PDA

View Full Version : All star question?

Deesdisney
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I made res. for CBR for Jan. for 3 now I found out that there is 6 of us. I am thinking about 3 rooms at the All Star Movies Toy Story but every time I look at the map I get kind of worried about how far everything looks. I have arthritis and after a day in the parks I have a really hard time getting around. Has anyone that has been there think that this resort would be a little to difficult for me?

DessertDivaFL
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
We are staying there next month and we asked for a Preferred Location which are the rooms closed to the main building. I am going to request the Toy Story section as I think this is the closest to the main building and the bus stop.

I am sure other Intercotees will have other ideas too.

pjbs35a
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
The All Star Resorts are rather spread out and if don't' get a room close to the main building or the parking lot if you have a car, you can depend on a lot of walking.
Having said that, I stayed at the All Star Sports, Building Four during the INTERCOT's
10th Anniversary Meet. It is quite a distance from the main building, but I had a car and my room was on the first floor about twenty steps from where I parked each day. Best room I ever had at an All Star. But, I had a car and drove to the parks.

Deesdisney
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I will have my car but we were going to have breakfast at the food court. I was also thinking about the cabins at FW but that would be to much money.

Camden'smom
10-16-2007, 09:14 PM
We just stayed in the Woody building at All Star Movies in September. Even though Buzz and Woody are considered preferred locations they are not the closest to the food court and buses. If you want to stay at the Movies and be close to the food court and buses I would suggest requesting the Fantasia building.

pjbs35a
10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I will have my car but we were going to have breakfast at the food court. I was also thinking about the cabins at FW but that would be to much money.

One option if your room is close to the parking lot, would be to drive to the lot where you park to check-in, for breakfast. That should be right across the street from the main building.

crltkcagle
10-17-2007, 12:41 PM
we stayed at buzz and found it very close to everything. it was close to the food court, the pool and the laundry facility. it was a very nice resort too. my only complaint was the bus situation at the parks.

crazykids
10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
We stayed in the toy story bldg last month. I have bad knees & back and it wasn't that far of a walk for me at the end of the night. It's a little bit of a walk from the bus stops, but nothing compared to if you were staying in one of the other buildings. If you have mobility issues, I would definitely spring for the preferred room because the resort really is spread out.

KylesMom
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
If memory serves correctly, the Dalmatians building is also quite close to the food court and bus stop. I remember it took us less than two minutes to get to the main building each morning to refill our mugs.

I recall that Toy Story became a preferred building because just about everyone wanted to stay over there due to the theming - not because of how close it was to the food court or bus stop. If you requested Fantasia or Dalmatians due to your mobility issues, I think you may be better off than staying in the Toy Story section. :mickey:

I am curious, though. Three rooms would technically fit 12 people at All Stars (albeit tight quarters). I checked rates and from 1/1-2/13/08 a cabin would cost $255, while three Value rooms @ $82 each would be $246. You could definitely sleep six in one cabin, unless each member of your traveling party needs their own bed. Just a thought . . .

jennsky
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Totally go for All Star Movies but definitely request a preferred room in Fantasia if you are worried. The resort is quite spread out and you will have a lot of walking to do otherwise. I stayed in the Mighty Ducks section and it was a bit of a hike to the main building. If you can't afford preferred, then take advantage of using your car. Drive to the main building for breakfast and then drive to the parks. As I recall, resort members get free parking at the parks and then you won't have to risk standing in a crowded bus to/from the parks. Just my suggestion...

wedway76
10-17-2007, 08:46 PM
You may also ask for a room on the first floor. If you are on the first floor close to the main building you can save a lot of walking.

On the upper floors you always have to walk to the elevators which are located in the center of the building. On the first floor you can usually walk directly out your door and onto your destination.

Deesdisney
10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Thank you for all the advice. I think I will ask for a pref. at fantasia on the bottom floor. This was good advice. Thank you again.