PDA

View Full Version : 09/29 Epcot Food & Wine and shoes

offwego
10-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Brown slides with orange crystals & also the mickey shoes!

Plan hit Epcot for the guys mission space etc and also at night for the food & wine festival!

We did head over to MK first to do a few do over such as buzz and one last peter pan etc. (had a very odd moment with a women who was asking me quite seriously if there was anyting to do in this theme park that was awfuly weird as it seemed as if she had no clue what might be there).

and then headed over by Monorail to Epcot. We grabbed fastpasses for test track, then all did Mission space (the chicken version) then did test track headed over to grab fastpasses for soarin and did our land vist (by the way the automated version is really kinda bland) and then got some lunch. I have to admit the desserts were fantastic but the mains were kinda eh..DS & I both had the asian stir fry options and they were very salty and just not that great (way to much sauce) however DH's chicken and mashed potatoes were very good! This brought us to our fastpass window which was great! (as an aside I had a nagging cough that was bugging me and was kind of slowing us down a little so you may see less frentic energy going forward)

After this we did JIYI (and since it was now raining this seemed a good idea), it let up a little and we headed to Canada for the new movie (which was great!), more rain after which meant we ducked into france for their movie (not as good but dry!) (we also sampled the lamb slider and a new zealand wine and the kiwi custard roll yummy! and the quiche from France, a glass of champagne from france & DS went and got a crepe)

After france we saw my mom and step dad and they wanted to go to Canada so they went their way and we continued ours..toward USA and more rain..so we saw the American Adventure (but not the Voices of Liberty I'm afraid). We also sampled the lobster rolls again yum & wandered over for babottie and the chicken skewers (DH also grabbed a beer from somewhere here and we had a glass of the southafrican wines each). After this we explored some of the china market, the other exhibits in Germany etc. We also continued to pick up other snacks from India (a bit of a confusion here with our snack plan as she charged it to the room and then told me that didn't matter..since I had snack credits to use and it was our last day it kinda did matter but the manager couldn't undue it but did give us an additonal order free and apologized for the training cm telling me that the mistake shouldn't matter to me ironically we did end up with two unused snack credits at our departure). We also tried of course for DH a guiness, the mexican offerings & I'm pretty sure we grabbed some dessert from one of them as well. At this point I was really tired from my cough and we found my parents and had a good spot for Illuminations near Norway.

The odd thing was that my mom and step dad watched them with a different family a few feet away instead of us because the little girl was scared of fireworks...ok then..

We were next to a lovely family from North Carolina with three young kids and they were expecting their fourth..they were at all star movies and had thought of PORS but apparently their travel agent talked them out of it..however they were still having a great time!

After a great Illuminations we left with my parents and again Disney (I think) did a great job with the buses. The line was huge don't get me wrong but 6 buses in 15 minutes was sure moving it along. (still standing room only but that is a lot of people!) My parents didn't really enjoy the whole crowded bus thing and are thinking of switching to AKL next time for just this reason.

A bunch of packing (some of which we had done the in the morning) a quick swim and bed was the remainder of our plans.

Travel day and final thoughts up next

disneydrmr
10-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Sorry your cough had you down, but seems you still managed quite a full day and quite a bit of food it sounds! Wow!

Caroleh
10-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks again for the reports!! I think your food reports are really pushing me toward going to the F & W next year!!

Bethis26fan
10-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Sounds like a great way to end you trip.

faline
10-20-2007, 04:27 PM
At least, not feeling well didn't catch up with you until the end of your trip.

At busy times, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge won't prevent crowded buses! We stayed there last week and there was more than one occasion when we needed to stand on very packed buses!

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Sorry about your cough... you didn't happen to leave it there for Mikki to find, did you?

Funny about the woman at MK who didn't know what was there. Don't you wonder about people sometimes? :confused:

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: