PDA

View Full Version : Univeral's Hard Rock Hotel

Magoo
10-19-2007, 07:44 AM
I had intially booked a standard view at Royal Pacific but then found I could get an obstructed view at HRH for $18 more per night. It seems that HRH is the majority fav of the three Universal Resorts. They tell me that an obstructed view could be a palm tree, view of a lower level rooftop or a parking lot. I'll have a 6 yr old and 2 teens with me. I'm sure we won't be sitting in the room looking outside much so I think I did the right thing. What would you do?

chechas
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
The last couple of years for my daughter's bday I take her and a couple of her friends to Universal studios for the weekend. The first year we stayed at Royal Pacific and loved it. The theming in the lobby is great and it is a wonderful hotel. Plus they have a luau. The girls really enjoyed it.

This year when she turned 12 we stayed at Hard rock. I had 4 girls between the ages of 11 and 12 and they absolutely loved the pool at Hardrock. We had a obstructed view with a palm Tree between us and parking lot but we did not spend a lot of time in the room. The girls loved that music was pumped under water at the pool and we spent hours upon hours there when we weren't in the parks. they do games by the pool with prizes such as a henna tatoo, drink coupons etc. Plus a hula hoop contest and name that tune. It was great fun for all of us.

So either choice is a good one. The teens will enjoy the music theming and pool at Hardrock....Have fun!

andreallybadeggs
10-27-2007, 09:46 PM
We enjoyed them both. Think I prefer the more laid-back RP atmosphere but HR was certainly fun.
Win-win choice. Have a good time!