PDA

View Full Version : CMs on Days Off

VLMA
10-17-2007, 08:42 AM
If we're not working & want to just enter the parks, how do we enter? Last time I just walked through the turnstiles with my id, but now the Hub is listing my maingate pass usage as 1 and I'm a little confused.
(note: this is for when I'm going alone/not signing anyone else in).

I'm new & no one ever clarified the procedures about how to go about it.

Help, anyone?

Thanks!

AwPhooey
10-17-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm not a CM, but a friend of mine is and she told me how she enters MK and Epcot.

At MK, she parks in the lot behind the park and enters from the back (I don't remember where).

At Epcot, she parks in the CM lot and typically enters through Mexico, though she said she could enter somewhere else, too.

This was as of a year ago and things may have changed, so you may want to double-check. :mickey:

Piglet822
10-17-2007, 09:22 AM
CM's are not supposed to enter thru backstage areas if just visiting the park.
Simply use your Cast ID and enter thru the "CAST" turnstyle at the front of each park. The 1 that you're describing sounds like that might be the number of people you sign in. That would be your Maingate - it's totally separate from your Cast ID.
That's how it was 3 years ago when I worked at WDW. We have a couple of CM's on the boards - if anything has changed I'm sure they'll let you know.

Figgyluv03
10-17-2007, 12:19 PM
When I worked there 7 years go, they told us not to enter backstage if we were just visiting the parks for the day. I never had a problem going in though the regular lines just like everyone else. On busier days I would go in through the CM lines, but the was very rarely.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Did you show them the Blue Maingate card? If you did, that's where the 1 use is coming from. You only need to use that card when you are entering with other people who aren't CM's, otherwise your Cast ID (the one used for clocking in/out) is your ticket. You just go up to the turnstile and use your ID like a Guest would use theirs.

Personally, I've entered using backstage areas when it's something like....just going for night shows or to swing by Japan for a present.It's just a lot faster to go in from the back, take 20 minutes to get to Japan and get what I need then leave, as opposed to going to Guest parking, taking the trams, entering through Future World, walking all the way back to Japan, then back to the front, and then leaving. Or if my friends are in parades, I go and hang out with them before they work and then kill time upstairs before parade.

It's not recommended and yes, you can get in trouble because that's how they track if you've called out and gone to the parks instead of work.

Imagineer1981
10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Ya, disney doesn't want CMs going through backstage, but I always did at MK, especially on crowded days, way easier than using the monorail and parking system. But all you do is go through the front gate with your ID, in any turnstail. You only need to go through the "Cast" section if you plan on using your main gate pass for up to 3 other guests. You get to use that 12 times a year, and they are park hoppers for that day, so its really nice.

Figaro
10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
As far as I know, go to the CM entrance at the main entrance area and show them your ID, they'll scan it, and your in. Avoid off-stage entrance on days off. The resorts are the only places where I think their a little more giving on off-stage entrance. You can ask your Coordinator/Lead/Manager and they should know more, also. :mickey: If you have any other ques, shoot me a line. I work over at Lodge, Fort, and Contmp.

Mickey Loves Golf
10-19-2007, 05:16 AM
I've seen security stop CM's at West Clock from getting on the bus if they weren't going to work. Always enter through the turnstiles using your cast ID.

Main Street Jim
10-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Actually, if it's just you and you're *not* using your Main Gate pass, you can enter through any turnstile at the front of the parks. The ones labeled "Cast Entrance" are mainly used for those CMs with Main Gates getting someone else in, VIP CMs, etc.

You don't use your Main Gate if it's only you; just use your regular Cast ID.

DO NOT get caught parking in the Cast parking lot and entering through the Cast entrances on your days off, especially during holidays. That constitutes misuse of your Cast privileges, and is grounds for termination.

Take it from a "former" Turnstile@MK Cast trainer ;-)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-20-2007, 12:34 PM
I've seen security stop CM's at West Clock from getting on the bus if they weren't going to work. Always enter through the turnstiles using your cast ID.

There isn't a way to tell if someone is working or not. Street clothes don't make a difference, because you can either keep your clothes in your locker (like me) or you can be Entertainment (who have to get their costumes from the park). The only way to know is to ask.

I use both the Guest Entrance and Cast Entrance about equally. It depends on where I am at, but I'll admit - I do it because it's easier and faster than waiting for a Guest who doesn't understand that there are multiple lines at turnstiles, going through security, and not knowing how to use their tickets with the bio-metric scanning. AK is the same as Guest parking so I use Guest, MGM - depends, but mostly Cast, Epcot - depends on if I am at a resort or not/just seeing Illuminations/World Showcase and MK - Cast mostly because I visit before work, otherwise I park at CR (I HATE TTC).

However I don't abuse it....I don't use it when I call out (which is rare unless I am seriously sick and getting acquainted with my toilet:ack:) and I don't use it on holidays. But I wouldn't take any examples from me because yes, it's something we aren't supposed to do.:blush: