PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE...just call me Christine, Day 2

Christine
10-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Need to catch up? Here's Day One (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118379)

Who?
-Me (Christine)
-Leeann (my dear friend and Leekien22 here on I-COT)
-Brian & Michelle (my friends from Cocoa Beach and FlPassHldrs on I-COT)

When?
Thursday Oct. 11 thru Tuesday Oct. 16

Where?
All Star Sports, Touchdown Bldg. Room 328

Why?
For I-COT's 10th Anniversary and a fun trip with friends (sans kids and husbands!)

What the...was I thinking????
I wanna be like Ian!!! And I'm not even talking about the win at Cinderella's Castle Suite... I want to change my screen name!
Here on INTERCOT, with every discussion centered on Disney World, "cantgetenuff" makes sense. Out in public at the meet, it seemed to take on more of a wild, loose, "girls gone wild" kind of tone. Geesh!! I would have rather been "wetsthebed" then have to answer to my user name by the end of the weekend!

Alright...day 2. We headed to Magic Kingdom for breakfast at the bakery (cream cheese danish...yummmm!) but first, I ran into Mary Poppins and Bert. I have never gotten to meet him before, so I had to stop for a photo. Then we got busy! We headed to Pirates (first stopping to watch a bit of the Pirate Tutorial show...mainly for the tutor! :tasty:) then off to Haunted Mansion. KUDOS on the updates! I loved it!

Off to Fantasyland. After a quick bite @ Pinnochio's, we took in Philharmagic (where poor Leeann was seated behind someone who could only be the Jolly Green Giant!) and then roamed around more. We soon decided we had better get to the room to dress for the party. We had an ADR for the Plaza at 4:50.

Back in the room, Leeann (dressed in hula attire) was ready in a snap. I, as Mary Poppins, was NOT practically perfect in any way! I ran my pantyhose putting them ON, my shoes were too big, my hat was squished from the suitcase, and my "mystic spray tan" I'd gotten before leaving home (because now that's summer is over I'm so white I'm BLUE!) had turned "Lindsay Lohan orange!" I began to use "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" in an entirely new light! :mad:

At any rate, we finally left the room and headed to MK. Dinner was wonderful, and it was GREAT to see Brian and Michelle (dressed as Indiana Jones and Marion) again!

We headed over to the Noodle Terrace for the meet after dinner, and were delighted to meet Hoop De Doo and Mousefever, then Gregg and Nikki, but the others were apparently detained at Liberty Tree. So we decided to "get this party started" (sorry! couldn't resist) and went to Adventureland to start riding rides and trick or treating. When what to my wonderous eyes did appear but Tarzan!! In a loin cloth!!! Like the sound of an old record player scratching across an album, I spun on my high heals and went to meet him. Did I mention he was in a loin cloth??

For some reason, the Jungle Cruise was not open, so we did PoTC, and HM, where the bride-ghost was sitting out in the yard. She yelled to me, "Why, Mary Poppins as I live and breathe! See that's funny b/c I don't breathe, I'm dead!" She was really funny!

A quick trip to Neverland, a photo by the Cinderella coach, and it was time for the IASW I-COT meet! What a boat load of characters, let me tell ya! I was fortunate to meet some more folks that I've always wanted to, including TikiG (who did something VERY special for my DD some time back...I was SO glad to hug her neck!), Ian, Emily, Michael, and Carol.

Then on to the parade and Hallowishes. Amazing...truly amazing! While waiting, I ran into my alter-ego, Nanny Mary Poppins and some chimney sweeps! Pretty cool!

Then off to trick or treat some more. By this time, my feet were beyond hurting, but I was having so much fun I didn't want to stop. We closed the park down, then headed back to the room.

Up next: Day 3 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118386)- EPCOT and the Illuminations party!!

See photos here (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561093463fEqRuY)

ElenitaB
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
I think you looked perfect in every way! And when you do make the move to Celebration, you definitely could work at WDW as a certain nanny's helper! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Great pics, it looks like everyone was having a great time.

disneydrmr
10-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey Christine - what was Tarzan wearing again? :funny:

KylesMom
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Yay, I finally figured out who the glowing Mary Poppins was that I've been seeing in other Intercotee's photos. GREAT costume, Christine!

What a total blast, as is evident by your words and pictures :mickey:. I sure hope that Day 3 doesn't bring you a bunch of blisters from the ill-fitting shoes! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to read more! :thumbsup:

Christine
10-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey Christine - what was Tarzan wearing again? :funny:

Oh, you laugh, but it bears repeating... a LOIN CLOTH!!!

when you do make the move to Celebration, you definitely could work at WDW as a certain nanny's helper! :thumbsup:

Yes, I'm sure they are in dire need of a plus sized Mary Poppins! :blush:

Yay, I finally figured out who the glowing Mary Poppins was that I've been seeing in other Intercotee's photos.

And that glow is courtesy of "Mystic Tan"! Lovely, isn't it??? :rolleyes:

Ian
10-18-2007, 03:55 PM
We headed to Pirates (first stopping to watch a bit of the Pirate Tutorial show...mainly for the tutor! :tasty:)

I began to use "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" in an entirely new light! :mad:

So we decided to "get this party started" (sorry! couldn't resist) and went to Adventureland to start riding rides and trick or treating. When what to my wonderous eyes did appear but Tarzan!! In a loin cloth!!! Like the sound of an old record player scratching across an album, I spun on my high heels and went to meet him. Did I mention he was in a loin cloth??I don't mean to say anything here, Christine, but I'm sensing a trend.

Are you SURE your username is talking about Disney??? ;)

Christine
10-18-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't mean to say anything here, Christine, but I'm sensing a trend.

Ian, I'm sure my husband could put to rest any confusion regarding my I-COT nomenclature.

He would be all to quick to point out that it really only pertains to Disney! :D

Ian
10-18-2007, 04:01 PM
He would be all to quick to point out that it really only pertains to Disney! :DHa ha ha!!

You've got a point there!

BriarRose0708
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
We headed over to the Noodle Terrace for the meet after dinner, and were delighted to meet Hoop De Doo and Mousefever, then Gregg and Nikki, but the others were apparently detained at Liberty Tree. So we decided to "get this party started" (sorry! couldn't resist) and went to Adventureland to start riding rides and trick or treating. When what to my wonderous eyes did appear but Tarzan!! In a loin cloth!!! Like the sound of an old record player scratching across an album, I spun on my high heals and went to meet him. Did I mention he was in a loin cloth??

It was great to meet you and Leeann, Christine! I remembered you were going to come dressed as Mary. When Greg and I were trying to find the Terrace Noodle Station I looked accross the lake and saw your costume and I knew that had to be the place!

For the record, I like your username!

jillluvsdisney
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
My sister will be insanely jealous of your costume. Very Nice.:thumbsup:

offwego
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Christine...what great reports you write..and your pics are so much fun!

I never really thought of your user name as anything unusual till now..you know we won't be happy if you change it now right?:mickey:

Caroleh
10-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the wardrobe malfunction, but you looked great!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 09:18 AM
What a great report!! Sounds like your day at MK started off much like ours -- wasn't Jack great outside of PoC? Totally made our (okay, my :blush:) morning!!

As far as your costume -- you looked TERRIFIC!! Don't even try to say you didn't!!

Wish we'd been w/ you for the whole Tarzan thing... now THAT would've been a costume worth seeing!! :thumbsup:

We closed the park, too, and my feet were DONE... didn't realize 'til we got back to the resort how big the blisters I'd gotten were. I'm still wearing flip flops... :(

Thanks for sharing -- it's like doing the trip all over again!! :)

HndrdPrcnt
10-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't mean to say anything here, Christine, but I'm sensing a trend.

Now that is funny!!:funny:

DizNee143
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
another great day!! you guys all look good dressed up!!! thanx for sharing!! :mickey:

faline
10-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Your costure was terrific! It was a really fun Halloween party!

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

conorsmom2000
10-22-2007, 06:56 AM
What fun, Christine!! I have to go check out the pictures - I bet you looked awesome! :thumbsup: :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
You were just so cute in your Mary Poppins outfit that night. It was like you just stepped out of your avatar! What a great day - meeting Mary Poppins twice, and then Tarzan in a loin cloth, and then all the meet stuff!! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing, Christine. :mickey:

Noah's Helper
10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
I love MNSSHP, and I'm sure it was a blast to do the party with other INTERCOTees. I'm sorry I had to miss it.

Your costume looks great. I like the picture of you with the "other" Mary and the chimney sweeps. I wish I had had the guts to ask other guests to pose for photos -- we saw a guy dressed as Syndrome when our family was the Incredibles!

Funny, but what I remember about meeting Tarzan was that he was so good at talking with our son. :confused: ;)