PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay

4myprincesses
10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I'll try to keep it short and to the point. We are planning a 4 night trip in January. I have Wendy with Magical Journeys working on a ressie at the Poly for us. We've never stayed in a deluxe and to be honest the choices are overwhelming! Before we book for sure, we want to ask advice.

It'll be myself, my mom, and the girls (ages 1-6) going in the off season. Mom has mobility issues, so we need someplace with good transportation. She has been known on occassion to insist on taking the twins back early for a nap or join us later in the day if we get an early start. (not my preference, but how do you argue with she who buys vacation!) We first thought Poly as the monorail to MK is ideal in our minds. Would we be better off at an Epcot resort? I know there you can take boats to MGM as well as Epcot. The AK and WL both look amazing and beautiful. HELP!

Before we have always stayed at POFQ and while it is nice there and we like it, the bus system about drives us nuts with having a stroller and all.

Any and all advice is welcome.

pjbs35a
10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Without a doubt, Pick The Poly !!!

EllieMae
10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I would pick the Poly! AKL and WL are beautiful, but if it is transportation you are looking for you made the right choice! I personally love the EPCOT resorts as well but the walk to the boat is longer than the walk to the monorail and the Poly is absolutely wonderful!:tikki:

vamaggie
10-18-2007, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=4myprincesses;1450853] The AK and WL both look amazing and beautiful. HELP!
[QUOTE]

While this is true, you will lose some transportation flexibility with both these. AKL is rather remote and only accessable by bus/car. The boat from WL to MK is ok but IMHO you cannot beat the monorail for ease & quickness. I would stay at Poly, esp if you are planning on spending a good deal of your time in MK. Enjoy!

GrmGrninGost
10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
While I prefer the WL, in your situation I would choose the Polynesian. I believe it will meet your needs better than any of the others. :mickey:

4ubie1
10-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I think you made a wise choice with Poly. Both my parents have knee issues so the monorail is a godsend. The resorts are beautiful and I think you should try them but maybe when everyone in your party can get around easily. Either way..you will have a blast!! :D