PDA

View Full Version : When do you usually get your travel docs (luggage tags) from MJ?

terrilo42
10-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Hello,

We are leaving for our trip on 11/21 and we paid the trip in full with Magical Journeys about 2 weeks ago.

I was just wondering when they usually send you all the travel documents once it is paid in full.

Thanks

Tink1
10-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Disney sends them to us about a month before your trip, so we get them about 3 weeks prior to your arrival date and ship them right off to you!

SInce you are an 11/21 travel arrival, they should be arriving in the office the end of this week. (if they mail them on Monday)

Nanc

dmallan
10-20-2007, 03:50 PM
You mentioned luggage tags with your travel documents. I didn't realize that MJ could make the DME arrangements in addition to booking the resort. I assumed that I'd do that myself. What do others do?

disneydeb
10-20-2007, 04:08 PM
I got mine about 2 weeks before my travel date. I drive instead of fly, so I haven't used DME.

Tink1
10-20-2007, 04:57 PM
You mentioned luggage tags with your travel documents. I didn't realize that MJ could make the DME arrangements in addition to booking the resort. I assumed that I'd do that myself. What do others do?

Yes, we take care of your DME arrangements. Actually, the DME tags are different than the luggae tags with your documents. The document tags are the pretty castle ones, not the bright yellow DME ones.

DME comes earlier since it is done by a third party printer. We have an arrangement that DME tags can be shipped direct to the client from the printer. In a perfect world this would always work, but we still do get some DME tags in office.

Nanc

dmallan
10-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Thank you Nanci!
Now I realize that the OP was talking about luggage tags that come with a package.
But I'm glad I found out that MJ will take care of booking my DME!

Mommy2boys
10-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I got our luggage tags about 6wks before and the rest about 4 weeks

vamaggie
10-20-2007, 07:43 PM
We leave Nov 1 and we got our package from MJ last week (Oh Happy Day!!!)

Magic Smiles
10-20-2007, 09:15 PM
We don't leave until 5 Dec 07 and we received our DME luggage tags yesterday delivered by UPS. We have been receiving updated receipts as we paid our trip off. We also booked through Magical Journeys, but prior to this trip we always used CAA. What travel documents would we receive or will we even receive anything else?

Beast_fanatic
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
We don't leave until 5 Dec 07 and we received our DME luggage tags yesterday delivered by UPS. We have been receiving updated receipts as we paid our trip off. We also booked through Magical Journeys, but prior to this trip we always used CAA. What travel documents would we receive or will we even receive anything else?

Did you book a package or room only?

Magic Smiles
10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Did you book a package or room only?

To tell you the truth I don't really know. We have two reservations back to back. One is for 4 days CAA rate with 10 day hopper passes on the same reservation number and the 2nd one is for 12 nights with a PIN discount, no passes as we already have other passes from our previous visit with no expiration.

Tink1
10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
With no tickets, you would have a room only reservation. (all packages must have ticket medie of some sorts on them)

With room only you do not get documents, just a reservation sheet that is sent via email. It will have your 12 digit reservation number on it, resort and the amount paid to date.

Nanc