PDA

View Full Version : TikiG's Intercot Weekend Part 4/Final Thoughts

TikiGoddess
10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Monday: Departure Day

Ah, I really should be downstairs running on the treadmill but I really want to finish this trip report! At least I can escape reality for a little longer, thinking back and remembering the weekend…

So Monday was D-Day. Amy and Jacob left early (8am) and I managed to shower, pack, and such by 9:30ish. I then dropped off my bag at the luggage assistance counter so I could go to DTD for the morning. I hit all the shops (especially the toy store where toys were bought for the two little girls at home). I even wandered over to the West Side and had lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s café (Big Kahuna Roll… yum). I basically had the place to myself as it was 11:30, so I found a table outside and sat for about an hour, writing down all my adventures from the past couple of days. I always write trip reports for myself – love sitting down and rereading them on those ‘I miss Disney’ days!!

I walked back through Pleasure Island to the Marketplace, passing the future site of the T-Rex restaurant (my daughter is gonna LOVE that one!). I finally talked myself into buying a great long sleeve tshirt (black with mickey and a rhinestone crest) and then it was off to Pop Century to mail a few postcards and catch the ME bus to the airport.

Yes, I DID spend some time in the Disney stores at the airport – even bought a couple of things! You’d think I would have gotten it out of my system… hey, what else are you going to do at the airport? I did grab a couple slices of pizza before my 5:30 flight. We ended up leaving about 20 min late as there were 3 people running late because of a connecting flight. No bother to me, I sat and read a book the entire flight. Parents of young children, think of it. Three whole hours to read a book. Priceless.

And now, I’m home. My DH missed me somethin’ fierce but he seemed to do well with the girls all weekend, which I’m not too surprised about. He’s the best with the kids and they weren’t even all that upset when they found out I was at Disney. I think the video games and books that I brought back helped to soften the blow, gotta love bribery. :D

Final Thoughts:

INTERCOTees are AWESOME. This was the best part of the trip – meeting everyone and sharing in the Disney experience with other fellow Disney nuts. Everyone was wonderful to talk to!! I have to send kudos to my roommates, Amy and Jacob, for letting me share a room with them and for putting up with my humor all weekend. :) And of course, many thanks to the mods and sponsors for a great event. When’s the next one? :D

A TRIP OF FIRSTS:

First time on Everest (twice, for that matter)
First viewing of Nemo: the Musical
First time with Crush at Turtle Talk (“Once I had a rocket but it broke…”)
First MNSSHP and viewing of Hallowishes
First Food and Wine Festival
First viewing of Monsters Inc (might be the last)
First Grand Floridian Tea (definitely not the last time)

Thanks all, for some great memories that I will be thinking about for a long time. May there be many meets in our future!!
Kathy

ElenitaB
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I know... when is the next one?

I think that rocket is going to become part of INTERCOT lore! :rotfl:

I'm so glad you came and we were able to spend more time with you. So are you up for the next NYC meet? How about we go for tea after visiting the WoD store?

Kathy, thanks for reporting!

Mousefever
10-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Your sense of humor was one of the things that made the weekend so enjoyable. There was no "putting up" involved!

Amy

Dsnygirl
10-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Kathy, thanks for the reports... we really enjoyed meeting you, and hanging out w/ someone in a Red Sox costume!! :thumbsup: It sure was fun, wasn't it? Most of your "firsts" were firsts for us too... gotta love it when you can still find things you've never done each time.
Looking forward definitely to meeting up with you again -- hopefully sooner rather than later!! :D

DizNee143
10-18-2007, 10:43 AM
sounds like you were able to relax a little on your last day and just take everything in...thanx so much for sharing your trip...im glad everyone who couldnt make it to the meet gets to read everyones reports now...now we can feel like we didnt miss too much!!! :mickey:

MissStyles
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Tiki/Kathy…thanks so much for your detailed reports! I know what you mean about writing down your trips on those days when you really need a Disney fix. It was definitely lovely meeting you. Keep up with adding those quarter miles in and I have a feeling we’ll be seeing each other at the 2009 half marathon/marathon. You are capable of more than your mind thinks!:number1: That little boy at Turtle Talk was too cute. I’ll always remember him and his rocket. Maybe we can do tea the next time you’re down here. I’m convinced I have to try it. Thanks again and have a “Disney” day! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing it.

dolphinmickey9170
10-18-2007, 11:14 PM
It sure sounds like a heck of a last day....just my kind! So, yeah, when is the next meet I wonder? Please don't tell me they will wait until the 15th......I don't think I could stand it.

faline
10-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Your last day sounds pretty relaxed!

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks for all the great reports! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Kathy, I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself so much. It was nice that you and Amy and Jacob hit it off so well. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading through your reports. You did a great job of getting a lot of the best "stuff" down in words. :thumbsup: