PDA

View Full Version : TikiG's Intercot Weekend Trip Report Part 2

TikiGoddess
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Saturday, Oct 13:

Amy, Jacob, and I were up bright and early at 7am so we could meet Greg and Nikki to go to Epcot before opening. We let Jacob pick the first ride of the day and dutifully headed over to Test Track. We waited perhaps 5 minutes before we were zooming around at 60 mi/hr! It was great to have people to ride with… I enjoy solo trips but being with people who ‘get’ the magic makes it even more fun when touring the parks.

We then headed over to ride Soarin’ with the other I’cotees. Posted wait time was 30 minutes but we waited less, and Nikki and I ended up in B1, which was great since this was her first time on Soarin’!! We then walked over to Nemo en masse and did that, along with Turtle Talk (my first time – what amazing technology!!). I like how the show was geared towards both kids AND adults, humor-wise.

I went off on my own after that and ended up riding Imagination (… bring back Dreamfinder!!) and started walking around World Showcase. This was my first trip during Food and Wine Festival, so it was fun to see all the booths and the different choices of food/wines. I wasn’t feeling adventurous foodwise so I ended up getting a salad at the Liberty Inn and then going to see one of my favorite things at WDW, the Voices of Liberty. They are just amazing!! I have been a choral singer since high school, and sing in a small group now, and it is just a joy to hear how tight their harmonies are and how well they respond to each other. They sang ‘When you Wish Upon a Star’ and I teared up almost immediately.

As I left the American Pavilion I noticed that the Food and Wine crowds were growing. I walked out of World Showcase and met Emily (MissStyles) near the fountains. We talked about running and other important topics but unfortunately I had to get going so I wouldn’t be late for the Grand Floridian tea.

On the monorail over to the TTC, I finally got to ride in the front. All these years that I’ve been going to WDW and this was my first time in the front!! When I switched monorails at the TTC I ran into Ben and Ellen who were also headed to the Tea.

The Tea. Oh, what a heavenly experience. A calm, cool oasis in the middle of a hectic day. The food was out of this world, the tea was even better, and the company was very enjoyable. Many thanks to Cher for letting me experience this gem!! This will be something I do on a future trip, for sure.

After the Tea Amy, Jacob, and I headed back to Pop (got to ride in the front of the monorail again with Jared (Disney_Nut)). Jacob and I took a swim in the 60s pool and met a wonderful little girl named Sarah from PA. We had a ball playing Monkey in the Middle and having swim races. It was just the break I needed, as I had really been dragging all morning. Having caught my second wind, we headed over to Epcot. We wound through the crowds in World Showcase, got dinner at the Norway bakery, and then felt like VIPs as we went upstairs to the Norway loft.

And what a treat awaited us! A private meet and greet with the Mouse himself. Thanks so much to the sponsors and mods for making all of this happen!!

Then we all headed over to France for the Illuminations party. I had a good time talking with Brad (Brad192) on the way over. The party itself was divine. Great food, great swag (I think we were brighter than the fireworks at times), and wonderful company. Among the attendees I got to talk to Jennifer (Mickey’s Girl) and her husband Brian (CanadianWDWFan). I also saw Mikki (dlpMikki) and she had something for me – turns out I won the Epcot trivia contest. How sweet of Mikki to put all of those contests together and handle all the prizes!!

Seeing Illuminations from the railing was spectacular. I don’t usually get to see fireworks when at WDW as my kids are too small to stay up that late, so it was a treat to see them. After the group photo a consensus was reached and we all decided to go back to Pop and hit the sack. Because we knew that AK beckoned the next morning!!

Next up: Sunday AK, MK, and MGM… all in one day.

ElenitaB
10-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Funny how we did so many of the same things but how each of us came to those events from different angles. It was so nice seeing you and I enjoyed your company and sharing our pot of tea at the Grand Floridian. :cloud9:

disneydrmr
10-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Wow! What a day! I'm so jealous of all the fun all of you had at the bash! I'm really enjoying reading all about it from everyone's different perspectives though...

offwego
10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Sounds like a wonderful time. It's so neat hearing about all the different meets (both formal and informal) thanks for sharing them with us.

Momof2boys
10-17-2007, 09:55 AM
It's great reading everyone's adventures - it's almost like being there (almost).

The Norway event sounds absolutely magical.

KylesMom
10-17-2007, 10:09 AM
What another wonderful day. I can't believe all of the raves for the Tea at GF - it sounds heavenly. Congrats on winning the Epcot trivia contest! On to the next installment! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
10-17-2007, 01:32 PM
another great day!!!
really sounds like everyone had a great time!! and go you for winning the epcot contest!!! :mickey:

Ian
10-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Awesome report! I love reading reports about meets from other folks who were there. It's so cool to hear what they were up to while we were prowling around the parks at the same time.

Look forward to reading more!!

dolphinmickey9170
10-17-2007, 02:13 PM
What a great time......the tea sounds wonderful.

pdrlkr
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
10-17-2007, 06:50 PM
They sang ‘When you Wish Upon a Star’ and I teared up almost immediately.

Oh, I couldn't agree more - I was just reliving it today watching our video. Total Disney Magic!

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 10:26 PM
sounds like another great day.

faline
10-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Great day! I was sorry to have missed the Mickey meet but the Illuminations party was lots of fun!

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 11:23 PM
You are doing such a lovely job of capturing the spirit of being there with all the other Intercotees. I really enjoyed reading your report. Thank you! :mickey: