PDA

View Full Version : Trails end buffet

dtootsie42
10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
We have heard wonderful things about the Trails end buffet so we have a reservation to eat there. We got to thinking what is the best way to go from the Poly to Fort Wilderness? My husband was thinking we would need to catch the boat from the Magic Kingdom over?? Any tips or suggestions? Thanks!

Buttercup
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
First off, you're right -- the Trail's End is one of the best values on Disney property. A really casual buffet with good home cooking: chicken n' dumplings, mac n' cheese, mmmm.... all those yummy comfort foods. We were there 3 times on our last trip!

I think your husband is right. Your best bet is to take the boat from the Magic Kingdom. That's your quickest route. Once you get off the boat at Ft. Wilderness, the restaurant is just past the playground on your right hand side. Enjoy!

Jared
10-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Yep, I think you have the best route. Take the monorail from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom and transfer to a boat.

Have a great meal!

:tasty:

wdwfansince75
10-20-2007, 10:08 PM
We too are Friends of the Trails End.....Usually eat there at least once a trip....Celebrated DGS#2's birthday there in June, 2006.....We were on Dining Plan, but found it best to pay OOP....gave us an extra Sit Down.....We were staying at CR, so we took the boat....

There used to be a bus from the TTC to Fort Wilderness....depending on where you are at Poly, that may be the quickest way.....Also, consider a cab.....costs about $5....10, 15 nimutes, tops.

If you go by monorail and boat, consider returning by taking boat from FW to CR, then hopping the monorail....gives you a chance to check out new stores at CR.

dtootsie42
10-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all the tips. We really appreciate the help and are looking forward to a yummy meal.

ibrowse17
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Make sure you get an ADR for your meal. The word is out, and it is harder and harder to just walk up and eat. Breakfast and lunch are not as bad as dinner, but I would suggest an ADR for any meal as you a making a special trip for it. Enjoy:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
10-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Trails End I can taste it now......

Yes you are on the right track to get there.... The boat ride is so nice also.....

When you get off the boat it is a very short walk to the building.......

:cop: :tigger:

LONESTAR
10-22-2007, 12:18 AM
dose anybody know why they got rid of the the singer at trails end he was there in 1990 -93 maybe earlier i was a kid but i liked his main song. It was called iam my own grandpa