no time.

She tells us she moved to Albuquerque about six months earlier because her kind of full time work allows her to. She is only working there on weekends for a little mad money. When I ask her what she does, she says she is with Aflac. I tell her I am too and she doesn’t believe me until I pull out a business card. She begins to tell me about how much business there is to be written there and wants me to meet her manager and talk about us moving there to sell Aflac. I told her to set something up for Tuesday and to call me when she has a meeting set up.

We leave and on the drive home we see a lot of “open house” signs and decide to stop and look at some houses.

The first one we enter, we fall in love with. It is a wonderful home with an open floor plan, very spacious at around 2,000 square feet with four bedrooms, two full baths and get this….. it has a swimming pool! How cool is that. And it is only going for $250,000 and is just two blocks away from Chris and Carries.

When the Real Estate Lady asks what we do for a living, I tell her I’m in Insurance and Patti’s in the Medical Field she says to me,” do you want a job offer right now ? I have a client who is the head of Humana Insurance and she said she can’t find anyone to manage her sales team.” She said, “I can get you a job offer right away”! We tell her we don’t know if we want to move to New Mexico but we’ll keep it in mind.

Then she asks what we’ve done and seen and we tell her. She asks if we’ve ever gone on the tram up the Sandia Mountains and we tell her no, but we were thinking about doing it on Tuesday. She says her company has a season pass we could use if it’s available.

She called her office and they say it is available for Tuesday and we can pick it up at her office on Tuesday morning if we’d like too and we say, yes, we would. Thanks.

We leave and talk about all the reasons to move to New Mexico and all the reasons not to move there.

Now I’m the one that says God talks to us but we rarely listen and now God is leading us to a beautiful home, a job offer and a warm place to live. Hmmmmmm, what to do, what to do. I’ll let you know what we decide later, OK ?

Tink&Goofy
10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Pogo - thats so exciting! Sometimes the best things come when you not even looking! I can't wait to read more! (I am reading them as fast as you post them - and really enjoying the details of your wonderful trip!).

Caroleh
10-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Wow, isn't it cool to get the opportunities for a new job. I was getting that at Cape Cod a few years ago!!! Sometimes when God talks we have to listen to what he is suggesting!!

Dsnygirl
10-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Wow -- what an amazing day!! It's truly unbelievable when things happen like that. And what nice people -- that offer for the tram in the mountains was really kind. Off to read more and see what happens... :)

MMouse6937
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I *knew* the bug would get you!! New Mexico is a wonderful place to live, warm (for the most part) and full of interesting things to do!! Just too bad it's so far from Disney :( Let me know what you decide, we'll pull out the welcome wagon! :D

Noah's Helper
10-21-2007, 09:43 PM
That's an amazing story. I'm sure all those "coincidences" gave you something to ponder.

disneydrmr
10-22-2007, 08:37 AM
If there ever was a case of God opening doors and windows for someone..."here's your sign"...

offwego
10-22-2007, 10:17 AM
My goodness..now I don't know if I should skip to the end or read them in order still.

Must have been your shoes!!