PDA

View Full Version : Band On The Run

wizardmickey
10-20-2007, 12:25 AM
I always give y'all this sort of news even before I post it on our bands website...
1st, I found out that I must stand corrected concerning the number of people in attendance at our show last Saturday. We estimated between 200-400 at the peak... well according to the security sign-in sheet at the front-gate, we were told today that a total of 800 people were in attendance with an average of 300-400 at any given time!!!! As a direct result, the Plant President who not only oversees this area, but plants in North Carolina, Florida & a few other states wants us to play at company functions elsewhere!
The Mississippi gig has been put on hold; Turns out that the company hasn't even broken ground on the facility they wanted us to open up. In fact, now it looks like they may be moving the site to somewhere else, but wherever it ends up being, we are already the band to play at the opening.
And today, I recieved a call from an entertainment coordinator for the USMC. He needs a band for a graduation ceremony in South Carolina and had heard about our show at the local National Guard base. We'd be playing for a graduating class of 1200 with expenses & details to be worked out/negotiated later (the show will take place in about 3-4 months when the class graduates.)

So, even though some of you half-heartedly wished for RELIX to come to a town near you, it looks like with the way things are shaping up, that may not be so far fetched next year!!!

chrisb26
10-20-2007, 01:00 AM
wow Ice that is awesome!! Congrats on your new gigs! 800 is alot of people great work. :number1:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Woot! That's awesome Ice! Keep rockin' and maybe next time you'll get a thousand! :rocker: :D

Mr. Tom Morrow
10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Thats great Ice! :cool:
I remember way back when you guys were just starting up again... not that long ago really I guess..
Congratulations and keep it up:thumbsup:

Jeremy
10-20-2007, 01:33 AM
WOW!!! way to go Ice Brother!:cool:

Congrats!!!:thumbsup:

wizardmickey
10-20-2007, 01:36 AM
... and got an email tonight from some old bud's we had helped out back in the 80's who are now starting up a very hi-end recording studio. They've offered us the grand tour & have welcomed us to come do some recording there.
The guy who set up the studio and does some side-work for them worked at a studio I used to work at years ago and he helped mix-down our (past band's) first CD. Since then, he's gone on to work with Zack Wilde, Korn, Evanescence & the Family Values Tour. So these would be some big guns who could get the best sound out of us!!!

terri.m
10-20-2007, 01:38 AM
That's awesome Ice!! :number1:

varcity
10-20-2007, 05:51 AM
So, uh, when is the fillmore, shoreline, or greek theater in the tour line up???? I would so be a groupie :number1: :mickey:

Great news ice. When I read about the USMC even I goyt excited. That is pretty big!! Especially that your name got out so quick. Awesome work! Can't wait to meet this celeb next saturday!

wizardmickey
10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
T'would seem that our mantra (of which our previous Bassist didn't buy into) has begun to work:
"ANY Show... ANYwhere... ANY Price (travel restrictions apply!"
We figured if we did (and continue to do) little shows & charge low locally that eventually the word would get out... I don't think we had any idea just how far and wide our reputation was gonna spread!

TinkRocks
10-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Anyone up for a VMK Inside Out meet at Madison Square Gardens in 2008 or 2009? I heard a band called Relix will be on tour there...

wizardmickey
10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
MSG?!?!
We just never know anymore now, do we?

Patricia
10-21-2007, 11:34 AM
This is working out nicely. If your recording professionally in 2 -3 years,that's absolutely perfect timing for me to be leaving Canada and touring with y'all. :)

In the meantime.. I'll continue to stage manage here and stay fine tuned.

Tea, we must get together soon and shop for appropriate back stage wear. :shop:

wizardmickey
10-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Dear Patti,
Since you wish to be a stage manager "when we hit the road" and you and Tea plan to "shop for appropriate back stage wear", perhaps one of your first tasks should be to also shop for some appropriate on stage wear for us! Everytime I watch us on tape I cringe slightly at the shorts & T-shirts!

Thank you...
Ice

Patricia
10-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh.. no problem, we can multi task as your new stylist! We'll just have to do more shopping than originally intended.

Not a problem.

Just so I know where you lean.. What did you think of the look of the 80's band Cinderella? Too much leather? Not enough? Too much spandex, not enough? Too Glam or too understated (is that possible)? Personally I enjoyed their animal prints.. how do you feel about zebra print spandex pants?

No? Ok, maybe not.

A visual for those of you who missed the 80's.

terri.m
10-21-2007, 05:44 PM
I get to be the stylist/roadie??? SWEET! :D

Patti, just name the time and place and I'll be there w/Timmy's in hand!

wizardmickey
10-21-2007, 06:23 PM
( In Response to the attached picture & suggestions: )
Y'know, back in the 80's I probably could've (and almost did) pulled that look off... and at least now I STILL have the hair to attempt it. But, uh... er... you have seen the other guys, right?
Leather: Sure, why not.
Spandex: Not then, not now, NOT EVER!
Animal Prints: Once Upon a Time, I would've in a heartbeat.
Gosh, who would have thought making Ancient Rockers look acceptable by todays standards would be so difficult?

WED1901
10-21-2007, 10:22 PM
If you guys come to Nashville let me know!! I'll be there!! :thumbsup:

TinkRocks
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Dear Patti,
Since you wish to be a stage manager "when we hit the road" and you and Tea plan to "shop for appropriate back stage wear", perhaps one of your first tasks should be to also shop for some appropriate on stage wear for us! Everytime I watch us on tape I cringe slightly at the shorts & T-shirts!

Thank you...
Ice

How about purple or green superhero outfits (see VMK Outfits)??? You guys could put an R (Relix) logo on shirt or on belt buckle...

I get to be the stylist/roadie??? SWEET! :D

Patti, just name the time and place and I'll be there w/Timmy's in hand!

I miss Tim's...

OhGee
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Congrats Ice! Will be looking forward to that NYC show!

Maybe a Judas Priest look would have more edge..

Alligirl
10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Nice going Iceman!!!!

OhGee and I will be in the front row at the Garden!!!:thumbsup:

Patricia
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Leather it is! We'll add some denim.. and keep it simple. We'll let the music "RoCk" 'em.

This is why I need Tea beside me.. she is always there for me with a Timmy's in hand.

NOTE TO SELF: Take Tinkrocks a Timmy's when passing through her town.

Tink, is that a double double? :confused:

cEveArdenfan
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I know it seems like I'm always asking questions, but I have another. What is a Timmy's? :confused:

terri.m
10-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Tim Hortons, a most excellent coffee and doughnut place all across our great northern land.

Patti, what do you take in yours?

WDWfanatic742
10-22-2007, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't believe that anyone would actually wear that nowadays :ack:. Guess I'm too young...

varcity
10-22-2007, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't believe that anyone would actually wear that nowadays :ack:. Guess I'm too young...

you really don't want to see my halloween costume from last year then....

PinkJJ
10-22-2007, 01:56 AM
Are we still congratulating Ice on this thread? ;)
If so....

Congratulations Ice!

If not...

Pardon my excitement for Ice and continue on with talk about Timmy's and attire. :D

Patricia
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Pink! It's never too late to congratulate Ice.

We actually took over his thread.."Bad moderator. Bad." :secret:

I'll just answer Tea's question and get out of here.. I take it double double, but with milk instead of cream.

Mr. Tom Morrow
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Tea?.... I'll have a Tea..large double milk.

ANY Show... ANYwhere... ANY Price....nice mantra Ice ,, I offer you guys 50 cents ( each !!)

wizardmickey
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
50 cents?
Either you're not wanting us to travel very far (see "travel restrictions apply" in our mantra) or you must only want us to play 1 song?
But, for you, and most of the people here, I'd play for 50 cents. I just don't think the guys would consider that an acceptable offer somehow...

Mr. Tom Morrow
10-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Thats 50 cents Canadian Ice thats like 52 cents US.:twocents:

Just kidding Ice I'd pay to see you guys!
I'm glad you guys are doing well, but more importantly I hope you guys are having a lot of fun!:thumbsup:

wizardmickey
10-23-2007, 12:16 AM
I may ending needing a vacation from my vacation it might seem...
We got an offer on our band-site to play at a biker party/rally about an hour away on Saturday November 3rd. They asked us to set our price. We don't get home until Friday the 2nd, so it would be pushing things, but after contacting the "jobless" contingent of our happy little band, it seems we may take it & I'll just have to deal with it and pack up my gear after practice tomorrow night.