PDA

View Full Version : choose a new ride...

foolishmortal83
10-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Here's an interesting topic..that i'm SURE has been discussed before...but im bored at work..so here we go! (grin)

If you could choose a brand new ride (movie based) for one of the disney parks, what would it be? And which park would you choose?

Goofyjrzgrl
10-18-2007, 11:19 AM
It isn't a movie... but when I was a kid, I always wants a GUMMI BEARS ride in magic kingdom. When there were rumors that Mr Toad was leaving, I thought it would be perfect to go there (Although I DO LOVE Pooh there now) and I even drew up plans to send to Disney to make the ride... I thought they would make me an Imaginear for sure!!
It was full of quick tunnels and interactive gummi beary juice for guests to use when the dangerous part of the ride came when Duke was trying to catch you! haha I still sometimes wish that ride was there! But I guess I can still dream!

AbeeNormal
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
I think a ride based on the Emporer's New Groove would be really fun.......:mickey:

Maybe a Roller Coaster just like when Eesma sp? & Kronk go to the lab or a water ride that mimics the fall Kusko & Pacha took on the log over the falls. Something along those lines. :D

Great topic :thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
10-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I remember a similar thread, and for that I'm sticking with the same thing I said back then, the Little Mermaid ride they have on the new DVD version. It seems they had all the plans laid out and ready to go, but never went through with it. Obviously, I'd have to say in MK in Fantasyland.

#1donaldfan
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
MGM.....The Incredibles......make it a very action filled roller coaster type !!!!:thumbsup:

Goofeygal
10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I would put this one at The Disney Studios, it would be a roller coaster designed around Aladdins magic carpet.

JuicyMoose17
10-18-2007, 12:43 PM
My ride would be a hanging rollercoaster at MGM that immitates the swinging closet doors in Monsters Inc.

DNS
10-18-2007, 01:12 PM
The Jungle Book at Animal Kingdom. Not a show, but a ride.

darthmacho
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
How about HIgh School Musical 2: The Super Sound Experience. It can take the place of Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous at Disney Studios Florida, or whatever they are calling it these days. :thedolls: Lol

Goofy Pluto
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Rides for The Incredibles, Cars, Monsters Inc, The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast would be great and I'd love any of them. But my ALL TIME dream is a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction. I don't care what park, but just build it! :jack:

Imagineer1981
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I think a ride based on the Emporer's New Groove would be really fun.......:mickey:

Maybe a Roller Coaster just like when Eesma sp? & Kronk go to the lab or a water ride that mimics the fall Kusko & Pacha took on the log over the falls. Something along those lines. :D

Great topic :thumbsup:

I have a complete idea for that, it was my senior thesis in college!!! I am trying to use it to become an Imagineer

century3
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I’ve always wanted to see an attraction or ride based on the movie Tron. The virtual world of Tron could lend itself to a number of attraction types and I find the style of the virtual world of Tron to be quite interesting. It could be updated to the modern world, of course, since it did come out in the early 80’s, but the concepts and visual style could still be basically the same. I can imagine something at Epcot dealing with computers and computer technology. Information about how computers actually work could be interspersed throughout a pavilion featuring thrill rides based on aspects from the move (such as the light cycles), walk throughs of the virtual world or simulations (or a mix of all).:geek:

As for a more traditional Disney movie, I’d say the Sword in the Stone would make a nice attraction. This has always been one of my favorites. Maybe a ride through the story or along side Merlin would be nice. Dragons and wizards and squirrels, oh my!:magic:

septembergirl
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I second the Jungle Book.
And I think a Bug's Life ride would be pretty cool - inside an ant hill? How cool would that be?

cal5755
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM
I say Disney should add all of the above!! Those are some great ideas for rides.

DD 8 says Mulan- a horse type cart with 3d effects as you go through depicting the war and a dip at the end like when they go through the snow.

DS 12 says Brother Bear - In fantasyland, kind of like snow white but with moving bears and the smell of fire and a night scene with stars.

DD 4 says Monsters Inc - We can sit on the doors and go wheeeeeeee like the goofy rollercoaster.

Me, I will leave the imagining up to everyonelse... I will just enjoy the end product :mickey:

AbeeNormal
10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I have a complete idea for that, it was my senior thesis in college!!! I am trying to use it to become an Imagineer

Here's to our Newest Imagineer :joy:

What an amazing job that would be. :thumbsup:

Good Luck.....Good Luck.... Good Luck:high5:

You sure would make a dream come true for me and give "The Emporer's New Groove" & yourself some deserved recognition.:)

DisneyTwirler13!
10-18-2007, 04:39 PM
i think that there should be a ride for all of the princesses inside the cinderella castle! that would be perfect for younger girls, or women who are girls at heart

FLPasHldrs
10-18-2007, 11:01 PM
I think a ride based on Herbie the Love Bug and his many adventures. Riding on two wheels, spinning in circles, etc. Of course it would be at MGM.

Mickey91
10-19-2007, 12:10 AM
I think a coaster based on Yzma's secret lab would be cool. It could be at MK or MGM. (as long as another ride wasn't removed):mickey:

GenieOfPA
10-20-2007, 12:23 AM
i think a great ride would be a ride based on the movie indiana jones and the temple of doom! it would be so much fun to have a ride that simulated the mine shaft chase! it could be like a crazy mouse ride (like primeval whirl with really sharp turns and drops) but in the dark! that would be awesome! you wouldn't know what was coming! and they could have the bad guys chasing you in another mine cart and have indy save the day in the end! :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
10-20-2007, 07:56 AM
I second the Jungle Book.
And I think a Bug's Life ride would be pretty cool - inside an ant hill? How cool would that be?

You'd like DCA then, they have A Bug's Land. Very imaginative rides for the little ones.

But I'd love something based on the Incredibles, although I'd actually want to be piloting the big round baddie -- oh what was that called? Started with an O.... O darn. You get inside and try to kill Mr Incredible and other Supers, of course you lose, but it would be fun to try.

AdventurerKim
10-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I wnat an Incredibles ride or movie or something! I just love them! A ride would be cool if you got to save the world from an evil villian like in Buzz Lightyear or a 3D movie with them. :mickey: The ride or movie would be in MK or MGM.

sheepishlambert
10-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I would like another ride in Fantasyland similar
to Storybook Canal ride in Disneyland except this one would be sort of a meet and greet with
real characters like Ariel, Pinocchio, Aladdin,
Robin Hood, Peter Pan etc. around each bend.
Each character would have a realistic set from the movie. The older classic characters are my favortites. The boats would go by each characters scene and you could get a real up close and personal view of each one. You can't beat a ride in a boat!
:cloud9:

LudwigVonDrake
10-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Two ideas for Animal Kingdom:

A dark ride based on Bambi...and...
some sort of humorous history of animals or mythical animals featuring Professor Ludwig Von Drake :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Here's an interesting topic..that i'm SURE has been discussed before...but im bored at work..so here we go! (grin)

If you could choose a brand new ride (movie based) for one of the disney parks, what would it be? And which park would you choose?:mickey:I"ve always wondered why there is no ride or attraction for Sleeping Beauty...Also, although there is Cinderella's Castle there's no ride, I can see it now you would ride through in your magical pumpkin, going through all the antics with your stepmother and stepsisters....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-25-2007, 07:32 PM
For those of you looking for a new ride, DCA is opening a new ride based on the Little Mermaid. From what I've seen, it's a ride similiar to Snow White.

If it was up to me, there would never be another Pixar ride built ever again. Why? Because of this thing I like to call overkill. Serious overkill to be exact. Yes, Pixar makes great movies and yes, I watch them all the time. They are some of my favorites. However, let's recap, shall we?

Nemo Musical
Turtle Talk with Crush
The Seas with Nemo
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger
Toy Story Mania
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
Tough to be a Bug

I think there is more creative areas they can explore if they really wanted. More shows, for example. Personally, one of my favorites has been the Nightmare Before Christmas Stage Show I've been developing.

I agree about the lab coaster/flume ride for Yzma. I'd also like to see a very well made ride based on Roger Rabbit - something that would make Mr. Toad proud.

AbeeNormal
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
i think a great ride would be a ride based on the movie indiana jones and the temple of doom! it would be so much fun to have a ride that simulated the mine shaft chase! it could be like a crazy mouse ride (like primeval whirl with really sharp turns and drops) but in the dark! that would be awesome! you wouldn't know what was coming! and they could have the bad guys chasing you in another mine cart and have indy save the day in the end! :thumbsup:

You've got to go to Disneyland - The exact ride you are speaking about is there. It's like the Dinosaur ride at AK, it's amazing and some say the queue (sp?) is better than the ride. :thumbsup:

gerald72
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
How about a jungle-themed ride that combines scenes from Jungle Book, Lion King, and Tarzan?
Or a water-themed ride that combines scenes from Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, and Atlantis?

Toy Story and Nemo are everywhere, but Pixar's the Incredibles and Cars need to be featured more predominantly somewhere.

EPCOT84
10-25-2007, 10:55 PM
A ride with something new, not based on any movie. I want something original. Remember Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World and lots of classic rides were all original concepts, not based on movies. That's why I like Epcot.

Modern day Disney is a tad too dependent on theming to the movies and recent characters. Yes, I know its easier, but bring back originality! Surprise us !:geek::drive::figment:

WDWGuru77
10-26-2007, 01:33 AM
I actually would like to see some sort of attraction based off of one of the newest movies out there...Meet The Robinsons. You could easily come up with some sort of rollercoaster ride with the cars looking like the time machine that was used and have it where you're going through the futuristic city with people in giant bubbles.:thumbsup:

Twinkletoes77705
10-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Not sure if they could do it...but when I watch Willy Wonka...I always thought how awesome it would be to do a boat ride like they do and also go through the factory. Every time I watch it I think that would be awesome!!!

wedway76
10-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I think Disney should build a ride with similar technology as Spiderman in that other Orlando park. That is an amazing ride. I’m not sure of what theme they should use but it should be something that is owned by Disney and something classic.

Marker
10-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I can think of lots of ideas....

one that I've had in my mind ever since the moment I saw the movie, is a roller coaster "type" ride based on the flying doors from Monster's Inc (ok, they aren't really flying, they're on conveyors, but it's like their flying). When I first watched that scene I thought about how cool it would be as a theme for a ride.

There is also a similar type scene from Toy Story 2 with luggage.

Also, Flying Carpets could have been used in a much more imaginative way than the "The Magic Carpets of Aladdin ". Imagine something like Soarin', but with flying carpets. Or an indoor, dark, roller coaster type ride. In either example, the carpets could be flying over the desert, through the streets, into the palace.

I have more ideas, but don't want to make this too long.

of course, I've always believed that, although I know it would cause an uproar, The Great Movie Ride could be made to highlight only Disney owned movies, and still be just as classic, and just as wonderful. No, you wouldn't have Casablanca, or Singing In The Rain, but between Disney, Buena Vista, Touchstone, etc..., you could still put together a pretty amazing collection of films.

JohnHMCWYG
10-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I would like to see a new film in the Sounds Dangerous building. It wouldn't be based around any particular Disney film, but instead feature cast members from these titles in a setting that needs a lot of sound work.

I'm thinking this short film could feature Johnny Depp, Amy Adams, Robin Williams and Bette Midler in a tip of the hat to the 80s, when Disney's Touchstone division gave their career shots in the arms, and Jerry Bruckheimer talking about how he needs sound work for this movie.

That way, Disney appeals to kids, 20somethings and Generation Xers/Baby Boomers all in one shot.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

4ubie1
10-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Even though this was not as popular a movie, I think an underwater ride where you help your crew find Atlantis would be great. They would not have to do all the ride in an underwater tank. They could use technology to make it seem like you are underwater. Have people get into these mini subs like before only facing forward (maybe have someone be the driver, navigator, etc...) and your mission is to help find Atlantis...imagine all the stuff you could do and even have a nod to the old 20k Leagues Under the Sea.:D There are several options on where you could put the attraction...I kindof thought a certain place in MK ;)

EJS-Houston
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM
My ride would be a hanging rollercoaster at MGM that immitates the swinging closet doors in Monsters Inc.

What a brilliant idea!