PDA

View Full Version : Passport Questions

DVC2004
10-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I haven't had a passport since I was a kid. So I am thinking we all had better get one with all the new restrictions (before we used our birth certificates). What's the turnaround time right now between application to actually getting it? How long for the expidited process? Thanks.

diz_girl
10-18-2007, 03:13 PM
The wait will be a while, even for the expedited process. Because of the new rules, a huge number of people submitted their applications. Even the people who paid for the expedited process were waiting months. The State department still has a backlog. If you aren't going anywhere in the next 6 months, don't bother paying for the expedited service. The only place that I know that you can get it really quick is in NYC. You can get it there in 24 hours.

Anyway, you can get your photos taken at AAA (as long as you are a member) and many post offices take the applications. You just have to find which offices near you take them. And everyone needs them, even newborns.

Good luck.

RockinRobin
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
We just got our passports and it took less then 3 weeks. I think they finally got caught up. we thought there would be a long wait but not so.

DizNee143
10-18-2007, 03:47 PM
i was going to ask a passport question too...i have one from like a 6 years ago if not a bit more...can i get it renewed since i look nothing like i do now in the pic..i was like 16 or something..well i get question? i really gotta go to my parents and find my passport and really see when i got it done...how long are they good for??
i know they are taking a while for getting them back..my fiance is doing it now just to be safe so he has it for our honeymoon in sept!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-20-2007, 12:42 AM
They are good for 10 years. I wouldn't bother renewing it until I have to if I were you. The cost alone would stop me. Wait until it's expiring to renew.