PDA

View Full Version : Party for the Senses.. dress code??

WheresWalt
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
This year will be our first Party for the Senses and I was wondering how everyone dresses??

I know just about everything at Disney is casual now but just curious as this is a little different and some F&W stuff has a more dressy dress code. :mickey:

mickey-mouse35
10-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm curious what everyone will say. They told me when I made ressies that it was resort casual, meaning no shorts or sneakers.

Walt, when are you going? We're going 11/3 and would love to hook up with other Intercotees!

mickey-mouse35
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Also, on a related note, would love to get some reviews from people who have gone this year.
Where are the best tables to see the Cirque performers, and can I get my glass/plate at the door if I don't go to the concert?

mudpuppysmom
10-17-2007, 09:03 AM
DH and I went last year and people dressed the gamut from really dressed up -- I saw a woman in a ball gown, to the dressed down -- people in jeans.

We were told it was business casual and that is how we dressed. DH wore dress pants and a button down shirt and I wore a skirt and a blouse. We both wore our dress shoes, which was a killer later in the evening! You are tired, plus you have drank a ton of wine and stuffed yourself with food!

I would recommend that you dress as they have requested and you will fit in nicely......the people that had on jeans stood out as did the woman in the ball gown -- unless you want to stand out.

As for getting your plate and wine glass -- you get them when you enter the World ShowPlace pavilion. Unless they have changed how you check in, that is where you get them. We did not go to the concert, just the party.

As for the best tables to see the Cirque performers -- good luck. The tables last year were not set up right on top of the stage so you could see the performers, plus people gather around and obstruct the view if you are sitting at a table. There were nowhere near enough tables for everyone to sit at when we were there last year, so if you want a table, get there early and also try to make friends so one couple can go try the food and wine while the other stakes out the table......the people are very territorial with the tables!

Even if you don't get a table, don't fret -- you can just keep walking around sampling everything there is to offer!! Sure, your feet will be tired, but once you sit down for a few mintues, you'll forget you didn't get to sit at a table.

Have a blast!!

WheresWalt
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Walt, when are you going? We're going 11/3 and would love to hook up with other Intercotees!

We will be there this upcoming weekend, the 20th. I read a review of the Party for the Senses on another Disney info website. Just google "party for the senses review" and the site will show up first. There is a review on that site for the September 29 of this year Party. :mickey:

WheresWalt
10-18-2007, 03:15 PM
We were told it was business casual and that is how we dressed. DH wore dress pants and a button down shirt and I wore a skirt and a blouse. We both wore our dress shoes, which was a killer later in the evening! You are tired, plus you have drank a ton of wine and stuffed yourself with food!

That is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!!:mickey:

Natazu
10-19-2007, 06:40 PM
:soapbox:

Ok, here's the thing. After about 10 PftSs, I have stopped trying to meet the dress code. I wear nice comfortable clothes, usually a dress shirt or polo, khakis, and sneakers (or trainers for those of you across the pond). I did my share of parties in dress shoes and dress pants but after too many trips across Epcot in uncomfortable footwear, I opted for comfort. Even in Dockers and Reeboks, one will still be more dressed up than a large percentage of the patrons.

As for reviews, it's hard because from week to week chefs change and so do the items. I don't remember trying anything that wasn't excellent, except for maybe the Sam Adams Utopia. The party is a great opportunity to try this item before purchasing it.

Here are a couple of unsolicited hints:
-Until about 7:30, the lines for the food items are long (though they move quickly).
This is a good time to try cheese or light desserts. Then, as the evening wears on, the bulk of the group moves to dessert, then there is no wait at most of the food stations.
-Rare wines are in limited amounts. If you want White Star or Utopia, get it early before it runs out.
-

WheresWalt
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Yep Jym... comfort should be the name of the game.. that and elastic at the waist band. I should have done comfort for shoes but I'm a gal who loves my shoes. My dog's ached the next day. But as for the rest of it hubbie and I did what I would consider resort casual. Doing it over again, I would have only worn more comfy shoes and hubbie would have done a nice short sleeve untucked Hawaiian style shirt. There was everything from jean shorts to cocktail dresses. I think there was even a guy in a tuxedo, poor man.

Great fun btw!! The roasted pheasant and the bacon tartlet dishes were lovely. The cheese sampling was outstanding. The Puglian wine was a real treat too. All in all only complaint was the perennial not enough chairs or too many people, take your pick!!!:mickey:

Natazu
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Great fun btw!! The roasted pheasant and the bacon tartlet dishes were lovely. The cheese sampling was outstanding. The Puglian wine was a real treat too. All in all only complaint was the perennial not enough chairs or too many people, take your pick!!!:mickey:

Rachel appropriated a bottle of the Puglia Bianco on the way out around 9:30. (Sam Adams had a little "post-party toast" and afterwards the booths were mostly unattended.)

There definitely weren't enough tables and chairs. They seem to have taken away a bunch of the big tables and replaced them with four-person tables. We had a rough time getting a seat at our 10/20 party.

WheresWalt
10-30-2007, 08:30 PM
LOL Jym... wish we had thought of that. That was an excellent wine. We were stationed at a standing table near that booth so I sampled liberally. The rep manning it was very informative too.

Hubby appropriated a hunk of yummy white truffle cheese before the party ended. He was quite the proud one walking out of Epcot with his ill gotten gains. It was just as yummy in the room as at the party :blush:

Just of note to the gastrically brave out there.. the monk's head cheese is quite simply the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. It tasted the way I imagine 3 day old fish in a well worn sneaker would smell. Stay far far away!!