PDA

View Full Version : Adventures By Disney-Anyone Here Done One?

DVC2004
10-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Just looking to get any feedback on ABD. It's been something I have wanted to do for a few years now and I think I am finally going to try it in 2008. Having a hard time deciding- which one, to take the kids or not.

Looking at the Emerald Isle, the new France trip, the Rome/Pompeii/Capri, California Coast (also new this year) or lastly the Spirit of America.

Think we'd only take the kids if we did Spirit of America or California. Otherwise this will probably be just the two of us. I've never done a group tour before but especially like the idea of it for travelling abroad. Any thoughts, advice, experiences (good or bad) welcome!

Beast_fanatic
10-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Information is still rathy sketchy on these trips. Here's a recent post regarding Adventures by Disney (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115805)that might help a bit...

SallyP
10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
We haven't done one yet but we have booked one! :number1: Viva Italia 2008.:woohoo:

Magical Journeys (Debbie K) is our booking agency and everything was handled smoothly and efficiently, of course. :thumbsup:

I will say that the early booking pricing, of which there is only a small percentage for each tour, go very quickly. Only about 40 people per tour total so the tours can book fast depending on the time frame you are looking to travel.

If you are really serious about it and have a very specific date you can travel, my suggestion is not to wait to long to put your money down - $300 per person.

I've decided to handle our airline tickets but ABD can book those for you.
We are going over to Rome 1 day prior to the tour start date so we can acclimate ourselves to the time change. We are staying at the same hotel as the tour package and made the pre-trip reservation with ABD. Since we booked via ABD at the same hotel they will handle the airport transfer at no extra charge. That way we don't have to worry about getting to the hotel from the airport. I have flown to London before but the language was no issue. This time DH is traveling with me and he doesn't like to leave anything to chance.

I'll Private Message you with another Disney board that has a forum dedicated to discussing the different packages and procedures of ABD.
There have been great experiences in Italy mentioned and not so great ones in the Imperial Cities tour. I haven't read the threads about the US tours or the Ireland tours but there are some there.
There has been discussion about using DVC points too.

I try to keep it out of my mind since it is sooo far in the future but I'm still terribly happy and excited about it! :fworks:

Ciao!

murphy1
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi Diane!! How are you??! It's funny you mentioned ABD, b/c I just got their fabulous catalog and DVD through the mail. It is awesome!! We are thinking of going to Ireland next year, not ABD, but the book is fun to see the trips and itineraries they do. The neat part is the guides that take you to really great places that you might not venture off to. I would love to do something like this for Italy, they have three different Italy packages.

DVC2004
10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:
Hi Shari! We must be on the same wavelength with ABD. I got the book, too, and the trips just look amazing.

Sally, I can't wait to hear about your trip. Please post your report if you can and have a great time!

kdkhopper
10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=SallyP;1453280]I'll Private Message you with another Disney board that has a forum dedicated to discussing the different packages and procedures of ABD.
QUOTE]

Could I get that same info? :thanks: