PDA

View Full Version : Bring back "POTC" Welcoming Parrot!

Arnold Simba
10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Whenever I've gone to Disneyworld for vacation, my first "Hello" and last "Goodbye" has always been to the Parrot at the entrance to "Pirates Of The Caribbean." It's become something of a tradition with me. The last time I was there (Sept. 2007), it was gone. When I asked a POTC castmember when it could be returning, she told me it was gone for good.
If Disney doesn't want it, give it to me. Otherwise, bring back the "Pirates Of The Caribbean" Parrot. I miss the 'ole eye-patched peg-legged friend!

ariel03
10-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Not to worry your dear friend is still around. You can find him at the World of Disney at Downtown Disney. He is in the pirate room there and he even still talks. :mickey:

JPL
10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Pegleg Pate is alive and well at the World of Disney Adventure Room in DTD. Although now he is hawking cheap Pirate junk instead of getting people into a world class attraction. But it's still much better than the scrap heap :thumbsup:

Be sure to stop by and say hello to him:mickey:

kbean
10-19-2007, 05:38 PM
I was wondering what happened to him. I thought maybe I missed. That ***** that they moved him. Anyone know why?

sainter
10-20-2007, 01:44 PM
The last time I saw him at POTC Pegleg had more missing than a leg -- he was featherless in several spots as well! :ill: He got his own little refurbishment and moved on to a change of scenery. I am happy he is still around though!

princessM0m
10-22-2007, 09:13 AM
You can find him at the World of Disney at Downtown Disney. He is in the pirate room there and he even still talks. :mickey:

I am really glad to know this. My DD8 and I were talking the other day about how we miss him!

Quasimodo
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
My DD misses him too. She nick-named him "Croaky" when she was about 2 yo. She is 8 now, but still calls him Croaky. She was very disappointed when they took him down from the front of POTC. We have seen him at World of Disney a couple of times, and he does look like he is in better shape now. But its just not the same as having at the front of POTC where he belongs.

On a brighter note, they now sell a stuffed Pegleg Pete at the World of Disney as well as some of the other large gift shops. My DD had to have her very own "Croaky" when she saw the stuffed Pete.

mttafire
10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Not to worry your dear friend is still around. You can find him at the World of Disney at Downtown Disney. He is in the pirate room there and he even still talks. :mickey:
Good info, I didnt know that.:thumbsup:

mac badger
10-24-2007, 01:26 AM
im happy to hear he's still around, but still, i wish they would put him back by the ride. he still fits in with the theme and i miss him

jclightchasr
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I didn't know this either and I am glad you can get him as a stuffed animal. I wondered what happened to him. Did they move the tiki totem poles in adventureland too? I remember they used to play drum sounds from within.

darthmacho
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Bummer. Glad he's not extinct, but why would Disney take AWAY from the atmosphere at Adventureland? That parrot is an ICON! :mad: