PDA

View Full Version : Central/ Western NY and Ontario Meet

pogo
10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I've been volunteered to host a meet for any and all that would like to come to Rochester, New York for a meet. :mickey:

It will be a one day thing in the Rochester area.... I'm thinking Bugaboo Creek (Moderately priced Steakhouse) for early dinner on a Saturday in November or December. We could also tie in a trip to the Strong Museum of Play. (That's if Natazu comes)

Please give me your thoughs and pick the date that best suits you and your family. :D

BriarRose0708
10-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Count me in!!!!

Bugaboo Creek is yummy, how about Dinosaur BBQ?

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
:woohoo: I'm in, no matter what date comes up best, I'll be there... but my best date is Dec. 1st, as we have nothing planned at this point. Nov. 10th is second -- I'd just have to call-in the night before (which would be okay, as it's also my birthday!! :cake:) What a fun present meeting you guys again would be!! (Okay, meeting you, Pogo, for the first time -- but that's awesome, too!) :thumbsup:
Bugaboo Creek sounds fine, too, BTW...

ElenitaB
10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
If someone could pick us up at the airport, we'd be game.

Thanksgiving weekend would be great but the only date that wouldn't work for us would be Nov 17th which is Ben's birthday and we'll be doing something down here for him.

grego77
10-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm interested...let me know when and where, and I'll see what's going on. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 02:48 PM

Thanksgiving weekend would be great but the only date that wouldn't work for us would be Nov 17th which is Ben's birthday and we'll be doing something down here for him.
One way or the other, one of us will pick you guys up -- absolutely!!! :D

offwego
10-19-2007, 04:58 PM
The idea sounds good for me...is this a kiddo friendly spot or should I leave the 12 year old behind (though I'd love to meet Ben and for William to meet him & Harry if Jenn & Brian can make it)

MauiMouse
10-19-2007, 08:33 PM
It's only a 6 hour drive, humm :car:

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 08:44 PM
The idea sounds good for me...is this a kiddo friendly spot or should I leave the 12 year old behind (though I'd love to meet Ben and for William to meet him & Harry if Jenn & Brian can make it)
We'd probably bring Julia & Emma, if others are bringing theirs... :)

offwego
10-20-2007, 12:44 PM

If it makes you feel better that's what it is for us each way as well..since we are way way southwest in Ontario (south of Detroit in fact!)

pogo
10-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Count me in!!!!

Bugaboo Creek is yummy, how about Dinosaur BBQ? Cool !

:woohoo: I'm in, no matter what date comes up best, I'll be there... but my best date is Dec. 1st, as we have nothing planned at this point. Nov. 10th is second -- I'd just have to call-in the night before (which would be okay, as it's also my birthday!! :cake:) What a fun present meeting you guys again would be!! (Okay, meeting you, Pogo, for the first time -- but that's awesome, too!) :thumbsup:
Bugaboo Creek sounds fine, too, BTW...
Can't wait to meet you. :D

I promise I'd pick you up ! :D

The idea sounds good for me...is this a kiddo friendly spot or should I leave the 12 year old behind (though I'd love to meet Ben and for William to meet him & Harry if Jenn & Brian can make it)Wow... you'd consider coming out ?? Yes, it will be kid friendly. :D

Come on... you can do it. :D

pogo
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
In a previous post Ellen said she would love to see Niagara Falls and with Natalie and Mary considering the trip, would a Buffalo/ Niagara Falls meet be better for everyone ? It will cut down their time by an hour.

If so, Ellen, you could still fly into Rochester and I'd pick you up.

OK...... what do you all thinnk about that ? :D

BronxTigger
10-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Oooooh....Niagara Falls?? Hmm....that MIGHT work.

If it does, I can't do Nov 3 or 24, but any other weekend day works for me provided it doesn't conflict with the Hoboken meet.

ElenitaB....you would fly there? Isn't it cheaper to drive? :confused:

Caroleh
10-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I put Nov. 10 because I have to work the rest of the Saturdays in Nov. Dec 1 I'll be flying to WDW. Dec. 8th might work because we'll just be arriving home the 7th.

Rochester is fine, but then so is Niagara Fall!! I would love to meet you all!!

BriarRose0708
10-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Niagara would be fine with me, though I wouldn't be able to go the weekend of the 10th or 17th because of work related things. But whatever's best for the group!

Dsnygirl
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
We could do Buffalo/Niagara Falls, as we could stay with Dan's mom... Nov. 10th would still work well, as would Dec. 1st... Nov. 17 and Dec. 8 would be out for us, as I work those nights and couldn't get back to Syracuse in time. We could possibly do Nov. 24th, as we'll already be in Buffalo for T'giving, but we may have plans w/ Dan's family for our nephews b'day party that day.

disneydeb
10-21-2007, 03:06 PM
:D Sat, 24 Nov 07
Flight 1048
Flight 66 6:05 AM Depart Nashville, TN (BNA)
9:25 AM
10:55 AM Connect New York, NY (JFK)
12:20 PM Arrive Buffalo, NY (BUF)

I'm looking for a direct flight as I am scared to transfer planes by myself in a large airport,
you know city mouse - country mouse thing.:D

BronxTigger
10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
:D Sat, 24 Nov 07
Flight 1048
Flight 66 6:05 AM Depart Nashville, TN (BNA)
9:25 AM
10:55 AM Connect New York, NY (JFK)
12:20 PM Arrive Buffalo, NY (BUF)

I'm looking for a direct flight as I am scared to transfer planes by myself in a large airport,
you know city mouse - country mouse thing.:D

Avoid JFK like the plague.

disneydeb
10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
I didn't vote in the poll, but I had such a good time with the New York Intercotee's I fell like an adopted member of that state.:party: Jenn and Bryan, I know you don't actually live in NY, but I count you in that group too!:cool: Chances are I won't make it,so party on people!I want picures and drink something for me!:beer::thumbsup:

pogo
10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I didn't vote in the poll, but I had such a good time with the New York Intercotee's I fell like an adopted member of that state.:party: Jenn and Bryan, I know you don't actually live in NY, but I count you in that group too!:cool: Chances are I won't make it,so party on people!I want picures and drink something for me!:beer::thumbsup:
You are such a tease ! I knew you wouldn't come to meet me..... er ....... us. :D

disneydeb
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
You are such a tease ! I knew you wouldn't come to meet me..... er ....... us. :D

You are such a :turkey:! I want to go,but it is so far and ... my legs are so short and...I've looked and there are no direct flights from BNA to BUF and to visit a couple of hours a ticket would cost about $500.00. Do you know how many Chritmas presents that will buy?

pogo
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I've looked and there are no direct flights from BNA to BUF and to visit a couple of hours a ticket would cost about $500.00. Do you know how many Chritmas presents that will buy?

Well..... if you are buying me a Christmas present, how are you going to get it to me ??? :confused:

disneydeb
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
My sweet Big Brother-- you'll know it when you get it!:D

Mr. Tom Morrow
10-21-2007, 08:30 PM
I'd be in for a Niagra Falls location... as far as the date , it really doesn't matter. :thumbsup:

MauiMouse
10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Niagra Falls would be great for me too. As for the date right now I know that I can't do it on the 3rd, 17th or 24th. So it looks likes only the 10th. I'll know more tomorrow.

pogo
10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I'd be in for a Niagra Falls location... as far as the date , it really doesn't matter. :thumbsup:
Good deal. Keep watching for more info and input where you can. :D

Niagra Falls would be great for me too. As for the date right now I know that I can't do it on the 3rd, 17th or 24th. So it looks likes only the 10th. I'll know more tomorrow.
Oh Mary... you are making me so excited ! I've always wanted to meet you. :D

MauiMouse
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh Mary... you are making me so excited ! I've always wanted to meet you. :D

:blush:

Jared
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll probably have to skip this one if it's far from Syracuse. If we had the meet in Rochester, I was hoping I could ride with Blythe. Otherwise, I'll probably pass.

Actually, I'll have a car after Thanksgiving, so I'll actually be able to drive myself, but I'm afraid of the weather in December.

Just keep me updated.

Natazu
10-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Actually, I'll have a car after Thanksgiving, so I'll actually be able to drive myself, but I'm afraid of the weather in DecemberIsn't he cute folks.

Tink&Goofy
10-22-2007, 12:05 AM
I want to go so bad!! But its not in the cards this time. :sad:From now until the end of the year is such a busy time with all the birthdays and holidays! I can't even combine it with a work trip - I've never been sent to Buffalo or anywhere nearby!
Oh well, we will just have to plan another meet another time. I would love to meet those that couldn't make it to WDW, and get to see those that I did meet, again!
You will all just have to drink one for me, OK?
(Blythe, you know my taste in wine, so I'm sure you can handle having an extra for me!)

Mickey'sGirl
10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
I didn't vote for a date at all....although we would prefer a November date. I'm game and will tell Brian that he is too! :D I will pick anyone up from the airport too.....:mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I want to go so bad!! But its not in the cards this time. Oh well, we will just have to plan another meet another time. I would love to meet those that couldn't make it to WDW, and get to see those that I did meet, again!
You will all just have to drink one for me, OK?
(Blythe, you know my taste in wine, so I'm sure you can handle having an extra for me!)
You got it -- :D -- you will be missed, though!! :(

I didn't vote for a date at all....although we would prefer a November date. I'm game and will tell Brian that he is too! :D I will pick anyone up from the airport too.....:mickey:
Yeah!! :joy: :yay: It'd be great to see you guys again!!

I'm afraid I have to back off from the Nov. 24th date... looks like that is going to be the date of our nephew's birthday party. :( Still game for the 10th or 1st... I'll have to call-in w/ the flu for the 10th, but hey... it's my birthday... why not, right??? :blush:

offwego
10-22-2007, 10:28 AM
In a previous post Ellen said she would love to see Niagara Falls and with Natalie and Mary considering the trip, would a Buffalo/ Niagara Falls meet be better for everyone ? It will cut down their time by an hour.

If so, Ellen, you could still fly into Rochester and I'd pick you up.

OK...... what do you all thinnk about that ? :D
Niagara would cut a great deal off for me..(more then an hour as I can angle down to do that way from here) but either way if the date works we will be there. (besides after missing the big intercot meet don't I owe you guys one?)

BriarRose0708
10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Actually, I'll have a car after Thanksgiving, so I'll actually be able to drive myself, but I'm afraid of the weather in December.

Just keep me updated.

Oh please, be a man and drive in the snow like the rest of us! (I wanted to say something else but it's family board, so if you want to know what it was I'll gladly PM you ;))

Gah! November 10 is winning and that's the one date I absolutely can not do. But, that's what other meets are for. I just miss you guys!

grego77
10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
ditto what Nikki said. That would be the one weekend I definitely could NOT do it (11-9/11-11). Keep me updated.

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Niagara would cut a great deal off for me..(more then an hour as I can angle down to do that way from here) but either way if the date works we will be there. (besides after missing the big intercot meet don't I owe you guys one?)

Absolutely!! Plus -- I need to see what shoes you'll wear!! :D

Jared
10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh please, be a man and drive in the snow like the rest of us! (I wanted to say something else but it's family board, so if you want to know what it was I'll gladly PM you ;))

Gah! November 10 is winning and that's the one date I absolutely can not do. But, that's what other meets are for. I just miss you guys!
Trust me, if my car was still living, I wouldn't have a problem. Unfortunately, my baby met a compactor in September. We're going used car shopping around Thanksgiving.

Caroleh
10-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I know that the 10th isn't good for everyone, but if we make it that day, I'll do up nametags for all of us!!

pogo
10-23-2007, 07:32 AM
It looks like November 10th is leading..... any more thoughts on this date ? :confused: I'm still open to suggestions.

CanadianWDWFan
10-23-2007, 08:23 AM
I'll go whenever my DW tells me is the best time for me to be there! :D

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll go whenever my DW tells me is the best time for me to be there! :D
Hi Brian! :hi: Funny, you sound just like Dan... :D

pogo
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I'll go whenever my DW tells me is the best time for me to be there! :D Spoken like a true DH ! Cousin has you trained real well ! :D

Hi Brian! :hi: Funny, you sound just like Dan... :D

Dan and I will have to talk. :D

offwego
10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
So I know we are still debating date...what about place? I'm confused (but eager to go!)

CanadianWDWFan
10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Spoken like a true DH ! Cousin has you trained real well ! :D
:secret: Don't tell her, because it might go straight to her head!:)

Caroleh
10-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm game and will tell Brian that he is too! :D

:secret: Don't tell her, because it might go straight to her head!:)

Hey Brian, Gilles, my DH says wife is wise, wife is all knowing. He'll keep saying it too if he knows what's good for him!!! Since tomorrow is our 9th anniversary, do you think I trained him right?:D

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 03:58 AM
:) Hi guys - okay, I just got a friend to switch days with me, so I am definitely in on Nov. 10th (w/o having to use a sick day! :thumbsup:) and then also just as available Dec. 1st. Nov. 17th would be our only other possibility....

As far as the schedule goes, we're fine with either Buffalo or Rochester, whichever makes it easier for those coming in from farther away. Anybody have any ideas for a meeting spot? We were at the Falls in September, and I probably have a bunch of info at home on restaurants, etc.... anybody been there recently and have a favorite?

And what are people thinking re: time of day? Our girls have ballet in the am, and although they could miss it, it'd be easier if they didn't - but that wouldn't put us in Buffalo until 2:45 or so. What time are folks thinking they're going to want to arrive, and how long are you thinking of staying? Certainly, if it's easier to meet on the earlier side, we'll have them take a miss -- but I wanted to check and see what others were thinking.

Food for thought - the lights go up for Niagara's Winter Festival of Lights on Nov. 3rd... we've never been, but we've heard it's amazing -- even some Disney displays! :)

Can't wait to see everyone!! :D

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Okay...I'm going to help out Pogo with this, since it was Blythe and I that sorta volunteered Pogo.

If we're going with the Nov. 10th date we really need to get the ball rolling. We need to see how many people are okay with this date. So here are a few questions that need answered:

November 10: yes or no
Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Rochester
time
How many people--we'll need this to make reservations and figure out the size of the placeI'll start!!

November 10: yes
Buffalo/Niagara Falls
How many people--2I was thinking it might be fun to meet at the Falls and then head out to someplace to eat.

offwego
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
:
[LIST=1]
November 10: yes
Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Rochester (niagara 1st choice but will do either)
time early afternoon or after is great!
How many people 3 two grownups that my 12 year old will bring

I answered above Carol!

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Thank you, Natalie!!

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Okay...I'm going to help out Pogo with this, since it was Blythe and I that sorta volunteered Pogo.

If we're going with the Nov. 10th date we really need to get the ball rolling. We need to see how many people are okay with this date. So here are a few questions that need answered:
[LIST=1]
November 10: yes or no
Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Rochester
time
How many people[I]--we'll need this to make reservations and figure out the size of the place.

November 10- No :(
All locations are good
Afternoon or late morning
Just me!

Thanks for taking the initiative Carol!

Mickey'sGirl
10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
November 10 - Yes
Attending - 2 Adults and 2 kids
Time -- anytime after 2
Place - N/F is closer, but Rochester is fine too.

pogo
10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Sorta ???????????? :confused:
It's about time !

November 10..... OK
Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Rochester... either.
time........... any
How many people....... 2

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Nov 10 - yes
Buffalo or Rochester, doesn't matter
Attending - 2 adults, 2 DD's
Time - anytime after 3pm

Carol - I'm in on the helping part -- was it really just you and I?? :blush: Wow... look what a little wishing can do! (Didn't someone more famous say that?? :D)

MauiMouse
10-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry to say that I can't make this one. My boss will be out of town and I just can't be that far away while he's gone.

I'd love to see those light at the Falls though, sounds beautiful.

Have fun everyone!

BronxTigger
10-24-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm still trying to see if I can swing this. If so, Nov 10 would be great for me; it's a three day weekend! Woot!

I'll let you know very soon.

pogo
10-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry to say that I can't make this one.

:(

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm sorry to say that I can't make this one.

:(

I'm still trying to see if I can swing this. If so, Nov 10 would be great for me; it's a three day weekend! Woot!

I'll let you know very soon.

Let me know as soon as you can.

It's looking pretty good so far!! 10 adults and 5 kids.

pogo
10-24-2007, 11:13 PM
It's looking pretty good so far!! 10 adults and 5 kids.
How have you got me figured.... as an adult or a kid ? :D

Tink&Goofy
10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Course, my DH WAS just asking me what I wanted for my birthday.....hmmmm.....

pogo
10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
There you go.... teasing us again. :shake:

Caroleh
10-25-2007, 07:59 AM

I'm still trying to figure that one out!!!! Should I say 10 big kids and 5 smaller ones?

CanadianWDWFan
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Wasn't it in you signature line, 6 year old kid in a 56 year old body?:D

So there is no confusion now. You are a kid!

So it seems that the date is nailed down, what about place/event?

Dsnygirl
10-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey - just think - we could have a joint celebration!! :party: I think you ought to give it a shot... :D

pogo
10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Wasn't it in you signature line, 6 year old kid in a 56 year old body?
I think you better read it again. :D

offwego
10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Have we figured out a where? Cause for Rochester I need to kennel my dog for the falls I could leave him with my Mom....and I have to figure out if it's rochester if we should stay somewhere....thanks!

Caroleh
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm waiting to see if we have anyone else, perhaps Ellen and Bronx Tiger. After that we'll see which will be the best place to meet. Hopefully, we'll get an idea by Monday.

Jared
10-26-2007, 04:39 PM
I just spoke to Ellen and she said she wants to come. Blythe, any chance I can hitch a ride with you if the date works out for both of us?

I'll keep checking the thread next week.

Dsnygirl
10-26-2007, 05:49 PM
I just spoke to Ellen and she said she wants to come. Blythe, any chance I can hitch a ride with you if the date works out for both of us?

I'll keep checking the thread next week.
If the meet is in Rochester, absolutely -- if it's in Buffalo, probably not, as we'd be staying with my MIL for Fri/Sat nights. :(

Anybody have any other ideas?

BronxTigger
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
As much as I'd love to come, I don't think it's going to work out for me this time. I'd have to rent a car, pay for gas, tolls, hotel, etc....and I think it will just cost too much for a short weekend. Also, I'd probably have to drive up by myself in unfamiliar territory.

Maybe if you do something next spring/summer I could make it up there. Have a great time!

Dsnygirl
10-27-2007, 01:27 PM
As much as I'd love to come, I don't think it's going to work out for me this time. I'd have to rent a car, pay for gas, tolls, hotel, etc....and I think it will just cost too much for a short weekend. Also, I'd probably have to drive up by myself in unfamiliar territory.

Maybe if you do something next spring/summer I could make it up there. Have a great time!

:( I'm sad... I would've enjoyed more time to talk, since it was short at the I'cot bash! :(

Jared
10-27-2007, 02:40 PM
If the meet is in Rochester, absolutely -- if it's in Buffalo, probably not, as we'd be staying with my MIL for Fri/Sat nights. :(

Anybody have any other ideas?
Ellen said I could crash with her if the meet requires an overnight stay. Keep me updated.

:)

Caroleh
10-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Would anyone object if we said we'll have it in Rochester? I was thinking since Pogo was so generous and start this that we could make life a little easier for him..since his body is so old..DH says mature and I said no, old!!!:D

pogo
10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Would anyone object if we said we'll have it in Rochester? I was thinking since Pogo was so generous and start this that we could make life a little easier for him..since his body is so old..DH says mature and I said no, old!!!:DThat only goes to show you your DH is smarter than you ! I'd just as soon have it in Buffalo. Whatever you all decide. :D

Caroleh
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
That only goes to show you your DH is smarter than you ! I'd just as soon have it in Buffalo. Whatever you all decide. :D

Jeesh, see if I try to be nice to you!!!:D Ok, dear wise one, where in Buffalo would we meet?

CanadianWDWFan
10-28-2007, 09:45 PM
So we are going to Buffalo now? Since I don't know the city, I am relying on my friends to the South to pick a good spot.

Hey Dan want to catch a Sabres' game?:D

pogo
10-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Jeesh, see if I try to be nice to you!!!:D Ok, dear wise one, where in Buffalo would we meet?I just meant the Buffalo area is fine. That includes Niagara Falls, both sides.

I know Ellen said she would like to see the Falls. I'm still not sure she is planning to attend other than what Jared has posted.

I think it would be easier for Natalie, you, Jenn and Brian.

It wouldn't make a difference of the rest of us.

So as far as I'm concerned lets meet on the North side of Niagara Falls at Table Rock House at noon. Everyone chime in. :D

Caroleh
10-28-2007, 09:56 PM
So we are going to Buffalo now? Since I don't know the city, I am relying on my friends to the South to pick a good spot.

Hey Dan want to catch a Sabres' game?:D

We don't know Buffalo either. We actually knew a little of Rochester, just because Gilles worked there. Do you think we can trust Pogo to find a really good spot?

CanadianWDWFan
10-28-2007, 10:00 PM
So as far as I'm concerned lets meet on the North side of Niagara Falls at Table Rock House at noon. Everyone chime in. :D
That's fine with us, just that we can't be there until 2:00. I think that Nat said something to the same effect.

Caroleh
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I heard from Ellen and she won't be able to make it. I still need to hear from Natalie before we make a final decision.

Bugaboo or Table Rock House?

Dsnygirl
10-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Buffalo's fine w/ us, we don't care which restaurant, as we don't know either. When you say "north side" of the falls, is that the Canadian side, or American? (Sorry -- don't know the area at alll... don't laugh too hard... :blush:) We won't get there 'til after 3pm, as we can't leave Syracuse until 12:15... I believe it takes us 2 1/2 hrs to Orchard Park, and another 45 minutes or so, depending on which side of the falls we're on. I'll have to go googling and mapquesting... :D

CanadianWDWFan
10-29-2007, 09:56 AM
When you say "north side" of the falls, is that the Canadian side, or American?
Table Rock is on the Canadian side. It is right in the main tourist centre at the top of the Falls.

offwego
10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Are we back to buffulo? or Niagra? I'm confused (which isn't at all hard to do).

I have to admit since my DH can't come I'd much much prefer buffulo or the falls....and I'll likely be getting a room anyway so could have a roomie as long as they don't mind 12 year old boys.

pogo
10-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Are we back to buffulo? or Niagra? I'm confused (which isn't at all hard to do).

I have to admit since my DH can't come I'd much much prefer buffulo or the falls....and I'll likely be getting a room anyway so could have a roomie as long as they don't mind 12 year old boys.Sorry Natalie.... Patti wouldn't let me. But thanks for the offer ! :D

offwego
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Sorry Natalie.... Patti wouldn't let me. But thanks for the offer ! :D

Patti doesn't like rooming with 12 year old boys? She's a smart cookie your wife!

Dsnygirl
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
What time are people thinking they'd like to meet? (If we're still on for the Falls...) Depending on bridge wait time, I may decide to pull my girls out of ballet and come out earlier - I'm afraid of getting stuck and not getting across the border until after 4pm or something! And we don't need passports yet, right? Isn't that January?

Caroleh
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
No passports yet. I'd make sure you have photo ID and maybe birth certificates, just in case. I know they were still rethinking the passport thing for the Buffalo/Falls area because people working across the borders.

Okay, Table Rock in the Falls..
Brian and Jenn can't get there until 2ish
Dan and Blythe around 3ish?
Gilles and I can get there anytime.
Natalie?
Pogo?

ElenitaB
10-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Man... now you guys are saying the Falls again. :(

I'm starting a new drug regime on Thursday and have no idea how I'll react so I do think we'll have to pass no matter what. Please let's try to do another meet (at Niagara Falls? :yes:) next Spring or summer. I went many, many moons ago, but I'd love to take Ben.

Have a great time, everyone! Drink a :marg: or some :wine: for me.

MauiMouse
10-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Man... now you guys are saying the Falls again. :(

I'm starting a new drug regime on Thursday and have no idea how I'll react so I do think we'll have to pass no matter what. Please let's try to do another meet (at Niagara Falls? :yes:) next Spring or summer. I went many, many moons ago, but I'd love to take Ben.

I'm all for another meet at the Falls next Spring or Summer. We can all go on Maid of the Mist. :rain:

Good luck on your new drug regime Ellen.

BriarRose0708
10-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I can't make this one because of work, but I am with Mary and Ellen on a Spring/summer Falls meet!

I will be in Ithaca on Saturday, but for people staying over would a lunch in Rochester on Sunday be possible?

BriarRose0708
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM
What time are people thinking they'd like to meet? (If we're still on for the Falls...) Depending on bridge wait time, I may decide to pull my girls out of ballet and come out earlier - I'm afraid of getting stuck and not getting across the border until after 4pm or something! And we don't need passports yet, right? Isn't that January?

Blythe, you can park on the American side for $10 all day and walk across the bridge. That's what I do and have never had any problems. Just make sure you all have quarters to pay the toll to get back into the States!

pogo
10-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Natalie?
Pogo?
We can be there anytime.

pogo
10-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Please let's try to do another meet (at Niagara Falls? :yes:) next Spring or summer. I went many, many moons ago, but I'd love to take Ben.

I'm all for another meet at the Falls next Spring or Summer. We can all go on Maid of the Mist.

I can't make this one because of work, but I am with Mary and Ellen on a Spring/summer Falls meet!

I will be in Ithaca on Saturday, but for people staying over would a lunch in Rochester on Sunday be possible?
We were thinking about a Darien Lake meet for the summer but we can include the Falls also.

Sorry Nikki, we have plans for Sunday already, but we'll get together soon, I promise. :D

Dsnygirl
10-29-2007, 11:54 PM
No passports yet. I'd make sure you have photo ID and maybe birth certificates, just in case. I know they were still rethinking the passport thing for the Buffalo/Falls area because people working across the borders.

Natalie?
Pogo?
I've never been to Table Rock, so I Googled it...and their website said they're under construction, due to re-open in the spring. :( Any other ideas?

We're still aiming for 3'ish, if it's the falls we're headed to.

Man... now you guys are saying the Falls again.

Ellen, I am so sad.... :(... I was really looking forward to seeing you again. So, we'll just HAVE to do the falls again!! :thumbsup: I'll have :marg: in your honor... :)

Blythe, you can park on the American side for $10 all day and walk across the bridge. That's what I do and have never had any problems. Just make sure you all have quarters to pay the toll to get back into the States!
Thanks for the info!! Where's the parking area?

CanadianWDWFan
10-30-2007, 08:51 AM
We could all just meet at Table Rock and then go from there. There aren't too many places to eat at the Falls. You have to get up the hill to get some good places to go.

BriarRose0708
10-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info!! Where's the parking area?

I haven't been there in a while but once you go over the Grand Island Bridge there's an exit to take that will lead you to the state park. I remember the parking lot is on the left, and you can take paths to the Falls and Goat Island, as well as Rainbow Bridge. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Natazu
10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
We could all just meet at Table Rock and then go from there. Sounds like someplace in The Flintstones.

pogo
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
We could all just meet at Table Rock and then go from there. There aren't too many places to eat at the Falls. You have to get up the hill to get some good places to go.
That is my thought exactly ! You are so smart. :thumbsup:

The reason for suggesting Table Rock was because even I can find it. After we all get there we can walk to a number of good places to eat.

Parking should not be a problem at that time of year and even if you can not park there, you can always drive a little past Table Rock to park and use the shuttle service to the falls.

Sounds like someplace in The Flintstones.

Yabadabado ! :D

Dsnygirl
10-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I wish we could, but we'll be spending the day with some friends on our way home. :( Hopefully next time!

Sounds good!!

I think I can revise our arrival time to closer to 3pm... Dan says we'd take a different route than we did from his mom's, and just come straight to the falls - so we should be earlier than I'd originally said. Yeah! :thumbsup:

Caroleh
10-31-2007, 12:01 AM
3pm Table Rock House on Nov. 10 Does that sound good to everyone?

pogo
10-31-2007, 08:11 AM

See everyone there. :D

CanadianWDWFan
10-31-2007, 08:57 AM
We'll be there!

Dsnygirl
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM
We're in - anyone want to give me a cell # just in case we get caught at the bridge (or lost :blush:) and we want to let you all know?

See you in a little over a week!! :)

CanadianWDWFan
10-31-2007, 09:51 AM
We're in - anyone want to give me a cell # just in case we get caught at the bridge (or lost :blush:) and we want to let you all know?

See you in a little over a week!! :)
Done! Check your PM's.

offwego
10-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Have a great time, everyone! Drink a :marg: or some :wine: for me. I'm sorry to hear this Ellen!

that would work for me...could someone pm me who would like to trade cell numbers?

CanadianWDWFan
10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
that would work for me...could someone pm me who would like to trade cell numbers?
I just PM'ed you.

Dsnygirl
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear this Ellen!

Sending you a PM also... :)

grego77
10-31-2007, 04:50 PM
I am a no. I will be in NYC next weekend. Have fun everyone! :mickey:

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
8 more days!! Anyone else as excited as I am?

Brian and Natalie, I'm PMing the 2 of you my cell phone #.

ElenitaB
11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Nat's twisting my arm. ;)

If we were to come, could someone pick up us at the airport and drop us back off there? The flights are more $$ than I expected and car rental might be an area I could cut back on and also I hate driving around areas I don't know.

What's the plan besides Red Rock House? I can chose a flight that arrives around 9:00 am, and I think some sightseeing is in order.

Recommendations for hotels in the area? Please advise!

Thanks!

pogo
11-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I'll pick you up, any place, any time. Look at Rochester and Buffalo for cheaper flights. I sent you a PM. :D

ElenitaB
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Well, Nat twisted my arm and Pogo sent me a very subversive e-mail, so Ben and I will be coming next week! :D I'll have to take him out of school a bit early on Friday, and you all will have to put up with whatever fatigue I'm fighting off, but I'm really looking forward to seeing/meeting you all! :dance:

Can't wait!

Caroleh
11-02-2007, 06:56 PM
It'll be great meeting you and Ben, Ellen!!!

Natazu
11-03-2007, 03:47 AM
I wish I could be there. Drink a round for me on Pogo.

Jared
11-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Since Ellen is attending, I actually could've come, but the weekend doesn't quite work for me. My parents will be up visiting Syracuse.

Have a great time, everyone!

disneydeb
11-03-2007, 09:42 AM

Ahh go ahead... drink another for me.:(

Have fun everyone!;)

Tink&Goofy
11-04-2007, 01:47 AM

Ahh go ahead... drink another for me.:(

Have fun everyone!;)

Since Pogo and Blythe (as well as others) already PROMISED to have a birthday drink for me, it could get really expensive for Pogo!! :D I really wish I could go! Have a great time everyone!

CanadianWDWFan
11-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Sorry you wont be there Jym.

Having a round on Pogo is not an issue! I'll be glad to do it for you!:D

Dsnygirl
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
8 more days!! Anyone else as excited as I am?

You bet!! Only 3 more days to get through!! :D

Can't wait to see everyone!!

Caroleh
11-06-2007, 07:04 PM
You bet!! Only 3 more days to get through!! :D

Can't wait to see everyone!!

I'm looking so forward to the trip and meeting all of you!!!! Today went so fast!!!

offwego
11-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Just printed off all my directions. Something about that makes it fun no? If my DH ends up not working will it throw anything off if he comes? I don't seem to remember us making a ressie anywhere but perhaps we have & I just don't know about it?

CanadianWDWFan
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Just printed off all my directions. Something about that makes it fun no? If my DH ends up not working will it throw anything off if he comes? I don't seem to remember us making a ressie anywhere but perhaps we have & I just don't know about it?
Nothing is firmed up. Maybe we should. All that we have right now is where we are meeting. Table Rock at three o'clock, right?

What are the numbers? Has anyone done a final count?

Belle619
11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh, I'm so mad that I'm just reading this thread now! :bang: I would have love to have met all of you!

As for the next WNY meet - you can count me in for that one!

Dsnygirl
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
This is who I know is coming -

Jenn and Brian & their two boys
Natlie and her son
Pogo and Patti
Dan and Blythe & their 2 girls
Carol & Gilles

I do believe the plan is 3pm at Table Rock, and we'll go from there as far as dinner. No ressies are made yet - as I don't know the area, I can't suggest any restaurants - do you guys think it's necessary, as we're a party of 14? Any recommendations?

And Natalie - I don't think it'd be a problem at all if your husband joined us! The more, the merrier! :)

Caroleh
11-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh, I'm so mad that I'm just reading this thread now! :bang: I would have love to have met all of you!

As for the next WNY meet - you can count me in for that one!

If your free on saturday, why don't you join us? Nothing is really set yet except the time and place we're meeting at.

This is who I know is coming -

Jenn and Brian & their two boys
Natlie and her son
Pogo and Patti
Dan and Blythe & their 2 girls
Carol & Gilles

I do believe the plan is 3pm at Table Rock, and we'll go from there as far as dinner. No ressies are made yet - as I don't know the area, I can't suggest any restaurants - do you guys think it's necessary, as we're a party of 14? Any recommendations?

And Natalie - I don't think it'd be a problem at all if your husband joined us! The more, the merrier! :)

No problem, Natalie, if he joins us. I think we said we'll try to find a place once we're their because close to the Fall there's not a lot of places to eat, but up the strip we'll find something. At this time of the year there shouldn't be a lot of tourist around. The way the forecast sounds, it could be chilly.

CanadianWDWFan
11-08-2007, 08:04 AM
It is not like this is the middle of summer. I figure that the US side will be a lot busier with all the Canadians flocking over to do their shopping.

I agree that winging it should work out.

The more folks that show the better!:thumbsup:

offwego
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
It is not like this is the middle of summer. I figure that the US side will be a lot busier with all the Canadians flocking over to do their shopping.

I agree that winging it should work out.

The more folks that show the better!:thumbsup:

I think your right Brian! I'm so looking forward to this now.

pogo
11-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I think your right Brian! I'm so looking forward to this now.NOW ........ your looking forward to it NOW??????? :mad:

Me too ! :D

Caroleh
11-08-2007, 09:47 PM
2 more sleeps!!!! I'm really excited!! I was killing some time tonight before my belly dance class and I found something that screamed Natalie to me!!

Tink&Goofy
11-08-2007, 11:09 PM
:cry:

disneydeb
11-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Have a good time everybody. Wish I could be there with you......:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

pogo
11-09-2007, 07:13 AM

Have a good time everybody. Wish I could be there with you......:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
OK.... now you two know how I felt last month.:sob:

I wish you were coming. :D

Dsnygirl
11-09-2007, 08:09 AM

Have a good time everybody. Wish I could be there with you.... :grouphug::grouphug:

I wish you were coming. :D

:ditto: :sad: :pout: ..... :sob:

disneydrmr
11-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Have a good time everyone! Wish I could be there too! :cry::sad:

BriarRose0708
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
:sadwave: Have a great time tomorrow.

See you at the next one :grouphug:

offwego
11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
NOW ........ your looking forward to it NOW??????? :mad:

Me too ! :D
Well I've been swamped at work so I haven't really had time (aside from helping Bronxtigger with shoes) to think about something else.

2 more sleeps!!!! I'm really excited!! I was killing some time tonight before my belly dance class and I found something that screamed Natalie to me!!
You found a shoe at a belly dancing class? And how weird is this that I saw a belly dance workout show on tv this morning and thought of you?

Caroleh
11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
You found a shoe at a belly dancing class? And how weird is this that I saw a belly dance workout show on tv this morning and thought of you?

:funny:It wasn't a shoe at class, it'll be something to explain on Sat.

:grouphug: I really miss all of you who can't come and join us, maybe another time. :(