PDA

View Full Version : AKL Villa Review...

5fromabove
10-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone! We've been back from our trip for a few weeks now and I'm finally having a chance to do a little Icot posting. While on our 10 night trip, we spent the first night in a new Animal Kingdom Lodge Savanna View Villa. I took pictures to show people, but I can't figure out how to post them :confused: . Anyway, we stayed in a 2 bedroom. I'm looking forward to when the Kidani Village is open, because for now, the 2BR Villas the Jambo House are not "dedicated". Meaning, it was essentially 2 separate rooms with a door between. One was a studio and one was a one bedroom. If I hadn't had my mom with us, I would not have been comfortable with this set up (having the kids in a completely different room). With soundproofing and all, we wouldn't have even heard them...my Mom was in with them, so it was okay. The rooms are very pretty and there are a lot of "extra details". For example, the shower tiles in the master of the 1BR part of the villa had a Lion King scene painted on them...very cool. Simba was engraved in the woodworking, etc. We were on the 5th floor, Zebra Trail and the animals were wonderful. We saw zebra, giraffe and many others. The master bath has a nice big tub, separate toilet area (with a door), 2 sinks and more. The studio had a queen bed and pull out sofa bed. The one bedroom side had a nice little kitchen. The staff left a little to be desired, and our room was not ready until nearly 5pm (check in was supposed to be at 3). All in all, I don't think I'd use 87 points to stay in a 2BR Villa in the Jambo House again...mainly because of it being essentially 2 separate units. I much prefer the "dedicated" 2BR at SSR. :cloud9:

DVC Mike
10-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Kidani will have both dedicated 2-BR as well as 2-BR lockoffs.

Plus, the rooms at Kidani Village will be a bit larger than in Jambo House.

For example, the 2-BR in Jambo is about 1,075 sq ft, where it will be 1,173 sq ft in Kidani.

Plus, the 2-BR in Kidani will have 3 bathrooms versus 2 in Jambo.

Horizon93
10-21-2007, 05:22 PM
DVC check in is officially "after 4 PM."

Can you give us more specifics on your disapointment with the CMs at AKV?

Thanks

Tinkermom
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
We actually prefer the studio and 1 bdrm vs. a dedicated 2 bdrm. We just leave the door open into the studio - no different than it being another bedroom that way. The kids like having their own little fridge in the studio to store their sodas and such. ;)

You will need to be sure to tell MS if you want a dedicated 2 bdrm at any of the DVC resorts. They will usually just put you into whatever is available so you may get a dedicated 2 bdrm or you may get the studio/1bdrm.

There are some great photos of the AKL villas on allears.net. They even have one of the tile with the lion king scene. Very cool! We are staying a AKL villas in a 2 bdrm savanna view in February. Can't wait! :mickey: