PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Birthday Bash - part 13

dlpmikki
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Wednesday 17th October
After an extra lie-in Mikki decided it was time for us all to go on a car ride to the Florida Mall. She bought some new trousers because the ones she had were now too big for her. As a Toy Cat I don’t understand how it can take so long to try all these clothes on and then end up with so few. One ribbon on my tail is more than enough, thank you.:confused:

When they got back to the room there was a phone message saying a Fedex parcel was waiting for us. Mikki went over to the front desk to collect it and it was the Visa pin of the Epcot 25th – thank you Alex, you have made my human very happy!:cloud9:

Very soon it was time to head to Epcot for the last meet of the trip, this time with some folks from an UK board. Rather strangely they were meeting at the Rose and Crown but as they included some more of my fans I didn’t mind. The most shocking thing about the meet was the drinks prices and Mikki did not think about asking for the DDE discount until the second round – yes you do get it in the pub too.

We left Epcot by the International Gateway so we could go to Downtown direct from the Beach Club. I was safe in Andrew’sn backpack but the humans were not pleased that the first bus did not pick up passengers, although there was space at the back. Fortunately, it was not a full 29 minutes before the next bus came. We visited West Side but didn’t find anything special or new.

Thursday 18th October
Were we really talking about using the Magic Kingdom’s Magic Hour today? It’s nearly 7am so we better get up. The humans rush to get ready and put me in the backpack. We just manage to get the bus that will get us there about opening time (thank you, driver).

We get a picture near the castle and then go into Fantasyland. It’s a slightly unusual side view and today we get it without a lot of other people in the background.

We ride Peter Pan and head for Pooh – but the ride is down while they replace a vehicle. We go to Tomorrowland and ride Buzz Lightyear. Neither Andrew nor I are allowed to disturb Mikki while she is concentrating on shooting. Some people say she is a little competitive but that is not true: she is very competitive. :D She scores nearly 300,000 but that is not enough so we ride again – and again. Mikki’s advice: for high scores take the left seat.

After that, we go back to Pooh, who is running. We then head for the Haunted Mansion. The line looks long but the sign says it is only a 5 minute wait. It turns out to be only a minute or two more. By the time we get out, the line is much shorter so we take a second trip round, getting in the first time the door opens.

By now it is about 10 am. We check out the Main Street Bakery because my humans have not been fed yet today. The line is huge. We leave the park – very definitely against the flow. We go back to our room and nibble on caramel pecan clusters.

We spend the rest of the day up International Drive shopping: shoes from Rockport and clothes from Nike and Adidas (oh, yes and a pin or two from the Disney outlet). I spend a lot of time hiding out of sight in the car. Lunch in one of the malls is a disappointment so dinner is at the Outback during Happy Hour. We come home and Mikki connects the Internet so we can put up some more of my reports.

disneydrmr
10-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Your humans really do love to shop - don't they.. wow! Did they at least crack the windows for you while you were waiting in the car for them?

offwego
10-19-2007, 04:40 PM
You have a tremendous amount of shopping stamina don't you?

Thanks so much for the fun at EMH it sounds quite nice, is this the first day with no charchters?

MauiMouse
10-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Another fantastic day, Figaro. :cat:

Piglet822
10-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Figaro, I've enjoyed reading all your reports.
Are your humans still up for a get together on Sunday? It will have to be lunchtime or later, Jim and I are working late tomorrow night :)

Bethis26fan
10-20-2007, 12:04 AM
You should get your own pin that reads I survived disney shopping.

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Figaro, it is truly a lovely park day in my eyes when the line at the Main Street Bakery is longer than the lines at the attractions! :cloud9: Glad you're having a such a nice time. It's a good thing you're a patient kitty while your humans are in training for the British Olympic Shopping Team. :rings:

disneydeb
10-20-2007, 08:47 PM
They stuffed you in a back pack and left you in the car!!!??? Poor Kitty!:D

alpro2
10-21-2007, 09:05 AM
When they got back to the room there was a phone message saying a Fedex parcel was waiting for us. Mikki went over to the front desk to collect it and it was the Visa pin of the Epcot 25th – thank you Alex, you have made my human very happy!:cloud9:

Happy to see it arrived and not lost somewhre in a WDW mailroom.

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
10-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I'll have to be sure I never ride on Buzz with Mikki as I never get scores like that!

DizNee143
10-22-2007, 02:38 PM
do your humans only come to the states to go shopping?? lol another nice day...although maybe not for you being stuff in a backpack and left in the car...sorry about that!!