PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE...just call me Christine!

Christine
10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Who?
-Me (Christine)
-Leeann (my dear friend and Leekien22 here on I-COT)
-Brian & Michelle (my friends from Cocoa Beach and FlPassHldrs on I-COT)

When?
Thursday Oct. 11 thru Tuesday Oct. 16

Where?
All Star Sports, Touchdown Bldg. Room 328

Why?
For I-COT's 10th Anniversary and a fun trip with friends (sans kids and husbands!)

What the...was I thinking????
I wanna be like Ian!!! And I'm not even talking about the win at Cinderella's Castle Suite... I want to change my screen name!
Here on INTERCOT, with every discussion centered on Disney World, "cantgetenuff" makes sense. Out in public at the meet, it seemed to take on more of a wild, loose, "girls gone wild" kind of tone. :shake: Geesh!! I would have rather been "wetsthebed" then have to answer to my user name by the end of the weekend!

Oh well...let's begin, shall we?

Wednesday the 10th, Leeann and I drove to Dallas to spend the night for our early Thursday flight. Could we help it that there's a Pottery Barn Kids, Williams Sonoma, and IKEA on the way to that hotel? NO!

Thursday morning, off to DFW with a smooth check in, uneventful flight, and quick DME to Sports. While waiting in line to check in, Leeann says, "Oh, look at that lady's backpack. It says INTEROT". I get a closer look and say, "Blythe?" Sure enough, it's Dsnygrl and her hubby Dan! How cool! Not on property 5 minutes and I already met an I-COTee!

Our room is ready, so we go WAY back to the hoops bldg, put the key in the door, open it, and find the room is occupied! Go BACK to the front desk, and are given a closer preferred room in Touchdown to make up for the mix up :thumbsup:.

We unpack, hit the bus to AK, have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ (why did they stop serving corn on the cob??), see Tough to be a Bug, then realize we've done all we care to do at AK :blush: (sorry, we're not big fans!)

We get on a bus to the CR, and complete a tour of the monorail resorts, followed by a tour of the Epcot resorts.

On to DTD to :shop: at WoD. Who do I see inside but dlpmikki and her hubby, along with Jeanne! Met up with them later at Ghiradelli's for a "Just Questions" thread meet (did ANYONE have ice cream?) which was really nice! I got a huge kick out of everyone's accents!

Had dinner at Earl of Sandwich where we watched a terrifying fight ensue...no gang activity, it was a father and son! Some passers-by had to literally tackle the dad to get him off the boy. Police came quickly and all was quiet again. One last SWEEP through DTD then back to the resort for some rest.

Up next: Day 2 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118385), Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP!!

See pictures here (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561088084xSWxui?vhost=good-times)

offwego
10-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Christine (see I paid attention)...thanks so much for the report (and the pictures).

Sounds like your having a great time.:mickey:

Mousefever
10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
I wanna be like Ian!!! And I'm not even talking about the win at Cinderella's Castle Suite... I want to change my screen name!
Here on INTERCOT, with every discussion centered on Disney World, "cantgetenuff" makes sense. Out in public at the meet, it seemed to take on more of a wild, loose, "girls gone wild" kind of tone. :shake: Geesh!! I would have rather been "wetsthebed" then have to answer to my user name by the end of the weekend!

I was totally laughing my head off at this! I hadn't even thought about other connotations of your screen name. Believe me, if I called you cantgetenuff, I was saying it with a correct frame of mind! But I can definitely see your point. It will be Christine from now on!!! I enjoyed meeting you and your friends, by the way.
Amy

:dory:

disneydeb
10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Christine,
I enjoyed meeting you. I think your screen name has spunk and personality!;)

KylesMom
10-18-2007, 02:16 PM
You had me cracking up as well regarding your screen name. :D

You're off to a great start - how cool to be "bumping into" other Intercotees before the meet even began! I'm sure you could have done without the fight, though.

Can't wait to read more, Christine ! :mickey:

ElenitaB
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
I still can't get over that you met Blythe almost as soon as you got on property.

I was so thrilled to meet you and just wish we had more time to hang out! On to reading what you and Leeann were up to on Friday.

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 03:20 PM
lol :mickey: great report, thanks for sharing.

disneydrmr
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
:D Too funny about your name! You could've had everyone call you by your "B Babe name" - um, which escapes me at the moment... That's cool that you ran into Blythe and Dan so soon on landing! Off to read the other reports!

Ian
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Here on INTERCOT, with every discussion centered on Disney World, "cantgetenuff" makes sense. Out in public at the meet, it seemed to take on more of a wild, loose, "girls gone wild" kind of tone. :shake: Geesh!! I would have rather been "wetsthebed" then have to answer to my user name by the end of the weekend! Okay ... a few comments here ...

First of all, I'm quite certain that's the first time on INTERCOT anyone has written the words, "I wanna be like Ian." I thank you for that! ;)

Secondly, I believe I have to take some of the blame for Christine's issue with her username. When she introduced herself outside Small World that time as, "cantgetenuff" I almost choked on my Diet Coke.

Yes ... I went there ... I'm a guy. What can I say?? :blush:

Lastly, Christine, you had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD at work with that paragraph. Now people here think I'm more crazy now than ever! :(

Christine
10-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I believe I have to take some of the blame for Christine's issue with her username. When she introduced herself outside Small World that time as, "cantgetenuff" I almost choked on my Diet Coke.

Yes ... I went there ... I'm a guy. What can I say?? :blush:

So if you're accepting some of the responsibility, will you help me change my name? Do I need a staff member to do that? But before you get any ideas, "wetsthebed" is not what I want it changed to! :D

pjbs35a
10-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Ok "Christy", here goes,

1. Glad I got to meet you at the VIP Mickey Meet and Greet.

2. Wish we had had more time to talk about being from the South (It was Longview wasn't it ???).

3. Think twice about being like Ian. Not enough time or space to give you the entire history.

4. Thanks for the Trip Reports and Photos.

Peace Out~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Christine
10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Ok "Christy", here goes,

1. Glad I got to meet you at the VIP Mickey Meet and Greet.

2. Wish we had had more time to talk about being from the South (It was Longview wasn't it ???).

3. Think twice about being like Ian. Not enough time or space to give you the entire history.

4. Thanks for the Trip Reports and Photos.

Peace Out~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

1. The pleasure was all mine!
2. Yes, it is Longview! I'm only an hour from Shreveport/Bossier
3. He can't be ALL bad, can he? He's got a lovely family, won a trip in the castle, and has the privelage of being your friend!
4. Your welcome!

Ian
10-18-2007, 09:08 PM
So if you're accepting some of the responsibility, will you help me change my name? Do I need a staff member to do that? But before you get any ideas, "wetsthebed" is not what I want it changed to! :DWhat would you like it changed to?

We can make it happen ... it's all magic, you know!

Christine
10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
What would you like it changed to?

We can make it happen ... it's all magic, you know!

Gotta love magic...that'd be GREAT! Just Christine will suffice (unless the "Hammer" Christine is changing or has changed hers to that.)

Thanks Ian!!! You are a good guy...I don't care what Frankie says! ;)

Caroleh
10-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for sharing Christine!!! Sounds like a great time!!

dlpmikki
10-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Gotta love magic...that'd be GREAT! Just Christine will suffice (unless the "Hammer" Christine is changing or has changed hers to that.)

So 'Just Christine' will be posting in just questions? :D

pjbs35a
10-18-2007, 09:25 PM
1. The pleasure was all mine!
2. Yes, it is Longview! I'm only an hour from Shreveport/Bossier
3. He can't be ALL bad, can he? He's got a lovely family, won a trip in the castle, and has the privilege of being your friend!
4. Your welcome!

2. I will up in Start, Louisiana (home to me and Tim McGraw) next week to visit my folks. Need anything from South Louisiana ???

3. Well, he is my friend. So I gues you can kinda be like him.

What would you like it changed to?

I am working on a few suggestions. I'll get back to you later.

I speak only the truth......most of the time, unless I am on a :spy: trek.

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
:mickey: Christine, I think meeting you as we were checking in was one of the highlights of our trip!! I couldn't believe the timing... and it sure helped Dan out, as he could immediately see that my Intercot friends were as totally normal as we are. (????????? :D)
I can't believe you want to change your name... of course, I can't blame you, based on the reactions you got (Ian!!!! :secret:) but I still love it... it just won't be the same seeing something different on the boards!! :(

Glad the rest of your first day went so well.... and about those "accents" we all have.... ;)

Christine
10-19-2007, 09:12 AM
So 'Just Christine' will be posting in just questions? :D
Don't encourage them, Mikki! :)

...and about those "accents" we all have.... ;)

It's okay...they didn't bother me! :D ;)

HndrdPrcnt
10-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Sounds a great first day. The Just Questions meet had to be a blast. A GREAT group of people there. I have only been so lucky to meet Brian in person, but I have written to quite a few of you at one point or another. All of you have been such wonderful support over the last year or so!! Thanks again for that!!:thumbsup:

DizNee143
10-19-2007, 09:55 AM
sounds like a great day...sounds like you got right to the fun!! and the shopping!! cant go to disney without doing some shopping!!! :mickey:

Stan
10-19-2007, 09:57 AM
What I want to know is, is "wetsthebed" taken? :D

big blue and hairy
10-19-2007, 10:11 AM

Obviously, I feel your pain....:blush:

:sulley:

Ian
10-19-2007, 10:21 AM

:sulley::rotfl: !!!!

I never thought of it that way until you said it.

faline
10-20-2007, 04:57 PM
With all the discussion about your screen name, I almost forgot what you had posted in your trip report!

Your day had some bumps in it but it mostly seemed like fun!

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

conorsmom2000
10-22-2007, 06:52 AM

Christine, I was cracking up reading this!! Too funny!! :D

:funny::funny:

I'm feeling better about my user name now, considering pretty much anyone under the age of 9 calls me Conor's Mom anyway....!

Sounds like a great start - how cool you met Blythe within minutes!

Off to read the rest...

Christine
10-22-2007, 06:09 PM

That is hysterical! :funny:

big blue and hairy
10-23-2007, 09:27 AM
It's been suggested several times here that we all wear Intercot t-shirts to the parks with our screen name on them. My answer is always uuuuuuuh.......no....I think WDW Security might start asking me questions.....

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Christine, your trip reports are just as sweet and engaging as you are. I am very glad your trip started off so well. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Christine
10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Christine, your trip reports are just as sweet and engaging as you are. I am very glad your trip started off so well. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Awww, Donna, that is probably one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me! It was so nice to meet you (even though it was only briefly).
I can't wait until the next meet!

Noah's Helper
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
This whole thread is hilarious! :haha: :funny: :rotfl:

Christine, thanks for sharing and allowing us to laugh. :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
10-27-2007, 03:28 PM
You'd better hope you don't wake up one morning and find that some mischevious staff member has changed your screen name to... well, you know.

Wetsthebed sounds somewhat like what one of the Knights of the Round table would be named in Spamalot!