PDA

View Full Version : Million Dreams Upgrade

Von-Drake
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Has anyone gotten a Year of a Million Dreams better accommodations upgrade? If so, what was it and when were you notified at reservations, check-in, was it to a deluxe resort, etc...?

TheRustyScupper
10-17-2007, 01:03 PM
1) If you are moved to another resort, you are notified ahead of time.
. . . eg. from Value to DVC
. . . this is usually a capacity issue
2) If you are upgraded at THAT resort, you kn ow at check-in.
. . . eg. standard view to water view

Deesdisney
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
This is great to know. However in my case I have to get 3 rms for 6 people will they all get up graded too?

WIRLSFAN
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
We stayed at Pop last April and discovered upon check-in we were upgraded from a standard room to a preferred room!!! We were a group of 4 rooms. All of us were upgraded and all the rooms were in a row. :mickey: Not sure if this was due to Year of a Million Dreams or the fact that we were there celebrating my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.:party: Either way, it was a nice surprise!!!! :mickey:

poeticeclipse
10-17-2007, 04:22 PM
From what I understand, if they do not say the words "Year of a Million Dreams" it isn't because of that and it is simply a complimentary upgrade. They do those once in a while when they have overbooked one area or when they notice that you are celebrating something special.

DisFan01
10-17-2007, 04:56 PM
About a year ago, we got an E-mail with the "Year of a Million Dreams" logo, that said we got a free upgrade from the POP Century Resort. It was the Disney Vacation Club Resort Old Key West. They gave us great treatment. We got the very first room in the parking lot that is across the street from the lobby. This was extremely convient for us, and it was the best thing (Resort wise) that has ever happened to us. :pixie:

spoiledraf
10-17-2007, 11:33 PM
We were never told it was a "Year of a Million Dreams" upgrade but it truly was when they put us in the "Steeple Chase Suite" at the Boardwalk. The room is bigger than my house. Two bedrooms, three baths, a library and dining room and an 80 foot long balcony over looking the Boardwalk and Cresent Lake. That was a dream come true to us!

Deesdisney
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Wow. Those upgrades are great. I had my upgrade at Disneyland from standard to suite concierge. I am afraid I have used up my good luck. But I am still dreaming. I am taking my 2 dd, my sil, and niece. Would that be cool to get one of those upgrades so I can show them the best of WDW since I can not afford it.

Purpleville
10-19-2007, 12:54 PM
A couple of years ago we were upgraded from a Standard Room at the Wilderness Lodge to Concierge :thumbsup: for the week. We can dream, but we think that was a once in a lifetime upgrade for our family :mickey:.

In November we will have a Standard Room again. Upgrade? We will see.