PDA

View Full Version : TikiG’s Intercot Weekend Trip Report Part 1

TikiGoddess
10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Friday, Oct. 12th

Friday started off early… 5am. I had packed everything possible the night before, so I got up, showered, and was out of the house by 5:45am. Security at BDL was jammed but it actually only took about 20 min to get through. On the plane I sat right in the first row (extra leg room, always a good thing), next to a woman who was going to WDW with her family for the first time in 8 yrs. I tried to explain to her why I was going (“well, it’s like a Disney fan convention”) and what Intercot is (“we talk about things like how tall the castle is and where the best hotels are”). By the end of the trip I was saying things like “I’m a Disney freak and I came here to meet other Disney freaks. Yeah, we do things like ride rides together and talk about refillable mugs and such.”

So anyway, the flight was very uneventful and I actually got to relax for 3 straight hours. Looked out the window and saw the Pentagon and the Daytona raceway. After landing and trekking all over the airport to get my luggage and find DME, I hopped on a bus to Pop Century. I checked in and of course my room wasn’t ready, so I had lunch out by the pool (Turkey Ciabbata, YUM). I walked over to the 80’s section and dipped my feet in the computer pool. When I called at 1pm the room was ready – 6270, right near the Big Wheel in the 70’s section – right where I had requested. It was a great location, close to everything.

I unpacked and left the room about 1:50. Took the bus and the monorail over to the Poly for the Tambu Lounge meet. Also got to check into one of my favorite stores (BouTIKI). The meet was great – talked to the MJ girls, Blythe (DsnyGirl) and her husband Dan, John, Ian, Gary, Cher (SorcererofFantasia) and PJ, Christine (Hammer), and so many more people. I could tell this was going to be a fun weekend!

At 4:15 I couldn’t wait any longer… I had to go to the MK. I used my MNSSHP ticket to get in and headed over to Adventureland. I had just missed the Tiki Room show so I headed over to Pirates. There was a 20 min wait posted but it was much shorter – maybe 5 minutes. This was a recurring theme all weekend – every wait was much shorter than posted (except Everest, but that’s another story).

After drooling over Jack Sparrow, I headed over to Splash but then decided that I didn’t want to chance getting soaked before the Intercot meet. It would be just my luck that I end up getting hit by the water cannon and showing up looking like a drowned rat. :) So I hit Mickey’s Philharmagic. It has now surpassed Splash Mountain as my favorite attraction – it makes me smile EVERY time I see it. I also did Pooh and the Hall of Presidents. I haven’t seen HoP since I was a kid – and to be totally honest, it was all I could do to stay awake.

I had dinner at Pinocchio Haus and had fun waving at people in the IASW boats. Then it was off to Tomorrowland for a spin on Buzz Lightyear and the TTA. At that time it was getting close to 7pm so I changed into my costume (put on my Red Sox shirt and hat!) and went to the Noodle Station. Everyone looked great! I was glad to see my hotel roommate Amy (Mousefever) and Jacob there, along with Ellen, Ben, Nikki (BriarRose0708), Greg (Toots), and many others.

We all headed over to the Monster Inc Laugh Floor Co. Club (dare I abbreviate it?) and this was a first for me. I like the show but I’m not sure I will be seeing it every time I visit the MK. There were some great parts but it’s definitely not a must see for me. We then trekked over to the HM (now there’s a must see, especially with all the new changes!!!!!!). The Small World meet was next and it was fun to see how many of us were riding together.

The rest of the night consisted of fireworks (watched from the rose garden), treats (can’t go home without candy), and pins (can’t go home without new pins). I was in bed by 11pm but then Amy and I stayed up talking for at least a half an hour. Probably would have stayed up later but we knew that tomorrow would be a busy day!

Next: Saturday Soarin’, Tea, and Fireworks

ElenitaB
10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
You certainly did get a lot in on your first day, in spite of it being a travel day! I was so glad to see you there...

On to read about Saturday. :D

disneydrmr
10-17-2007, 08:52 AM
What an eventful first day!

offwego
10-17-2007, 09:07 AM
that sure is a lot in one day..thanks so much for sharing with us.

Momof2boys
10-17-2007, 09:35 AM
You definately got a lot in on your travel day ! It's great meeting new people.

KylesMom
10-17-2007, 09:49 AM
By the end of the trip I was saying things like “I’m a Disney freak and I came here to meet other Disney freaks. Yeah, we do things like ride rides together and talk about refillable mugs and such.”
:rotfl: :D

Great first day - on to more! :mickey:

aprilisis
10-17-2007, 10:46 AM
:thumbsup: Great report! Thanks for sharing. I have to say that I wish I was there for this meet. :(

DizNee143
10-17-2007, 12:31 PM
wow what a great day!! you really did a lot..and to think it was also your travel day!! im off to read about your next day!!! :mickey:

Ian
10-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Great report ... you had me cracking up with the airplane ride! That's so funny when you try and explain to people what you're doing. They never quite get it!

You really crammed a lot into day one, huh? I thought we were busy, but you definitely blew me away!

dolphinmickey9170
10-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Great first day....can't wait to read more.

Mousefever
10-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Admitting you're a Disney freak is the first step toward recovery. Oh wait! We don't want to recover!
Amy

:dory:

pdrlkr
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
10-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Sounds like such a fun time, wish I was there!

grego77
10-17-2007, 09:18 PM
ditto what everybody else said...oh yea...and GO SOX! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a really great busy first day.

faline
10-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Great start! It was good to meet you!

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 11:19 PM
I am also in awe of how well you held up for getting up so early and staying through the Halloween Party! You must have been on a good Disney Endorphin High! Wonderful report, and I have to say that you looked really cute in your Red Sox uniform! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
10-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Amazing how much can be done on the first day! Thanks for the report!:thumbsup:

AbeeNormal
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
So ...... What did your re-fillable mug look like? :beer:

Sounds like you had a great first day. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear about day 2.:)