PDA

View Full Version : MORE DME Qs...

Haunt1000
10-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I have read five or so threads about DME but I have one more question. I am staying at Universal the first part of my trip and want to take DME back to the airport from POR. Do they have the bag tags at the hotel as well as the airport? Can I check in for DME when I check in to POR for the return trip only?:confused:

Tink1
10-20-2007, 05:01 PM
For a Resort --> Airport transfer you do not need the tags. Those are only used on the inbound portion so they know where your bags go.

Add the one way return portion to your reservation and they will still send tags you wont use, but you will also have a voucher for the return trip.

Not a problem

N

CleveRocks
10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Everything Tink1 wrote is 100% correct. I'm just going to say it in different words just to make sure you understand.

Yes, it's perfectly fine to take DME one-way. For the direction you want to take it, you really only need to make the reservation about 2 days in advance. If you will be staying at your WDW resort for more than 2 days, then I'd advise you to just make the reservation when you get there. They will print out bus vouchers for you, which (along with a reservation) is all you will need to use DME to catch a ride back to the airport.

If you make the reservation now, in advance, you will be sent an entire DME packet, which will include luggage tags. These tags will be 100% useless for you, as they are used ONLY for routing your luggage for delivery TO your resort from the airport. The packet will also have bus vouchers, but like I said, you can get those printed for you at the resort.

Save a tree, make the reservation at POR if you have the time to do so.