PDA

View Full Version : If I pull it will more come?

disneydrmr
10-19-2007, 09:20 AM
UGH!!!! Ok, I'm not having the best of mornings. Dh and I aren't speaking at the moment... we had severe storms through the night which scared the doggies who decided to keep ME awake to comfort them... and then this AM... I found my first ever GREY HAIR! :fit::sob::scared: I told one of my co-workers about it and she LAUGHED at me! :mad: So I wanted to share my upset with all my Intercot friends, whom I'm sure won't laugh at me - right? (hmmm... Alex and Pogo, maybe, but the rest of you?) :D

Jenemmy
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh man -- I am 36 and my gray hairs started popping up a few years ago. I remember washing my hands in a department store bathroom a few years ago when I was majorly pregnant. I looked at myself under those weird lights and saw my huge belly and my gray hairs and thought "Good grief, what a combo!!!" LOLOL. Miss Clairol and I have been getting along beautifully for a few years ;) I hates them grays -- not ready for them at ALL.

As for the storms last night -- you know, I think I live in your general vicinity and my mom even called me this morning to ask if the kids were up and scared last night. I had NO CLUE what she was talking about! We all slept right on through it. She said there were tornado warnings and all -- DUH!!!

As for the DH -- well, I got one of those, too! LOL. He will come around! Looks like we have some nice sunshine out there right now -- hope you can get out and enjoy it and have a great day!!

offwego
10-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Di first of all..no laughing of course and heres a hug! :grouphug:

Now they will not make more if you pull it (I was watching a show on common myths and that was a myth)..and of course you can always colour if they get beyond what you'd like.

If it makes you feel better I've had them since my early 20's (23 in fact..found a bunch the day of my brothers funeral of all things!)

One thing if your using home colours for the grey be sure to test it on a strand or two as it will take colour differently (which is why I pay someone to do my 99% of the time)

Hope you & Dh work it out soon & that the weather is all done for you!

pogo
10-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey baby..... I think grey hair is sexy !!!!!;)

:funny:...... :haha:

Life is too short to worry about the small stuff like this. :shake:

There are people with no hair.... people with no feet.... and people with no arms. Be thankfull to God you have hair to turn grey.

Smile, Love and be loved ! :D

Strmchsr
10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Grey hair is a sign of wisdom, right? So, now we can just call you "Wise One." :)

diz_girl
10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes. Just kidding!

It's an old wives' tale. They got more grey hairs because they got old, not because they pulled. It's an excuse that old women make for getting grey hair. They are also the same women blame their children on their grey hair.

I had the the same helf-dozen grey hairs from my mid-20s to my mid-30s, but then they started to multiply. Hopefully I'll take after my father, he's only getting salt and pepper hair now, in his late 60s.

I just love the old Italian ladies who continue to dye their hair jet black, as if trying to fool us into thinking that they're not ancient.

floridamom
10-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I had a similar reaction to finding my first one a couple of years ago. I pulled it, and basically, the same one kept regrowing in the same spot. I have long dark hair, so it was pretty easy to find the short grey sucker sticking straight up near my part. Now I am starting to notice that it is more like two or three little ones are cropping up in the same area. I don't think it has much to do with the fact that I pulled the first one, just that I am (sigh) continuing to age. :mickey:

kakn7294
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I totally feel for you! On the day I found my first gray hair when I was in my mid-twenties, I told my boss I needed to go home. He laughed...:thedolls: I color my hair now because there are too many to pull (Jenemmy, I prefer Loreal) but they still show through sometimes and I hate them. I still pull them sometimes too - one of these days I think I might be bald. Pogo, are bald women sexy too?

NJBelle
10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Well, the grey hairs are the sign of wisdom. You'll just be the wisest person on intercot!

Just kidding. I feel for you. Although I'm only in my teens, I have some whites in the back under the red. And when I was 13 I went half bald.

But really, there's too much to do in life to let a little grey bother you. Besides, there's always dye. ;) If you don't like it, high-light it.

conorsmom2000
10-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Um, the grey hairs started for me when I was 17!! Now, at the ripe old age of 37 I'd be almost all grey if I didn't color my hair! Both my parents went grey super early, so now all 7 kids are either all grey, or on a first name basis with their hairdresser. :D

Sorry, Di! Momma always said there'd be days like this! :mickey: Hope it gets better!

Marilyn Michetti
10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
When I started with the Clairol, after hating seeing the grey hairs, it got to be a real burden. All my towels had color on them, it was expensive, and I couldn't get the blobs off the floor and countertop. :thedolls: Now, this was several years later, and I finally decided "this it it". Now, you can't just let the color grow out, until it's gone, so I switched to the temporary, six weeks, job, and gradually went lighter, until the grey blended gradually. When I was finally able to stop, I found my hair was a beautiful silver with some black in it, and I never got so many compliments. :D

Now, I can hardly wait until my hair looks like my mother's. Unfortunately, there is no product that can make your hair "whiter".:cool:

Fight it if you must, but let me tell you, getting off the "bottle" is a major drag!:blush:

Marker
10-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Grey hair is a sign of wisdom, right? So, now we can just call you "Wise One." :)

If that's the case..... then I am a total genius.

If I attempted to pluck out every gray hair, I'd be nearly bald.

mttafire
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey baby..... I think grey hair is sexy !!!!!;)

:funny:...... :haha:

Life is too short to worry about the small stuff like this. :shake:

There are people with no hair.... people with no feet.... and people with no arms. Be thankfull to God you have hair to turn grey.

Smile, Love and be loved ! :D
AMEN!!! 100% agreed.

MsMin
10-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Diane, Seriously?-- I got my first gray hair 7 yrs before you were born and no I'm not close to 75 or 80! I'm jealous of Marilyn who can go natural b/c I haven't seen that in a long time and dying is a pain. My family objects to me going natural. My kids insist that they don't want me to look older :(
I started to gray before I hit the double digits.
:hug: My sympathy does not lie in the fact that you have a gray hair but that you feel it's a milestone or passage into geriatrics?? You're not a senior yet Diane. Think of it as a little sparkle of pixie dust earned from touching the lives of others!!

kakn7294
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Think of it as a little sparkle of pixie dust earned from touching the lives of others!!Beth, that's too funny! I never thought of gray hair as a little sparkle of pixie dust - and I don't think I ever will - but it put a smile on my face! And now I'm off to color my hair - I've got a wedding next weekend and I can't have those grays showing!

sagessa
10-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Don't feel too bad. I got my first grey hair when I was 15. They're scattered all through the front of my hair now, but I usually don't worry about it until we go on vacation. Then I color it with a semi-permanent because I know that we'll be taking lots of photos. :photo: Jym's actually taking one right now. :mickey:

Rachel R.

Jenemmy
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
(Jenemmy, I prefer Loreal) ?

Well,,,,you're worth it!! ;)

(Isn't that Loreal's slogan?? Cause if I have it confused with another hair color this won't make any sense! LOL)

mickey&missy
10-19-2007, 07:28 PM
:hug: I won't laugh!!

If it makes you feel any better, my hair is falling out! Yes, I now its a hormones. I have a 4 month old. But, let me tell you, it frightening to see the amount in the shower drain! Plus, I keep having to swiffer the house because my hair is everywhere. I know it'll grow back, but I swear I'll be completely bald before that happens!

conorsmom2000
10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
When I was finally able to stop, I found my hair was a beautiful silver with some black in it, and I never got so many compliments. :D

Now, I can hardly wait until my hair looks like my mother's. Unfortunately, there is no product that can make your hair "whiter".:cool:

Marilyn, that's funny you said that - my Mom eventually gave up covering her grey (ironically, when she was my age, and had just had myself and my twin brother! :blush: ) and her hair went to a beautiful shade of "grey" - that really snowy, all white color. People would always compliment her on it and asked if she dyed it that color!! :D She would, of course, answer "no, my 7 kids did!" :D

Knowing my hair could potentially look like my Mom's is fine with me too - but I'm not ready for it yet! :mickey:

brownie
10-19-2007, 08:18 PM
The lady who cuts my wife's hair said it's better to cut gray hairs than to pull them out, but I can't believe pulling them out would cause more gray hairs (kids on the other hand, I can vouch for!)

DDBird
10-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the club....I name each of my grays - they all seem to be named after my kids or husband:)

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 04:24 PM
:) Di, I promise I won't laugh!! I don't get gray ones - I get white!! :( I noticed them a few years ago when we were going through a particularly stressful time, and couldn't believe it... and truthfully, they still seem to come and go, depending on what's going on in our life. (Okay, and what color is in the bottle - I've resorted to that a few times... :blush:) But honestly - it's not that bad... I just figure it's a sign of wisdom, right??? (Hush, Alex & Pogo...)

Smile... you leave in 9 days, right??? :cloud9:

IloveDisney71
10-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I saw my first gray before I turned 30. I held off on dying my hair for a few years but gave in about 3 years ago and started using "the bottle". ;) My husband laughs every time I get ready to dye my hair and asks, "so what color is it going to be this time?" I've had some pretty funny colors - that did NOT look anything like the box (reddish - orange) :confused:. LOL Anyway I finally found Loreal's natural match and it really DOES match! FINALLY!!!
Anyway, I can sympathize with you and tell you that it's really not so bad. :thumbsup: