PDA

View Full Version : sept 28th typhoon lagoon, MNSSHP and shoes

offwego
10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
For the waterpark it will be flip flops folks!

Plan is to hit Typhoon lagoon and then the party that night with and ADR at Tony's.

The plan was for my Mom & Step dad to come with us to the waterpark and we are all going to the party together.

We call them in the AM as per the plan but they are not ready..we say where we will leave our "stuff" including a description of it and arrange to "see them" there. As it turns out only my stepdad comes as my mom is just too tired. Apparently they had a hardish time coming back from Cali Grill the night before (they had wanted to go to the ttc for a bus instead of using the DTD option but the parks had closed prior to the time frame they were there and a bunch of other stuff..while they knew they could have taken a cab they didn't know how much it was or how..Mom thinks all cab prices should be in a guidebook somewhere..talk about a lot of info!)

Anyway we again start at Crush and Gusher, do a turn on the lazy river to get to the raft rides and do those a time or two, hit the wave pool, find my stepdad, do the lazy river, have lunch, hit the pool and a storm slide or two and call it quits for the afternoon. We as a group decide this park is more us then blizzard beach.

Mom has had a long rest and feels great and we all go to the party. Mom is a grandma (big costume change there huh?) and the guys are pirates (eyepatches a hat and a parrot on stepdad) I'm a cheerleader (thought about being a banker but that's just too scary) with a pom pom made from WDW bags.

We had an adr for 6 something at Tony's and are seated right on time..inside which is fine and have blast! All the meals are great (love their steak) but they are serving an abbreivated menu with only one dessert "sampler" choice due to the party..still very good and we get a special "song/cheer" thing for our anniversary as well.

The party is just getting started as we leave and we head to tommorowland first, do buzz a time or two, the tta, get a spacemountian fix, trick or treat and then head to fantasyland for pooh, philarmagic (and a quick stop on the way for teacups for some of us). We also then wander to the HM (and are blown away by the cm's and the fog etc), then head to pirates, and grab a fp for splash (which while we do this mom and stepdad have our parade/fireworks spots picked out based on the second showing I think) we love the parade!! and the fireworks!! After this we do Peter pan, and philarmagic again, along with HM and I think we did another space or buzz (and lots of candy grabs) we ended the night (at midnight on the nose I think) with one of the last HM runs..just amazing!

We really enjoyed it and thought it was different and yet comparable to the MVMCPs that we have been to in terms of fun and value!

disneydrmr
10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Sounds like another full day! The party sounds like it was a really good time! Got any candy left?

offwego
10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Sounds like another full day! The party sounds like it was a really good time! Got any candy left?

Yep! Want some?

Bethis26fan
10-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds like another great day, thanks for sharing.

faline
10-20-2007, 04:13 PM
The Halloween party is so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 09:42 PM
I thought the MNSSHP was amazing this year: between the parade and the CMs in costume and the fireworks... it was just so much fun. Glad you and your family had as much fun as we did. And yet again... we need pictures!

BTW. what shoes did you wear? What shoes do cheerleaders wear these days? (Back in my day, it was saddleshoes.)

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Beach Club Babe
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a perfect party to me!

ChipnDaleGal
10-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Sounds like you had a really great time at the MNSSHP! It is such a fun event. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: