PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE...just call me Christine! Day 5

Christine
10-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Need to catch up?
Day One (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118379)

Day Two (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118385)

Day Three (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118386)

Day Four (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1450582#post1450582)

Who?
-Me (Christine)
-Leeann (my dear friend and Leekien22 here on I-COT)
-Brian & Michelle (my friends from Cocoa Beach and FlPassHldrs on I-COT)

When?
Thursday Oct. 11 thru Tuesday Oct. 16

Where?
All Star Sports, Touchdown Bldg. Room 328

Why?
For I-COT's 10th Anniversary and a fun trip with friends (sans kids and husbands!)

What the...was I thinking????
I wanna be like Ian!!! And I'm not even talking about the win at Cinderella's Castle Suite... I want to change my screen name!
Here on INTERCOT, with every discussion centered on Disney World, "cantgetenuff" makes sense. Out in public at the meet, it seemed to take on more of a wild, loose, "girls gone wild" kind of tone. Geesh!! I would have rather been "wetsthebed" then have to answer to my user name by the end of the weekend!

The previous days, Leeann and I were happily ignoring Stitch's wake up calls and lolligagging to the parks. Now that it was our last full day, we decided no more rest for the weary and hit it hard! We got to the Magic Kingdom and were blown away by the crowds! I guess it goes to show there really is no "uncrowded" time at Disney anymore...I've never seen October like this before!

Michelle had to go to school today, so we had Brian with us until she got out later. So we all decided to hit the ground running and do what we could do...which wasn't much due to crowds. We rode Buzz (can I just say I ROYALLY stink at this??? A newborn infant in a sling/harness carrier two cars ahead of me beat my score! And the infant was asleep!! )

Then a nice trip on the TTA. We ended up having lunch at Casey's and doing some shopping (poor Brian!). We decided to let the rest of the rides wait til EMH tonight in hopes of lighter crowds.

Brian went back to the hotel to meet up with Michelle. Leeann and I went to our hotel to pack and Leeann wanted to rest for a bit. Her DME pickup time was 3:35 AM, and we were going to stay at EMH at MK til midnight. I got all my bags packed (defying all principles of engineering and physics) and headed back to the park to meet Brian and Michelle. Leeann soon followed. We took another spin on the TTA, then saw the hordes of masses staking out spots for Spectro and Wishes, so we decided we'd better get ours.

Spectro had some hiccups in it (the floats stopped often and Chip almost fell off the piano bench when his strap came undone) but it was beautiful. When did the intro guys quit wearing light up masks?? (see photo)

Wishes brought the obligatory tears and goosebumps as always.

Then we hit EMH. Thank goodness the crowds died down! We were able to do Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Philharmagic, Pooh, Snow White, and Teacups with little to no wait.

Since Leeann was only due for about two hours sleep, she headed in a tad early. Brian, Michelle, and I lagged behind, stopping in the Confectionary and Emporium.

Brian and Michelle headed off for their hour long drive home :(, Leeann was going to be leaving in a few hours, and I would spend Tuesday alone. My plan? Get a few hours of sleep and hit MK before opening to do as much as I could before DME picked me up at 12:35pm.

Up next: Day 6...the wheels fall off!

To see photos, click here. (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561092884LRmuEM)

offwego
10-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Great shots of Wishes!!

You really did get a lot done with everything you described. I love EMH for that at night don't you?

Thanks so much for sharing this with us..can't wait for day 6 it sounds interesting!:mickey:

ElenitaB
10-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Christine, thanks so much for your report... sounds like you had another great day. BTW, what kind of camera do you have? Great shots of Wishes!

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Sounds like another great day.

Caroleh
10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
BTW, what kind of camera do you have? Great shots of Wishes!

I was thinking about the same thing!! Thanks for sharing!!

alongfortheride
10-19-2007, 02:51 AM
Christine, thanks so much for your report... sounds like you had another great day. BTW, what kind of camera do you have? Great shots of Wishes!

Since Christine doesn't actually know what kind of camera she uses, she asked me to reply for her...:thumbsup:
She uses a Canon Powershot A540.

disneydrmr
10-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Wow! I agree about the shots of Wishes - fantastic! And HOW DARE YOU to be ignoring the precious and lovable Stitch's phone calls every morning! :D ;) I bet you hurt his feelings!

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
We rode Buzz (can I just say I ROYALLY stink at this??? A newborn infant in a sling/harness carrier two cars ahead of me beat my score! And the infant was asleep!! )

:funny: :rotfl: Christine, you had me laughing so hard... this was my new favorite ride!! Note - new favorite does NOT mean high score - but I LOVED it!! I even made Dan buy the picture of us... you should see the intense look of concentration on my face!! Pretty funny...

Glad you guys had such a full, fun day - I didn't realize you'd be going it alone on Tuesdat!! Wish I'd known... could've tried the old, "Honey, we HAVE to stay!! She'll be all my herself, otherwise!!" trick!! :blush:

HndrdPrcnt
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Christine -

Your pics are amazing of the castle with the fireworks.:thumbsup:

DizNee143
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
wow what a busy day!!! lol so i guess you really stuffed your bags?? glad you all had a great day!! :mickey:

faline
10-20-2007, 05:15 PM
We rode Buzz (can I just say I ROYALLY stink at this??? A newborn infant in a sling/harness carrier two cars ahead of me beat my score! And the infant was asleep!! )

Maybe we should ride together? We could have a contest to see which of us could possibly get the lowest score!! I'll bet the infant would still come out ahead of me!

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Don't worry Christine, you are not the only one that stinks at Buzz Lightyear. I am always bottom score no matter who I am riding with. But it is fun to try. Sounds like you made the most of your last full day. Thanks for reporting. :mickey: