PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha or no?

tink179
10-19-2007, 10:55 PM
My family and I have ressies for SPOA for January, but I read a bunch of reviews for it and now I'm scared about going. :( A lot of people said the food wasn't very good and neither was the show. We're on the DDP and have to sit in tier 2. I'm worried about the view and the length of the show. My DH and I have 2 ds's and 1dd. Ages 7, 4, and 2. I don't know how well they'll do if the show isn't entertaining to them. I'm wondering if we'd be better off saving the 2TS credits, and using them elsewhere at 2 different places. What does everyone think? If i decide to cancel, then I will need to hurry and make new ressies somewhere else. Any reccomendations??? TIA for all your help!!!! :thumbsup:

brogan54
10-20-2007, 12:09 AM
i wouldn't do it. dh an i did it in sept and were very disappointed. we too werre on the ddp and our seats were awful you couldn't see the stage from where we were with out peering around a pole. we wouldn't do it again. however the food was excellent. we also did the hoop-de doo musical revue dinner show and that was really good and the ddp seats were great. the food was good. a couple sitting next to us had been to mickeys backyard bbq and said that was great also esp if you have kids. hope that helps with your decision.:mickey:

DizneyRox
10-20-2007, 09:18 AM
First off, none of the 2TS meals are worth using the DDP on.

Second, I wouldn't go to SoA as a guest of someone else, never mind me paying for it.

The answer is no...

pox24
10-20-2007, 09:45 AM
no, the old show was better. the food is only average. go to the hoop de doo

LandFan
10-20-2007, 09:50 AM
No. Do Hoop Dee Doo instead - much more fun and better food!

teambricker04
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I liked the food just fine. I don't remember it being super great, just good. Actually, I don't even remember it, except the bread. Nummy.... I love bread :)

The show was neat, but it was cheesey at some points. When it first started, the acting was terrible and the story line a bit lame. I did turn to my DH and say, "If this is what the whole show is like we are asking for our money back." It did get much better and I enjoyed it despite the acting. I do think kids would really like it. Most of the kids had gotten up from their tables and sat up front on the floor to get a better view and dance along.

We went in Aug of 2004 in between hurricanes so everyone was on tier one, no matter what. There were lots of open tables because most people had left the resort.

I did enjoy it. We were on our honeymoon, so really, I liked everything we did because I was in a really good mood. I do think most of the other posters are right... Is it worth 2 TS? Probably not. I have never seen Hoop De Do Reveue, but I hear it is worth it.

tink179
10-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice!!! I knew you would all come through for me!:number1: I believe you all have helped me make my decision. I think I will call and cancel my ADR's for Spirit of Aloha. I guess I'll be making some new ones.:mickey: Maybe Boma or Ohana's. :party: Thanks again everyone!! I really appreciated all the help! You guys are the best! :number1:

Jared
10-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree with your decision and your potential replacements. 'Ohana and Boma are probably my two favorite restaurants.

Good choice!

:tasty: