PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Birthday Bash - part 12

dlpmikki
10-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Tuesday 16th October
Mikki is up early to go to a meeting at OKW’s Community Hall about DVC points. Basically, it is a sales pitch – particularly for the extension of term they are selling at Old Key West. They take a few question s but are not allowed to say anything about DVC at the Contemporary (which is not the same as denying it).

Then, we are all off to the Magic Kingdom. It turns out to be a lovely visit. :) The first treat is that Mikki notices the Dapper Dans standing on the back of the trolley in Town Square. By a small quickening of pace, the humans get the last two seats at the front. As we set off, a second cast member joins the driver to help clear the road ahead. So we drive up Main Street USA with the Dapper Dans serenading us and me getting my head stroked and tickled by a Disney cast member. Purrrr.

The castle is closed so we walk round by Sleepy Hollow to get into Fantasyland. There is no line on Snow White so we go in. The day must be brighter than they think, the humans see very little of the early scenes because their eyes have not adjusted. Fortunately, there is still hardly any line when we come out so we go straight back for another ride. Much better.

We collect Fast Passes for Peter Pan and head towards Toontown. Then we see the Queen of Hearts with Alice and the Mad Hatter near the teacups. They must have only just arrived, the line is still quite short. Seeing the Queen will make up for her rudeness last Friday night. We get some nice pictures but she is quite cross about me being the wrong colour. I guess her gesture at the throat translates as “Off with his head”.;)

In Toontown we see Minnie in her garden so rush through her house so I can have my picture with her. She gives me a special cuddle. We then go and join the line to see Goofy, Pluto and Donald (it’s only 15 minutes, it won’t get any shorter says the CM). We see the line for the Princesses moving while ours stays stagnant for ages. Finally Goofy comes running out and the line starts moving. The humans suspect a special group had been meeting my friends. Still the wait in line has meant that we have seen me come up on the mystery character TV show – F for Figaro! :thumbsup:

Goofy and Donald are as nice as usual while Pluto is very clever and gets me to balance on his nose for the pictures.:D We then head back to Fantasyland to look in the shops. As we are about to enter Sir Mickey’s, Mikki spots the Fairy Godmother so we of course stop for pictures.

We ride Peter Pan and then tour the Haunted Mansion. Mikki now wants to check the Frontierland Station. Sure enough, the “wooden leg called Smith” has disappeared from the “Lost and Found” shelf.

We go back to Fantasyland and catch Mickey’s Philharmagic just as a show is going in: minimal wait and good seats towards the front.

The humans now think it is time to eat and we are just across the way from the Village Haus so naturally we head for the Figaro Room (I know, I have lots of pictures there and they are a bit easy – but just one more please).

We decide we have had a successful visit and it is time to go. On the way out we spot Pinocchio in Town Square with a short line. Dear Me, cast member minder, I am Figaro: Cleo is the fish. We also have pictures with Mary Poppins. She is very good and can say that word backwards but that’s taking things a little too far don’t you think?

We all have a nice afternoon rest before going to the Marketplace in the evening. The line at Earl of Sandwich looks short so we had soup and salad and a sandwich.

disneydrmr
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
What a busy and character filled day! And how dare that Queen of Hearts threaten you. Doesn't she know you have claws? :D

offwego
10-19-2007, 04:36 PM
sounds like so much fun..I very much appreciate your sharing it with us.:mickey:

MauiMouse
10-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Sounds like a fun day, Figaro. :cat:

Bethis26fan
10-20-2007, 12:00 AM
sounds like another great day

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Sounds like you and the humans had a lovely day! The Dapper Dans, the Queen of Hearts, her playing cards, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald, and a repeat visit with the Fairy Godmother because you did see her on Friday night (http://www.benellen.smugmug.com/gallery/3655241#209127256-L-LB), didn't you?

And the Earl of Sandwich without a long line? Who knew it was possible?

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
10-21-2007, 04:38 PM
You got to meet a lot of the characters today!

DizNee143
10-22-2007, 01:12 PM
wow today was like character day for you...you got to visit with so many!! your day at MK sounds very nice!!