PDA

View Full Version : Diapers!!!

WDW1985
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Can anyone tell me if I can buy diapers while staying at POR? :blush: DW and I are getting ready for the big trip and wondered if how much we have to bring. We'll be staying at POR, but won't have a rental car and don't want to spend forever looking for them.

I know it's a stinky kind of question, but I feel that everybody here is up to the challenge!

:mickey: :rocks:

merlinmagic4
10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, I honestly don't know if you can buy them onsite but they are probably quite a bit more expensive. My thought is to take them with you and use the room in your luggage for souvenirs on the way home! ;) (I'm assuming you won't be repacking all those stinky diapers:secret:)

Have a great trip :mickey:

goofynmd
10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
We used Garden Grocer for some food so I also included diapers in the delivery. I didn't want to waste space in my luggage for a big pack of diapers. There were a couple of dollars more than I am used to paying, but it was totally worth it.

TexasPrincessAurora
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
You can get a wide array of baby products from Garden Grocer. I didn't want to haul anything so I got diapers, wipes, juice, etc.

You can buy diapers in the gift shops in the resorts as well as in the baby care centers in the parks, but they are expensive.

I've also read about people shipping things to their resort prior to arrival. That might be another option.

magicofdisney
10-21-2007, 04:57 PM
You can generally buy diapers at any gift shop. It's Huggies brand and it's around $9 for a pack of 10. I know this because we unfortunately lost the diaper bag at Epcot a few weeks back. I had to buy diapers at the Baby Care Center. A couple of weeks later when we were at one of the value resorts, I checked the price at the gift shop and it was the same. I'm assuming that's the price, Resort wide. :mickey:

EDITED:
After reading the rest of the posts, I realized the size I bought was a size 4. That pack had 10 diapers in it. They do offer smaller sizes. I cannot tell you how many are in those packs.

LibertyTreeGal
10-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Our special needs son still wears them and so here is what we do --

Pack a separate bag with enough diapers and wipes and swim diapers to survive a moderately bad week (or however long you are staying, of course). You won't go home with nearly as many and the dirty laundry or souveneirs go into the space.

You probably have a toddler or a baby and so you don't need to bring size 6, so this probably won't be as bad as you think. It's really actually very nice to have an extra bag on the way home :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-21-2007, 05:19 PM
We were there in September with our 7 month old, and a 2 1/2 not yet potty trained. I shipped all the baby stuff I could to myself at the resort. It worked great. We buy diapers by the case anyway, so we had a ton of big boxes, I filled it with diapers for both girls, formula packets, baby food, wipes, bio-degradable disposable baggies for the dirty diapers, and some toys for each of them. When I checked in, the room wasn't ready... So I just reminded them of the box, and opnce we got back from the park that night... all our luggage, carry-ons and the case of baby stuff were waiting in our room. Just make sure you pack enough in your carry on bag for the full day!

Also, I shipped my stuff UPS, about 5 days ahead of time... so I was bale to track it and make sure it arrived at the resort before we even left the ground!

TheMartellFamily
10-21-2007, 05:43 PM
If you have a preference of diapers then shipping or garden grocer maybe an option. But what we did is that we just brought enough to fill baby bag with wipes and then when we needed more we just brought them on site. It is more expensive but the convience is nice. It would be no more than shipping or buying from garden grocer that way. When I last had to buy diapers they only had Huggies and we bought them in the Baby Care Centers. It was nice. What I did do though is buy several travel packs of wipes to last though out vacation because these do not take up much room. When packing you can place them in corners, between, inside things and its no space lost. Another person also mentioned that to pack an extra bag full of diapers and baby stuffs then when you come home you can make that into a bag to take home souviners. Just a thought as for the flights we take everyone is allowed 2 bags.

Through the looking Glass
10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
We shipped them down when my son was in them. We also included some room toys and such so we didn't have to carry them on the plane. There are quite a few posts around about shipping.

Dyanna
10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
We were just there 2 wks ago with DD 10 months old. 4 days before we arrived we shipped down a box full of supplies for the baby. Diapers, wipes, formula, food etc.. It was very convenient for us to do so as we did not have to cart it in our luggage with us.

Disney Diva 71
10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
We are about to leave for our trip on Sunday for a full week. I have a 14 month old. He wears about 4-5 a day. I can fit 35 diapers in one section of the suicase plus whatever i squeeze into the diaper bag. The nice thing is they don't go home with me. More souvenir room! I did notice the last time we were there at the POFQ that they only sold one size there. I think it was a size 4. Waaayyyy to big for my child at the time. :mickey: