PDA

View Full Version : POP Building Recommendations

pooh0601
10-17-2007, 08:36 AM
We will be staying at POP Century for 1 night, and then moving on to the WL for 2 nights. The night we stay at POP we won't be getting there until dinner time(we got ADR at Cape May), and then will drive to downtown disney in our own car to walk around the shops at night.

Based on the fact that we are only there for 1 night and bus transportation is not needed, what building(s) would be best suited for us? I was looking at the resort map and I thought maybe a bldg. in the 50's? What building in the 50's would put me where I am NOT on top of the bowling pin pool? Someone mentioned about a room in the 50's where you can see Epcot and SSE, what building is that?

We don't want to be near a pool(too much noise), and want to be somewhat close to the main building to grab a snack and breakfast. We have a "standard" room, not a "preferred".

Thanks for your input!

TheMartellFamily
10-17-2007, 09:58 AM
The 70's section is not by any pools.

JerseyDad
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
...stayed in the 60's Buildings pretty much every time at POP (with poolside rooms) and the 'noise' is pretty much non-existent, especially in the evening. However it would appear that a room in any of the 50's buildings "center wings" that extend away from the center court and pool would be what you're looking for.

jennsky
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I would ask for the 50's A Building with a parking lot view. That is where we stayed and it was soooo close to the main building. Seriously, it was only steps. Our view was the parking lot (although that was even hard to see around the gardens they have). We never had any noise issues (except for the yahoos that pulled the fire alarm in the middle of the night...but besides that!) Anyways, that would be my recommendation.

crmark1
10-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Last April we stayed at POP. I requsted the 50's Building top floor backside with view of Epcot. It was great we could see the fireworks at Epcot from our room!

Bringonthemouse!
10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Last April we stayed at POP. I requsted the 50's Building top floor backside with view of Epcot. It was great we could see the fireworks at Epcot from our room!

:ditto:
Waking up, looking out the window and seeing SSE had a very Disney-esque feel!!! We are heading back in Dec and this is the section we will request again! It is the back of the building that has the giant Jukebox out front.

BriarRose0708
10-20-2007, 07:13 PM
50's building #3 overlooking the lake is your best bet for what you want.

Have a great stay!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I stayed once at Pop and it was in the 60s :mickey: