PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Viewing spot

momef3grls
10-20-2007, 04:17 PM
We just came back from the world and we have this tip for anyone who wants to try it. We found it by accident and it had to be the best "mistake" of our trip. We were trying to avoid the parade to hit a few of the big rides and were walking in front of the pooh ride, when all of a sudden fireworks went off on both sides of us. Surprised us a little but we stopped and got what we thought was the best view of the show. We missed the color changes on the castle but the cascades from the fireworks going off right over your head was incredible. DD16 took some awesome pictures and it looks like our DD13 is standing right under a shower of sparks, she really looked like a princess. Just thought I would share a little piece of our magic.

princessimagineer
10-20-2007, 04:54 PM
this past august we did the SAME exact thing. we werent planning on watching the fireworks that night and we were just soo amused by the view from behind the castle that we ended up watching. ive got a million pictures and even a video i took thats soo funny to watch because i havta go back and forth with the camera. our necks were a little strained afterwords but ehh it was all in good fun so i didnt mind. :mickey:

DisneyDudet
10-20-2007, 05:50 PM
After hearing a bunch of people say they saw Wishes from Fantasyland, this trip we decided to actually try it! So, at the last min, we went and found a bench at Pooh's Playful Spot, and just waited a few min, and it started! We moved a little toward Dumbo, and there were a lot of people watching, moving chairs and such. Really, I would rather stand, since you tend to turn and watch it from both sides.

We'll probably do this on purpose again! My dad loved it!

queen2princesses
10-20-2007, 05:57 PM
What my sister and I did (on accident) was we rode Dumbo the nite of EMH. The fireworks were right over our heads. We rode the ride a couple of times during the fireworks as there was no line. The CM even said it was one of the coolest things to do during the fireworks : ) A couple of days later I did the same thing with my 2DD. Very cool.